Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why do Walk-In Roleplays Have a Bad Rep?

Do you like Walk-In roleplays?

• Yes

• No

• No Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's no big secret these types of roleplays aren't as popular as the more intimate One-on-One setting. If you're looking for evidence, just take a look at the post count in the 'Open Roleplay' section versus any of the other roleplay sections here on BMR. This is no different from other thread sites I've seen either, though. It seems like literate writers are just less inclined to join a walk-in roleplay and I have a theory as to why:
  • The Roleplay doesn't start with a good infrastructure.
    • Hear me out on this, I know Walk-in or Open roleplays are for those commonly looking for a loose template, however a lot of people either don't take the time or don't have the energy to set the stage appropriately.
Thoughts? I love Walk-In roleplays when I'm too burnt out to plan out an individual story with someone, and it gives me the chance to interact with more than one other person.

I personally love Open Roleplay for the fact you don't exactly know what you are necessarily going to get, and I hate it just as much for that reason. I wish there was an Open Roleplay section for one on ones, but there doesn't appear to be here. But oh well.

Back
Top Bottom