Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Question About Ignore Lists

The Quill

Insert Witty Custom Title Here
Is ignoring someone the same as blocking them? Will someone who is on your ignore list still be able to see and respond to your posts?

If not, then I think a block list would be a good feature to have.

Yes it is. if you ignore some one then go back to their page, you can't see their content.
I don't know if they can see your content though.

I think everyone can see content, but when it comes to messaging or interacting you cannot in regards to the person you're ignoring, but if you ignore them you cannot see their activity.
That's how it was too on the block list on the old site.

Yes it is. if you ignore some one then go back to their page, you can't see their content.

I'm assuming that they won't be able to see your content? I don't like one way mirrors.

I updated my post, sorry!
Try doing it with a friend for a minute.

I'd offer but since I am a Mod I can still see your stuff and PM you, etc. So I won't work out. :p

Or if you have another connected account do it with that one. Won't hurt to test it out.
I am curious for the result.

I don't have any other accounts to test this on, but I feel that if you ignore someone, then they shouldn't be able to see your content either. That leaves the door open for drama and trolling which should be avoided here.

I'll have to talk to my Admin about that. I'll get back to you when I get a reply.

He said what I said was right and that he doesn’t think any forum even does that.

There's also the issue that all they need to do to get around it is make another account and meet the criteria.

It would add a great deal of overhead to thread views for relatively little gain.

I don't feel the "one-way mirror" thing as you say, is really leaving the doorway open to drama/trolling. If you hit ignore on them you can't see any of their stuff and they can't contact you through messages so if they DID want to try and start drama or troll you, it would have to be done publicly either somewhere onsite or in one of the two chats we have in which case one of two things will happen :

1 : Staff comes on the attempted troll/drama starting and deals with it.

2 : Another member comes across the attempted drama starting/trolling and reports it in which case staff steps in and deals with it. Could they say things behind your back in the conversations area to other people or in a private DM on discord? Yes, but that would still be a thing even if they couldn't see your content.

I feel the saying "It takes two, to tango" fits well with your worries about it leaving that door open; its really difficult to "stir the drama pot" with someone or troll them if they have you on ignore and can't even see it let alone respond.

Thats just my opinion on it based on everything I've kind of seen or dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom