Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Merc and The Hunted

Alba Zeno

Meteorite
Tora Fiba tried in vain to get the dried blood out of his black hair as he entered Xian City. He pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket as he walked through the slums of the city and ignored groups of beggars that were everywhere and the greedy eyes of would-be thieves. He sighed and flashed his dagger, causing them to flee. He rolled his eyes and approached a tall building that looked better than all the rest with impressive gold trimmings and multicolored smoke coming from a chimney.

"Oh, so you lived through another job huh? Mercenary jobs used to be something to get rid of the weaklings like you." The door guard remarked as he crossed his arms and let out an overly dramatic sigh.

Tora gritted his teeth and pushed past the guard "I guess we're not all as easy to kill as you." He ignored the humorless laugh from the man and walked deeper into the building, passing a laboratory, training ground, weapon shop, and bar. He stopped for a moment before entering a room with two large doors and was immediately hit by a small bag of gold. Behind a desk, the guild master, an old blind man was staring at him and the crumpled paper suddenly burned in midair. Tora glared at the man, took the gold, and left while counting it, growing more and more frustrated at the pay as it was less than the reward said and the guild took taxes from them

'Guess I'm going hunting tonight... bastards always taking more than half the reward for themselves...' He bought a bottle of liquor in case he needed fire and left the city. Heading into the woods, he wasn't able to find any game worth chasing. He was out for an hour before hearing the sound of rapid footsteps. He rushed towards the sound and found an injured girl fighting a pack of vicious Sotlins, managing to kill two when the third rose its ax to finish her. Tora rushed forward and slashed with his dagger, a trail of light coming from the blade

"You chose the wrong day to mess with me!" He growled and kicked the feet from under the beast and plunged his blade into its throat. He spat on its body before turning to the girl "Now to the subject of you."

Back
Top Bottom