Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

..::A Dragons Heart::.. [Gentleman & Ironic]

Ironic

πΏπ‘œπ“ˆπ“‰ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ƒ π“‚π“Ž π‘œπ“Œπ“ƒ 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹
Staff member
A half-breed born from the union between dragon and human, Shyvana searched all her life for belonging. Persecution forged her into a brutal warrior, and those who dare stand against Shyvana face the fiery beast lurking just beneath her skin. Dragonkind considered Shyvana's impure blood an abomination, and she spent her youth pursued relentlessly by one cruel drake. Constantly on the run, she and her father, an outcast dragon, never knew a lasting home. A brutal reflection of countless battles, Shyvana grew hateful and savage. She often took on her drake form, an icy and cold-hearted creature that knew nothing but hate, the only love being shown by her father.

After years of strife, her father finally fell to the other dragon. He had fought hard to ensure protection for Shyvana, gravely wounding his foe just before he fell to take his last breath. The girl was overwhelmed with devastation as the drake took off, fleeing north to recuperate from his damages. She was left to mourn her loss in the cold snowy mountains, her heart enclosed in ice lastingly. Furious with grief, Shyvana pursued her father’s murderer, promising to cease his life as he did to her own blood.

Her nights were spent crying, screaming at the world for its hatred as she trekked the nights alone and exhausted.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”​

Days had passed, her eyes incased in dark circles from sleep deprivation. Without her father’s leadership, she understood just how much she depended on him. The dense torrent of snow covered the trail of the fled drake, making the objective much harsher to accomplish. Religiously she paced through the forest-ridden terrain to stay close to his trail, failing in the end after all.

Feeling defeated, she headed towards the outskirts of the forest, close by the trail as she laid in the snowy pile. The downfall of the cloud-like powder dispersed against her body, her head entombing inside of her arms as she noiselessly wept.

Hooves clicked and clanked on the gravel underneath them, stirring the miserable woman to sit upwards and peer against the spaces within the bushes in front of her. Intently she watched the group of armed men marched upwards. Ridden with fear she quickly stood up, snagging a twig in the process to rattle the bush enough to bring attention.

Shyvana stood still, understanding that if she ran off it would cause more chaos then what was to be intended. Taking in a sharp breath of icy air she protruded from the confines of the forest and hoisted out before the men had a chance to approach her directly, that is if they hadn’t already caught glimpse.

"We.. Are lost.. Zhao.. As lost, as an Ionian, in a Noxian Sewer! How did this happen? He was spotted in the village we left a few days past, heading towards these snowy hills. We've search, basically every bit of this forrest... The Mountain trails, are too treacherous to traverse. We are stuck.. Stuck, with provisions enough for months." A stout, strong voice complained, as he rolled together a large piece of parchment, tossing it towards one of his companions. The strong warrior, clad in his regalia, with added fur around the openings, to combat the harsh weather, slumped down, resting his arms on his knees, shaking his head a few times. His companion, a young warrior, standing proudly behind his Prince, sighed silently.
"My Prince.. We should head home. This hunt, isn't going anywhere. You shouldn't have taken to this venture, in the first place." The young man complained, looking over the forrest surrounding them, as the fire crackled between them. Jarvan shook his head in response, looking behind him, and up at the young man, perched with his spear.
"We can't.. We can not return, without our quary. That Drake has terrorized several villages already, on it's way to.. Who knows where.. It was wounded, which gives us a chance.. But we have no way to track his blood, is this damned snow!" Jarvan growled, kicking a spray of snow to his side, a few specks hitting the fire, fizzling into nothing. "What we need, is a guide.. Someone, who can track it's scent.. Sense it. With this increased Drake activity, we need to consider reinstating our Dragon Slayer branch." Jarvan sneered, looking out into the forrest now as well. Xin Zhao chuckled a single time, shaking his head a few times, as he leaned against his spear.
"You just want to hunt Dragons again.." Zin proclaimed, causing Jarvan to snort.
"Only the ones who terrorize Demazian's Citizens. The Drakes and Dragons in the High Mountains, isn't my concern." He added.

Many years ago, Jarvan had lead a branch of the Demacian Military, tasked with the hunting, and taking down of Drakes and Dragons, encroaching on Demacia's territory. Jarvan was expected to become a fair, and merciful ruler, a kin to his father, and he showed his honor in those days. Giving Drakes and Dragons alike, a choice. If they where sentient, they were given a choice, if they didn't attack first hand. Keep to the Mountains, and only hunt outside Demacian city borders. Leave Demacian lands. Or be destroyed. Jarvan only hunted the Dragons, that terrorized his citizens, and he had no intentions of changing that. But the particular Drake his party was on the hunt for today, was one such Dragon. It had decended upon a small Demacian village, taking a few victims into it's maw, before travelling on. Jarvan didn't doubt, that this was to recuberate for the wounds it had, and he intended to catch it, before it regained too much it's strength.
His party of thirty men, had traveled for weeks now, circling the forrest they where in, for any signs of the Drake, but they'd found nothing. All traces of the Drake, was swept away by the heavy downpour of snow, that'd been upon these hills, for this entire week. They where, indeed, lost.

A few patrolmen twitched, when they heard the cracking of branches, hoisting their weapons in response. One, aiming it's spear towards the bushes the sound came from, the other raising the rifle in his hands.
"State your business in Demacian lands!" The Rifleman demanded, as a woman stepped forth from the bushes. Seconds later, the Spearman by his side widened his eyes, at the sight that befell them, staggering a step backwards.
"Drake!" He warned loudly, causing a hussel in the forrest behind the two, several more soldiers making their presence, all preparing their weapons. It was clear, that every single soldier in this company, now staring down the Drake, felt dread to the bone. But a sense of Iron Loyalty to the Crown, kept them where they where, even staring down what they feared would be their death.
It took only a few seconds, before a hulking figure came running out from the forrest, the ringing of metal against metal sang through the air, as Garen stepped out. His icy blue eyes stared down Shyvana, as he approached, giving no quarter, even with the fear behind those orbs. Garen had learned to respect Drakes, in all their shapes, and this one was different. New. An Unknown. Clearly had the makings of a Drake, but had the figure of a woman. This brought Garen on edge, and he prepared his sword.
"Drake... These are Demacian lands, you are not welcome here.. State your business in these woods.. Are you a follower, of the Drake that attacked Valieeh?" Garen referred to the village, that suffered under the massive Drake Shyvana was also hunting. A common goal.

The Drake female who was in her human form halted her steps, freezing once again as the men shouted in her direction. Standing out from the group was a man who appeared to have softer eyes, ones that did not see Shyvanna for being nothing more than a Drake. Hesitant she would stand her ground, flaring her teeth in a sign of warning and stress.

Attentively she listened to what he said, voice booming with authority. Harshly she would swallow down the knot in her throat while a gust of hot air exited through her flared nostrils.

β€œI am Shyvanna, searching for my fathers murderer.” Low and monotone she spoke, sinking her head down into the grove in between her shoulders. In this form she was outnumbered but could swiftly shift into her Drake form, but no one tried to hard her, at least not yet.

β€œPlease, you have to let me go! I lost his trail about an hour ago, but it’s starting to faintly come back now that the winds have died down! I know nothing of Valieeh and who was responsible for it!” She begged, pleaded, hoping they would let her go about her business without being captured.

Jarvan's camp had been, only a few steps away from the point of spotting Shyvana, and he was there in a matter of seconds, arriving shortly after Garen did, his spear at the ready. Seeing this young woman, who'd been called out for being a Drake, his head tilted. He was the first to let down his guard, raising his spear, to let the back end of it thud into the snow. His composure was calm, and his eyes soft, as he watched Shyvana answer the demands of Garen, stating her name, and her business. Her answer brought a small frown to his lips, unable to imagine the loss of a parent, having still lived a pampered life, even with his days of war, and strife. As she pleaded, however, his eyes narrowed slightly, thoughtful, raising a hand to his chin, the leather palm of his glove stroking his skin, cracking his cold jaw silently.

Garen's eyes, hard and piercing, narrowed inquisitively at the answer he was given. It took a few seconds for him, before he grunted, keeping his sword at the ready, rolling his shoulders a bit.
"You have no right, to hunt vengeance in Demacian lands, Drake. You can travel to the nearest village, and write a report on this murder. Our Authorities will..." Garen was interrupted, as Jarvan stepped forth, putting his hand on Garen's shoulder, pushing him back, and slightly aside.
"She can do that here, Garen.." Jarvan dissmissed, stepping forward, thudding his spear to the ground again, standing tall before Shyvana. He showed no signs of fear, nor disdain in his eyes. Garen sneered at his Prince, taking a step forward, placing a hand on Jarvan's arm.
"Prince.. We have no reason to trust this Drake's words. She could be working for the big guy..." Garen warned, earning him a pair of narrowed, warning eyes, causing the General to take a reluctant step backwards.
"I have to apologize for my General's disdain.. He has plenty of reasons, to hate Drakes.." Jarvan apologized on his General's behalf, as his gaze turned back towards Shyvana. His lips curved a small, welcoming smile, as he looked her over for a second. "But, I don't see a Drake right now. A union, perhaps, but I see a woman. A woman looking for revenge.. You should be able to relate, Garen." Jarvan proclaimed, his smile turning somewhat sour, as he lowered his head towards Shyvana. "My deepest condolences, for your loss, Shyvana, the Half-Dragon.." He gave her a sorry expression, his head still lowered slightly. "I could never imagine the devastation, of such a loss.." Jarvan raised his head again, turning as he raised his free hand to his chest, placing his palm on it.
"I, am Jarvan the Fourth, Heir to the Crown of Demacia, Scion of the Lightshield Dynasty." He introduced himself, nodding his head formally, as he lowered his arm, instead holding it out towards her, with a giving gesture. "I am bestowed the authority, to grant you access to Demacian lands, and allow you to hunt your vengeance upon them. And I will. If your hunt doesn't involve a Demacian Citizen.. And.. If you will tell me.. -What-.. Are you hunting, exactly?" He asked, still sending her the same thoughtful expression, giving no signs of aggression, nor the same disdain as Garen. In fact, there was a kindness to his eyes. He felt bad, for the situation this woman was in. She was clearly alone, on the hunt for something she's lost track of, to avenge something she's lost all together. They, were on the hunt as well. Given that she was clearly a half-breed, between Human and Drake, perhaps the two parties, had the same target?

When the man known as Jarvan took Garen’s place she couldn’t help but stand motionless. He appeared to have even more authority, more power than any man in the group behind them. Should she fear him? The weapon he yielded looked promising as slitting her throat effortlessly, yet she did not falter as his presence. They all knew her true capabilities if she would unleash them, so she essentially had nothing to worry about.

Jarvan though was kind, sincere, and showered her with promising gazes. Garen on the other hand didn’t seem as amused, huffing in distaste at his rulers actions towards a Drake. A weight was lifted off from her shoulders, for once someone having her side. β€œI appreciate your condolences but there is no need for Them. You suffered more loss than so have with your people.” She replies, sharing a sorrowful expression.

β€œI am searching for a Drake, scales as white as snow yet with a grey tint to them. He was gravely wounded thanks to my father, but he still manage to kill him despite his wounds. He fled away, going somewhere down the mountains. Maybe this is the dragon that caused your kingdom dismay.” She pondered on it, connecting the dots as she spewed the words out.

β€œI heard his wings later on that day coming back, but he was beginning to replenish himself. If I don’t find him soon enough then he will be completely healed.” Shyvanna displayed her rows of sharpened teeth, angered at the thought of the damned beast. β€œI’ve noticed we share a common goal. Please, Jarvan, help me cease the life of this bastard. We need justice.” She would take her hand and extended it outwards to him, as if that was the notion that sealed their contract.

Jarvan lowered his head for a moment, in silent thought of those who lost their lives to the Drake who attacked Demacian lands, sending Shyvana a thankful expression. When she mentioned her prey, however, his lips curled a small smile, and his eyes narrowed a bit. Even Garen behind him, as well as the young white haired Spearmen, who'd made his way over to the three, seemed more interested now. White, wounded Drake. The exact description they'd gotten, of the Drake who attacked Valieeh. His head slowly nodded a few times in response, raising his hand to his chin again, stroking his jaw in thought, looking Shyvana over, once again. The Hybrid had the same quary as them, and the ability to track it. She seemed decent, as well as honorable enough, and it gave him a thought. A thought, she very clearly seemed to share, soon reaching out a hand. He lend his eyes towards it, smiling, as he looked back up to her eyes.
"Valieeh was indeed attacked by a White Drake, wounded by a previous battle.. It is no doubt the same Drake, upon who you seek justice." He agreed with her statement, as he raised his spear, putting it in his left hand, as to extend his right, taking her's, causing Garen to narrow his eyes slightly.
"You say you can track this Drake? We lost it's tracks quite a while ago. If you track this creature for us, then you have our spears and arrows. We'll hunt justice together.. For Vaileeh.. For your father." He agreed, his large hand shaking her's a single time. The leather palm of his gloved hands, were strangely warm, in the biting cold, and his handshake firm, yet gentle.

After letting go of Shyvana's hand, he turned his attention towards his men, sending a hand gesture towards the ground.
"Lower your weapons, men, and prepare to head out." He demanded, looking back down towards Shyvana, holding his hand out as a gesture, for her to please follow him. Xin sent Jarvan a questioning look, but was the first to follow his Prince's command, as everyone else did the same.
"Is this wise, Scion? I do not like, putting all our cards in one hand." He questioned, looking towards Shyvana, as Jarvan made his way past the significantly smaller man, as he nodded.
"Maybe not. I have no reason to trust that she can do, what she claims she can, but I am willing to take a chance on this. There is no returning home, until that Drake is out of Demacian lands. One way, or another." He replied, bluntly. In truth, he had no reason to trust Shyvana, but he did. There was something about her, that told him she was trustworthy. He looked back towards her, expecting that she'd follow him, smiling lightly. "In any case, no one should travel these cold lands, on their own." He added, sending Shyvana a single nod, before looking back down to Xin. "Recall the big guy. No need for him to keep tracking, if our new ally here can provide. And he deserves a rest." He requested, causing Xin to send Shyvana a short look, before fetching an orb out of his pocket, squeezing it, as he walked towards some other troops.

All around them, people were preparing themselves, pulling backpacks back on their shoulders, finishing the rest of their meals, as silent chatter went about. Shyvana still recieved quite a few looks. Mixture of fear, and distrust, was embedded in the men, as they made sure to keep their distance. Garen kept close by, still observing both Shyvana, and his Prince, clearly loyal to a fault, having no intentions of letting the two alone, any time soon.
Jarvan reached the fire he'd been perched at earlier, kicking some snow over the flames, to quell their sparks, before he picked up his backback. He turned his gaze towards Shyvana, looking over her clothes for a moment, before turning his gaze down in his backpack. He stabbed the back end of his spear in the ground, keeping it in it's place, in order to shove his large glove into the backpack, raising a thick cloak from it, as his gaze turned back towards the half-breed.
"We have more cold-weather cloaks, if you'd accept it? Or does the weather not bother you?" He asked, sending her a genuine, inquisitive smile.

Shyvanna nodded as the men departed, following behind them and not wanting to get into the way of their uneasiness towards her. She could sense it, it wasn't hard. Sadly she was used to being an outcast and naturally accepted that despite it taking numerous years to adjust. It's been so long since she last had human contact, especially this close. It felt very foreign to her. Jarvan decided to stand close by her, not frightened like the other men around her. A part of her wanted him to leave her alone already but she wouldn't say that. Instead she would try to grow more accustomed to his presence.

"I can tolerate the chilled winds, but I will take the cloak for sleeping purposes. Thank you." She responded before taking it kindly, draping it around her shoulders. The snow crunched underneath each step, her eyes squinting as the sun started to set furthermore. "How long are you and your men debating on traveling before you rest?" She inquired as she watched the sun set, snow still falling down but not as heavy as earlier, but still difficult to distinguish the distance ahead.

Her nostrils flared, attempting to gather a hint of the scent of the Drake. Nothing was coming up until a faint scent of iron stung in her nose. The small hairs on her body stood erect, knowing the scent was from the dragon. He was far away, but a some droplets of blood stuck on a nearby pine tree. "Look." She called over Jarvan before pointing at the evidence. "He was near before, but by the looks of it, it was a while ago. He's still far away, but close enough if that makes sense."

Jarvan nodded, as she accepted his offer of a cloak, throwing the backpack over his shoulder afterwards. "No need to tolerate winds, if there are alternatives, my dear Shyvana. No one here, would frown upon someone wanting warmth..." He chuckled, looking over towards a few of his men, shaking his head a single time, as he stroked his cheek. "We're all freezing our toes off here..." He grunted, with another light laugh, looking back down to Shyvana, as they started walking.
He noticed a squinting of the Hybrid's eyes, looking himself to the sky, and then to a few of his men, walking nearby. They where keeping closer together, huddling, their limbs visibly shaking, as he frowned. Her question turned his gaze back on Shyvana, then to the sun, as he stretched his shoulders.
"We where about to camp, actually. While our Golem searched for tracks." He explained, looking back down to her, with his genuinely kind smile. "But you're oure tracker now, Shyvana. When you can guarantee to me, or at least convince me, that you'll be able to pick up our prey's tracks in the morning again? Then, we can camp." He explained, putting a bit of the pressure, on Shyvana's shoulders. He did not want to rest, before he was certain, that the rest wouldn't just loose them the track completely. They already made that mistake, having lost the tracks completely, when they last rested.

Jarvan walked unhindered through the snow, even for the heavy armor pieces on his body, weighing him down. Each step fell deep into the snow, but none of them where hindered by it. Like an unstoppable object, he waded through the snow, pushing it aside. When Shyvana called for his attention, she got it in full, walking to her side, looking down to the blood, as he narrowed his eyes. He nodded a single time with her question, looking forth, as he set forward again.
"Next blood trail we find, will give us an idea, of the direction. Then, we'll camp for the night." He explained, looking back down to Shyvana, smiling. "You do look like someone, who'se done a lot of travelling, and could use a rest." He teased, his own eyes definitely showing signs of exhaustion as well.

Near them, a flap of heavy wings was audible, and Jarvan turned his attention towards it, as a Golem flew over head, then gliding down towards the side of the two. Jarvan took a pause, letting the massive creature, easily hulking the other travellers with several heads of height, thudding against the snow bellow him.
"I am sorry, my Prince.. I have not traveled lands, as white as these before.. I found no tracks of the Drake, but for broken tree tops, in that direction." The Golem explained, pointing in the direction they where heading, causing Jarvan to smile.
"Galio.. I think, that is more helpful, than you believe.." Jarvan thanked his helpful Guardian, clapping a hand against the other's arm, nodding towards the rear. "Take up the rear, with Holding. We'll be resting soon, and he'll be first watch." He ordered, Galio bowing his head a single time, throwing a short glance towards Shyvana. While others showed fear, and Jarvan showed compassion and kindness, Galio showed nothing. Not a single shred of emotion in the cold stone's eyes, as it turned around, heading towards the rear guard of the travelling group. Jarvan's eyes turned back down towards Shyvana, smiling again.
"Our tracker spotted broken trees. I'd bet my Banner, that we'll find another trail of blood, in that direction. Then, we can find a place to camp, and get ourselves some refreshments." He nodded, before setting off again, letting Shyvana lead the way, with her astute sense of smell.

"You can say that again." Shyvana replied to his comment on looking exhausted, as if the bag under her eyes didn't serve her enough justice. He was beginning to get some too. She could only imagine the weight he had on his shoulders, protecting everyone in his kingdom and himself too. It was a lot of responsibilities to bare, and for a moment she felt sorry for him but soon reminded herself that this was the life he chose. Even if he was born into royalty he could easily have escaped it if he really didn't want to be apart of it. Shaking her head to rid of the thoughts she would look back at him, giving him a nod before trekking down the path, sniffing out the air in search for more blood or signs.

Shyvanna couldn't travel above the tree tops unless she wielded her dragon form, but she would en-stow more fear into the men's eyes, not wanting to put more hatred on her than what she already had. The Golem served its purpose well, depicting the broken tree tops above and she couldn't help but let out a smile, bowing slightly in front of the Golem in thanks. "That was very helpful, thank you kindly."

Pacing carefully, soon in the distance at around a mile from the other blood marking, stood another. It was frozen against the tree bark, the icy maroon droplets still taking their natural droplet shape despite it being solid. "Here's another one. If I can make an educated guess I would say that the Dragon is also going to retreat to a cave and call it a night. If we get up before sunrise that should spare us enough time to get closer to it than we have before."

Shyvana's thanks, directed towards the emotionless Golem, curved a small smirk, across his face, as he continued walking, not looking towards neither of them. Galio showed a small sign of emotion, when he looked a little perplexed with the thanks he was given, as if what he did hadn't qualified for such a statement. As if what he did, was just part of his coding. Jarvan chuckled lightly, as Galio turned towards his new directions, not even sending Shyvana a second eye, as Jarvan looked back towards her.
"He takes his orders very seriously, don't take offence to his silence. He was told to do tracking from the sky, and he did. Being thanked for it, confuses him. Took him a while, to teach me to stop. And.. I still do it, from time, to time. He's an excelent tracker, and a magnificent Vanguard, when he bulks up. He deserves a thank for his services. Even though he doesn't want it." Jarvan explained the silent Golem, as they continued on their way towards the broken trees.

Jarvan grunted slightly, stepping a little higher, carrying his heavy armor those last few steps, before they stepped into the broken tree linen. Even he, could see a few blood stains around the place, when she mentioned them, listening to her advice. He nodded a few times, looking over his shoulder, as he raised his hand.
"Stop, men. We'll be camping out here, for the night. Garen, and Xin, take your men, and secure a perimiter. Galio and Holden, spread out your men, and find vantage points, you have first watch. Nadia? We take second watch." He handed out orders, looking finally at a Lady not far from him, who nodded in response, turning to three others by her side, ordering them to start setting up small tents. "It'll be minimum rest, tonight, people, so find the most comfortable areas to sleep in. You'll need to get as much as you can." He also added, before taking the heavy backpack from his shoulders, offering it towards Nadia, who came over, nodding a single thanks towards her, as he looked back down towards Shyvana.
"Me, and my men, will take care of the watch, tonight. You'll need as much of your energy tomorrow, as possible." He offered, as he nodded towards Nadia's men, starting towards it, while still looking towards Shyvana. "I also have a feeling, that'll you'll be a great asset for us, once we find this Drake. Surviving out here, on your own? That takes some determination, and strength." He complimented, stopping by a small clearing, where Nadia had started clearing out a small area for a fire, as a few of the others where setting up tents.

Jarvan stopped next to the fire, looking towards one of the men. They nodded between each other, and he approached, as Jarvan turned his back on him, starting to undo clamps in his armor, as the man did the same behind him. He looked at Shyvana, as he worked on the armor, individual pieces slowly coming off, revealing a leather outfit bellow it.
"So.. It was just the two of you? You, and your father?" He asked, offering a bit of small talk, with a careful smile. He didn't want to poke in a still bleeding wound, but was overbearingly curious about this lone woman.

Shyvanna wondered why they gave her long and hard stares, as if thanking someone was forbidden, but ti made more sense when Jarvan later explained himself to her. She nodded thrice to show that she was understanding what he was implying, but made no further comment.

She sighed to know that they were finally setting up camp, her body drained and tired from the endless travels. Hopefully tonight she would get a decent rest, even if it wouldn't be for very long. It wasn't very wise of her to keep her guard down in front of Jarvan and his men, but something about Jarvan made her trust him in a way she couldn't understand yet. If anything were to happen she could easily reevaluate herself and be more on the defensive side.

It caught her by surprise when Jarvan was making small talk as Shyvanna was spacing out in deep thought. "Ask anything you want, it won't hurt me." She responded firstly, sensing the uncertainty in his question as he tested his waters as to what was too sensitive for her to discuss. "Yes, it was just us two. My mother was killed when I was younger. She was a human, and for loving a Drake she was executed." Nonchalantly she spoke of the incident, debating on if she should take her own armor off or leave it on.

"And you, how is life in the kingdom?" It was hard to ask him questions, not knowing what was fun to talk about or what shouldn't be brought up.

Jarvan listened with genuine interest, frowning lightly to hear what happened with her mother. He shook his head lightly, sighing with relief as he let his heavy chest armor fall loose, laying it by his side.
"A.. Horrid, racially motivated deed. One, I fear I couldn't even have promised, wouldn't happen in Demacian lands.. People still remember the days, when Dragons and Drakes where both feared, and worshiped. Remember sacrificing their young to them, for their protection. It was in my lifetime, by my decree, those tyrants where taken down. But, in a perfect world, the innocent never suffered. Not all Drakes, and Dragons are alike, and luckily, I've let more of them live, then I've taken down. They aren't all as cruel, and tyranical, as the one we're hunting now. I would've loved, to've met your father." He explained his past, without holding any detail back. He'd been a Dragon Slayer, and he was proud of it. He'd rid Demacian Citizens of much peril, and pain, but he'd done the same for Dragons. He'd even saved a few, undeserving, of the wroth of Demacian Citizens, letting them leave Demacian lands, to find roost on other peaks.

Releiving himself of the final strap of his armors leg paddnig, letting it thud to the floor, he sighed, looking down to Nadia, when she returned with his backpack. He nodded a single thanks, as he set it down by his side, going shortly through it, finding two thick fur blankets. He started kicking snow away, around the fire that was just about ready to set ablaze, making himself a decent plat to sit. He offered over one of the blankets to Shyvana, as he tossed his own over the ground. If she accepted, he let himself thud down on his own rest, sighing softly, as he continued through his bag. He looked up, a bit surprised with her own question, chuckling a single time, as he tilted his head from side to side.
"Hm.. A mixture of a pampered, and exhausting life.. Being both a Leader, a Scion and an Icon to many, is more work than most imagine." He chuckled lightly, with the small complaint, but shrugged his shoulders, before stretching them, letting the leather, and fur, of his inner padding, tighten against his muscles. "But.. I don't want to complaint. I try my best, and it mostly turns out well. Though finding a fine line between Royal duties, as well as my longing to defend my lands, is tough. I wasn't made for the pampered life, inside the halls of our Capital. I was made for.. This." He explained, looking around on the men surrounding them, preparing small tents, and setting up perimeter. "Fighting.. Is, what I do best." He added, chuckling a single time, as he turned his eyes back down on his backpack, finding a few rations inside.

He turned his gaze back on Shyvana, offering a ration of food, containing dried meats, bread and vegetables. It was nothing fancy, but it contained everything a soldier could need, on the field. The meat was practically tasteless, the bread being the most satisfying part.
"How long have you been out here? You, and your father? On your own, travelling?" He questioned, taking out a ration for himself, starting with the meat, knowing it gave the most for his sore muscles. Nadia arrived with the last few branches, nodding to Jarvan as she did.
"You can start it up. I'm going to lay down immediately." She explained, heading to one of the prepared tents, her eyes heavier, and more tired than Jarvans. The Prince nodded, allowing it, as he turned his attention back towards Shyvana, searching around his backpack, for something to light the fire with.

Shyvanna would take the blanket that he offered, a small smile creeping on her lips in thanks before mimicking his actions with his own blanket. It was soft and made her feel a warmth she hadn’t in a while, subsiding the need to lay down and snuggle with it. Attentively she listened to him answer her question, nodding whilst trying to put herself in his shoes though it wasn’t working out so well.

β€œI am sure royalty had its perks but a lot of downs too as you explain it.” She responded, surprised to hear that he would rather be outside camping in tents and eating tasteless food than be kept up in a castle with exquisite dinners and pampered beds. β€œIt still makes me scratch my head at why you want this lifestyle. But to each their own.” She shrugged, giving up on trying to understand that different style of life.

Hesitantly she took what Jarvan has given her to eat, sniffing it out of instinct before placing the meat in her mouth that looked like spam onto her awaiting tongue. It was better than eating nothing, slowly chewing it to make herself not eat it so fast. He was right, the bread was the best part. She would strip away a piece as she pinched off some meat, combining the two together. It twisted even better. β€œThank you for keeping me company and for providing me warmth and food... you didn’t have to.” She lowered her head, almost feeling like a nuisance right now.

β€œWe have had nowhere to call our home. The land of Drakes forbidden is since my father cared for his half breed daughter, no human would interact with us, instead attempt to slay us. I’ve had many try to steal me away for my rarity for trading purposes. So, we’ve been travelers since I could even remember. I don’t know what it’s like to have a home.”

He nodded at the mention of the downs of royalty, grunting a short chuckle, reminiscing quite a few of them, at that moment. He didn't like complaining about his position, knowing a lot of people would sacrifice their arm, to have what he had. But that was the main problem. So many people, expected his position to be flawless. That he could just lounge away, and enjoy his vast wealth. While he could, it'd make him a horrible leader, and go completely against his own goals. He wanted to make a safer, and better Demacia, for future generations. He didn't do that, from his couch.
Her mention of the lifestyle, made him shrug his shoulders, looking around the forrest.
"It has it's charms. I enjoy the outsides. But it isn't as much the lifestyle, as it's what I can do, from out here. Taking down the threat we're hunting, get's revenge for those who lost, and keeps other's safe in the future. It won't mend the wounded, nor bring back the dead, but it'll still do it's part, for a better future." He chuckled at himself, shaking his head as he took another bite of his bread. "I'm sounding all poetic here, going to stop that, before my Librarian comes hunting me, to compliment me." He stopped himself, laughing, as he continued eating.

Her thanks made him smile, nodding a single time.
"You're welcome. You looked like you needed it. That, and sleep." He admitted, chuckling a single time, sending her a saying expression. He'd meant no offence with his words, just being honest, with a woman who looked like she'd seen better days. And it seemed, Shyvana hadn't seen that many. Listening to the tale of her past, he frowned lightly, nodding a few times. He shook his head as she finished, sighing as he swallowed one of the last bits of his meat and bread.
"I am sorry to hear that.. I could never imagine, how hard that kind of life must've been." He first admitted, looking up to her. He could never put himself in her shoes, and he wasn't even going to pretend that he could. She'd lead a difficult life, especially compared to his. "Hope that you'll find one, eventually. Everyone deserves a place to call home.." He added, looking down to his food again, as he looked thoughtful, pouting his lips a bit, before he looked back up to her again.
"When we've caught our prey.. Which I do not doubt that we will, nor do I doubt that we'll defeat him.. What then? Have you considered, what you'll do now?" He questioned, curiously, as he finished the last of his bread, as well as the dried vegetables and meat, putting the empty bags into a larger one, offering it over towards Shyvana, to put away leftovers and trash when she was done.

It was interesting to listen to Jarvan describe his lifestyle, intrigued that someone with such power chose to live his days out here to make a different to his kingdom. β€œYour people are lucky to have you as their ruler, Jarvan.” Bluntly she started before taking a bite of the last of her meal. β€œPeople want someone who will help with the struggles, not just watch them and give orders.” Tucking her legs in she would sit Indian styled, resting both hands on her thighs.

His next inquire to her was difficult as she honestly didn’t have an explanation to it... let alone think that far ahead. β€œTo be honest I haven’t went that far. I figured I was fighting this battle alone and would die trying. I’ve learned to accept death over these last few weeks.” Shyvanna didn’t mean to come off as a pessimist type of individual, she was just stating her opinion on the outlook of the situation.

β€œBut now that I have you guys to accompany me, anything is possible. I’ll probably continue to venture out into these woods. I don’t nevessarily have a home to retreat to.” This wasn’t a shocker to her as she had never been welcomed anywhere, nor did she try to search for it.

β€œAnd you, what are your plans after the victory?”

Jarvan sighed, after finishing his meager dinner, and sat himself down proper, on the blanket he'd placed on the ground. Leaning back, he rested on his elbows, as Shyvana complimented on his rule. He nodded a single time, smiling.
"Thank you. It is always nice to hear, someone agree. Father.. Doesn't quite see it that way.. And, I can see his point of view. A Kingdom does need someone, to sit behind, safely, and oversee things. But, he often forgets, that he was just like me, in his youth. And when I grow old, I can take that role as well. Until then, I have plenty of advisers, that I trust wholeheartedly." He agreed with himself, showing conviction in his decision. It wasn't quite his time, to sit back in his Palace. Not yet.

Jarvan watched Shyvana as she talked, taking a moment to discreetly appreciate her beauty. While the others saw only the Drake in her, he saw a young woman. Surely, a unique one, but he'd always appreciated unique features in a person. Shyvana -was- beautiful. That others might disagree, just because of her origin, was ludicrous to Jarvan.
A small smile crept up on Jarvan's lips, with her explanation, nodding his head a few times, as he looked down to the fire between them.
"-When- we defeat him.. I'd advice you to consider searching for such a place.. A home. Everyone deserves a home, and when we defeat this beast, in unison? I'll make sure that tale, is spread wide in Demacia. I think you'll find, that news spread quickly here, and that people will be less likely, to treat you as you've been treated in the past." He explained, sending a small smile as he looked back up, nodding a single time. "That, will be my gift to you. As a thanks, for you assistance." He offered. He wanted to offer her more. He wanted to -give- her a home, but he wasn't sure he could. He could invite her to join him to the Capitol, but he didn't quite feel, that he knew her enough for that. Not yet, at least. Maybe the coming day, or days, would change that.

He next question, had Jarvan look a little thoughtful, pouting his lips a bit, as he sat himself up again, looking over to the half-breed.
"I am actually glad, that you ask me that, Shyvana." He started, reaching up to itch his chin gently. "My original plan.. Was to give an order, to have the beast we where hunting, scavenged. I wanted to take the riches of his scales, and blood. I wanted to use this treasure, to help rebuild Valieeh.. Help pay for the damages, with the very skin of the beast, that took so many lives. I'd also like to grant the City an expansion permit, as well as a price, to help them becoming bigger. Stronger. I Valieeh is fairly close to the neighboring Kingdom, and they deserve a better chance to defend themselves. I also plan to set up trade routes with the neighboring kingdom, and have them originate from Valieeh.. All of this, requires gold.. Gold, this Drake could give us." He explained his original plan, with some hesitance, looking over Shyvana for her reaction to it, but adding the last, before she could speak.
"However.. Seeing as you weren't part of the original plan, I am willing to avoid this. If it would not make you comfortable, then it will not be done.. I would never desecrate the bodies of your kind, if they did not prove to be a Monster, like the one we are hunting. I have buried a few Drakes in the past, stripping nothing from them. Honored their death. But the amount of death, and destruction this Drake has caused... It stripped him of all rights, for an Honorable death.. At least, in my books. The only thing he deserves now, is to repay the deaths he has caused, with his body." He explained his stance on the situation, before letting her share her's. It was clear on Jarvan, that her opinion on this mater, made a difference. One's body being stripped for parts, was the biggest disgrace, and if she did not want that upon any of her kind, even the murderer of her father, then Jarven would not do it. She was a part of this, now. She got a say in it.

"I wholeheartedly appreciate that, Jarvan." Shyvanna responded to his comment on giving her a good name so not many would fear her like they do now. "It may be hard to convince those who are stubborn with their own thoughts about us Drakes, especially a halfling, but I appreciate any help I can get. All I've ever wanted was a place to go without being discriminated. I sure do hope you can help grant that to me." A smile crept on her lips, showing rows of pearly whites to show her appreciation to what he will do for her.

Intently she listened to his own response, taking in the details of what he would do to the Drake that caused Valieeh heartache. She stayed silent until she knew he was finished explaining himself before coming up with a response herself. "Honestly Jarvan, I want you to mutilate this Drake as much as you can." It was harsh, her response, but she was being honest. "I am taken back by your kindness in considering my feelings." She admitted, still not accustomed to such generosity.

"This isn't an ordinary Drake. He lives off of chaos and destruction; mutilation. Maybe I am more bitter due to him slaying my father, but I want the worst imaginable to happen to him." The air coming out from her nostrils grew hot, the condensation in the air more foggy from it. "Please, you have my blessing to take what is his to repair the damages that he costed you and your people. He has no respect from me and shouldn't receive any six feet under."

"I'm glad we had this talk. It was needed, and even though we've only just met a few hours ago I can already tell that you're a kind ruler and a compassionate friend. I am blessed that fate allowed our paths to cross." Another smile against her lips before nestling into her blanket, lids growing heavy from sleep deprivation. "I'm going to rest my eyes, but please do not hesitate to wake me if you need anything before the morning comes." And with that she drifted off to slumber.

Back
Top Bottom