Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallout: Chilled North (Interest)

Dark_Fire27

Super-Earth
War... War never changes. Despite the Great War believed to take place down below, the northern neighbor of what remains of the United States, Canada, wasn't completely unscathed by the effects of the nuclear attacks brought about in the south. Many places have become abandoned, or their residents were slowly killed off or ghoulified from the radiated air. Like the Red, White and Blue down south, Vaults did exist up north, however, the numbers were fewer, yet were designed to handle even the colder winters that blow in. Only fifty known CAN vaults were created by Vault-Tec, and only 10% of them were built for controlled environments and living conditions; the remaining vaults were designed with various experiments in mind, few of which were just cruel, others more tame, though overall, the residents were promised an escape from the exposed air filled with potentially dangerous radiation. Even when the war had come to a close, when the people began to leave their respective vaults, they sought to rebuild what had been lost.

Due to the more chilled air of the north, Deathclaws are more scarce to come across, however, survivors that sought to claim anything and everything, Raiders, were plentiful and many. Similarly, Super Mutants and Nightkin aren't common to come across, although they can be seen from time to time. Most typical creatures have survived the war, either within the vaults with their owners, or have found refuge on the surface; many above carry scars of what occurred in old. In addition to what does exist, being further north, new creatures have mutated due to the radiation; beavers are no longer as timid as they once were, and their teeth are sharp enough to not only chomp through wood, but also flesh and bone if the chance arises. Experiments and DNA splicing created new creatures as well... Some far more docile than others, though few will attack if they are able to pick up on an unprepared wanderer.

This story takes place to the pacific coast, within the Rocky Mountains region, being home to four of these vaults, CAN Vaults 27, 32, 9, and 4, with vault 27 being one of the few 'control' vaults within the great white north. In Canada, factions such as the NCR, Brotherhood of Steel, the Enclave, and others, are incredibly rare, or do not exist at all, though new factions, such as the FCA (Frost Commando Armada), considered the equivalent to BoS, and the Winter Shadows, are what exist up north. The Winter Shadows believe in unification with the broken-down Canada with the States down south, and will attack anyone that does not share those beliefs. Slavers, mercenaries, convicts, drug addicts... they all exist as well. The FCA has been defending Vancouver's best interests, as well as all of Canada in groups, but the sheer power of the WS have been seeking aid from various sources down south; it's only a matter of time before technological prowess will overcome the FCA... Is unification truly the answer, or is it for the best that the two countries remained separate from one another even after the war's end? Canada possesses many untouched resources that the states have lost from the impact of the war. Time is ticking down towards war... After all, war never changes...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a rough idea, more than anything. May need to be refined and added onto; it's not perfect, many errors may be present, as I am not a full-on expert of all of the Fallout franchise. The only games I've really played are 3 and New Vegas. If anyone managed to play through, and survived the rage-inducing, freezing-prone Operation AnchoRAGE (see what I did there?) expansion of Fallout 3, then the setting is roughly more or less the same, being in snowy mountains, but with the addition of all the known mutated creatures of the games, some new, some returning, and so forth. May need ideas on how to expand on this, such as, but not limited to, vault experiments for 32, 9 and 4, creatures of the mountains and the few rolling hills (maybe even subspecies of existing ones?), weaponry potential... I'm open to suggestions on how to expand on this, to make it sound more 'complete' than what I've got. Different faction names too, if the ones I've provided are... well, bad. Message me privately or express your honest thoughts here; either or is fine.

Back
Top Bottom