Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Drow Slave (Caius/CatclawFyreHeart)

Caius and his band of mercenaries returned home from a lengthy, but profitable campaign against a stronghold of drow that was causing their client a lot of trouble. After distributing the spoils to his fellow adventurers, he went home with his share. Among his take was a drow female of particularly good looks that he had managed to capture alive and mostly intact. He had plans for her as a slave for his amusement once she was properly broken.

She was kept sedated since her capture and he only gave her smelling salts to rouse her once she was securely chained in his cellar, shackled to two sturdy pillars and deprived of any weapons or armor she had on. He left her some dignity of clothing, but left her back exposed for whatever persuasion he would need to administer to bring her in line.

He was quite handsome, bearing scars from his past battles on his face and body with black hair and green eyes. Once his prize was awakened, he addressed her, "Have a nice nap? From now on, you will be my new pleasure slave, drow. You can either be a compliant little minx or we can do this the hard way, that's all up to you. You will however, attend to my wants and needs without complaint and serve me as a slave should her master. Now, do you wish to make this easy or do we do this the hard way?"

Kyra Myst looked at the person who had her chained up, groggily with eyes that didn't want to seem to focus to well on him. But she did hear his voice perfectly clear, and then spoke her voice came out a in a husky feminine growl it may not have been as musical as the elves. "What makes you think I will give in and serve you willingly human? You might hold all the cards now but when I am free that will be a different story." Her white silver eyes gleamed with malice. Though she could do nothing right now for he held all the cards. It seemed she had chosen after all the hard way at least for the very moment. Though she would never admit it out loud she did think to herself. Despite what I know he is going to do to me, the male is handsome enough to bad he had to capture me for what he wants. Though at least I did not go down easy in that fight if I recall they had a terrible time slowing me down until they managed to sedate me.

He stroked her bare back and considered flogging her into submission. "Shame to mar this pretty flesh, and something tells me you won't break just from physical pain. I've got something that might just fit the bill, then." He looked through a drawer and pulled out a bronze circlet with a ruby set where it would rest on the forehead. "A little something I found on another battle with your kind. Seems it was placed on the heads of particularly willful slaves to make them more . . . flexible. Let's see how well it works on you." He placed it on her head and let it work its magic on her.

"But let's see if it can work a little faster with some additional help." He took out a vial of reddish liquid and removed the stop before pressing it into her mouth and holding her nose firmly to make her swallow it. "Let's see if a little opium won't make you a bit more relaxed as well and this device of yours won't work a bit more quickly." He let the drugs and circlet do their work, looking to see if she was becoming more suggestible. "Now, what was that you were saying about being willing to serve me?"

Kyra knew what circlet was, she'd seen it action only once, and even then that thing had killed the slave eventually that it was placed on. It would do the same to her given the correct words in magic. Had she been able to, she would have struggled against having that placed on her forehead but chained up she couldn't go any where especially with her still feeling out of it from being sedated for so long. How ever the combination of that and opium were starting to have an effect even as she glared at him hatred now shinning through her eyes, if it hadn't been there before it was now, as well as anger.

Though the drow managed to grit out, as she fought both the drug, and pull of the circlet that would eventually make her more suggestible to him. "Do you have any idea what that circlet will do to some one who doesn't comply the wishes of the one controlling the person under it. It kills them eventually when given the correct corresponding words in magic." She knew the words as did all the drow, how ever without those words all the circlet could do was make her suggestible, but it could still dole out pain if she went against the wishes of the other controlling her.

Though she had been trained to never show fear, her hands itched to tear that circlet off before it could be used to kill her or worse give her such pain that she would scream for mercy only there would be none for her. "I will not go willingly." Those were the last words she would be able to speak as pain erupted into her temples because she defied the circlets magic in making her manageable to her master. How ever it would probably take all night for both the drugs, and the circlet to wear the drow down enough for something to stick. Although the drugs had in a way loosened her tongue on the operation of the device so it wasn't a total bust.

"Well, then, you better hope I don't find out what those words are. I can always have another contract against your kind and I'm sure one would be willing to tell me if the right motivation was in place." Since it would take time for the circlet and drugs to make her pliable, Caius decided perhaps some additional fear would motivate her to be a bit more accommodating to her new situation. "I could just leave you down here all night, if you want. I'll go upstairs and have a good meal, bath, perhaps go through my library and see if I can't dig up a bit more on that circlet. You can remain down here in this cold, damp cellar chained to the pillars, unable to defend yourself from the hungry rats that will come out for what they can devour."

He placed a hand on her breast and squeezed it softly, getting a feel for what she had to offer under her thin white gown. "Or you can agree to be hospitable to me and enjoy a night of comfort with me. It's your choice." He started walking away, leaving her with the decision to stay down here with her pride or give in and be with him. In the morning, he could always whip her until he could have her on her hands and knees and play at being a dog.

Kyra's eyes widen at the mention of rats, sure the strong hold she had lived in, hand't had any. But she supposed the dungeons might have had them. Her skin crawled with revolusion at even thinking of those creatures climbing over her in the search for food. "Perhaps you would be the lesser evil of tonight, but only for this night. I do not relish being bitten by giant rats." It wasn't really much of a choice so she had to make quick decision in either case. Not that she was to pleased about saying such to a human who wanted to use her for his own pleasure.

Caius lingered over Kyra contemplating whether to release her. "One moment." He affixed a choke chain leash around her neck and held it in a tight grip while he undid her shackles. "One wrong move and you will regret it." He led her upstairs and through several halls of his house until bringing her to a dining room. It was well-decorated, the crimson walls over dark wood paneling with an intricately carved table and chairs set for two. Two meals were set at the table under silver lids.

"There is a give and take for this relationship, drow. Behave and you will be allowed comfort. Defy me and there will be consequences. Pledge you will behave yourself and you may sit at the table, or I shall have to kneel on the floor and you can be served like a dog. Which will it be for you?"

Kyra narrowed her gaze on the silver round dishes, liking it less that he threatened to make her kneel like a dog and be served like one if she didn't pledge to behave herself at the table. He'd already taken her weapons, and armor so she couldn't use either of them to pledge or vow on. This only caused her eyes to glow with her anger and notch her temper even further. And she couldn't contain the words the slipped out. "First of all I cannot make such a pledge that you are asking for without my weapons or my armor. You took that from me. But it is not really a pledge you want. You want to see if you can break me down enough to promise I will behave at this table in front of you. In point of fact were I to not defy you you would soon grow bored of the novelty of even having a drow to break. What ever you do to me, would never be as worse as what the elves would do to one of my kind.

But what I can offer is one promise only, and sens we drow worship a dark entity, I promise on that enity that I will behave for the time being while food is at the table, I will promise nothing more than that. And if that is not good enough for you, then you can take me back down to the dungeon." Of course that is the only pledge your going to get from me. Take it or leave it human because I won't make another offer like that.

Caius arched his eyebrow at her, "Have it your way, then." He brought out a chair for her to sit down in as a gentleman would. Once she was seated, he took the chain and yanked it hard around her neck, striking her hard on the head to further disorient her. He then secured her wrists to the chair arms and slid her dish out of reach of her mouth. Once she was back to consciousness, he removed the lid on his meal and revealed a meal of grilled roast and potatoes with a thick blood sauce. He opened up a bottle of wine and had a glass while he ate. Seeing Kyra glare at him for his actions, he lifted the lid of the other plate to show there was indeed an identical meal under the lid. He placed it back on the plate and continued to eat.

"Since there is food on the table, then I should have your behavior for quite a while until I feel I need a second helping, if at all. I'm sure you will abide your pledge as you said, though I must say needing a weapon or armor for such a small promise must be quite exasperating for your kind.

"So, tell me, if the elves would do worse to you, and do tell me of what it is you fear they would do if I were to be inclined to bargain you to them, then why not enjoy your time here as this can be a life of comfort for you if you wished to enjoy your time with me?"

Kyra knew she hadn't deserved that attack, she had promised to behave for the most part long as there was food on the table. She couldn't help the glare when once more she found herself chained up but this time to the chair. But then it drove her even deeper into seeing red when he tormented her with not only his meal, but him eating before her and then showing her that there was an identical plate on the same table with the same exact food. Was this his grand master plan in trying to make her break in tormenting her with food while he ate. This only caused her vision to turn red causing her eyes go completely black with small pinpoints of silver white outlining the black. When her voice growled out.

"Then you understand nothing of the Drow human, but then why should you put the effort into knowing something you clearly want to only use for your own benefit. I will tell you this only once, and I am only saying it because I have lost my temper.

A pledge from such items as our swords and armor are considered great honor especially to those that host and feed the armies of the drow, and even the priestess warriors that follow those armies. They ensure that the drow will not kill or take advantage of the people that are feeding them. Because those weapons and armor or enchanted by the dark goddess we serve. They are only attuned to one individual each and anyone who tries to wield said weapon of the drow, or armor will not like what happens to them as the armor and weapons when not with that particular drow will cause great harm to the one who even touches those items.

And no I am not afraid of what the elves will to do to me, I know what they will to do me. Because I saw what they did to my brothers and sisters when we rescued them from their dungeons. I am not a typical warror I am one of the priestess warrors. And in that the elves would know to slay me on the spot and if they did not they would be wise to dampen my inherit dark powers because they would fear I would unleash something dangerous in their kingdoms, which would be half right. And with my powers deminished they would first torchure me for information on other drow settlements, and if I did not break then, they would use the same methods you used only applyfy that until the brain and the mind is completely fried. If that was not enough they burned them to the point many were disfigured, some didn't even make it out alive. Others were simply gutted after spilling their guts to the elves.

This is not comfort, it is the exact opposite of it. You do not trust me, nor do I trust you, so we are an impasse you cannot let me go because after all you captured me, so for you I am the prize you think you have won. But in truth you have not. This device might make me comply to certain orders but if I defy them it only brings pain. Pain I can live with until as I said I find way to claw it off my skull.
Comfort is much more than that it is being free, to be oneself, I cannot be that here not as a cursed slave. Besides that drows like elves have to live out in the open in the wilds that is why even in the strong hold we had open areas that were more like dark gardens. Because we needed that peice of nature to keep us calm. " If she could have gestured she would have included the whole of the building as to why it was not comfort, it may be to him. But to her it was nothing more than a gilded prison like cage.

Caius let her rant while keeping a calm demeanor. When she was done, he only asked, "Are you finished?" Whether she affirmed it or remained silent, he merely smiled and spoke to her.

"One does not become a mercenary captain, nor stay one long, if one doesn't learn to work all the angles. I have worked for drow before and I know every time, they come up with some sort of way to cheat me. You said you would behave, and I quote, 'while food is at the table.' I knew the moment you said those words that once the meal was over, you would attempt to attack me or make your escape. Suffice it say, you brought that on yourself.

"Also, spare me the notion that your kind are some poor, misunderstood race. I have seen the slave pits your people run and the farms of sharecrop labor you keep other races in a condition of squalor that the most aloof baron would find unfit for a lame, mangy dog. And don't start on the sort of torment they dish out to half-breeds; those are just worked to death and left to rot in the sun for the crows and flies. All to strut about like you are some superior race and this is merely the way things are to be. You are no better than some mincing noble with a pomander up his nose looking down at the rest of his people. In fact, you are even worse; at least serfs are given some dignity."

"True, I don't trust you, and for very good cause. You can decide not to trust me all you want. The thing is, I am not stuck in here with you. You are trapped in here with me. I know every inch of this house, I have plenty of implements to make you break and I have plenty of time. What do you have besides your anger?"

Kyra only smiled but her eyes didn't change back. "I will admit that some and maybe most drow are like that as for me. I never have been. Oh sure I could lie, but I was indeed telling the truth about the table of food. I would only have defied you after it was over had you given me an order I didn't like. And you brought that comment out by threatening to treat me like a dog. And if I wanted to escape I would have tried while you were sleeping. Not while you were awake.

Oh I may be worse that is a given but not by which you mean. I never took more than I needed from anyone, and who made the drow what they are today. That is between your people and the elves. The drow had no choice but to survive in brutal conditions taken anything they could to survive, wither it was the land other people owned or not. They treated them just as the elves and the humans treated them. So do not talk to me of how I am no better than some noble. I am a product of what the elves and humans created. And when we turned dark skinned it was because we turned our backs on the very socity that cast us out in the first place allowing the dark goddess to give us what we needed when others denied us.

You think you know everything just because you have seen the dark ugly side of my people. But what you don't see is the other side of it. As to you breaking me, take all the time you want. Because it won't happen. I don't like you, and I like you even less for striking me when I did nothing to warrent it.
As to my anger let us say that also gives me a power deep inside where it counts. Not even elven mages can access it, I told you I am a priestess of the warrior class and I mean it there are countless spells at my finger tips an words I could speak that would bring death and alot of blood shed. But I keep a type rain on that dark magic that seeths under my skin. Why do you think it took so many tries before you took me out of action."

"And when you claim to tell the truth, you deceive. Eventually, I would have given an order you would not have liked or you saw an advantage in attempting to get the upper hand. Like I said, every drow, even warrior priestesses like yourself, have tried to wriggle their way out of a pledge or promise when they saw a chance. Also, I never threatened to treat you like a dog; I gave you a choice in how you wanted to proceed. And here I thought women wanted the freedom to make choices. It seems I was wrong. Besides, I doubt you would have allowed me to keep you to your part of the bargain without the use of force.

"There is no 'better side' to your kind, no more than there is to any race. You have the comfort to look the other way and think everything with your kind is just fine. I've seen enough to know when someone is putting on superficial virtue to try and cover the stench of mean vices. You're no different. And if you did have such power, why haven't you used it to strike me down at any time? Why didn't you just kill us at the stronghold? Perhaps because your power is not as great as you like to claim. Luck is nothing next to skill after all. And I don't need you to like me into order to break you. That will sort itself out with all the tools I have. If not pain, then the drugs. That opium should be kicking in soon enough and it certainly becomes a habit after a time. If I can't feed it to you, I can always put it in a vein or have you breathe in the vapors. I've seen the dens and it is not a pretty picture when the poppy becomes the only thing in a person's life."

Kyra sighed softly. "Because with that dark power there is always a higher cost when using it. And I do not enjoy killing unless I have no choice in the matter. Death is always the last resort even for a priestess such as myself. Oh sure there are probably more like me that prefer the joy of killing just because they can. But the magic itself exacts a toll eventually on the wielder. Oh believe me their deaths will come, but it will come not from me, but of what they are about to do." With that cryptic statement said she moved on to another topic.

How many times do I have to tell you I answered truthfully I did not lie, but choose what you wish because obviously you think you know me far more than I know myself. But the truth is you don't you arn't me, you don't own my heart, hell you don't even have power over my very soul. So do not presume to know what I would have done or not done. Because now we will never know wither or not I intended to hold what I promised. Because you chained me to the dammed chair."
That was what made her so angry she had given her word to play nice and he had thrown it back in her face oh not in so many words but by his actions. "If it gets to that point I will destroy myself with one of my own spells, no matter the cost to my soul and ensuring it dwells forever with the dark goddess I serve." That was one truth that she was not lying about though one would think otherwise that she wouldn't be brave enough to do a fool hardy thing of that nature. But no one knew the kind of abilities she had.

"You can keep repeating yourself all you want. The fact that you are unable or unwilling to see my perspective says it all. Someone who was truly being honest could at least see where the other was coming from. In that case, perhaps I should leave you in the cellar to think about that."

He picked her up in the chair and carried her down to the basement. He took the time to shackle her ankles to the legs of the chair before coming back with the plate of her dinner and pouring it over her bared legs and feet. "Let's see how well you take to the rats. And let's be sure they have a fair chance, shall we?" He took another vial of opium and pulled it into a syringe, plunging it into her arm and pushing the contents in. "I'll be back in the morning and see if you aren't a bit more compliant then." He turned to go back upstairs, taking the light with him. In the darkness, Kyra could hear the rustling of small creatures getting a smell of the food spilled on her legs and coming closer.

Krya wouldn't give him the satisfaction of hearing her scream when she heard the sound of rustling rats. Near her feet, the opium would set to work again on her. But if he was so knowledgble about her people. Surely he would have taken into account that the drow had very high metabolisms because of their very active life style and had regularly poisoned themselves so that they could become immune to such practices like these. After all the drow were a hated race. In that moment she couldn't have hated him more than now.

But in her hands were glowing tendrils of energy. But sense she hadn't been fed and she had been drugged again the magic would be weaker not stronger and if she tried to use it would drain her life force one of the terrible side effects of such dark magic. Oh but she saw more than she ever wanted to see of that man. You monster, you only see what you wish to see, and even then you are blind as a bat. You are so hard hearted against me speaking the truth of my words than you can't or won't even see them. So be it the next time you come down here I will make sure you see nothing but a drained husk. Becasue I won't allow you to control me, and you will not take my freedon from me, not even in my choices. But when it took effect it caused the drow to pass out, how ever unaware that her magic was still swirling to the point that it was a shadowry storm around her, and the rats well when they touched that dark energy died upon contact, their death only fueling the energy vortex around the sleeping drow as if it was a defense mechanizim. But the problem was it was drain on the female, and it would as she had said take a terrible cost to use.

Caius came down the next morning and carefully checked the door leading to the cellar. He carefully stepped down until he had a vantage point to see how Kyra had fared through the night. Seeing the dead rats at her feet, he surmised she was prepared to do something terrible if he so much as touched her or possibly came too close. So she really went and did it. Pity. Well, perhaps there was a way out of this. Perhaps the energy could only be contained so long. From what little he knew of magic from his time among mages, magic typically needed some amount of concentration and the greater the energy summoned up, the more it took to hold it together and even the smallest thing would break the spell and discharge it. It was all a question of being sure it went somewhere other than him. The drow chose her fate in this way. If she lived, perhaps he could restore her to health. If not, then he was not out much with this willful prize.

He pondered his options and considered an old iron candelabrum. Cold iron was often an item that would absorb magical energy and ground it. The candelabrum likely would be unsafe to handle, but it was an old thing he considered disposing of many times. He decided it might be worth the experiment and brought it down to a point he could throw it into the mass of shadows surrounding Kyra and see what happened. At worst, he'd need to see about a mage about dispelling the magic.

Kyra's shadow magic was eventually grounded, by the cold iron, but by then the damage had already been done by her own magic draining her life. Causing her beauitful skin to go into a unnatural pallor. If she survived this ordeal of hers, the question was would she be a changed person or would she still be the same. The veins stood out against her pale skin...

Caius brought Kyra upstairs and up to a bedroom. He lay her down on the bed and bound her to the bed for her own safety. While she was definitely drained, he would at least see to whether she could be saved. Perhaps this would be his way in with her, molding her from the ground up. He found some healing potions from past exploits and also rigged up a feeding apparatus he had seen a doctor use in a medical tent for those patients who couldn't handle feeding themselves. Porridge to start, then moving to more solid food as the patient recovered. After gently using his potions, all he could do was watch and wait.

Kyra had unintentionally almost killed herself with her own magic, wither that had been her true intent or not. It remained that she had used it only in self defense against the rates before the opium had fully taken effect and made her pass out. Of course the opium had caused intense hallucinations, and nightmares in her sleep. So that even when she thrashed against the chains that had bound her to the chair there had been dried encrusted blood from her trying to fight off invisible enemies.

The healing potions how ever did their work on the female and brought her color back into her skin. It was at this point that her eyes began to move as if she would wake up. But how she would react to being restrained again or seeing the feeding apparatus was something no one really could say for sure.

Seeing that she was waking up, Caius undid her restraints. They were really just there to make sure she didn't hurt herself during her recovery. The feeding apparatus would be unnecessary for now, but he would keep it in case she really did need it. He did take a wet rag to clean up her arms from the dried blood, but he made sure not to open them again.

"How do you feel? Do you think you can keep food down? You did take a nasty turn down there. However, it seems you have yet desire to live. In that case, let's see about making sure you are truly well. Just lie there for now until you feel like moving."

Kyra rolled her eyes weakly at him. "I feel a little woozy from what you gave me last night. As for my stomach being sick no, because I didn't get to eat anything so there is nothing for me to throw up. I might be able to keep some food down. But I won't fully know until I try it if it will stay down or not.
And no I didn't do that on purpose it was a unconsious deiscion and sometimes my magic comes to my defense wither I am able to stop it or not. Even in a weakened condition dark magic exacts a terrible price on the wielder that uses it. Its why I only ever use it as a last resort." She felt to weak to move at this point an the bed felt rather nice, it was much softer then the chair she had been chained to.

He offered her a bowl of warm porridge to start off. Something to see how well she was going to hold down more solid fare, and a decent way to start the morning. "Somehow, I am sure you at least hoped that your attempt would kill me out of some rash action on my part. Anyway, that is behind us and perhaps we can start fresh. Would you like to stay in bed and see what sorts of pleasure you can enjoy being with me? I won't take you just yet, but there is plenty of things we can try before that: kissing, touching. Whatever you feel like experiencing for now."

He doubted she would be fully willing to start being intimate with him, but he'd open the door and see if she would take it as the olive leaf it was intended to be, to get her used to being treated well, rather than having his cruelty. Just to make it more clear that he was willing to be gentle, he removed the circlet from her head as a show of good faith.

Kyra blinked slightly at him, as if she hadn't quite heard him correctly. Did he say that he wanted to start fresh with her, with a clean slate. She knew that she would probably like that alot better than what had happened before. But she had to clear the air about his idea that she had hoped her attempt would kill him. "I thought no such thing when my magic got invoked. Although yes I did think some things about you. But they were not about my magic killing you. Besides if you want to start with a fresh clean slate with me, perhaps it would be nice to start with our names first."

She did hear the rest of what he wanted and though she had a feeling it was his version of peace, she had to admit to some curiosity towards him. "Well I guess staying in bed wouldn't be to bad I do need to regain some of my strength after my magic nearly drained mine away from me. I have never been kissed so that would be very pleasant I suppose." She wasn't sure about the rest because she'd never had experience with touching another person.

But then she turned her attention back the porriage, and slowly began to eat it. She had said more than enough and it was clear she was a still a bit uneasay about having admitted to him that she had no sexual experience. How ever couldn't help but tense up when he reached for the circlet, and only visibly relaxed when he had taken it completely off her in a show of good faith.

She wanted to start with names first. That was fair enough, he supposed. "Caius Wickersham, captain of the Hand and Stars mercenary band." Once the introductions were done and she was done with the porridge, he eased her down on the bed and put his arms around her as he pulled close. He was surprised she was a complete virgin as a warrior priestess, but that just made molding her even better.

He kissed Kyra on the lips, letting her savor the sensation before kissing her repeatedly and then showing her how a kiss could progress with a flash of tongue against her lips and then gently probing into her mouth and bringing her tongue into the mix as well. He let her go slow and get familiar with kissing a man to see where her desires would lead her next.

Back
Top Bottom