Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It is finally over.

Where do you want to go?

• That magical land where hangovers are not a thing.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Somewhere I can forget taking my mom's virginity.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • What you want?

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • More work?

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • WHY IS THERE SO MUCH SHINY OH GOD!?

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Somewhere I can stay happy.

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Whereever the drugs are.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Away from MyBB, after some wistful memories.

• Away from MyBB, running like mad.

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Back to MyBB, please.

• This change is growing on me and making me very uncomfortable.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • This change is growing on me and making me very comfortable.

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Wherever there is some sort of magic that you didn't have to do this.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • To Patreon! To subscribe!

• Wherever I go, I will miss the downtime.

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • To find more chickens to sacrifice. It's become a nasty habit.

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • I keep offering myself as tribute and not enough is happening.

• YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE NEW FEATURES I DON'T SEE ANYTHING HERE WORTH LEAVING MYBB FOR!

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • I have exhausted all chocolate in this biome, I must seek another.

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S FINALLY OVER! I WAS JUST GETTING HARD/WET/CROMULENT!?

• Total voters

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Until the next upgrade.

Make a point to read this or risk surprise!

I hope everyone is enjoying their new home!

Some final notes

• Signatures and abouts with non-https images got blanked. The warning is in the previous thread. If you had something you'd have a hard time recovering, feel free to PM me and I'll grab it from the old database.

• If there is a feature from the old forum software that you miss, check this thread, and if I don't list it, post it there and I will look into it.

• I've made a semi-privileged usergroup for Discord access. It's automatically assigned once you have ten posts and have been a member for a day. I will probably be restricting people who don't meet this threshold in a week or so, but this should give active users some warning before they get locked out of things.

Future Plans

1. My first priority is to get the Conversation system up to par with missing features from MyBB, plus some extra. Folders, tracking, better searching, some level of moderation ability - e.g. the ability to request with your partner to split and merge conversations, a reminder function that lets you set conversations so that you will be pinged if you don't reply after a period, and possibly other things as I think of and implement them. Hopefully you'll see this in a week or two.
  2. Making sure we get to feature parity with the old site (and in some limited cases, Xenforo 1 >_>) is another priority. This includes setting up on-site chat, etc.
  3. Speaking of the on-site chat, the plan is to bridge rooms between the site here and on Discord, as mentioned.
  4. There are a number of other addons I've been looking at, but holding off on most of them to avoid feature panic. We're still getting used to all of our options here, and in many cases are intentionally holding off on them.
  5. I have a trio of special projects that I want to finish for Blue Moon, above and beyond everything else above. With the move to Xenforo I've kind of committed to us staying on this platform for good, rather than the new software I've been working on for E. I want to bring some of that here, in its own way.

Lastly, thank you everyone who has subscribed.

This wouldn't have been possible without your support.

Take care, everyone.

@Registered

Thanks for all your hard work on this @Vekseid . I think the site looks fantastic now, and although I have a barely infant-level understanding of how computers and code work I know that this can't have been easy. So thank you. For everything.

Thanks @Vekseid for all the hard work, and keeping the lights on at this place.

now off to the features thread to bitch about change! WOOOSH

You are a digital Hercules, Vek. That you handled so monumental a task effectively solo as far as I can tell, is deserving of the highest praise and appreciation. This site would not be anywhere near as successful and populated as it is without you.

Now, in appreciation of the huge amount of work you've done over the past few days, I think I can safely say I speak for most of the forum when I say; TAKE A DAY OFF! You've more than earned it. :p

@Vekseid Thank you for the time and effort you put into this site and its smooth transition. Everything looks fantastic. You outdid yourself and deserve all the (non-website) cookies in the world and more! :)

Take a well-earned break and thank you for all the hard work you've put in over the last while :) I'm loving the change so far.

I love the colors but will there be custom choices for those who don't?
also so glad to see that clicking the time stamp takes you to the most recent post.
I don't think I personally have any complaints. this is all so nice shocking.

It is amazing and working like a charm. Thank you very much for doing all of this.

giphy.gif

EDITING FOR PMS PLEASEEEE. If you can. Uhg, it’d Be magically. Right now editing is only enabled for the first 5 minutes. Then it becomes disabled.

To be fair guys, MyBB didn't really have any PM-editing, period (beyond cancelling a sent message before it's read, rewriting it, then resending it, but that's not the same thing). Any PM-editing we've got now is already more than what we had before. :B

Last edited:
The new forums look awesome and thanks for the conversation system, now I might finally decide to accept role plays over pm.

Awesomesauce!

I know just enough about site maintenance to be dangerous. I know this was nowhere near as easy as you made it seem. I have a great appreciation for your time, effort, and skillset. From the cockles of my heart, thank you!

I love this new layout. The interface is beautiful and yes, very shiny. BM deserves this upgrade. I've been here for several years and this makes me happy. Thank you for this. And thanks to the Patreon backers. ❤

Back
Top Bottom