Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Where to post my Request Thread?

FumeiYuusha

Planetoid
Hello. I read a lot of things, like site rules, how to start, FAQ, pretty much every pinned thread that I could see in announcements and introductions. While I know that most places say I should PM a mod, I feel that creating a thread for this question is far more informal, and anyone can potentially answer my question, without me explicitly bothering a mod(I often feel like I'm bothering people with my possibly stupid questions).

Where should I put my request thread? I plan to play male and female characters alike, multiple ones, everything inbetween also. I want to request people who are willing to suffer through be entertained by me taking them into a world where they can explore and discover the story as it unfolds for them. So, I feel like Request by Females/Males/non-binaries are all but excluded from my choice. So what remains is System, Group, and Open Roleplaying. Since I do have rules and 'gamey' stuff in my RP worlds, I felt like maybe the System Roleplay Request would have been the best choice for me, but it says it needs at least 3 players.

I am not confident enough to tackle on that...and I'm a bit shy too, I also prefer 1 on 1 RP, and I'm...well...you see the problem? I can't really choose where to put my RP request, without me not completely holding up the rules of the site, and I want to respect every rule here, but also be able to do 'my thing' here. What should I do? Is there place I can put my request, or should I change my RP style and maybe try playing / requesting different kinds of RPs?

Many users in your situation have threads in all three sections. I've also seen people offer to "GM" for partners in the solo sections. You can have upto two (2) threads in each section.

Hey there again, Fumei!

You would be right that generally if this was going to be done in a group setting it would be best to post it in the open, group or system style roleplay, but if you're looking to do something just 1x1 with a single partner you'll find your best luck in the male, female and nonbinary section!

Do not worry about having to change your style at all, your style of roleplay is perfectly and happily accepted here and I myself have participated in it multiple times. If you're looking for partners of any gender and you intend to play as a whole slew of characters then the secret here is you can have it posted in all three of the request sections. You can tailor it for each of them specifically but you don't necessarily need to, you can just copy and paste the thread into the three different sections and see what bites you get from who.

Best of luck!

I can just copy and paste it into the 3 solo request threads? I assume since you said it's okay it is indeed okay. So I will do so. Thank you. Since I'm looking for 1on1, I will post my request under the Male/Female/non-binary request threads.

On a side note, I can have multiple worlds in one request thread, right? So basically make my 1 request thread into a 'megathread' of all the worlds and stories I would love to do? There's no rule against that as far as I saw, but I'm asking just to make sure. I'm a bit paranoid with rules, and I always want to be a law-abiding citizen. Especially in places that I like(Such as this forum~)

There is no rule against what or how much you can have in any given request thread (outside of the rules for what is allowed on the site) most people tend to have only one but you can have a second if you want to bump specific stories or styles without it being tied to your other ones (a long term and a short term thread, for example).

But yes you can have the same thread spread across it so long as you indicate your intent within the request thread, given that you intend to play multiple characters I'm sure you can tailor it to your partners desires and that fits perfectly within the framework!

So yes go nuts, thrust as much of that creative juice as you can into one really big thread, the only disadvantage to a large thread is that sometimes people will pass it over or not read it thoroughly due to it's size; that said that's not an issue or rules, just something you should know!

As a personal rule of thumb, someone who passes over because of the size of my request thread would most likely not enjoy the way I RP either, so I think I don't mind. I roleplayed a lot in the past few years, and I learned the valuable lesson of "no partner is better than a bad partner". As for the size, I will
Using Spoilers as a means of compartmentalize my request thread section by section. I find that using this trick helps with people not to feel overwhelmed upon entry to my request thread.

Thank you so so much for answering my questions. I appreciate it a lot~

Yes spoilers definitely help and links, links galore! Definitely you're right about needing to vet your partners correctly, so as long as you don't mind then we're all good!

Happy to help, I'm sure you're gonna fit in just swell around here, good hunting out there!

Back
Top Bottom