Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stranded (Trapcest x DonVoltonus)

Trapcest

Super-Earth
((NSFW site linked))

Xander groaned slightly as he started to regain consciousness in the cockpit of his small 1 man ship. His vision was blurred, his mind clouded as he recalled what had happened. He was a test pilot, he had been testing out a new form of FTL engine for the Earth Space Force. Everything had been going smoothly, all the pre-flight checks were green, he'd brought the FTL drive online and plotted a course for Alpha Centauri, engaged it and then....then there had been alarms, shuddering, then he must have blacked out. Now that he was awake though Xander was quickly trying to bring the ships systems back online. His first instinct was to try signalling command, but all he got was static. Maybe the drive had worked and he was out of range? As Xander quickly started to check the navigation systems he got nothing but errors. At first he thought they were malfunctioning, or had been damaged, but as he investigated further he found the cause of the problem. The errors were because none of the star patterns could be recognised. His computer, despite the ship having been intended to go barely more than 4 light years, contained the entire history of star mapping the human race had carried out, and yet no patterns could be recognised, not even the most distant visible stars.

That could mean only one thing, somehow, Xander was no longer in the Milky Way galaxy. Even if he were on the other side of the galaxy the computer should've been able to get a fix on his position, though the drive he'd been testing would've taken thousands of years to get even that far. Somehow it seemed, through some accident, he'd been thrown millions of Light Years across the universe, with no way to determine where. Even worse, when he ran checks on the drive, seeing if maybe he could recreate the accident, he found it completely inoperable, several key components burned out and damaged beyond repair.
For a while, all Xander could do was panic. What was he meant to do? The ship was only equipped with emergency supplies, enough to last a month, maybe two if he rationed them, the trip was only supposed to have taken 2 days each way after all. But eventually he came to the realisation that panic would achieve nothing. He couldn't just sit here and wait to die...no...he had to do...something.
So, Xander activated the communication system again, beginning to broadcast a distress signal. Humans had never encountered alien life before, but it was generally believed that it was impossible for humans to be the only life in the Universe. And now, Xander was pinning all hopes of his survival on someone being out there, in this strange, far off galaxy, and even moreso, that they were friendly.

He would hear a rumbled, then a bright blue flash as a ship appeared in his view. It was build like a letter H, with a thick middle that seemed to be a bridge, and sides that appeared to be four engines, two facing forwards and the other two backwards.

The ship flow over his own, the bottom opening, blue metallic tentacles grabbing his ship and pulling it inside. His computer pinged that he had now been docked, and the atmosphere inside this larger ship was breatheable.

He would hear knocking on the exit hatch of the ship, his computer displaying an image of the one knocking, a very odd, very naked alien.

(NSFW LINK)
https://static1.e621.net/data/7a/51/7a5179952574a58dc0f26e022de27532.gif

"Hm?" Xander looked to his controls as various displays started to go wild with unusual readings, then looked up and gasped as his ship was bathed in a flash of blue light, and suddenly a huge ship was infront of him. "Wh-whoa...." He stared, dumbfounded for a moment. He attempted to try opening communications, but it seemed the ship was already moving to grab him, bringing his own little ship inside.

"Breathable...? Finally my luck is starting to go good again" He unhooked himself from his harness and turned to head for the hatch, raising an eyebrow as he heard knocking, turning on the external display and seeing the alien stood outside. "Uhhh....guess...clothes aren't something this species wears..." He blushed slightly, though a glance down showed Xander's own spacesuit wasn't exactly particularly covering. The exposed torso was needed for some of the ship interfaces, it had never been made with the idea he'd be boarding an alien spacecraft.

"Ok, time to be the first human to ever talk to an alien...or try anyway" He tapped a button, the hatch hissing before slowly opening up, Xander stepping out, his hands raised and slightly outwards, trying to show he wasn't armed or threatening. "Hello. I'm not sure if you can understand me, but thank you for rescuing me"

The blue...male?...handed him a small necklace. The moment he touched it, he would be able to understand the alien.

"OMIGOSH YOU"RE A HUMAN!" He squealed, running around Xander and looking him up and down. "That's sooo cool! I can't believe I get to be the one to first meet one of you!" *or at least the first to meet one on a consensual basis* he muttered. "You're like waaaay outside human space! Does that mean you guys finally got functioning warp drives? This is so awesome!"

Xander felt a slight tingle as he took the necklace, though suddenly he could understand what the creature was saying, though he probably didn't need it to hear just how excited this being was.

"Ah, you...know what a human is?" Well, it wasn't all that surprising, humans had been sending signals into space broadcasting their presence pretty much since they had invented radio. "Oh, well yes...we have invented a drive but something went very wrong with it. I was only supposed to go 4 light years, but as far as I can tell it's thrown me out of my galaxy entirely...and it's completely burned out. I uh, I don't suppose you could help me at all could you?" Though with just how far away they were it was entirely possible even these aliens technology couldn't reach Earth anytime soon. Maybe they only knew about humans from human transmissions going through something like a wormhole, or some kind of interference like had happened with his ship, sending transmissions much further than they should've gone.

"Well I don't know if our systems will even work with yours at all, but I can try to fix the thing. He smiled, giving a little bow. "Captain Mackenzie, by the way. I don't have any spare rooms but the bed in the captain's quarters is pretty big."

"Well it's nice to meet you Captain Mackenzie" Xander smiled, returning the bow. "Ah, the Captain's quarters?" He laughed nervously "Oh I couldn't impose or anything, really" Though Xander's own ship had no kind of living accommodation. "But thank you very much for helping me. I certainly hope with your help I can start trying to fix my ship"

"Oh it's fine, my bed was rather lonely anyways." He smirked. "You humans re so interesting you know, balancing yourselves with no tails, heating your own blood, it' ll so fascinating!" He walked into Xander's ship, looking over the warp drive. "Ahh vex this is gonna be expensive..."

"Well we seem to do pretty well without tails" Xander smiled, stepping aside as Mackenzie entered the ship, though he would find that the warp drive was indeed absolutely fried. Even if it could be repaired there was no guarantee that it would ever even work again. "Expensive? Ah...that, could be a problem. Even if I had brought any of our money with us, I doubt it'd be any use out here. Not to mention this drive cost tens of billions...."

"Well I dunno what that is in human money, there won't be any exchange rate. Were I doing legal things with this ship I'd just take you to the galactic council, but uh, they're not my biggest fans."

"That sounds....complicated" Xander folded his arms "So...just how can I afford the things I'll need to try and get home? Not to mention actually just living...food, water....I'm a pretty good pilot and navigator, but then I don't know these stars at all so that's probably out..."

"Well I have star maps and such, if you help me out with my smuggling I'll be happy to give you some pay for it."

"Smuggling? Well it's not like I have much choice really. Plus I have no idea where to go for parts...and I'm no engineer so I'll need help fixing it. Yeah I'm gonna need an absolute fortune, and there's no guarantee of getting home. This drive wouldn't even get me out of this galaxy in my lifetime working as it's supposed to. I might be here a very long time..."

He smiled. "Well, at least you won't be lonely, come on." He smiled, leading him up to the bridge, which provided a stunning view of the stars. "Won't take much work to finish this job right now. We're outside fed space."

Xander followed him up, looking around curiously at everything, the technology here was all so much more advanced than anything humans had. "Whoa...This ship is amazing. So....just where are we going anyway? And do I even want to know what you're smuggling?"

"Well, I think the earth equivalent would be sneaking cheeseburgers into a vegan convention." He chuckled, running his fingers along a starmap to plot a course. "Just taking some supplies to an underground club on a planet that outlaws them."

"Well, that doesn't sound too bad I guess" Xander wasn't exactly thrilled that making first contact with aliens had resulted in criminal activity, but if he wanted to survive, let alone have any chance of getting home, he didn't have much choice.
"So what can I do?"

He showed Xander to a chair. "Just keep and eye on this." He pointed to a holographic sphere with a little copy of the ship in the middle. "Tell me if anything pops up on this, it shows other ships in the area."

"So a scanner, got it" Xander nodded as he sat down. It seemed relatively similar to scanner displays back on Earth, though rather more advanced, and longer range it seemed. Almost certainly this scanner would pick up things no human scanners ever good. "I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if anything else comes up"

"So, what kind of job has you out in the middle of nowhere? I guess you're testing the cutting edge stuff right?" He smiled, looking over a large display screen.

"I'm a test pilot. This was supposed to be a test of our first ever FTL drive, a 2 day trip to the nearest star, a day taking readings, 2 days back. Got the job because I was the best pilot on the planet.....guess the tech still needed a bit more work though huh?" He sighed softly "I get a feeling I'll never even see my galaxy again, let alone Earth. Oh, Earth is my homeworld, where humans come from"

(Missed this, sorry)

He nodded. "Oh we have lots of info on earth. Humans are like such a middle of the road species, that's why a lot of criminals abduct them for illegal testing. They're a very good baseline test for other species."

(No problem)

"Ah, you do? Wait...you...abduct us?" Xander blinked ".....What...kind of illegal testing exactly? Or do I even want to know?" Xander had to wonder which species were going to Earth and abducting humans, maybe they could help him get back home?

"Well it won't be happening for much longer. If you've got some FTL tech you'll be able to join the.....well, you can join up with the galactic resistance. You don't want to be a part of the federation jerkasses." He growled. "B-but uhh, after that it will actually be illegal to abduct humans since they'll oficially be an advanced race.

"I find it rather offensive that it's not already illegal to abduct humans...I would've thought less advanced races were the ones that would need protecting from abductions" Xander folded his arms and looked at Mackenzie. "Well, I'm sure once we do start exploring more we'll make our own decisions on who to join or not..." He looked back to the scanner. "Still looks clear for the moment. Is it much further to this....club you're delivering supplies to?"

Back
Top Bottom