Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Will Super Mario Odyssey get a sequel?

The Roleplayer

Super-Earth
Last week, I've collected a total of 999 moons and all of the outfits in Super Mario Odyssey, which got me wondering if we're gonna get DLC or not. For my guess, Shigeru Miyamoto and his crew at Nintendo should give us an entire sequel.

If ya look at their newest character in the Mario series, Cappy is universally a very likable character from fans like myself who could be used again in a full-fledged adventure, Don't really see him as a tool turning into any other type of the main Mario game other than one that takes place in the world within Odyssey cause of how the game displays him and makes Cappy unique to that world.

His capturing abilities is a replacement for the power-ups and the how he established them in the universe, which I don't see it as a permanent fixture. But the idea went pretty well for the fanbase and would love to see him implemented into another Mario; however any other concept of a mainline Mario title - whether if it's 2D or 3D - I could see Cappy included if it's a sequel of sorts to Odyssey.

That would be a reason for Nintendo to do, so they can have a fully new adventure containing Cappy again - It's just depends on how much ideas they could think of. And Cappy could provide a chunk load of new stuff, especially in combination of my next reason.

The characters and enemies that are well established in the Mario series were'n included in Odyssey. Boos, Shy Guys, and the Bomb-Ombs are some of the main enemies - to name many as I could - that weren't included in the game. I'm sure one of Nintendo's development teams was saving them for the future. Hell, they could be working on Odyssey 2 right now.

Whaddya think?

I understand that there were plans of Bowette making an appearance in Odyssey as her own character. I think that would interesting to see. Is she really Bowser Jr.'s mom? I think she would make for very interesting independent villain. I can see her being more hardcore than Bowser. But yeah would not mind seeing her in a sequel. Or in any game.

Back
Top Bottom