Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue PM time out.

Hey there BLUEMOON programmers.

First off let me tell you I love you site and I think its great! You guys have added many things that I didnt even know I needed. Anyways I just have a small annoyance to bring up. I am wondering why I am getting held up with a 30 second wait time for responding to one of my PM threads. I am wondering if it can be removed or if it is there for a reason. Since it just has been getting my goat lately when i have multiple quick OOC things to answer for different people in different RPs.

Well that's my little question. Please keep up the good work I can see how much effort everyone puts in and it shows. Good job guys! Thanks for your time

I second this. This is rather frustrating especially when you have you have multiple messages to respond to.

Could you give me a timestamp when this happens?

How many replies are in your conversation?

I am not sure how I can give you a timestamps, I think I can take a screen shot when it happens.

As for the conversations most of them are at least 10 replies long. I will create the incident again right now then post a screenshot for you hopefully.

Well of course it's not letting me put the screen shot here. Is there an email I can send to you?

I don't need any screenshots, I just need to know exactly when >_>

I will!
Mine does it if I reply to one PM and then move to reply to another PM right after I've replied to the one before.

I noticed it calling cron on unlucky people posting PMs, so I fixed the cron script in a couple of different ways.

Am hopeful that this takes care of it.

Ok it seems to be like a set 60 second time delay between pm's the last time I made it happen was at 0952H Pacific standard time.

I noticed it calling cron on unlucky people posting PMs, so I fixed the cron script in a couple of different ways.

Am hopeful that this takes care of it.

Okay! I thought it was just a new feature of the site since the conversion. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.

Making you wait isn't a feature >_>

Picked out another possibility and dealt with it.

If this is about the flood limiter then that's a different thing <_<

I think they mean the flood limiter. If you try to send a pm twice within 30 seconds/a minute (forget which) it tells you to wait out the remainder of the time.

Well hey at least I found some performance issues so the site should be a bit faster. <_<

I think they mean the flood limiter. If you try to send a pm twice within 30 seconds/a minute (forget which) it tells you to wait out the remainder of the time.

Which is incredibly frustrating when you have multiple PMs to respond to in a limited amount of time.

Ok so it most likely the flood limiter then based on what had been said because it does count down from 1 min if you try and keep sending.

So he did lower it to 30 seconds and is mostly in place to stop people accidentally/intentionally spamming the send button and a person ending up with 2 or more of the same exact message.

Ok understood. Lowering it to 30 should work out better I think and hope.

This is me now just thinking out loud since i dont know how web sites tack things or work. I wonder if there is a way for the system to know the difference in who the PM is going to or seeing that it is a completely different message. If it would be possible not be headache inducing for the system to do that.

Anyways I thank Vekseid, Amaranthine, and Karameida for all the time and attention you have given to the issue I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom