Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Twisted Tales: The Board Game

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twisted Tales: The Board Game
Characters | Game
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the out of character thread for Twisted Tales: The Board Game.
Questions, comments, game discussions, should likely all come here.
I'll likely end up using this as a general information hub as well, if any in-roleplay "rules" come up, like, no cheating to make you dice land on certain sides. As well as images of the board in question (if one ends up being made to track progress).

Last edited:
Alright. My gal -- if we don't go with a group theme as suggested -- I'd likely setup as the one throwing the board game night together. Be it from a message posted in ye locale board game shoppe window, or friends she messaged, I'd probably leave up to everyone else.

... It just became stupid hot here. It may take me a day or two before my brain unmelts enough to write the intro.

As a side, toss the question out there. We want to have some actual dice rolling going on, or more leave it up to fluff so people can try to cheat and what-not?

Alright, I've gone ahead and tossed up the opening post to start getting the ball rolling. I decided not to jump -right- to the game so as to allow people to get characters written/stuff settled/etc... Since I knew not everyone had a character up yet and didn't wanna rush anyone either!

I left it open as to how you got there: got a direct text (i.e. friend of Katie's), or saw her social media post, or her gaming shop flyer. In terms of other people's characters having connections to one another, feel free to hash that out here. :3 (Since I'm treating Katie as more an NPC, feel free to do whatever in terms of connections with her if you desire.)

@Incuboss: Hmm... that sounds like a plan. I suppose we'll see how things go at the start and go from there.

@Princess_Kaylin: Hopefully I can live up to the hype. x3. No rush, though, and Zeth can consider any character pre-approved for sake of jumping in when he's ready.

Edit: Oh, huh... my usual responding to people method apparently tags people now. I did not know that. It does add a thought that if anyone wishes me to do any kind of tagging (like tag everyone off each main thread update), do let me know.

Alright so I have an idea for a character based on what we got. Let me know what you think. Bear with me because I’m typing this from my phone. MC is not typically a board game person; he’s gonna be very extroverted and domineering. I’m thinking he might be Katie’s brother or step-brother. He initially will start off with 0 interest in board games, but somehow his sister or whoever gets him to agree. The reasoning for it can vary; maybe a friend of hers has a crush on him, maybe she just really wants to show him it’s fun, there’s a lot of possibilities.

I’m seeing him as being really frivolous, charismatic, and macho. I think he will be a good counterbalance to the characters thus far and create a nice group dynamic.

Zeth, I've added your character to the roster. :3
Kaylin: Reply when you can, I certainly understand how life can get in the way... a lot.

@Incuboss: That sounds like it could be interesting to me. He'd likely get a message as Katie's sibling, and I'd lean more toward step-sibling myself. Would he require some convincing from the get-go, or would we assume since he's there, he kind of already was convinced and agreed?

Ah ha! I burned the midnight oil and got a post in before Kaylin. Ryan has dibs on a beer!

I think probably he'd already have been convinced and kind of "lets get this over with" about it, and we can always do flashbacks to whatever she did to convince him.

I decided to go with a character I made for a couple of other RPs that never got off the ground and I never got to use him much. Hope ya like him; thought he'd tilt the character dynamics a bit.

Sorry about that delay~~Life. I'd meant to respond yesterday to everything. Pff. I sort of strung everyone's arrival together in my reply, do let me know if there was, like, supposed to be a bigger gap between say, Cher and Ryan, or those two and Penny!

@Zeth: I wouldn't have minded if you just went ahead and replied. A bit of idle back and forth should be fine.
@Incuboss: It looks good. I've added you to the roster, feel free to reply whenever. ^.^ We can try hasing out what she offered, if you'd like, here?
@Princess_Kaylin: Just to make sure, was your 2nd to last paragraph meant to be blanked out / ignored, or was it merely an issue of colouring and skins? I use the white skin so I'd almost missed it even being there and just wanted to make sure it was supposed to be part of the post (so I know for the future). x3.
@ChrisGabriel: ... Because I said something to everyone else, and, uh, um. Hi!

Edit: I hadn't made any decisions on the type of tokens used for the game. So feel free to make up grabbing whatever. I'll describe the board itself in my next post. I just don't have the brain tonight to try writing up some rhymes and a good board description. If anyone includes bits and pieces in their next reply, I'll be happy to roll with it. I figure we can do this a bit like Jumanji, rather than 'roll to see who goes first' or deciding who goes first, we just sort of do it in a 'whoever replies first to the game getting started post' is the first person to take the turn (or I can have Katie be the one to take the leap, if that's preferred).

@Princess_Kaylin: Alright. Let me know if I do accidentally miss anything in the future, I'll try to keep an eye out but knowing me I'll post half-asleep sometime and utterly miss something. x3.

@Incuboss:I do not, presently. I guess we should boil it down to what would it have taken to convince him? Sufficient pestering, something monetary, a promise of an unnamed favour at a later date, something more risque?

Decided to embrace the source material a little there. A bit of a long response, so I didn't have Katie jump in with the first turn as it'd have added, easily, another two or three paragraphs. First person who wishes to may make their move, or when I reply again I'll have Katie do so reluctantly.

If it's not too late, would you mind if I joined you all? I can throw up a character and have her show up just as everyone is about to start. Jumanji is amazing, and this smut version sounds like a great time. :D

Edit: I hadn't made any decisions on the type of tokens used for the game. So feel free to make up grabbing whatever. I'll describe the board itself in my next post. I just don't have the brain tonight to try writing up some rhymes and a good board description. If anyone includes bits and pieces in their next reply, I'll be happy to roll with it. I figure we can do this a bit like Jumanji, rather than 'roll to see who goes first' or deciding who goes first, we just sort of do it in a 'whoever replies first to the game getting started post' is the first person to take the turn (or I can have Katie be the one to take the leap, if that's preferred).

@Princess_Kaylin: Alright. Let me know if I do accidentally miss anything in the future, I'll try to keep an eye out but knowing me I'll post half-asleep sometime and utterly miss something. x3.

@Incuboss:I do not, presently. I guess we should boil it down to what would it have taken to convince him? Sufficient pestering, something monetary, a promise of an unnamed favour at a later date, something more risque?

Well I took the plunge and rolled first. Though there is still plenty of time for IamLLawliet introduce their character and join the game.

I'll have her knock now then, as I doubt after the first 'puzzle' goes off, they would be wanting someone else to join. To protect that person from the game itself. She would have to get her piece on the board before the puzzle took effect.

If there is even enough time for that after someone rolls? Otherwise I can just sit out. No harm done.

Back
Top Bottom