Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Some R&R in HR (Arjayoh x Sketchyequine)

Arjayoh

Super-Earth
"Yes, yes of course, thank you - yes I'll see you on Monday," Scott said excitedly as he pressed the end call button on his phone outside the Starbucks on Fifth Street. He was beaming. A wide smile erupted on his face as he turned to enter the coffee shop for his usual morning drink. It didn't matter whether he was working or not, or whether it was a weekend or a weekday, he always found himself at the Starbucks or the locally owned store on Eighth Street around 9 a.m. Of course, he'd say he wasn't addicted to the caffeine, he just 'liked the taste' but that was more than a white lie.

His excellent mood was caused by a phone call from the local hospital offering him the job as Head of Human Resources after he applied some time ago. Numerous rounds of interviewing made his aware that this job was much bigger than he had initially anticipated. He was ready for a promotion or a new challenge, and he'd reached the top of the totem pole at his current company, so had been looking and applying for new jobs for the past few months. It was a total of 43 days from sending his application in to him receiving the phone call that he was successful in his application, and that he'd start in two days.

He wore a casual look, unlike his usual weekday attire of a suit and tie, but that day he was dressed in a slim fitting pair of jeans and a light red t-shirt that showed his chest and shoulder muscles. He liked wearing form fitting clothing more, especially as he'd worked hard at the gym to get in to shape, always being the chubby kid in high school and college.

A breeze hit him as he walked in to the air conditioned room, not as loud and busy as it would have been on a weekday, but relatively well occupied nonetheless. His favorite cashier was working, and he greeted her as he made his way to the till.

"Morning, Susan," he smiled softly. "The usual please, but with an extra shot of espresso this time please, late night last night," he laughed softly. It was true enough, he'd let loose a little for the first time in months after being invited out by an old friend he hadn't seen since his college days. His body clock was the only thing that prevented him from sleeping in all day, but he knew he'd need a pick-me-up in the form of extra caffeine.

The coffee was quickly made and handed to him once he'd paid, and he turned to see the regular attendee that he'd seemed to grow some kind of crush on over the past few weeks. The woman was a true beauty, and Scott ran in to her seemingly wherever he went. Both coffee shops, the library, on the subway. He even thought he'd seen her at the bar the previous night, but that could have been wishful thinking.

Sipping his coffee through the to-go cup, he strolled over to the table where the woman stood, feeling on top of the world, it probably wouldn't hurt to say hello, right?

"It really must be my lucky day today, good to see you again," he smiled, flashing his pearly white teeth as he set his coffee down on her table, his hand still around it, however.

Samantha had been up since three thirty, at work since four o'clock this morning, and she was always allowed a break every morning between nine and ten in the morning. It was a lunch break of sorts. In a desperate attempt to get out of that damned hospital she would always leave and get coffee a block down the road at the starbuck. A mocha latte and a scone were enough to keep her moving through the motions without yelling at people in the ER all day long. She was a trauma doctor. Sam saw a lot of ugly things during her shifts, and the least she could do to keep her sanity was to change out of her scrubs for an hour and go get a damned cup of coffee.

So she sat, legs crossed with her nose in a book and one hand wrapped around the paper cup and one foot bouncing in a fidgeting manner. Samantha wasn't good at staying still for very long. Perhaps that was she she had done so well in medical school. She had worked herself up to being a trauma surgeon much faster than anyone else in the program. To say the least, Sam was a workaholic and she never wandered far from the hospital. The bar, starbucks, and library she frequented were all within a mile radius of the hospital and her house. Their house.

Samantha was married. Her husband was a cardiothoracic surgeon in the same hospital she worked at. The pair worked and lived together, you'd think they were absolutely inseparable: a power couple. But they weren't. Sam and her husband, Jessi, were not what you would call happily married. They hadn't even touched each other in months let alone gone out anywhere together besides to and from work four days a week. Sam worked monday through thursday, four am to, suppossedly, four pm. However, she hardly ever got out of there in before six. Jessi and Sam didnt talk at work unless it was business related, and they sure as hell didnt talk at home. Happily ever after, right?

Her unhappy marriage was why Sam took note of any of the good looking guys she saw in her day to day routine. But there was one in particular she seemed to see nine times out of ten every time she went out anywhere. She didnt recall ever talking to him, but she sure as hell enjoyed raking her eyes over him from time to time. This morning was no exception. He walked in almost on cue and hopped in line. Sam quirked an eyebrow, but she didn't raise her eyes. She could see him well enough out of her peripheral, but it was certainly a distraction from the subject matter of her book. He ordered a coffee, cheery as ever, then headed directly towards her. Oh shit. She thought. He must have caught me looking. She thought, trying not to look as panicked as she felt when he tapped his coffee down on her table.

Sam slowly rose her green eyes up from the text on the page and made eye contact with the man. Her own attire waas simple: a pair of black leggings and a button up, oversized flannel over her torso. It swallowed her: hiding most of the evidence of her femininity save for the smallest bit of cleavage peeking out where she hadn't buttoned it up all the way. Her red hair was pulled back into a ponytail for work, but she hadn't bothered to redo it for the sake of getting a coffee.

"And what is it that makes you so lucky?" She asked, painting a soft smile across her plump lips. "The fact that I'm going to invite you to sit down or the fact you found me again?" She asked, mostly teasing, though she was curious. She saw this man everywhere, but she didn't even have the faintest idea what his name was. "Samantha. Samantha Evenson. But once you've talked to me at least three times I'll let you call me Sam." She gave him a wink.

"I think I saw you at Rudy's last night. Though, I dipped out around eleven. I cant stay out long past that if I still hope to get any work done the nest day." She laughed.

He laughed softly and smirked back to her, releasing his hand off of his coffee cup, showing his relaxation around her. Her subtle flirting let him know he was in the clear, but a quick glance down to her hand as she held her coffee showed a good sized wedding ring, something he was yet to see in any of their brief interactions. Despite this, he sat down across from her and moved his coffee across the table so it was sitting again in his dominant left hand. His right hand found his thigh, and he looked across, disregarding the wedding ring and returning to a smile.

"Well, I thought I was just lucky enough to see you again, but definitely didn't think I'd be invited to sit," he said before sipping his coffee. The waitress, Susan, dropped off a couple napkins and he thanked her quietly before looking at Samantha inquisitively. "They don't usually bring napkins over at Starbucks, do they?" He asked before looking back at Susan and catching her watching the two of them.

"Anyway, my name is Scott....Scott Mahler," he offered. "I don't really have a nickname, but if you want to come up with one, you can let me know after the third time we talk," he winked, hoping this would be the first of many conversations between the two of them. "But yes....Samantha until then," he obliged, laughing a little and leaning back in his chair to get more comfortable.

Nodding along with her, he knew he'd remembered correctly. "I thought so! I wasn't sure if it was just because we seem to see each other everywhere, or if it was truly you," he laughed a bit more and then leaned his elbows on the table, getting closer to her but not too close.

"We must run in pretty familiar circles if we always see each other," he said softly. "What do you do?" He asked, not exactly expecting an in depth answer, but he knew she was successful, there was an aura about her that just breathed success. She was confident, well dressed and groomed well, and if the wedding ring on her finger said anything, it was that her husband was too.

Sam chuckled, slipping a piece of clean gauze into her book where it served as ghetto ass bookmark. It was a romance novel though that wasn't obvious based on the cover. Sam got plenty of adventure, mystery, and even horror just doing her job. The only thing her day to day truly lacked was romance. So... she read about it to make enduring a life without it a little less painful. Her and Jessi didn't even sleep in the same bed anymore. Sam had so graciously been kicked to the spare bedroom while Jessi took over the master. Whatever. At least she didn't have to listen to his snoring anymore this way. The bastard never was willing to do anything about it.

"Maybe shes just bringing napkins because she thinks I'm going to start sweating just by talking to you." She gave him a wink before following his gaze down to her wedding ring. Usually she didn't even wear it outside of work, but she kept it on around the hospital in a futile attempt to keep patients from flirting with the cute little redheaded trauma surgeon. Pathetic? Maybe, but it worked. What was mpre upsetting to Sam was the fact this cute guy now knew she was married. "Or maybe she's just hoping we'll both reach for the napkins at the same time and brush fingertips like in the movies." She teased, but once glance over at the barista was enough to tell Sam she was young and a hopeless romantic.

Sam's leg continued to bounce nervously under the table as she socialized with the man. Why the hell was she so nervous? She wondered. She met new people all day every day for work. She had good people skills yet here she was terrified he would ditch hre the second she sounded boring or overbearing. What if he was one of those guys who didnt like a woman who were powerful in the work place? There was no doubt that Samantha herself was a powerhouse and she didnt let men walk all over her at work or anywhere. Except for Jessi, but that was aa different story.

"I live around here." She informed him, trailing her chewed short fingernails along the side of the cup while she made eye contact with the male sitting with perfect posture in her chair and leaned forward towards him just a tad. "This place, the library, the gym, Rudy's... they're all along my walk to and from work. I hardly ever drive anywhere these days unless its damn cold outside and I don't feel like freezing my ass off. After all, I worked hard on this ass." She smirked a bit. "If I remember right you're a member at my gym as well, correct? I think I've seen you there during some of my workouts. Drenched in sweat truly is me at my cutest. You're a lucky guy."

Sam glanced at the simple silver watch that was strapped around her wrist and pursed her plush lips. 9:35 AM. She would have to head back soon so that she could be changed and ready for pre-ops at 10. If she even got to do pre=ops. Half the time the ambulance brought in a trauma case that required her attention and they would reassign a different doctor to her more routine procedure patients. Sam was best utilized saving a trauma patient... not removing a lipoma or appendix.

"I work at the hospital. East bay? I don't know if you've heard of it or driven past, but it's the biggest hospital on this side of town. We take care of a lot of emergency patients as well as provide standard procedures from dermatologists to cancer treatment. It's a big place, but I hope you never find yourself needing to be one of my patients. I work primarily in the emergency room and if I'm not there I'm leaned over some poor sap on the operating table. Just hope you never have to see me at work and you'll just keep running into me on the streets."

She was a huge flirt and he loved the back and forth they shared as they slowly drank their coffees, the busy atmosphere that surrounded them definitely not influencing their mood or conversation. They were two relaxed people in a city that was nothing short of hectic, and it felt good to be able to be less tense than the average Joe or Josephine that was grabbing their coffee drink and then rushing back out of the door to make their meetings.

As she told him about her regular haunts, he checked each of them off in his head with a visible memory of seeing her at each ine. The coffee shop was easy, as it seemed like she had her own reserved table all the time - the one they currently occupied. The library was a little harder, because he didn't find himself there too much, but he vaguely remembered them brushing past each other at the entrance. The gym, they always seemed to be running next to each other or catching each other's eyes from across the weight room, and Rudy's - always seeing each other across a busy room crowded full of the city's finest.

It was like a romantic novel waiting to happen, especially now that he'd realized she was married. And what else was that? Oh, of course she worked at where he'd be starting on Monday. You could've written the script right there.

"East Bay? Uh...yeah I know it," he said softly, not wanting to give it away that they likely would be seeing each other at work, although considering he was head of HR, she probably would want to avoid him as much as possible.

"Yeah let's hope so, I'd much rather not be bleeding out in front of you, that'd be a terrible second meeting, and I wouldn't even be able to call you Sam yet," he winked, laughing a little and sipping at his coffee before noticing it was almost empty.

"I'm...ah...in between jobs right now, but it's looking promising, so hopefully I'm not selling my kidney anytime soon to speed up that second meeting of ours," he grinned, his blue eyes piercing hers.

"Well good luck with your new job, Scott." Sam smiled softly before taking the last swig of her own coffee before glancing at her watch yet again. She had to get going now of she would be late for her pre-ops. Samantha grabbed the last bit of her scone and scarfed it down before glancing back up at Scott's piercing blue eyes with her own soft green ones. Blue and green always seemed to go together quite well. Perhaps that was some kind of sign that she shouldn't ignore this connection they seemed to have to one another. So she smiled and rummaged through her pocket until she found a pen and old, crumpled gum wrapper.

"How about this, Scott. I'm going to give you my number and maybe we can actually meet up a Rudy's next time rather than just running into one another by chance. Or you can just send me pictures of the weird mole on your back that you think might be cancer. Whatever you want, really." She offered, smiling gently at the handsome young mae. Without hesitation she scribbled her name and number onto the wrapper and slid it across the table under fingertip towards Scott: the stranger made acquaintance. "But for now... I gotta go. Have a great day, Mr. Mahler." She cooed cheerily before she disappeared out the door of the coffeeshop, walking at a brisk pace.

Sam usually didn't give out her number to good looking guys at Starbucks. In fact, she didn't give out her number to guys at all. Afterall she was married. Sam was unhappy in her marriage but aside from a few drunken, raunchy dances at Rudy's she had never gone against her vows. She was a good girl and she tried to be a good wife, but she just wanted so much more out of her life. She was young and at least somewhat good looking. Samantha deserved a better life than this.

The rest of the day was a wash. There were no huge traumas on Sammy's shift, so she spent the day doing minor surgeries: mass removals, appendectomies, and minor internal bleeding repairs as a result of minor blunt force trauma. It was a relatively easy day for the young doctor, and she got to go home after a short 13 hour shift at the hospital. Tonight she didn't feel like going out. She felt like staying in bed in an oversized t-shirt and her thong, rolling around in bed and watching Netflix while her husband ignored her in the other room. It was thursday. She had the next three days 'off', so she was allowed to stay up past 8PM without any consequences. So she did... binging real crime documentaries until she fell asleep drooling on her pillow.

Sam spent the entire weekend just like that, forgetting she had even given out her number and keeping her phone off almost the entire time. If Scott had texted her she hadn't seen it thanks to her own bliss of being detached from the word for three days.

Monday morning came just as quickly as it always did. Samantha got up, got dressed, and drove to the hospital separately from Jessi even though they had to be there at the same time. True love. When she got there she picked up some case folders and ducked behind one of the nurses stations in the ER to read through her potential work for the day. She called it potential because there was a very real possibility that a car accident or gunshot wound would roll into her ER and require her full attention. However, there was something new on today's agenda. All of the docs were to clear their 9AM to 9:30AM time block to meet with the new head of Human Resources. Sam groaned.

"I guess no coffee for me today." She muttered to herself. She couldn't care less about the HR team.

Scott smiled softly, shocked as Samantha slid her number across the table to him before she stood up and left the coffee shop. He wasn't entirely sure why he hadn't told her they'd be colleagues just a short three days later, but regardless, she'd have found out soon enough. Taking the piece of paper and adding the number to his phone, he typed S-A-M-A before stopping to think. He removed the final A and added Evenson at the end, smirking to himself as he pressed save.

Standing, he walked over to the counter and ordered another coffee, his usual routine when he had no plans for the rest of the day. His usual routine was to people watch and put all technology to the side for a while, but he kept his phone in his hand that day, his thumb itching to unlock it and text the beautiful woman who'd been so kind to give him her number. In the end, he was able to resist the urge and put his phone away. 'This is a married woman,' he continuously thought to himself. 'I can't get involved, she probably only did it to be polite anyway.' A number of theories arose and circled around his head as he tried to justify why Samantha would have no interest in him, as he did for most woman he were quite clearly interested.

Finally finishing his coffee, he waved goodbye to Susan who was getting ready to finish her shift, and she waved back, almost rushing to clock out as she saw him leaving, but he was out of the door and down the street before he'd even realized.

The warm air hit him instantaneously, and he knew it wasn't a good idea to go for a walk with how much he'd sweat, so he strolled back to his apartment, phone in hand yet again as he thought back to his encounter with Samantha. Quickly, his mind was in the gutter as he thought about her in her work uniform, and then out of it, or partially out of it at least. His thoughts would always end with him remembering the wedding ring, the obviously expensive wedding ring, and he'd stop himself again.

'Do I really want to share a building with this woman?' He asked himself as he got home. Of course he did - he'd worked hard to get the job and he wouldn't let anybody get in the way of that, but there was definitely some risk involved.

Later that evening he looked out of his apartment building on to the busy city street below, almost going insane inside his apartment alone, so he ventured out and plucked up the courage to text his new crush. "Rudy's tonight? It's Scott," he typed before hesitating for 15 minutes and finally pressing send as he stepped inside the crowded bar. "Thirsty Thursdays" as they called it, and it was a much younger crowd than usual, but he was able to find a seat at the bar and order a beer.

Tapping his fingers on the bar as his first beer quickly went down, he checked his phone every few minutes to see if she'd texted. Second beer - still nothing from Samantha, and after Scott's third he decided to call it a night, shrugging his shoulders as he walked out of the bar and the few blocks home, knowing that she probably regretted even letting him sit down with her in the first place, considering she was married. As bummed out as he was, he slept easy for the rest of the weekend knowing he'd most likely dodged a bullet.

Monday morning came around way too fast for Scott's liking, but he awoke with a spring in his step, excited for the day ahead and starting his new job. His boss, the only person he had to report to, had decided to schedule meetings throughout the day for him to meet each team and to explain his goals and any potential projects the HR department were going to undertake, the first of which was at 9 a.m., and with his signature coffee in hand, he stepped out of his office to a group of doctors, nurses and assistants with one Samantha Evenson directly in the middle.

Scott, of course knowing this encounter was going to happen, did not share the same look than Samantha was expressing, and after seeing this he was almost laughing before he had to begin his speech.

"Well.....hello everyone. My name is Scott Mahler, I'm the new Head of Human Resources. It's Monday and it's 9 a.m., so I understand many of you would rather be anywhere else right now, but I want to make sure you know who to come to should any situation arise where you'll need me or my colleagues. Here is my office," he said softly, pointing to the left. "And if the door is open, I'm in there. My cell and office numbers will also be available on the door should I not be there and you have an emergency. Now, obviously, with all due respect I don't ant to ever have to work with most of you in close quarters if I can help it," he said to a light laughter while looking directly at Samantha. "But should you need me, I'm always here. Thank you for your time!" He said before letting the crowd disperse.

Sam went about her usual morning routine: checking in on patients, filling out patient charts, and scheduling surgeries for the rest of the day. It was the usual grind for a young doctor like herself. Many of the specialists were already operating, but seeing as she specialized in trauma most of her bloody work took place in the later hours of the day. However, paperwork was just as important as the surgeries. Patient care from start to finish was of the utmost importance to any doctor worth their Salt. Samantha was no exception. She never complained about the more tedious parts of her job or cursed her responsibilities. Sam was a good doctor.

However, meeting the new head of HR meant no Starbucks, and that got on her nerves. A girl needed her coffee.

She sat in the conference room on the administrative floor of the hospital in her scrubs and lab coat, a clipboard laying across her narrow lap. She waited, surrounded by her colleagues fully expecting some middle aged man to walk in and start muttering about how he was going to fix all that was wrong with the hospital. They had all heard it before and, honestly, not a single nurse or doctor in that room looked even the least bit enthusiastic about this meeting. After all, it was eating into everyone’s free time: a precious time in any hospital. It was painted on everyone’s face up until the new HR rep walked in. And boy, did he draw the attention of every woman in the room.

Most of the nurses looked lovestruck, the female doctors intrigued. But Sam? Her mouth fell open in shock for just a moment before she closed it once more and just slid down in her chair and cupped her hand over her brow in a meek attempt to hide her face. It was pointless. Scott honed in on her almost immediately. There was no doubt that he recognized her. In fact, every time she glanced up at him she met his eyes. Was he staring at her? It made her bite down hard on her lip in nerves for the remainder of his short speech.

Once most of the room had cleared out, Sam stood and approached the head of the table where Scott stood, a sheepish smile in her lips. “Hey there stranger. If I didn’t know better I’d thank you planned this.” She quirked an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her bosom. The scrubs left plenty of room for imagination as they hung loosely over her figure with very minimal skin showing and certainly not any cleavage to speak of. Being a doctor didn’t exactly come with a sexy uniform, but Sam still wasn’t a bad looking woman with her read curls pulled back and her green eyes shining through the light amount of makeup sge wore. She leaned back against the table casually as she looked up at Scott.

“You know you’d be better off if you were fifty years old and ugly. The nurses here are going to eat you alive in that suit.” She teased. Sam Still had about half an hour left of her break, so she wasn’t in any hurry to get back. She would rather spend a bit of time with Scott before her scrubs were covered in blood. She owed him that much after accidentally blowing of his text that weekend.

“Look. I’m sorry I missed you Thursday. To be honest I was rolling around in my underwear and watching Netflix for entirely too many hours. I just needed to stay in this weekend. As you can imagine my day-to-day around here can be pretty hectic.”

The meetings scheduled didn't exactly fill Scott with glee when he heard about them. They were planned without his knowledge and sprung upon him that morning, so without much time to plan, he wasn't too excited to have to fumble his way through several of them throughout the day for all the different units of the hospital. Despite this, he had the full attention of the room when he began speaking - well - at least half of them. He'd heard enough about nurses in the past to know to keep his distance when possible, but he was starting to realise he might not have that opportunity presented to him.

He made sure to make the talk short, knowing that these doctors and nurses valued their free time more than most, as it didn't come very often. A few of the staff stayed to shake his hand and welcome him to the job, which he appreciated, and a couple nurses giggled and held on to his hand for longer than expected when they introduced themselves. He had a feeling that this wouldn't be the last time he'd be seeing them around.

Finally, as he expected, Samantha strolled up to him. Scott, smiling, looked deeply in to her green eyes and smirked. "Well I've got the ugly part covered," he winked, teasing her a little as he held his hand out for her to shake. "I know we already did this, but I suppose it'll look good to do it in a professional setting too," he laughed a little. "Also, what if I want to eat the nurses alive, not the other way around?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and the possibility that he wasn't only interested in her. That would be a lie, of course.

Shaking his head and raising his hand, he forgave her instantly. "Listen I understand, rolling around in your underwear and watching Netflix sounds much better than fighting for a seat at Rudy's anyway, maybe I'll invite you to do that next time instead," he teased. "Oh, and this also counts as a meeting, by the way, so I will be allowed to call you Sam next time," he laughed a little, knowing he could raise the stakes a little now that nobody was in the room but the two of them.

Sam rolled her eyes and reached out her hand, giving him the handshake he asked for. Was this to be a business only arrangement then? Maybe she should delete his name and number from her phone entirely. She didn't need the totally professional HR guy texting her over the weekend. If she ignored him again he migh write her up for sexual harassment or something. That would be quite he mark on her perfectly clean personal relations record in the hospital. The last HR rep, Clyde, had adored her. She was the easiest staff member to work with because she almost never got into trouble with patients or patient families. When she did? It was usually due to factors beyond her control.

"Well if it's nurses your after I can tell you which ones are rumored to be the best lay and whos single or not. Nurses love to gossip with the doctors in the break room. Why do you think I always run away to starbucks during my meal break in the morning? I cant stand all the pointless gabbing. I'd rather read a raunchy book and drink my cappuccino, thank you." She scrunched up her nose playfully before glancing over her should to be absolutely sure they were alone.

"By the way, this little meeting of yours this morning ruined that for me today." She crossed her arms over her chest challengingly as she quirked a playful brow at him. "I think you're going to have to make that up to me, mister." She smirked. One hand reached out bravely and she tangled her long, narrow fingers into his tie. Ther hand brushed against his abdomen and chest as she did so easingl, but soon she gave a harsh tug on the garment: Pulling Scott forwards as well as likely giving him a little choke. All in play, of course, and as soon as it had begun it ended. Sam released the tie and let it fall back into it's respective position, crooked now.

"Buy me a drink at Rudy's tonight and we'll call it even, okay hotshot? Oh. And if you bring any nurses with you the price will to three drinks because you wasted my time." She smiled at him. Sam usually wasn't such a horrible flirt, but there was just something about Scott that tempted the married woman. The best she could figure? It's because he had been around for so long. She had been eyeing him at the bar for over a year, catching a glance at the coffee shop, and peeking up from her elliptical at the gym just to see him drenched in sweat and looking like some sort of sex god. He had been a staple in her routine for some time now, and she felt an undeniable urge to act on it now.

"You can't stand all the pointless gabbing or you're worried that they're really talking about you," he smirked, teasing right back before she mentioned his meeting had ruined her opportunity to get in to a raunchy book, pulling him in ever so slightly with the grip of his tie. His eyes widened in shock as she did so, and he had to admit he was a little nervous in the moment as she was clearly in control. The pull took his breath away, as well as the choke that the tightening of the tie made possible.

As she released the tie, he tried to look as cool as he could in that situation, looking down and slowly shifting the tie so it became loose and he was able to fix it back in to its initial position. He listened as she gave him the proposition for a drink, and smirked as she did so. Of course, he simply wasn't going to say no, but the way she offered it made her seem so powerful, so in control of the situation despite her marriage. He thought she'd want to keep something like that under wraps, not at a busy local bar like Rudy's, but he was single, and he didn't need an excuse to not be seen.

Nodding as she finished, he agreed. "Alright, sure, Rudy's at 8 p.m., I don't have to be in tomorrow until the afternoon, so I might just bring a nurse so I can get you to have three drinks with me," he winked as he looked back down at his tie and lifted the bottom a little bit, making sure that it was straight for when he'd eventually have to take another meeting with the hospital staff from a different unit.

Reaching out from his tie and to her coat, he unbuttoned it and let it swing open, before putting a hand on her waist and stepping closer so their bodies and faces were inches apart. "Just be sure to show up this time," he smirked before running his hand up her side and then pulling away, turning to walk out of the room. "Have a great day, Mrs. Evenson."

Sam took a sharp breath as his reached out to her, making quick work of her lab coat until he found her body underneath clad in simple blue scrubs. However, it took her off guard when his hand continued forward and eventually took hold of her waist. His palm was warm and inviting, unlike her husband's hand which had no interest in touching a woman anymore. Well... at least he had no interest in touching her anymore. Scott just had this way of pushing her drastically outside of her comfort zone. And all it took was a moment of eye contact of his hand lingering on her petite frame.

Sam didn't manage any words before Scott disappeared, leaving her standing there dissatisfied and gawking.

With a huff, Sam soon stepped out as well, heading back to work. She had patients to attend to and she couldn't waste away the day sitting around and day dreaming about the new head of HR. What a stupid, childish, girly thing to do. Samantha was a working woman and a married woman, yet she couldn't get her mind off of just what Scott might have to offer her. Could this be some sort off budding office romance? Where exactly would tonight take them? She bit her lip as she walked through the white tiled hallway. She knew where she would like tonight to take them.

The rest of the day went by without a hitch. Well... mostly. There was one particular case that went sour, but things like that happened in this profession. 45 year old male needed a stent placed after years of plaque buildup. He wasn't old, so they hadn't anticipated any difficulties during surgery though death is always one of the possible complications. That's exactly what he got. A reaction to the anestesia, actually. The man died on the table before Sam or anyone else could figure out what had happened to him. It was too late before they discovered the cause, but Sam tried not to lose sleep over these cases. It was part of being a doctor. Instead she was focused on her date tonight with Scott.

8PM came just as it always did. Then 9PM. Sam finally rotted into Rudy's an hour and 15 minutes late. Typical doctor behavior.

For Scott, the day was much slower than it should have been. The first day on a new job for anybody should be a refreshing and exciting experience, but he'd have to settle for his second day being like that, due to the fact that every minute of his first shift (besides lunch) was filled with meeting the new employees and regurgitating the same old script he'd used on Samantha and her unit. It was mentally exhausting to say the least, and when he walked out of work, he couldn't wait for his planned evening with his new co-worker/love interest/whatever the hell she was.

Walking back to his uptown apartment, his phone buzzed and he opened it to see a text from the hospital director. "Lawyers in tomorrow morning, pt death today, family contemplating a suit....you'll have to work the morning....from the frying pan in to the fire..." Scott read it as he walked down the sidewalk, dodging the rest of the professionals that were finishing up and heading home for the day.

'Finally,' he thought, 'a chance to get in to the nitty gritty of healthcare.'

Arriving home, he changed in to a casual outfit that showed off his muscular frame, similar to the one he'd worn when he first plucked up the courage to say something to Samantha. He decided on a moss green shirt that went well with his lighter blue jeans, slim fitting but not overly so. On his feet were a standard pair of white Adidas sneakers, and after pacing around his apartment for what felt like forever, he finally left at 7:45 p.m. to make sure he'd be on time.

Walking into Rudy's at 8 p.m., he looked around to see if Samantha had arrived, but alas, she had not. Considering this was his first job in healthcare, he was unsure of the stereotypes that came with the industry. Nurses were crazy, he'd learnt today. Doctors were always late to social functions? That he'd have to find out for himself, and find out he did.

Ordering a beer, he nursed it for as long as he could before 8:30 p.m. came around and it was gone. Another beer got him to 8:50 p.m., and then a third got him to 9:15 p.m.

Rolling his eyes, he stood and decided to call it a night. 'Why am I surprised?' he asked himself as he made his way to the door just as Samantha walked in. Scott had a buzz going, but nothing that would make it obvious. He knew how to handle his drink, after all.

"Oh....so you decided to show up," he laughed a little, despite being somewhat pissed off that she'd made him wait that long.

Sam winced a bit when she saw him. He was angry with her, and perhaps rightfully so. After all, she had been incredibly evasive lately. From not answering his texts to showing up over an hour late now. Samantha was used to these types of antics, and Jesse had been the same way seeing as they were both doctors, but she shouldn't expect Scott to feel the same way. After all, he was new to all of this. It wouldn't take long, however, for him to become acquainted to this type of behavior. Especially since he was going to be working at the hospital as well. In fact, maybe someday soon it would be him getting caught up in the office and showing up to everything late.

"I know. I know. I'm late. I'll make it up to you." She assured him, placing one hand on his chest to keep him from stepping around her and leaving anyway. After all, if he was mad enough this date wouldn't be worth much to him... if it could even be considered a date. "You're going to have to learn how to date women in the medical field. We're never on time. The nurses are no better." She gave him a wink then reached down, grabbing his hand and dragging him back towards the bartop. Sam hadn't had anything to drink, and she sure as hell needed to.

She looked good. She was dressed up perhaps a little more than Scott himself, but she was still rather casual. She wore a simple maroon t-shirt style dress that hung down to her mid thigh. It wasn't tight fitting, but the scooping neckline was low enough to show off the slightest cleavage, her soft mounds highlighted in the dim bar lights with a simple chain necklace dangling between them. So wore simple canvas tennis shoes on her feet, and honestly looked no different than all of the horny college girls that hung around despite being nearly a decade older and a hell of a lot more useful to society.

"I would like a shot of tequila. Lime and shot. Whatever you have thats cheap." She handed over her card and ID. "Actually make that two. One for me. One for this gentleman." She motioned to Scott.

Samantha planted her ass on a bar stool then patted the one next to her for Scott to sit. Once he did she offered him a sheepish smile. "Look. I'm sorry. I had a patient. I wouldn't expect you to understand, but maybe you can be patient with me? Doctors aren't always the easiest people to get along with, but I swear I'm a good person once you you get past that hard exterior of mine. Plus, now you can officially call me Sam. Wouldn't that make waiting for me so long worth it?" She asked, batting her pretty eyes at him.

Once the shots came, Samantha grinned like a kid in a candy shop. She grabbed it, licked her salt, downed her tequila, and sucked on her lime in a smooth gesture. Obviously this was something she did often. Tequila was, after all, her drink of choice. Another reason she could easily be mistaken for one of these college tramps. She ordered another round, letting Scott choose what he wanted this go around.

"Once I'm good and drunk, however, I'll let you dance with me." She offered with a smirk.

The hand on his chest did more than it should've. He was a little pissed off, sure, but feeling her hand there seemed to melt it all away. He could have practically been at her mercy in that moment in time. As they sat, he laughed a little, looking across at her from the stool. "So you're saying, if we go out again, that I should show up at least an hour late....and you probably still won't be there?" He asked, laughing out loud as he finished his question. "Fair enough," he shrugged.

Continuing to look across at her, he saw the necklace and followed the line of jewelry down to her cleavage before looking away and back to the bar as she ordered their drinks. Tequila wasn't exactly his drink of choice, but he wouldn't say no in that moment. If that's what Samantha wanted, he'd happily oblige in drinking it too.

As she explained her lateness being due to a patient, he thought back to the text he received from his boss, but in that moment he didn't put two and two together. Her story was too vague to think she'd have anything to do with his meeting regarding a patient death the following morning......'The following morning' he thought to himself. How many tequila's was just enough to show up to his brand new job in a decent state?

"It's kind of my job to understand," he smirked, the tequila's arriving and he followed her lead, licking the salt, throwing back the shot and sucking on the lime, his eyes closing involuntarily as he did so, setting everything down and sighing heavily. The shot was sure to further his buzz, or maybe even pass him over into drunken Scott for the first time in a while.

Truly enough, he liked Sam, so he wasn't going to make an idiot out of himself on their first planned meeting outside of work, which is why he ordered another tequila for her, and went back to beer for himself.

"I'd love to keep up with you re: tequila, but it's definitely not college anymore for me," he winked, teasing. "And I just found out I'm in early in the morning, even though I wasn't supposed to be, so I'll have to take it somewhat easy. Although dancing does sound excellent......you think that's gonna be here or back at my place?" He asked, pushing the boundaries a bit more.

"Well. An hour might be pushing it. Forty five minutes is a good bet. Then you have enough time to get a few shots deep before I show up and you'll be buzzed enough to handle me. No sober man is ever bold enough to try." She teased him. "Plus. If I'm only half an hour late I'll be pissed if I have to wait for you long. I don't mind keeping you waiting, but I hate to be the one waiting, darling." She gave him a wink as she sat near him.

She laughed, watching him cringe at the shot. "Manly man, eh?" She asked him teasingly. She herself hadn't even winced at the shot. It might as well have been water it went down her gullet so easily. She downed the second one with just as much ease, but she didn't miss what he was saying. Odd that they would call him in early so soon in his career there. Usually they waited at least a few days before fucking the new guys with a studded strapon dry in the ass. She giggled at the thought of Scott being an HR bitch. She probably would have hated him for being a pain in her ass if it weren't for the fact he was actually good looking. At least now if he had to yell at her he would look hot and dominant doing it.

"Poor guy." She pouted for him teasingly. "Gotta get up early. Welcome to my life. Though... they canceled my rounds for tomorrow. Gotta go do some paperwork bullshit instead thanks to the man who decided to die on my table today. Public relations are a real pain in my ass. But Scott, I give you permission to be a pain in my ass any time you want. As long as it means you're actually in my ass." She gave him a wink. He wasn't the only one who could push boundaries. "Though, if my ass doesn't suit you there are a couple other options for where you can be a pain."

Sam reached out, placing a Hand on Scott's thigh, perhaps a little too far up, and she gave it a squeeze. The tequila hadn't been in her system long enough to really have an effect yet, but if she got a bad reaction she could always blame the liquid courage and make a mental note of Scott's boundaries. Though. Seeing as he had so nonchalantly just invited her over tonight for obvious activities, she had a feeling that a little thigh grab wasn't the raunchiest thing that either of them could think of. What was the harm in a little no strings attached fun? Sam could surely use it. Her husband hadn't even tried to turn her on in weeks.

"Maybe you can show me just ow big of a pain you can be later when you take me home. Eh, Scotty? How does that sound?" She downed a third shot before standing up and pulling her skirt down to better cover her ass where it had ridden up while she was sitting, and she took a step toward the dance floor where plenty of drunk couples and strangers were already getting handsy. "But first you're going to have to convince me to follow you there. Dance with me."

Listening to her talk, he couldn't believe she'd been so bold in suggesting what she did, but he wasn't about to pretend that it didn't turn him on. Two inches higher on his thigh and she'd have felt how hard her words had made him, but luckily she kept her hand where it was. The squeeze made him even harder, though, and when she stood to dance he wasn't sure the best idea was to follow her. The lights were low enough that people probably wouldn't see, but he was still incredibly self conscious about it nonetheless.

Reluctantly standing as she took a step towards the dance floor that was slowly filling up, he smirked finally and took her hand as they walked together, joining couples that were probably a bit more drunk than they were, but there was more than enough space for them to dance in. Not like they'd need it anyway, as he removed his hand from hers and took her by the waist, pulling her close as his hardened cock pressed against her finally.

"That big," he said softly in to her ear as they started to dance and girate against each other. The music was now filling the room as the bar turned in to more of a nightclub for the night, and the beat was thundering through the room and his body.

The song was over and most people left the dance floor. He didn't want to, but it did feel like a natural end to their moment, and he took her hand one more time to head back to the bar. Thankfully, the two seats they had vacated were still available when they returned, so he pulled out one for Sam and sat back down, his hand finding her thigh this time. "Does that answer your question? Of how big of a pain in your ass I'm gonna be, I mean," he smirked, feeling very buzzed at that point and more than happy to go along with exactly what she wanted.

The bartender came back over and he ordered another beer, setting himself a limit for that to be his last one, at least in that bar. If they were going to go home together, he didn't want to be too drunk and unable to do anything with her. "I think she'd like another tequila," he smirked across at Sam, nodding to the bartender as he waited for her approval.

Sam Bit down hard on her lower lip when Scott grabbed onto her waist and pulled her in closer. So close, in fact, she could feel the outline of his erection pressing into her pelvis. Scott was taller than Sam, offering her some relief in that he wasn't pressing directly into her pubic region. Otherwise he might have unleashed a flood down under. Either way, Sam received him by wrapping her arms around his shoulders and gyrating into him just as he did her. In addition, she would regularly press her breasts into his pectorals. She acted as though she had lost her balance, but in all reality she just wanted him to feel her. Te be aroused by her.

She was starting to feel it now. Three shots of tequila was enough to get her plenty tipsy on account of how petite the red-headed medical professional was. She drank plenty, but she had never lost any sensitivity to her alcohol. She was a lightweight and it certainly came in handy during times like this. She was a much better dancer when she was drunk. Not to mention more open to certain raunchy ideas.

When the dancing was done she followed Scott back to the bar and grinned at him when he ordered her another tequila. "The man's right. That's exactly what I'll have." She assured the bartender, but her eyes never left Scott's face as she sat near him, his hand on her bare thigh below the skirt of her little black dress. "That should probably be my last though unless you want this night to end with you calling my drunk ass a cab because I won't be capable of much other than sleeping or barfing." She chuckled, downing her shot as soon as it was delivered with the usual ritual.

Drinking finished, Sam reached down and peeled Scotts hand off of here lap. "You should probably know I'm married." She said with a shrug. standing up from her stool. "But you should also know its a lacking marriage. Definitely not a good one. So if you can ignore it we can definitely make things work in both of our favors tonight. What do you say, Scotty baby?" She asked, cupping his chin in one hand and guiding him to look up at her.

Sam thn made another move, perhaps even more bold than what Scott had done on the dancefloor by pressing his cock into her. Sam scrawled into the man's lap, letting her round, perky ass press into his erection as she leaned over the bar and grinned. Slowly she shifted her hips back and forth as Scott nursed his beer. HEr ass brushed back and forth across Scott's groin. She wanted to get him so hot and bothered that it wouldn't matter she had a husband. She wanted him to beg for her to come home with him despite tat.

The beer came and he sipped it, but as she sat in his lap, and his manhood pressed directly against her, the beer wasn't worth keeping, so he took another long sip and set it down, handing his credit card to the bartender who seemed to understand that the two of them were likely in a rush to leave. He brought over the tab, and Scott signed the bill without even checking the total. Something else was clearly on his mind. His credit card found his wallet and Scott's hand found her back as he moved to whisper in her ear.

"I think we need to get going, if we keep moving the way we are, I'll fuck you right here on the stool," he said as he kissed and left a nibble on her ear. Leaning back, he ushered her off his lap softly and sweetly, lifting her up with ease and then setting her down so she was standing. Before long, he joined her and took her hand just as he had done as they left the dance floor, but this time they left the bar together.

Outside was brisk. Fall was quickly turning in to Winter despite it still being September, and he made a noise of discomfort as they walked out to the city street. "I only live about four minutes down the road, we can walk, it'll hopefully warm us both up," he said as he released his hand from hers and put his arm around her, pulling her close as they walked. It was a bit awkward, but at least they were warmer than they'd have been just holding hands.

He noticed along the walk that she was still cold, and considering he knew they were only about 30 seconds away from his apartment building, in one fell swoop he scooped her up in to his arms and leaned it to kiss her softly on the lips. Luckily he wasn't drunk enough to lose balance, and quickly after they were at his apartment door, which he awkwardly unlocked while she was in his arms and walked inside with her, welcoming her finally to the apartment that he'd aggressively cleaned earlier, knowing this was a possibility.

Sam grinned up at Scott and politely crawled off of his lap, leaning in to whisper in his ear. “Well. I’m excited to hear you plan on fucking me tonight. But I think it’s best that we don’t do it in a bar. It would be bad for business I think.” She gave a chuckle and took his hand willingly as they exited the establishment together: stepping out into the brisk air and causing Sam take a sharp breath. The dress she wore was form fitting and strapless. It wasn’t exactly the best choice for the weather, but Sam hadn’t exactly been planning on doing any walking today. Usually she would just take a cab home. Evidently she lived further from the hospital and Rudy’s than Scott did.

She happily leaned into his arm in an attempt to keep her teeth from chattering and she gave a sheepish smile to him as they walked. “Thanks. I guess neither of us had the weather in mind when we got ready to come out tonight, huh?” She asked teasingly, motioning to the short sleeve shirt that Scott was wearing. “So please don’t try and make this some sort of a romantic walk. I’ll freeze my tits off and then I won’t have any tits. That’s no fun for anyone. You’d have two less things to grab onto later.” She laughed, pressing closer to him subconsciously as they continued to walk.

Sam gasped when Scott suddenly scooped her up. Then, with tequila coursing through her veins, she laughed loudly: her voice echoing into the empty city streets. “God. I don’t think anyone had scooped me up since I was a teenager.” She exclaimed before Scott leaned in for a kiss. Her eyelashes fluttered closed and she kissed him back sweetly as he held her up. She leaned into his chest calmly for the remainder of the journey to his apartment, and giggled when he shifted her awkwardly to unlock his door.

Once inside, Sam hopped down out of his arms and stepped deeper into the apartment. She smiled. It was nice. Definitely a bachelor pad based on the decor and condition, but nice nonetheless. She turned to him, standing several feet enough and definitely not drink enough to stumble. She reached up and grabbed her own breasts with a giggle. “So, uh, little secret. This dress doesn’t work right with a bra. And the weather outside has made my nipples almost as hard as your dick was earlier.” She smirked up at him, still clutching her chest.

He truly couldn't believe his luck. This woman, a woman he'd had a crush on since the first time he saw her but was too nervous to ever say anything or give anything more than a soft smile in the coffee shop was finally stood in his apartment. Thoughts of her relationship status had gone out of the window when his second beer was finished, and now here they were both desperate for each other.

"Earlier?" He asked, smirking as he felt like teasing her just a bit more. "My dick is much harder than it was earlier, don't you worry about that," he laughed, stepping forward as his hands wrapped around her waist. He pulled her in and leaned down for a more passionate kiss this time, his lips opening hers as his tongue entered her mouth and tasted her tongue, hands roaming around her back, down to her ass and then up to her shoulders where he found a zip for the dress.

Taking the zip in his thumb and forefinger, he pulled down, the zipper sound filling the room alongside their smacking lips as he reached the bottom of the zip and then pulled the dress apart as far as it would go. Finally breaking the kiss, he took a step back, a little out of breath as he surveyed her body, excited to finally see her naked.

"Take it off," he said gruffly, the beer, the kissing and the late night adding to his deeper vocal tones, reaching out to start peeling the dress from her body.

Quickly, he let go, deciding to let her do the rest of the work at her pace, reaching down to unbuckle the belt of his jeans and slowly unbutton each of the five buttons before his jeans fell to the floor, revealing a large bulge in the black boxer briefs that were underneath them. "I told you it was harder," he smirked, winking at her.

Sam was happy to receive the kiss, leaning into his frame as he prodded at her mouth and his hands began to wander. In turn, her own hands let go of her breasts, letting them hang naturally and press into his chest as her arms reached up to wrap around his shoulders. If he was paying enough attention, he might even be able to feel the buds of her hardened nipples pressing into his pectoral muscles. She pressed deeper into him as he unzipped her dress, giggling slightly at the way he demanded her to take it off.

"Alright, hotshot." She reassured him, pushing down the dress without much hesitation. They had already gotten this far. There was no point in chickening out now. Her breasts, although not huge in size, hung round and plump on her chest with no bra concealing them. She was toned and feminine through the midsection, and as eyes continued to travel down her black, simple thong came into view. Kicking off her shoes in the heap with her dress, Sam stepped closer and pressed her hand into Scotts chest, pushing him back towards the open door she could only assume was the bedroom wearing nothing but her panties.

She didn't bother with the light. Only pushed him onto the bed and knelt down between his knees as he laid back. "Enough with the big talk. I'm for you to prove it." She chuckled, hooking her fingers into the waistband of his boxer briefs. "I'm going to suck you off, Scoot. I hope you don't mind." She smirked, watching as she lowered his briefs down his hips and thighs until his erection sprung free.

Sam took hold of his cock with ease and leaned forward, running her lips along his balls until she reached his shaft. Her tongue slipped between her lips and she ran it along the bottom side of his length, letting out a satisfied groan as she did so. One she reached the bulbous head, Sam's eyelashes fluttered as she looked up to find Scott's eyes. She made eye contact with the man as she carefully wrapped her lips around his cock and slid downwards to allow him to impale her mouth and throat.

Back
Top Bottom