Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Requiem - A Space Opera Roleplay

Rhael

Dust
INTRODUCTION

If you wish to embark on endless adventures in space, as part of the crew of a starship, look no further. Star Requiem is what you're seeking, particularly if you want to get involved in a roleplay from the very beginning. This is meant to be a small group roleplay, restricted to 6 dedicated players. I will play as the captain of the Requiem, a notorious mercenary frigate that has gained popularity due to its advanced, Lost Technology systems. Your characters will be the main bridge officers.

Star Requiem should be seen as Game of Thrones in space. There are no intelligent aliens, but plenty of alien life on the many colonized planets. Only humans and their dark, impulsive nature populate the galaxy. Ancient Noble Houses leading various interstellar nations are locked in a game of cloak and dagger in which clandestine operatives and mercenaries play a pivotal role. Vanity, the desire to rule and acquire power is what motivates most individuals crowding the Milky Way. Survival of the fittest is a recurring theme, and those who aren't good enough are mercilessly relegated to the fringes of society.

I won't go too in-depth with the lore here, but you should know that I have a 20-page long PDF that offers more details on this setting. This is a serious roleplay for serious role-players that truly want to immerse themselves in a science fiction epic that will hopefully become something special and long-lasting.

The roleplay shall be organized in episodes and seasons, much like in a TV show. In my experience, most roleplays become dragging social interactions between characters, which eventually become too stale and run out of steam. I aim to keep this roleplay fresh and exciting by providing plenty of action, intrigue and general excitement. Communication between players will be important, so you'll be able to contribute with your ideas and enrich the roleplay.

AVAILABLE ROLES

Hopefully I've piqued your curiosity, so here's a list of available roles that you can play. Others are already taken, which means I'm not alone in this endeavor.

- The Security Officer is in charge of the ship's security, as the name of the role implies. Should the Requiem ever be boarded, the Security Officer would take charge and lead the complement of marines aboard the ship to repel the attack. On the other hand, the Security Officer could be ordered to board an enemy vessel, or even conduct hostile or covert ground operations on a planet. When in a shore party, the Security Officer acts as the main tactical advisor for the Captain, other than being in charge of the group's overall security. The Security Officer is also the chosen Second in Command aboard the Requiem. This character will be female.

- The Tactical Officer is in charge of the Requiem's armaments and defense systems. The Tactical Officer operates a station on the ship's command bridge that allows full control over point-defense batteries, main cannon arrays, deflectors, and more. As the Tactical Officer, your role will be vital in any space confrontation. During the role-play, you will be able to greatly influence and enrich scenes of battle in the void of space. On the ground, the Tactical Officer is usually seen as security, along with the more prominent (in that context) Security Officer. This character will be male.

- The Navigator is the officer who actually pilots the ship. The Navigator uses the main controlling station in the command bridge to perform maneuvers at sub-light speed, as well as jump the ships to another star system by using the aptly named Jump Drive. In combat, the Navigator plays a major role alongside the Tactical Officer, as the two coordinate to plan attack vectors and defensive maneuvers. When in a shore party, the Navigator acts as the main transportation pilot. This role will give you the opportunity to pilot the Requiem and probably perform crazy stunts that will (hopefully) help the crew out of a bad spot. This character will be male.

ON ROMANCE AND SMUT

As I'm sure you've noticed, roles have a pre-established gender. This is to ensure a nice balance between male and female characters, and to offer equal opportunities for romance subplots. Gender behind a character is irrelevant. If you can play well a character of the opposite gender, by all means, feel free to join in. Romance subplots should happen organically, as part of the main roleplay. This roleplay won't be a never ending smut fest. Smut is NOT the focus. Characters should get cozy during downtime aboard the ship, and you - as the player - should allow romance to happen organically. Nothing should be forced.

CONCLUSION

There's a lot more to say, but I don't want to go overboard with this thread. If you are interested in joining Star Requiem, be sure to contact me privately, as opposed to just reply to this thread. Again, only 3 slots are actually available. Depending on the interest in this role-play, I will select players who are as passionate about science fiction roleplays as I am, and who can guarantee a decent level of activity. Of course, experience with such roleplays will also play a role. I will try to be very fair, and for this reason I will most likely apply a first come, first serve basis when there are two or more players interested in the same role. If you like what you've read, contact me ASAP to increase your chances.

Thanks for your attention. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

so it looks interesting for sure,
if this rp gets off of the ground I would love to put my hat in for the tactics officer

Back
Top Bottom