Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Boy and his Hypno (Kaybee x Alty)

Kaybee

Supernova
Leon had been living on the outskirts of Rustboro town for as long he could remember. Leon and his mother had been provided a small cottage on the edge of Route 116, where they'd spend most of their days harvesting berries from the nearby Cheri and Chesto trees that had been growing around the area, then selling them to a nearby store in the city to make their living. The labor wasn't all that bad, and living in the area had meant being able to explore Rustboro city on all of his frequent trips to stock up on supplies for their home. It was in Rustboro city that he'd made most of his closer friends, though most of them had aspirations of becoming the Hoenn region's finest trainer and would often leave the city and be acquainted with their first pokemon at Professor Birch's lab in the south.

His name was Leon, nothing too out of the ordinary about the way he looked. He was almost so normal that he'd gotten picked on because of it. Pretty short for his age, with messy hair, and fairly pale skin. Leon never stood out and had frequently ghosted away in the middle of conversations. Though visiting Rustboro was fun, on nights where He'd been forced to stay home due to the weather or some other incident, he'd spend a lot of time day dreaming and becoming absorbed into his imaginative mind. Even sometimes having conversations with himself when he'd felt these imaginations become too vivid.

Seeing as though so many of his friends had come and gone, most of his social life was fixated around the trainer school, and Roxanne's gym. He'd frequently be given the privilege to watch Roxanne in her pokemon battles, where he'd picked up on most of my trainer knowledge as his mother had still not allowed him to try enrolling at the school. His mom had lost her husband while he was away in a different region on an expedition to uncover fossil's of ancient pokemon, since that'd happen she wanted Leon to have nothing to do with traveling far and wide and exploring the region.

Leon woken up early on my 14th birthday, expecting the day to pass just like any other. He was going to head into town and visit the general store to pick up some lumber, food, and other supplies that his mother had needed me to collect. But after, he knew he'd stop by the trainer academy to talk to Roxanne or look through some of the trainer manuals that had been in the lower levels. Leon collected his bag and bicycle and had set out to go into the main town.

========

He saw them, every day he saw them.

Since being Drowzee, he'd lived in the forest. It was a quiet wood, few predatory pokemon roamed there, it was easy to settle and sleep to the tune of raun drumming on his skin, to the sensation of cool breeze in the humid summers, beneath thick beds of leaves in the fall. He saw them dream, saw him dream, quiet small, human child with such vivid slumbering fantasies, the purest perfect sustenance.

It was an odd silent parternership, neither knowing of the other, but both of them knowing the other.

One could not consume the dreams of others without being a part of them in some way.

After dreams, after change, he became stronger. They were growing, silently side-by-side. He supped of waking thoughts, and slowly they became linked, a fragile bond, small and easily broken at first, but growing stronger with each shared emotion, with each mutual contemplation. The thoughts did not even need to come from the bond itself, simply the resonance of minds, two beings independently coming to the same mental place, converging out of sheer similarity.

After so long sharing the quiet hours of the night, it was easy. Without even realizing it, they shaped each other, thought alike, grew together.

But he was changed, no longer the slumber dream eater, now a silent thought-melder. The human boy walked, and he followed. The bicycle was faster than Hypno could run, but Hypno did not need to see the boy to know where he was going, did not even need to rely on the memories of how often this trip was made. All he needed to do was follow their bond, trailing after him, fast as he could go.

Leon had always felt a presence. Sometimes watching over him from a distance, but at other times far closer than he'd like. At first, the presence at instilled a lot of fear into Leon when he'd first moved into the Route 116 cottage, but overtime he'd noticed presence or not, his life had moved on just as usual. Leon would try to discuss it with his friends sometimes, but they either nodded him off or thought he was crazy. Leon chose to go as fast as he could on his new mach bike, the winds brushing violently up against his skin. In moments he'd left the solace of the wilderness and arrived at the gates of Rustboro city. Large buildings filled up his sight as he walked into the gates, parking his bicycle up at the rack in front of the blue domed general store.

Leon would spend quite some time in the store, chatting up the clerk at the front about simple stuff. Leon would cover a wide range of topics, trying to get a read for all of the new things that have been happening in the city like if Silph Co. had made any new inventions or if any new intriguing challengers had appeared at Roxanne's gym.

Now that Leon had gotten off his bike, and spent some time in the same location, it had started. Leon had never really known what to call the feelings, but it felt like he'd been given thoughts that weren't his own, but his own at the same time. Leon had blanked out at times, being given thoughts and day dreams of things that he'd yet to see or even know. Leon knew they were his thoughts, they were in his mind after all, but none of them had really come from his memory. Was it a guardian? An angel? Was it even a physical being? He never knew, but he was sure there had to be something. Leon would shake his head to ground him back into reality, bidding the cashier farewell before stepping out through the sliding doors of the general market.

As Leon had begun to pack up a large bag of materials into the back compartment of his bike, he'd heard a commotion coming from a couple of streets over, sounding something like a pokemon may have been in distress from this distance. Leon had a knack for rushing into danger. Without thinking twice, he ran as fast he could into one of the alleyways to see two tall figures dressed in oddly colored uniforms standing over a trainer he recognized from the trainer's school and an injured Zigzagoon that was trying desperately to defend the young trainer. "Hey!" Leon shouts, "Leave him alone!" Leon reaches for the closest rock, picking it up and tossing it at one of the two goons.

"The heck-?!" The rock was a lucky throw, arcing through the air to strike one of the men across the head, a knock that bloodied his scalp and would leave a goose egg, but far from a knock-out shot. "Augh!" He went down to one knee while the other man whirled. They were oddly dressed... Red uniforms, with almost some sort of half-cloak?

"I dunno what you think you're doing kid, but you just put your foot in the dungheap." He's holding a pokeball as he advances on Leon, a snarl on his face. "Zubat!" The fanged pokemon bursts into the world with a flash of red. "Teach this little punk a lesson. You don't cross Team Magma."

Somehow, the scariest part is his expression, he's not happy to be doing this, but there's grim purpose there. He's doing this because he thinks he has to.

Hypno hurried as he felt the emotional spikes roiling down the connection between them. Fear, outrage, the fight or flight instincts familiar to him. His pace picks up, from a steady trundle to a rapid loping run, a yellow blur speeding down the alleyways. Rustboro is big, wild pokemon sneak in around the edges all the time, and Leon is close to those edges, the back alleys that aren't always safe for human travel.

The toxic shadows retreat as he speeds around the corner, grimer and muk retreating into the drains to avoid his wrath. His power dwarfs theirs, disparity of ability combined with the natural divide between their typings. He had always understood that advantage, but he had never been able to put terms to it, not without Leon's thoughts merging with his.

Around the corner, and one hand lashes out, the pendant whips forwards and then into a twirl. "Hyp! NO!" A wave of psychic power boils from the circle he inscribes in the air, made tangible as it surges into the real world and batters at the Zubat. Caught off guard, the agile pokemon is caught by the full force of the assault, keening as it's tossed back to strike the far wall and tumble to the ground, stunned.

Hypno glances aside for a moment, and gives an imperceptible nod to Leon. "Hypno."

A moment of triumph had been plastered on Leon's face, though it ended all too soon when he'd notice that it had not dissuaded the two thugs from picking on the student. Leon shouts to the young student, "Run! Tell Roxanne what's happened!" Leon shouts out the first thing that comes to mind as adrenaline begins to course through his veins. Leon tries to run for it after making an attempt at covering for the child's escape, but ends up getting knocked down onto the dirt, "Damn." He mutters, holding onto his knee where he'd felt the impact of his fall

Leon would gaze up at the expression, painfully etching the memory of their clothing into his mind in case he'd even be able to make it through the moment. Briefly, he'd catch onto the expression of the person's face. From behind Leon comes a wave of psychic energy, tangible, he could practically sense it. He'd found it to be very familiar though, destructive and powerful, but something that he's already built up some level of resilience too. The waves of psychic energy did not do much more than cause the hairs on his skin to stand. Part of him was afraid to look back, even though it had been his own savior.

Leon rose to his feet, still feeling the remnants of adrenaline and now, some level of anxiety. Leon turns around to see the creature, that was all he could really call it, as he'd never even seen anything like it. "Wha- what are you?" Leon couldn't figure out the right question to ask, or even what to do now. He would stare mesmerized at the being, it was almost as though he'd been transported into his own dreamworld, yet it was a brush with a moment where dream and reality collided and produced this being. Leon breaks his vision for a moment to gaze at the Zubat that had been blasted by the psychic energy, his inexperience had led him to believe that it may have even died.

Instinctively, he would gaze at the being called Hypno and utter the words in a whisper, "I trust you." Leon nods at Hypno, then stands beside him staring the thugs down. "You've got nowhere to go. An officer will be here any second now! Y- yo-" Leon's voice breaks as he tries to utter the next statement. "You try to move! And I'll- I'll blast you!"

"Hypno." The Pokemon had been worried, sensing the fear underlying the bond, the incomprehension, the uncertainty. A powerful pokemon facing him down, even if it had defended him...

Then the understanding, dawning slowly, bringing relief, comprehension as they locked eyes.

"I know you..." Something between them, transcending the mere words, the bond forged by a life of slow convergence, leading together to this point. "Hypno." The Pokemon repeated, then turned. After learning so much at a distance, intent, desire, they were plain as day up close. Pin them but don't attack them. He didn't think of it in so many words, but the impression was there all the same. He held out his paw, gleaming pendant hanging menacingly from his grip as he fixed the two thugs with a glare. "-No." Perfunctory, dangerous, just the last syllable of it's name, but at the same time, it sounded like it could have come from a human. A warning.

Two minutes of standoff later, Roxanne finally arrived, barrelling into the alley at breakneck pace, slowing only when she saw Leon standing. "Oh thank Arceus you're alright. When Kenneth told me..." She swallowed. "Just... Glad you're okay, but..." Her eyes were taking in the scene, the watchful Hypno, the downed thugs, eyes now darting warily between gym leader and frightening psychic pokemon. "Where did he come from? And uh... What happened here?" Her phone buzzed, interrupting her, and she checked it quickly. "Oh... Officers should be along to clear these two out any minute. They'll probably want you to talk to you uhm..."

For all that she was a gym leader, she did care for Leon, he was a friend of sorts. "Come see me after at least?"

Leon had done his best to juggle a multitude of complex emotions, he didn't know how to think of his new found friend. Leon was close to the same height as Hypno, standing at about eye level with the pokemon. Leon had almost felt that Hypno was just an extremely strange looking human being, given all of the humanoid features. Leon would gaze at the pendant hanging from Hypno's grip, what had instilled such strong psychic suggestion in the two thugs had done nothing to him. The object had felt like a part of him, almost like an extension of his own neurological network. As Leon studied Hypno more, he could further grasp the idea that Hypno has likely been around him all this time, that he had nothing to fear of the pokemon. He'd hope that his instincts were correct, because it seemed as though the creature had devastating power.

"Yeah, I'll wait here for the officers, I'll probably need to tell them what happened." Leon's voice was quiet, coming back down from the intense emotional roller coaster that was his adrenaline. Leon had always been like that, shooting up at the slightest sight of someone being hurt, and surprising himself with his own bravery. He was the good guy, he had to be the good guy for the sake of his mother who was left all alone, and even to uphold the image of his father. "I.. I think I'm going to need some help, Roxanne. I'll come by after questioning. I need to ask you about this pokemon." Leon would look over to Hypno, nodding to him.

After Roxanne had left to the gym, Leon took the moment to speak to Hypno. "Thank you for coming to help me. I couldn't have done anything without you. Well, besides chuck a rock." Leon laughs, genuinely forgetting for a moment that he'd stood up to two thugs much bigger than him. "My name's Leon.. But, I guess you already know that, huh?" He takes Hypno by the hand he has free and gives it a firm shake. "I'm glad I got to meet you." A Growlithe had shown up on the scene first, followed by an officer on a bike. The officer had taken Leon to the Rustboro department and had him questioned for everything that had gone down in the alley. He told her everything straight, when questioned about Hypno, he had just told her that the Hypno had noticed he was in trouble and came to his rescue.

After being dismissed from the officer, Leon and his new friend headed straight for the Rustboro gym. The facility had looked one half museum one half gym. The entire top of the gym building was a fortress of rock and stone, a sight he'd stop and gaze at each time he'd come. The glass doors parted way as Leon entered, he rushed past the various displays of mining and architecture to the end of the hall, greeting the people he'd seen regularly swiftly before making his way to the end to greet Roxanne. Leon would wait a moment though, noticing that Roxanne had been doing something else, the enigmatic Hypno standing right beside him.

"Leon..." The professionalism Roxanne usually displayed was back in place by the time he arrived at the gym but even then he could see worry slipping through at the edges of her facade. The event had really shaken her. "I'm glad you're alright." She'd taken one more challenge waiting for him to get back but the girl who'd gone up against her had lost soundly, and Roxanne had been left to stew in her thoughts ever since. There simply weren't many challengers this time of day after all.

Her eyes flicked to the Hypno, still following at Leon's shoulder, like some sort of bodyguard. "Is he yours?" She'd been able to tell that he wasn't sued to the hypno's presence earlier, like a trainer with a new catch on their team, but now... Something about them seemed eerily in sync. If she hadn't seen that uncertainty of an hour ago, she would have thought they were paired for months, if not years, from the way the stood together and moved with each other.

"So..." The big question then. "Are you going to become a trainer?"

Collect the badges, make the journey, seek out the championship... Would he do it? Leon was a quiet sort, but Roxanne had seen more than a fewlike him rise to meet their potential in the league. Still, at the same time it was difficult, the two of them having hung out with each other so long...

She'd never admit it aloud, but she'd grown used to him, in her own way. The thought of him leaving brought uncharacteristic worry.

"It feels weird to call him mine, honestly. But, I think we're friends." Leon smiles at Hypno, it still had that goofy boyishness though, unable to really feel certain or serious about anything until he was provoked into doing so. "I don't know who those thugs were, but I'm lucky to have gotten away from them in the way that I did thanks to Hypno here. I've never seen anybody like him." A lot of the movements that Leon had, even the gaze and his posture were similar to the way that Hypno had moved. Leon had thought that it could've been him who showed Hypno a model of everyday life, since he had potentially been around him for a very long time.

Leon looked around the gym on occasion, making sure he hadn't been holding up any trainers looking to battle Roxanne. "Trainer?! I don't know, you really think I could do it. I've never even trained or used a pokemon to battle before in my life, I mean, I've wanted to. And I mean, it feels like Hypno is really strong as well. I'm getting that feeling you get when you look at a pokemon for the first time and just realize that you fit with it. But, I wouldn't want to hold Hypno back. I saw what he did to that Zubat, it'd gotten taken out in an instant." It sounded almost like Leon was telling Roxanne a story about a TV show or some old myth about a legendary pokemon saving a village.

"I've been here a while. I like staying here, and I've gotten used to be around you and your gym. But everyone around me seems to be moving on and seeing new parts of the world. I don't want to just be stuck here forever. So, maybe it is time for me to take the opportunity." His voice was conflicted, mainly thinking about Roxanne, he hardly cared about his family life as his mother had become bitter about life. Roxanne's duty had her tied down to Rustboro. Doesn't she wish she could also roam the world again and travel once more? He'd thought to himself. "But, I should probably figure out how it is I can fight with Hypno first, huh?"

That hurt, even if Roxanne didn't let it show on her face, hearing him explain how much he cared, how much he wanted to just stay, and then hearing him say that he should do it anyways. That he wanted to do it anyways. She knew it would probably be good for him, always quiet, and shy, to have that experience, to go see the region, see the world even.

That didn't make it hurt any less, but she could at least take some solace in the fact that Leon didn't seem to quite like the idea any more than she did.

She chewed the inside of her lip, firmed her resolve, and sighed. "Well, I can help you with that at least." She would be helping him take that step, a step neither of them really wanted, but a step both of them knew was necessary. She slapped a button, rolling back the shutters that led to the gym proper. "Come on, we'll battle, you and me." She could teach him the ropes, but more importantly she could test this Hypno. Was the pokemon willing to protect him? Was it strong enough to keep him safe?

She threw him a smile, the 'gym leader' smile, confident, assured, maybe a little arrogant, hiding the uncertainty she was feeling behind a mask of ability. "Don't worry Leon, I won't go all out or anything. Call it a practice battle. I'll make sure you're ready to face the outside world, okay?"

"Wait a minute?! Against you? B-but, you're so strong. Your Nosepass will eat me alive!" Shivers ran down Leon's spine when he'd think back to the last gym battle he'd seen. He thought the trainer was pretty solid too, but still got demolished by her. "Couldn't I just go battle some of those bug catchers or something? They seem much more-" Leon cuts off, catching the gaze of Hypno. He could tell this pokemon was built for something more, that all of this nervous energy wasn't going to do anything for it. If I wanted to be more than some village boy, I needed to have confidence in my friend.

Leon listens to Roxanne's reassurance, it had calmed him down many times before when he was in a pinch, and it didn't do anything different this time. "You're right, I've got to make sure I can handle things out there. I wouldn't trust anyone more than you to have good intentions." The slight rounding of Leon's back had straightened as he looked into Hypno's eyes, then nodding. Whenever he'd gaze at the Hypno he saw long stretches of time, growing older, every heartbreak or desire, all of it came rushing into him. It was almost as though Hypno had been a collection of all of Leon's subconscious thoughts in one. A reminded of what Leon really wanted.

Leon told Hypno that he trusted him, it was a spur of the moment call out, but, he wanted to make sure that he believed what he said. Leon knelt down beside Hypno, bowing his head. "I've never had a battle in all my life, I barely know what I'm doing. But, I think that if I'm going to fight with anybody, I'd like for it to be with you, Hypno. What do you say?" Leon reaches out his hand in front of him, offering it to the Hypno.

Hypno started back, unblinking as the two shared the moment. The words were indistinct but the feelings were unmistakeable, he was nervous, he was steady, he wanted to be more.

Hypno will help you be more.

“Hypno.” A single sound, two tones, a slight nod making an unusually human expression, but then, the Hypno was an unusually human Pokémon, this one more so than most. He reached out, setting one paw in Leon’s hand, understanding passing between them. Subconscious and conscious minds in alignment.

Leon would feel that deep down, Hypno wasn’t just ready, he was confident in their victory.

Across the gym, red light flashed, Roxanne knelt next to her geoduck, and for a moment she allowed her mask to break. She ran a hand over the smooth stone of the Pokemon’s Body, taking a deep breath as she let her face fall. “Geo.” The rock pokemon’s chirping query held concern, but Roxanne managed a smile. “We’re gonna battle okay? But... Go easy on him.” “Geo?”

“He’s precious.”

“Geo. Geodude.”

She couldn’t be sure, but she thought the Pokémon might have just tried to mimic a smile.

“Alright then...”

Stand back up, leader face on, “Leon! Are you ready?” Geodude rolled up next to her, levering itself up on its arms to face across the arena. “Then prove it to me! GO GEODUDE!”

Leon stands at the white square, on the edge of one long rocky platform. Leon had overheard the conversation between Roxanne and her Geodude, though, he was sure they didn't have to go easy one him. In this exchange, Leon thought that him and Hypno were the ones to be feared. Leon would analyze the situation, recollecting dozens of books, lectures, and conversations he'd had at the school while he was loitering around in it. Leon had heard Hypno's voice so often, it was his chance to increase his connection to the being.

Hypno. We must win. We must defeat Roxanne.

Strategy started to flow freely from his mind. It was though he had deeper access to all his memory banks. Hypno has melded wit hLeon, and given him access to all of his innate cognitive abilities. It felt almost like he was inside of a room with billions of filing cabinets, but knew immediately which ones he needed, in milliseconds he'd have everything sorted out. Hypno's powers to grow he'd need to slow his mind down, increase his psychic capabilities until he'd overflow and blast Geodude in a matter of a hit.

"I'm ready Roxanne." Leon was confident, harnessing Hypno's voice more than his own. "Hypno, show her!" As Hypno had made his way into the main stage, Leon would focus everything he had into his mind, blacking out the outside world and making mental of environment of his mind a reality.

We have the upper hand here. Hypnosis will buy us time to become stronger. We become greater, build our strength while it sleeps, then destroy it one decisive blow.

Calling out a command was just a formality at this point, something to show Roxanne that the bond Leon and Hypno had was a normal one, even though it had been anything but. They were two sides of the same coin. "Hypno! Use your pendant! Put it sleep!"

Hypno was moving almost before the command was voiced, the mental impulse communicating far faster than physical vibrations could transmit. “Hypno.” Acknowledgement was perfunctory, unnecessary, the pendant already spinning, twirling in a silver blur. “Don’t look Geodude!” Roxanne’s reaction was whip-quick, immediately ordering the countermove, but the circle traced in the air already had her pokemon’s gaze and even as she watched it began to fall asleep.

She folded her arms. “That might be enough to handle a wild Pokémon Leon, but that’s not enough for me. How long do you think until he wakes up?” The rock Pokémon was already turning over, the rapid descent into unconsciousness leaving it susceptible to an equally rapid reawakening. Leon had a handful of seconds, half a minute at most. “Come now Geodude.” Roxanne chided. “Get up!”

Leon could barely hear Roxanne, he was far too focused. His connection to Hypno was still new, and he wanted to do his best to develop it. Leon had never really realized how much time trainer's waste commanding their pokemon. All the time they'd spend shouting their commands, robbing the pokemon of the will to do what it does best, act as it would. Leon had cut out the middle man that was voice communication, and relied on both minds becoming one. Hypno had become an extension of Leon. Roxanne was a good trainer, Leon wouldn't blame her for the mistake, after all, how could she have possibility reacted fast enough to Hypno? "I... I think just long enough."

Hurry strengthen yourself. Use calm mind! You might not have this chance again.

"Hypno, use calm mind." Leon's voice sounded like a drop in an infinite expanse of water. "Keep going, don't stop." Leon had to time things carefully, he had to know how fast Geodude would awaken, as he didn't want to take any chances with his hypno taking damage.

I will be your eyes. As soon as I give the mark, cast confusion right in front of you.

Leon would avoid making Hypno watch for the Geodude's eyelids to come up, allowing Hypno every last second to calm his mind and raise his precision. Then, as soon as Geodude's eyes would open, Leon would make the call, "Hypno! Now! Confusion!"

Roxanne’s lip curled, this wasn’t just amateur tactics, this was almost professional. Has he really studied this much? This is the sort of strategy I would expect from a League challenger. She met Leon’ eyes but he wasn’t looking at her, he was staring at her Pokémon, his lips moving silently, subvocalising. When Geodude wakes up, the attack will come. He’ll be waiting... Geodude turned over and Roxanne threw her hand out, “Go! Rock throw!”

A half second too late, as she saw the pendant already beginning to move again.

“Now! Confusion!” Roxanne’s heart sank, this was... so much better than what she’d expected. She had planned to have to throw the match a little but Leon could have faced her at her best and made her work for a win. The wave of psychic power slammed into her Pokémon and he tumbled across the arena, his stone skin providing little defence against the mental assault that came with it. “G-Geo...” He reached, faltered, and slumped.

Roxanne’s fist clenched, no more going easy then. “You’re good. Better than I expected.” Strobing crimson filled the arena. “Nosepass.” Roxanne wasn’t giving any speeches about holding back this time. “Let’s go.”

Leon stopped feeling like he was himself, he just began to understood what it meant to be a Hypno. To be a a psychic being, he knew they were feared across the lands. Psychic pokemon were the only pokemon capable of turning people against people, humanities own worst nightmare was often itself. Chaos, confusion, fear were all of the weapons of the psychic typing. They weren't the strongest, not the quickest, but they could bond, they could become more by amassing strength from those beneath them. "It's not even me, really. It's Hypno.. He's just so strong." Leon speaks, practically breathless. Leon clenches his fist, feeling all of the meditative power coursing through the Hypno's mind. Geodude could do nothing to stop the build up, much to the disadvantage of Nosepass.

There's no need to put it to sleep. We don't need such a crutch.

Leon didn't think he'd be able to go toe to toe with Roxanne, someone he'd have such immense respect for. Though it was this deep admiration that would ultimately drive him. Leon really liked Roxanne, but didn't want to be a mere child to her. He wanted to show her that he had immense potential, that he would be her strongest challenger, like no other. Anything less than complete victory was unacceptable. "I can do this.. Wrong, no! That's wrong. WE can do this." Leon braces his feet, hunching forward as if he were about to tackle forward.

We've already used speed, she'll see it coming this time. Not speed. Intelligence, we must be smarter. Dodge the next move, you're stronger than it. Dodge it, then use disable. It'll be helpless. Then, put your all into the next attack.

Leon didn't know how fast the Hypno was, he couldn't tell how likely it'd be that the Hypno could dodge. His insecurity would be the doom of his new pokemon, he had to believe. "Hypno, prepare yourself to dodge the next attack! Then, you know what to do." Leon grins, the duo sharing a quick nod as Hypno prepares itself.

They studied each other warily for a long moment, Nosepass and Hypno, Roxanne and Leon. Only that wasn't quite right to the dynamic. Leon and Hypno moved as one, met their opponents in unison. It was Hypno and Leon meeting Nosepass and meeting Roxanne, teamwork on a whole other level, a one-in-a-million connection.

"Rock tomb!" But Hypno was already moving as the builders began to fall, littering half the battlefield and hampering mobility there. But Leon's pokemon was already away, sprinting around the periphery of the arena. Hypno's eyes remained closed, feeling for Nosepass' mind with its own while Leon directed his footsteps to keep him moving, acted as his eyes to keep him safe. "Disable!" Disable! The part of Nosepass' mind that understood the move it had just done was isolated, cut off, and deadened, a twist of mental energy silencing that weapon. Roxanne figured out what happened in seconds, switching to Rock Throw an instant later to continue pelting boulders at Hypno but with the supreme coordination of the two the worst they could do was clip him, and all the while he fired back.

Purple streamers filled the air, a mental barrage that warped the physical with it's raw intensity, hammering Nosepass' mind with confusion until it was dizzy and stumbling, nearly hitting itself with it's own attacks until finally, ponderously, it began to tilt. First to the left, then swaying upright only to overbalance to the right and fall, flat on it's side, knocked out.

Leon's win.

The pendant spun on it's string, flashing in the light, and Roxanne felt strangely tired...

Leon understood that something was happening, something Hypno wanted, no... Something he wanted? The pokemon was still using its powers, a handful of seconds past the end of the match it was still performing something, not quite an attack, but... Something else?

Roxanne felt like her head was filling with clouds.

She stood there, her expression going placidly slack, her eyes strangely empty and staring blankly into the middle distance, focused on everything and nothing.

A receptive trance state.

Leon was in two minds, on one end feeling the heat of battle, and on the other end feeling something strong for Roxanne. The power that surged through him craved more and more, after all, Leon had been feeding Hypno so many feelings. Feelings of loss, excitement, joy, but also feelings of need and desire. Leon was so confused, bonding with the Hypno had forced him to dissociate with himself, and now he was trying to separate the connection now that the battle was over. The battle high subsided as the Nosepass would fall, now all that was left was for Leon to take in the rest of the situation.

"Hypno!" Leon would cheer for his partner, "That was incredible. You did great.. You can rest now Hypno." Leon would speak, panting a little bit. Sweat had been pouring down along his body, almost as though a fever had overtaken him. His shirt had been completely wet, the thin material hardly able to conceal what was underneath. Leon looks closer at his partner, squinting, "Hypno, we're done now. You can rest. Hypno?" His eyes darted over to Roxanne, walking over closer to her. "That was a really good match, Roxa- Roxanne?" Leon snaps a few fingers in front of her eyes. He was so delirious after the battle that he'd hardly understood what was going on.

"Hypno! What's going on?! You don't need to use your abilities on Roxanne. We're finished. You can rest now." Leon grabs hold of Roxanne's shoulders and shakes her up a little bit, trying to wake her up from the trance, his voice had gone hoarse and thin, the psychic connection had taken a lot of out of him as well.

"Hypno?" The pokemon's look was startled, and even with the bond diminished Leon could feel its own confusion. "Is something wrong?" The shaking didn't seem to have brought Roxanne out of it either, though her blank eyes now had a little spark of life in them as they focused upon him. "Hypno," The Pokemon was confused, puzzled even, this was what Leon wanted, he'd drunk deep of the boys' dreams and grown strong on his waking subconscious, only to Hypno the concept of 'subconscious' was simply something that did not translate. A layer of thought below awareness? One that the thinker could not perceive? Psychic pokemon in particular had no such portion of their minds.

"Hypno. Hyp-Hyp-no." His expression firmed, he did not understand why Leon acted unaware of his own desires, but there was no reason for him to do so. Roxanne was attracted to him, it did not take a psychic type to see that there was a spark between them, even if it hadn't yet blossomed into something more. That something more was expected by human standards, but to pokemon, the spark was all it took, as well as perhaps a little discernment, but Leon was strong, Leon had just proved his strength, what more should be needed than that for Roxanne to take him as a worthy mate?

"What's the matter Leon?" Roxanne repeated as Hypno took up the strings Leon had chosen to leave slack. Specific actions and words were hard to convey into a human's mind, but impressions were simple enough. The want deep down, combined with a dash of possessiveness and a touch of protective instinct, he amplified them into the Gym Leader's thoughts. She stepped into Leon's grasp, eyes still blank, her arms coming up to undo the buttons of her blouse, one by one. "Isn't this what you want?" Looking up at him with a coy playful smile, before she pulled him into a kiss with one hand, her other hand still slowly working her shirt open. "Don't you like my body?"

Leon couldn't quite tell what had been going on, completely exhausted after severing his bond. But it was more a matter of degrees, he could still get a faint sense of what Hypno had been communicating to him. During battle Leon had to sync completely with his partner, almost feeling like the same being or entity, but now Hypno had acted more like an additional limb for Leon. Hypno had never distinguished between Leon's desires and social appropriateness. There was no super ego to control manners and impulses. Leon was young, he couldn't really understand that. He worried that Hypno might be forcing Roxanne. Though he disagreed on the surface, inwardly, Leon was desperate to feel Roxanne. To run his fingers all over her skin, to wrap his arms around her and take her to be his. He should've known Hypno would pick up on this.

It was perfect that Roxanne was the first person he'd battle with, as there was something already there that existed between her and Leon. Leon would look at Hypno for a brief few moments, almost like checking to make sure this was okay. Hypno had become a teacher, one who would show Leon to take what he needed from the woman that he loved. Leon saw Roxanne as a teacher, mentor, but a giving figure who would provide him with the love he'd always craved. Leon felt hypersensitive, every touch would feel fever warm as the distance between them had begun to close.

"I'm just.. I don't know if this is right." His body would betray his words, his hands running up along Roxanne's leggings, tracing the shape of her legs against the skin tight leggings she'd worn. Drool falls from the sides of his lips, his hearts beats at the rhythm of each button on Roxanne's blouse coming loose, giving him a look at what she'd had on underneath her. Leon was desperate to look at Roxanne in her underwear, the way she'd look when she was at home relaxed, a sight he'd though he'd never get to enjoy due to that thin veil of professionalism. Leon placed both of his hands on each cheek of her ass, lightly squeezing.

He showed his inexperience through his kiss, it was sloppy, he barely knew what to do with his lips. He just basked, just passively enjoyed the way she tasted. "This is what I want Roxanne." Leon spoke out in a dazed fashion. "Your body is amazing Roxanne. I want to feel every inch. I want you for hours on end." Leon had to do everything he could to tear his eyes away from her chest, to look into her eyes, "I can't stand not being able to feel your incredible body." Leon's breathing picked up, his member becoming stiff and visible through his small beige trainer shorts. "But.. I don't want to ruin your career. I care about you so much."

Hypno nodded to him, of course it was right to a Pokemon's mind, why would it not be? It was somewhat a formality in any case, Leon was already accepting it, this just affirmed that to him. "Hypno." One last, soft, remark, and then the pokemon faded back, content to watch his trainer take his first mate. And there was little doubt that Roxanne would not be the last. His trainer was strong, their bond was strong, he would be worthy of many females.

Meanwhile, Roxanne's motions were growing smoother, the blank look in her eyes fading some, though it was still lurking if one cared to look. The instructions gave her purpose, cut through the clouds in her head and let her think, even if that thinking was limited in ways she simply couldn't be aware of in her tranced state. She cared for Leon, she wanted Leon, those were things dredged up from within herself, amplified, but as Leon spoke, others became clear as well, like a mist parting, making her see things she simply hadn't realized before. Carnal wants, to touch, to feel, to taste, she wanted them because he wanted them, it made perfect sense.

His fingers against her rear, cupping the curve of her ass and crumpling the bottom of her dress as he pressed his hands against her tights. She helped him along, squirming her arms up, pulling the dress entirely upwards and over her head before her fingers went back to the buttons of her shirt. It didn't go low enough to cover her bottom half without the dress, and her tights were sheer enough to see the panties through them, thin enough to feel the lines of her underwear, delicate enough that Leon would know if he wanted he could simply tear the skintight fabric to get at what he wanted. The thought of it sent a thrill through her, even if she wasn't sure if Leon would go through with that. "It's sweet that you care." She murmured, "but you don't need to worry. Whatever you decide is fine with me." She was on the pill, so pregnancy wasn't much of a risk, and it wasn't like Leon would go blabbing about this to people.

A darker knowledge knew that in this state, she wouldn't care even if he did tell everyone, some part of her aware that she would be okay with anything he asked, anything he did. She wasn't afraid of that, in fact she was perfectly okay with it, yet for the moment that degree to which her submission in this state was utter and total remained hidden, at least for now...

Unaware of her own internal byplay, Roxanne pressed closer to Leon again. "I want you to undo my bra~" she whispered, before pressing her lips to his again, slower, tender, trying to teach him how to kiss through demonstration as she felt his hands fumble between her shoulderblades.

Leon could only feel all of the different facets of his personality in the moment. Everything besides the shy boy that he'd inhabited had come to the foreground. Leon had become a mess of feelings, needs, and inhibitions at the hands of his new friend. Humans were so different from Pokemon, in the sense that they had a more pure sense of taking what they needed. To eat without concern for politeness, stemming from hunger alone. Hypno was teaching Leon a lesson in being true to his hunger. Leon was better with Hypno, he had the potential to not only become one of the strongest trainers, but also one of the most influential people in the whole region. All the while, Leon would consider how he could repay Hypno for giving him this blessing. It was exhausting for Leon to have a complete bonding with Hypno, but he would surely change this in the future, wanting complete connection all the time.

He did his best to avoid being lost in thought, Roxanne's beautiful body grounding him back into the world to focus on his own satisfaction. I want to forget about everything right now. The words would sink into his mind while he dips his fingers through Roxanne's tights, he'd move his fingers around until feeling the thin straps of her panties, pushing his fingers up underneath them, pulling them up and letting them go, letting them snap up against her bare skin. He would become sensitive to Roxanne's breathing, each hitch, every time it would accelerate, as if become familiar with her aura. The space between them had been virtually non-existent, her scent leaked into his mind, a fulfilling sensation all on its own. With each minor satisfaction came more need, it was only enough for so long.

His hands were small, but still carried strength. With so much anxious energy and need driving him, he'd gained a sort of supernatural strength. Roxanne's tights would develop small tears from Leon's need to explore her body, making some light bruises along the way. A battle had begun in the midst of their kiss, his movements wild and unhinged. He slowed down his vigor and the messy lack of control, following Roxanne's movements, he wanted to prove to her that her own pleasure was important to him. Bits of his caring, compassionate side still alive and well in the interaction.

Leon would pull his lips away reluctantly, longing still plastered all over his face, though now a little red with embarrassment."Roxanne.." He utters a little nervously, letting his fingers come up from her ass and around her shoulders, where he'd touch her bra straps. He navigated like an amateur, feeling all around her back for the clip. "I.. I've never taken a bra off, before.. I don't know how." His breathing became heavy, the hot air blowing up against Roxanne's bare skin. He'd trace his hand around to the front of her breasts, touching each of the cups, grazing her nipples as he'd look for a clip in the front, "Or, uh, is it from the front?"

Little hitches as his grip tightened on her small gasps, threaded with faint vocalizations. It was obvious that he was just exploring, finding his way around her body, but she didn't mind the slightly fumbling motions, the occasionally too-tight or too-loose grip. Roxanne gave an uncharacteristic giggle, her breathing coming heavier as Leon's fingers teased the edges of her breasts, palmed the cups, glided against the skin. It felt like lightning, like all her hairs standing on end, and she knew instinctively that it was Leon doing this to her, not the time since she'd last been with a man, not the dry spell that had preceded this evening.

It was him, it was because he wanted to touch her, and it felt good to give him what he wanted. To give him anything he wanted.

"At the back, very center, a hook." She took his wrists and guided him around her body to try again, then reached up, unhooking the straps that kept the underwear at shoulder-height, slipping them down her forerams and then peeling the cups down before pressing close again. The Bra was still somewhat in the way, but to the eye her breasts were bare, and to the touch she could press forward, the hard points of her nipples accompanying the soft pressure of her chest against Leon's torso.

A brief reach back showed off a little flexibility as Roxanne's fingers found his, guiding him somewhat clumsily to where the bra hooked into itself. "There..." She whispered, before giving him another kiss, slowly trading little presses of lips back and forth with him as he clumsily worked the deceptively complicated hooks. Encouraging him with little whispers as he worked.

Leon couldn't help but froth at the mouth as her bra came undone slowly, bit by bit, whetting his appetite with each moment. The agony of not being able to press his face against her bare skin had caused his whole body to throb, along with his relative boyish inexperience, it had been a combination for sexual frustration. His hands would become deadened as she guided him up to the clip, picking up the strength once more once he'd feel the lace. At this point, his body would pick up feverish heat, gazing at her bare breasts, hardly able to remember his objective. His face would press down into Roxanne's cleavage, inhaling the scent of her womanly body. He'd grab hold the clip of her bra, undoing it with clumsy desire and letting it all fall into his hands, he'd toss it off to the side.

Next was a kind of ecstasy he'd never thought to feel. Being smothered in the midst of his idol's breasts, so many dreams of the way she tasted, yet none of them had come close to the real thing. His face submerged into her deep, voluptuous cleavage, his tongue rolling out from his mouth as he'd lick up and down. Slow for the first taste, wanting to treasure the moment, then hungrily lapping her up. He'd roll his smooth, young face to her right breast, littering her nipples with long wet kisses while his left hand would massage her free breasts, dipping his fingers around the nipple, rubbing smooth circles along the edge. With his one free hand, he'd grab her ass, keeping her in a tight clutch as she'd push both of them up against one of the rocky formations of Roxanne's gym, pressing her back up against the smooth sandy texture.

He bites down on the nipple he's been greedily sucking on, nibbling it softly in between both of his lips, bits of drool falling from her breast, rolling along her skin. He could no longer handle not having every inch of his body enjoying Roxanne, he'd grab a hold of Roxanne's tights and tear off some of the fabric near her ass, letting each cheek spill free for him to squeeze. This was everything he'd ever wanted, he'd forgotten all about being a trainer, all about exploring the world, none of it meant anything if he couldn't feel Roxanne. His member throbbed underneath his shorts, a full bulge pressed up inside, his hips grinding back and forth, brushing up against Roxanne's torn up leggings.

Last edited:
The lack of dignity would have been offputting in other situations but the raw want in Leon's actions, the frenzied desire for her, it was frightening and arousing all at once, the latter in particular helped along by the sloppy-yet-enthusiastic work of his tongue against her breasts and in the valley of her cleavage. He was rough, almost animalistic, kissing, nipping, groping, and even if she wasn't sure she'd have bruises, Roxanne knew she was going to be sore when this was done.

Her breath came in short pants now and as her back hit the stone she gasped harshly, the next breath coming in shuddering double-time until she felt his teeth against her nipple. That brought a sharp cry to her lips, pleasured, shocked, gasping. Even with the fog slightly parted, Roxanne felt as though her thoughts were drowning in Leon's desire as well as her own, his lust for her a nearly-tangible thing. She heard her tights tearing, felt cool air against her ass and thighs, then hot pressure, Leon pressing against her hips, between her legs, an unmistakeable hardness grinding through layered fabric, pressing right agaisnt her core and startling and hungry groan from her.

Her underwear, his underwear, two layers of clothes, two layers too many. Urgently she put a hand down, trying to push down his shorts, scrabbling for the pulsing hardness she could feel straining to get out.

Back
Top Bottom