Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do people judge you based on your post count or your avatar?

Revolution Galaxy

Banned
Banished
40ebecb0fc676ea716ae495dc7b535f5.gif

I know this is probably an odd question but do you judge someone based on how many times they've posted in the forums, the way there post sounds to you or for example you find out someone is actually female behind a male avatar. To follow up to the avatar question, does it bother you?

A long time ago when we used to have the old BMR site it would show the time they would spend on the site, and if it was low I felt iffy on their activity or if they drop a lot of plays.

If someone barley has a post count and they don’t RP in threads I get iffy too, but then I ask for a writing sample if their introduction is good and shows potential.

I like role playing with males so if I see a female avatar I get skeptical too until I look on their page and see if they’re male or female. I also don’t teally care much for face claims that are irl, I’d rather choose anime.

Through the years I’ve grown to be more tolerable on who I role play with and etc. I sound stingy lol.

I care more about activity and likelihood to drop RP's than anything else, personally. As far as avatars go, I like using cute girls or sexy anime images to be blunt. Why? I dunno, I just like them. I'm sure they've put people off however, but I don't mind. Chances are if they do/did, we wouldn't have been that compatible anyway. Gender, sexuality, etc, are not important to me as long as someone is interested in writing with me. Some of my best writing partners have been dudes, others have been gals.

I am new here but when I go to chat to someone I like to get to know the character of that person before deciding. Not like their role play character like their real life character, their traits and such.

Only problem with that Mr. Murky, is that not all potential players want to divulge personal things.....many are only here for entertaining themselves. Speaking only for myself, I'm an open book---something you want to know about me?, just ask---
I do confess to reading someone's post or two before committing to a RP. As for sexuality, I'm a lesbian and prefer to play with women. Sorry but that's just my own personal preference

I personally think it's silly to judge someone based off their post count or avatar as there are many people, myself included, who don't do their one x ones on threads.

Rejecting potential writing partners for purely superficial reasons like post count or avatars only makes it harder for you in the long run.

I really love the new conversation system for RPs, so my only post count from now on comes from bumping my threads, as I don't have much of an interest in the games threads etc.

Would I reject someone purely based on post count? No. I don't ever check (I only check to find their request threads to see what they like)
Would I reject someone based on avatar? No.

I will admit a creepy avatar, or worse, an animated one (distracts me as I write :p) Might contribute to me dropping a bad RP, but wouldn't hold me back from a great one.

Only problem I have with avatars is one's that could pose a problem for my device/computer due to load time or if it is a GIF like image. A zero post count makes it hard to find out what a person likes/dislikes and how they write, if you like to do research or know little about them before you contact them.

I agree, but usually someone with a zero post count is a newbie, in which case the only way you'll find out what you want to know is to PM and ask direct....although there are some players I've noticed that have been with BM for years and never participated in an RP

I really love the new conversation system for RPs, so my only post count from now on comes from bumping my threads, as I don't have much of an interest in the games threads etc.

Would I reject someone purely based on post count? No. I don't ever check (I only check to find their request threads to see what they like)
Would I reject someone based on avatar? No.

I will admit a creepy avatar, or worse, an animated one (distracts me as I write :p) Might contribute to me dropping a bad RP, but wouldn't hold me back from a great one.
alllll thissss

I think it depends entirely on the person. Speaking of myself I am relatively new and have a low post count as you can see. However I must rely on the quality of my communication and my sweet sweet avatar to catch those fish.

But if the person's post count is low, the message quality isn't stimulating and the avatar is especially weird or creepy ( bad creepy not the fun kind)
I admit I'm probably shallow enough to divert my limited time and energy elsewhere. Oh I feel like a bad person now. Feels like a confessional.

I for one judge the hell out of people by their avatar. That said, it's not looking good for me in that area.

For the moment, I'm not judging anyone for their post count. But once I've been around a while I might. Heh. Regardless, on a site like this, I'm thinking the majority do their posting via pm, so ultimately the post count means jack shit.

Well I certainly hope not. I just started on the site so I suspect I'll have a low post count for a while.

I'm sure that my avatar and post count will be influences in whether or not someone decides to engage in a roleplay with me--that's just how people are. My mannerisms will also contribute, along with my general command over vocabulary.

Regardless, I'm certain if I try hard enough to be appealing, and work hard enough with my partners to satisfy their needs, that I will achieve the end goal of getting attention. ^^;

I dont even check peoples thread counts. Sometimes I have been drawn to people or repulsed based on their avatars. Not that I want to start a political thing, but a picture of a certain politician I wont name turned me off on what might have been an otherwise good roleplayer. I never found out.

Meh I just like to be complimented on things I find like cool weapons and armor

ABSOLUTELY I judge people by these things. Fuck, yes. Why? Because people put these things out there to be judged (well avatars anyways). Now I will clarify that I DO NOT judge people as a person by these things. In fact I have little to no interest in that. I judge people as potential writing partners only.

For instance, I'm not big on superheroes. Comic books and super powers don't do anything for me. So if I see your avatar with Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn on it, I'm a lot LOT less likely to read your request, especially if the title is 'Looking for superhero rp'. Another thing that hasn't been mentioned here is screen names. All that master/slave/petplay stuff just bores me. So if your screen name is 'slavegirl69' It's just highly unlikely that I'm going to call you, and you don't want me to call you because then we'd BOTH be bored. I'll save you the trouble.

So yes, I'm judging you by the things that you put forth to be judged by.

As for post counts, absolutely I will judge this. I do it all the time. It's one of the first things I check on someone. Now it doesn't always tell much, but sometimes your post count can raise some real red flags about you and save a whole lot of hassle. For instance, I hate writing PMs. If you've been here for 5 years and only have 17 posts, that means that you just don't write on the forums. Already, we're not the best match. Then there's the opposite - you've been here for three months and already have 5000 posts. You're a spammer. You don't have the attention span to sit still for 30 minutes and write me a thoughtful reply (unless your count is inflated by the fact that you're a mod or greeter, THAT I understand).

So again, ABSOLUTELY I judge by these things. I'd be a fool not to. That's why they are there, to put forth something for people to gauge and measure you by, but do understand that I am ONLY judging you as a potential writing partner, NEVER as a real person. I'm not here to meet you in real life and I'm certainly not trying to imagine your real self shoving your hands down my panties as you read me. I could care less about any of that. My ego isn't THAT big.

Back
Top Bottom