Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Digimon - Dreams of a Dark World [OOC]

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
This is the Out of Character discussion/Planning thread for the open roleplay. Here questions and answers can be shared between myself, inquiring/potential players, and answers can be provided both myself and active players within the roleplay. It should be noted here that as an Open Roleplay, you do not need an invitation to put in a character application and join the roleplay. At any given time, feel free to put a character together and do just that. I will, however, ask that you look around and read at least this post of this thread and the first post of the character thread before starting your first character. Open Roleplay doesn't mean it's a roleplay without rules and there is some concern about maintaining the entertainment value of the RP for everyone. Kinks shouldn't be forced onto anyone. This doesn't mean forced can't happen, but some OOC discourse between the involved players should occur ahead of time. Nobody should find their characters forced to engage in their Hard No's. Even Digimon have their limits, the ability to warp time, or completely obliterate either the real or digital world will not be allowed.

Plotwise? This will be character-driven. In a roleplay largely following humans away from home in a world that isn't their own, it's understandable if we find characters that are on the quest of returning to the human world. Maybe they miss their friends or family. As Digimon, it's understandable if it's their quest to change the digital world(for better or worse, subjectively) or to help their friends or to prevent others from changing the digital world. I, myself, will be playing three characters out of the gate. My human character, Luko Fuji. His objective is to escape this dangerous and strange world alive so he can return to his normal life. BlackAgumon will be his partner, he wants to find a place to call home where he no longer has to hurt others so he can just survive. A place where he can just be himself. And Cherubimon, a villain. Cherubimon can easily serve the role of a big bad morally incorrect digimon that other characters will struggle against. It will be his goal to corrupt the digital world and bring an end to the Vaccine-typed digimon who is resistant to and can deal great damage to Virus-types like himself. In a world without those winged hypocrites, he imagines his kind will be free to rule over Data-types the way they deserve to. They can finally escape the cycle. Feel free to write good or bad digimon or humans or both. If you'd like to write your own big bad character, that's available too. Freedom is very important here.

Whats your stance on original digimon, digievolutions, or combinations like assuming armor digivolves are allowed say original combinations for that as an example?

I think that original digimon can be fine under two conditions:
1) They can't be too absurdly out of the norm. They can't whip around an arsenal of weapons that are uncounterable, they have to be recognizable as a digimon. They should be Vaccine, Data or Virus types, and they have to fit the In-training, Rookie, Ultimate, Mega (Or armor) stages. Original combinations like Armor or even custom Jogress digis are fine too.

2) As a digimon likely entirely without media to give those enjoying the roleplay a good idea of what they're playing alongside of or directly against, the responsibility for writing a detailed enough application for said digimon will understandably be larger for those writing original digimon. You'll be asked to provide as many examples and a depth of writing about their appearance as possible to make up for that lack of readily available media. Example? If I'm playing against someone's Alphamon, I have the scenes from Tri and X-Evolution I can look up on youtube/watch that movie for. If someone invents HyperorginalOCdonotstealmon, I really only have their ability as a writer to guide my imagination down the correct path of enjoying my time playing with their digimon in this roleplay we're all meant to enjoy. This makes sense, right?

To summarize. I'm open to it, but there will be an understandable increased responsibility on said players to work a little harder on their applications.

We really just need one more player to contribute character applications to the Character Profiles thread and I'll start up the IC. Though, I'd definitely prefer to see at least two more before I can be confident that we'll have an active cast of writers. Don't be afraid to write more than one digimon or more than one human character while you're at it. I'll happily wait until we have the players we need. This time, I'm not going anywhere. I promise.

Im totally up to rp this......thinking of making a british royal who gets lost and has no partner digimon.

I would love some feedback on the character I posted in the profiles. Can even have her know one or two even if it is just through the internet from gaming or forum rp sites.....perhabs a blueish moon site that is really naughty that the princess was on.

Princess Kitty Elizabeth Mary

Last edited:
I really like the character, myself. I'm very curious how her dynamic will work with my human character.

Thanks was waiting to see if her backstory was okay....didnt want to start posting as her or the npc which I figure is a minor baddie who can get killed off by a group......nothing says rehashing his evil earlier days of the anime isnt possible XD

If we're in the mood for rehashing, we'll need someone with an Angemon... lol.

Yeah, the backstory is fine and I can appreciate having someone with a more grounded/earthly history from the human world joining the cast of the RP. My character's backstory does little to bring in the notion that he can't just find a home in the digital world. And hey, feel free to write Devimon as an NPC to your heart's content. And this goes for other people looking to have scenes that might be difficult without a few short-span digimon to throw in here or there.

Sure ill make an npc sheet for others to post as if they want....i can introduce him in my intro post....thinking he has a floating island...could be over the desert atm with one of his goons causing issues.

That sounds like a solid plan to me. If he's in the area of the desert, then having that conflict be early and having our characters meet up so soon will help give us stuff to respond to together.

Hello, everyone, I had an idea for a digidestined. Hoping to jump in and play with you all soon, assuming you don't mind. I still have a little work to do, like pick a partner for her. Looking forward to rping a bit with you all!

Added my character to the character thread. Any digimon suggestions you think would match her well feel free to suggest. I'll also come up with a villain to use against anyone who wants that. And any feedback or ideas on Sophia would also be welcome. Looking forward to having her get involved and hopefully attacked XD

Last edited:
I'll work on my post right now. It's almost funny to think of them being scared and running away from Sophia, considering she is too busy looking up at the castle to even notice them yet.

Speaking of news,
I am actually getting married on Saturday next week-end so the 21st till the 25th, Zeth if he joins and my posts will be missing most likely on those days.

Sorry about the delay in posting a profile. Should I play as my own Digimon partner or do we play each-other's partners (in which case does anyone want to be my partner?)?

We have been playing our own. But I guess if someone wanted to play yours you could work that out with them.

I say you have two options. You could leave it open and just hop in with your boy or you could just cover it yourself. Like IAmL said, we've been playing our own. But, by no means is that a requirement and I would encourage you to pick the option that you'd enjoy more. I might even be a little more interested to see another player joining the RP that might only wanna play a digimon decide to play your partner digimon. That'd be very intriguing.

I actually might be changing up Sophia's digimon. SnowAgumon is an interesting partner, but I'm thinking of changing it up to something classic (considering no one else touched it) and go with Salamon/Gatomon/Angewoman/Mastemon. Unless anyone objects to that. It's mostly to match gender to Sophia, but also to open up some potential digi-smut stuff against the Angewoman (or the Gatomon, I'm not gonna judge, that tail after all). Plus... the girl deserves a puppy guardian partner. :p

Still figuring out the easiest way to switch it in the rp though.

Back
Top Bottom