Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pandora's Island

Does this idea sound fun?

• Nah too weird/complicated/time consuming/boring

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

messylips

Star
so I had an idea... I've been using Discord lately for some Rp's and I realized it would also work quite well as a group setting for writing. I can't see anything in the rules to say that group interest checks can't be used for offsite rp so hopefully this is an ok place to gauge people's interests.

The basic premise of my idea is very Danganronpa and Zero escape inspired but knowledge of either is not at all required. A bunch of people (loosely connected or not) wake up on a mysterious island and have to face challenges, solo, in small groups and as a whole as well, each are given a small room in a dorm but several of the rooms are locked off (to allow late joiners) life would kind of progress as a sort of college campus style, the island holds all sorts of unusual locations that are often times locked away or hidden.

Periodically the maniacal Pandora (played by yours truly) will contact the islanders with tasks, it might be public or she might talk to only a select few of the islanders, tasking them with anything from seducing another islander within a time limit or having people group up and enter one of the previously locked locations.

Drama, mystery, Pandora loves all sorts of fun stuff and she has a whole cast to play with her on her very own island!

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

The link is open for the first 10 people, if it doesn't work post here or send me a pm!

I'm looking for a medium sized group maybe 12 or 15 as an absolute max, a decent mix of female male and all orientations is preferred! Once I've got a few solid interested parties I will edit this post with a link to the discord.

As for now I'd love to hear ideas and suggestions but a few rules I've got to lay out:

1)site rules will still apply naturally
2)everyone should be able to write a few paragraphs and really get into their character, but do to the nature of the rp one liners will be required at times to keep conversation between multiple parties flowing.
3)i think a consistent anime style is to be used, that means anime pictures for character references if any are used, the setting would allow for characters of any origin really but I would like a Japanese inspired lean.
4)leaving the rp or being inactive for too long will likely spell bad news for your character, what's a good drama without a few shocking disappearances or deaths eh?

I hope you all have fun on my island!

Last edited:
Should I count on it being a modern roleplay, all humans?

Or would it be "anything goes"? I mean, if anime and japanese, it is filled with imaginary creatures...

And I really have no need to be sidelined by that if I start making my character up.

It would be modern yes and while I'm open to non human characters I think it'd be the sort where they'd have to hide in plain sight most of the time.

A profound love of Danganronpa leads me to be willing to give you my everything simply for mentioning it.

I definitely want to be a part of this. Is it still open?

Ya haven't had many takers just yet, tell your friends! I'm willing to be patient with this.

"wake up on a mysterious island and have to face challenges, solo, in small groups and as a whole as well" did not make me think "... a battle royale feel to it- Btooom! ... only able to escape once they’d killed a certain amount of others." It would clearly disappoint me, because there was no mentioning it being a "killing game". Which is obvious, if someone knows Danganronpa and Zero escape ... "but knowledge of either is not at all required"!

Hi, I realize the last reply here is a bit dated, but if you are still trying to put this together, or could use some fresh blood I'd be interested in joining.

Back
Top Bottom