Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Glory of the Roman Empire

Magician

Conjurer of dreams
The idea
The concept that I want to check with you all is rather simple. Idea is to simulate historical (not necessarily 100% historically accurate) life of Romans citizens during the height of the Republic. Interaction is meant to exist between members of one or two families, but if more people are interested additional families can be implemented. Two major families that I wish to implement are Familia Iulia and Familia Aurelia. Familia Iulia has very strong political influence and most prominent government officials belong to this family - being part of it can be done via blood or adoption. Familia Aurelia has less political influence but is considered wealthiest in Rome and their donations and public projects funded from their pockets granted them popularity among the general population. Third possible family, belongs to Familia Scipia, a family with finest trained soldiers, having their own Legion which has served as one of the protectors of Rome. Their popularity is on the rise, even more so as they provide entertainment in form of gladiatorial combats. Even their soldiers, free men, volunteer to experience glory of Coliseum.​
There is no set 'endgame' and story will not become closed once it starts. More people can join at any point.​

Roles

There are no strict and fixed roles here and everyone is given freedom to chose role they think suits them best. Some of the roles include: Senators, government officials, soldiers of profession - centurion, general, brothel owners, slave trader, slave, servant, courtesans, gladiators, traders and many more.​

Interaction

Everyone can interract with anyone. That interaction can be friendly or hostile as long as players agree on that hostility. Of course, this kind of setting could not be imagined without a little bit of naughty side. And by 'little' I mean quite a lot. Interaction could be fixed (if two players decide so) or it can be left to go with the flow. Everyone wants something in this world and that can be achieved via diplomacy, intrigue, subterfuge, bribe or sex. Every character can interact with any other character... naturally a two members of different House must still keep it a secret. Bigger gap in social status means higher requirement for secrecy - forbidden fruits are always the sweetest.​

Kinks

Consensual, non-consensual, BDSM, dominant, submissive, master-slave, master-servant, incest, interracial (especially if some slave is black), romance, public, group (three, four or orgy if enough agree to it), male/female, male/male, female/female. Limit here will be those kinks that players do not agree to and of course all standard rules of the site apply here without exception.​

Yea, but it's Rome, political intreage and power struggles is going to be a part of economic, soical, and political life at the higher levels.

Instead of a mercenary, can you not be a direct member of House Scipia? Someone who traveled the world and is now returning home to put their talents and abilities for use by their family then? That seems a good compromise to me on these points.

I could but I kind of want to play a separate agent from the family blood ties, it gives me a capacity to act as a wildcard in this game.

In that case, forget family affiliation. Just be a high-ranking soldier and choose alliances as you go?

I still want to play the mercenary angle. I guess I'll just start out as coming to the city with my letters of introduction and then see what work I can find and just work for whatever family hires me.

Nice work! I'll hold off on choosing a family, though Iulia is pretty much ruled out due to size. Shame, since it was the initial concept, but I can make him work in Aurelia or even Scipia.

I am afraid my character might be too old to be BennyQ’s character son. As a Questor, he would have to be at least 30. Depending on BennyQ’s character age I could be a nephew or cousin where BennyQ’s character is head of the entire family.

A character sheet has been posted in character profiles, and it is tracking who is where. Iulia has a head of family, a second wife, and 2 other males. Aurelia has a head and a daughter.

I would like to keep unafiliated people at minimum. Point is to belong to one of three families.

Also, for Cadmus, I would prefer if you added a face claim. I do not mind this as general look but his face is also required.

What is the general role of women in our version of Roman Society at this time? Not that one or more of us might not push the envelope but I am thinking what is the accepted baseline. (Perhaps we should consider an OOC thread as well?)

I'm back on this forum after a long absence, and I must admit I like the idea of an Ancient Roman RP.

If there is still room for more characters, I'd like to play a member of House Iulia, most likely a soldier or bodyguard in service to the family as opposed to a straight-up politician.

Or alternately be a Centurion aligned with House Scipia.

I know my character will certainly be religious.

Would the option if playing a non-Roman who is adopted into one of the families be possible?

@LeaT
I was thinking about that. It comes down to historical accuracy vs limitation and woman's position in Rome was liberal but not on same level as man. However we do not need to follow it through so I would say that male-only positions would be that of a Senator and military. For other government positions... I think we can be a bit more lenient and give some freedom in that regard.

@Hawkeye
I think there is still place in House Iulia.

@Rivine
It would be possible.

Magician, any thoughts on your char's age, personality? I am currently leaning toward an Aurelian brothel owner, which seems to fit their theme.

I am afraid my character might be too old to be BennyQ’s character son. As a Questor, he would have to be at least 30. Depending on BennyQ’s character age I could be a nephew or cousin where BennyQ’s character is head of the entire family.

There were two Iulia brothers, older and younger. My character is the son of the older, yours is the son of the younger. Cousins. Works with you? My character will be 41 and probably hold the rank of Praetor, a judge/commander in Italia.

There were two Iulia brothers, older and younger. My character is the son of the older, yours is the son of the younger. Cousins. Works with you? My character will be 41 and probably hold the rank of Praetor, a judge/commander in Italia.
Perfect! I will post my character sheet in couple of minutes!

Aurelian (or other?) younger/youngest son who is expected to make something worthy of himself, but in fact, basically does not want to. He's pretty much only interested in a few things, the main one being an obsession with gladiators, training to acquire those skills for himself (only thing he's ever worked hard at in his life,) and the insistence that upon coming of age, (just has or just about to?) he is himself going to fight in those games. Second interest, debauchery, mainly involving lots of wine and, well, gladiators. Or whoever, really, given substantial wine. So, family reactions ranging from real fear for him to plain embarrassment, to 'Just let him go fight if he wants to so badly. He'll either get over it after a time or three, or die. Either way our problem is solved.' So, interested, please let me know what you think. TY!

All, I am sorry but I hav been on travel for past 2 weeks and for quite awhile to go for work and I don’t have reliable internet. So I am going to drop out of the game rather than slow everyone down. I think it will be a great RP, wish you all lick

Back
Top Bottom