Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Male Not that I'm asking for much...

Good morning/afternoon/evening! Pleasure to meet you - I’m StarLightStarBright, though feel free to abbreviate as you wish, and if we get chatting I’ll likely tell you my real name for ease’s sake.

Me

I’m from the north of England, so I’m on the GMT timezone, and I’m currently at uni studying philosophy, which as far as I can gather is a degree in being confused and asking stupid questions. Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it. Outside of the internet, I read, I write, I drink too much coffee, watch too much Netflix (come give me recommendations, I'm out of things to watch!) and so on and so forth.

I’ve been at the RP game, on and off, for around-about four years or so. Writing, though, has kind of always been my thing - worlds and stories and characters vastly different from my own, combining into something between a creative outlet and escapist fantasy.

To be honest, I’m picky when it comes to partners. I ask a lot of you - I’ll get to that in a second. But at the same time, that pays off, because you get a lot in return: from me, you can expect nigh-perfect literacy (I’m a pedant when it comes to grammar, sue me), what I hope is a fairly decent writing repertoire, and frequent replies rarely taking longer than a day, all being well. Obviously, everyone’s goat is floated differently and I don’t want to sound like I’m blowing my own trumpet here, but I like to think I’m relatively good at this whole thing. Point being, I know I'm asking a lot. I don't take it personally if I'm not your thing and I hope that you'd offer me the same courtesy.

You?

Here’s the big question!

I find that an RP takes on a whole new life when we’re friends as well as collaborators. That isn’t a requirement, but OOC chat is something I’ll never say no to. I promise I’m not scary! I do ask for a high degree of literacy and ideally a good chunk of writing skill - to me, this is a creative thing, I want description and emotion and reality and fantasy. If you give me that, I’ll love you forever. I’m not quite as arsy when it comes to post frequency - my absolute ideal is once every day or two, with the odd back-and-forth every now and again, post length permitting, but as long as we’re talking maybe once a week, I’m good. And of course if you’re going to be longer, give me a heads up and we won’t have a problem.

The Plotty Bits

Nothing specific in mind as we stand, though if I get inspired, this is where you’ll find it. In general, though:

- Romance, romance, romance! I’m a complete sucker for it.
- Happy Endings! Get your mind out of the gutter. Real happy endings, I mean. There’s enough rubbish going on in the world right now, when I write, I’m not looking to emulate that.
- That being said, drama. Twists and turns, conflicts, problems. I don’t want to be bored or write an endless stream of mushy, romancey crap. I’m happy to go dark and twisty.
- Length-wise, I’m open. From a couple of paragraphs, up. I’ve worked with both mediums, everything from a 200-word average to a 3000-word average. Just please, no one-liners.
- Genre: again, I can work with a range. I like to keep out of fandoms, sorry ‘bout that. Slice-of-life, little bit of fantasy, historical, horror, adventure, comedy, yes. Sci-fi, tragedy, not so much.
- Images and faceclaims, sure! I like to use real ones, rather than drawn or anime. To each their own.
- Characters! I don’t want to pigeonhole you, but my go-to character (I only play female, against your male right now. Check back in the future, maybe.) is someone with a bit of spirit. I’m not here to write a character with about as much autonomy as a ragdoll, and neither are you. On that note, keep it human, please.
- Obviously, let's keep things within the site's rules. I quite like it here and don't fancy getting booted.
- I've only ever written in PM before, but I'm not opposed to writing in a thread if that's your thing.

So, yeah, that’s me! If you’ve got a specific plot in mind and you think we’ll mesh, drop me a line! Or if you want to work on something together, that’s cool too, come say hello. Otherwise, if you’ve made it this far, thank you!! Have a fabulous day, and take care :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom