Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where did you go? [East & Freckled]

east

Supernova
"Hey Great Uncle Ford I've been meaning to ask something, where did you go? When you went through the portal I mean." Dipper scratched the back of his head as he asked the question he had been meaning to do for years, The reply was a six fingered hand brushing his head. Dipper was 26, Stanford Pines, was approaching 70.

"Well dipper, it was a long time ago, I don't remember all the details, but it was quit the fantastical journey. On it I meet a... frie...man, and, a young Butterfly"

__40+ years ago____​

"Some brother you turned out to be, you care more about your dumb mysteries than your family well then you can have them!" Stanford felt weightless as he was pushed, his feet stumbling over the line towards the portal he had spent years of his life constructing. Fear dread, and a sense of awe came over him as he clutched the journal.

"Stanley, Stanley help me! Do something!" And just like that he was pulled into the confines of that ice blue portal. Leaving the confines of his own dimension, and passing into another. Thankfully not the realm of night terrors and horrors that Bill had wanted. The fight had caused a number of things to change and he was pulled from his realm, into one of fantasy, and impossibility.

Stanford dropped his skin feeling like ice to the touch his vision blurry as he tried to process everything, he was in a field of wild flowers. Looking around for a long moment he blinked thinking this was a world not unlike earth, except for the grass was teal, and then he looked up. Two, no three moons. In the moment as the information started to wash over him the most he could say was. "... huh."

"Thanks Cloudy." Star said with a smile hopping off of the pink cloud creature. She looked around the field not immediately seeing anything. In fact her squire had alerted her of the mysterious portal opening up in the sky above the field. Now portals opening and closing was no abnormal thing in Mewni, but opening in the sky was a bit odd. "Marco, are you sure you saw a blue portal open here and something fell through? " Star asked as her boots crunched under the grass. In her hand she held her wand, and at her side was her most trusted friend and Squire Marco Diaz.

"Yes Star. I know what I saw! It was blue portal that opened up in the middle of the -" He stopped walking as Star pointed her wand at the stranger who was looking up at the two of them lying in the middle of the flower field.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" She asked as sternly as a 16 year old princess could. Marco drew his sword and pointed it at the stranger taking a fighting stance and narrowing his eyes as he did.

Ford for his part was still lost in this new world, he had no idea where he was, and then he was approached by what looked like a young blond girl, and a sword wielding boy, kids. Ford for his part was 24, and thought the idea of such kids attacking him was kind of amusing. He actually bent down his tall frame to try and better speak with them, only to be relieved when they both spoke perfect English. "Fascinating, English must be some sort of multi-universal constant, and I seem to have ended up in a dimension filled with fantasy role playing little people."

Ford looked at Star, and then at Marko, his six fingered hand extending to gently move Marko's sword away from him. "Greetings, do people say greetings in your dimension? I am Stanford Pines, I am a man of science and I come from a world called Earth. Take me to your leader."

Stanford tried to speak like he was some sort of authority. This was after all his first time in another dimension, and thus technically first contact with another world. Some part of him felt like Captain Kirk, On an adventure far from his home, and going off to worlds unseen. Going forward where no man from his world had gone before. "Also a bed, I haven't slept in twelve weeks, and I may or may not have sixth degree burns, I thought it only went up to three, but that portal mishap seems to have proven me wrong."

Star and Marco both exchanged looks before lowering their weapons. The two teens couldn't help but giggle at his odd behavior. When the two finally reigned themselves in Star stepped forward and looked up at Stanford Pines. She looked over at Marco who simply shrugged being able to essentially read the others thoughts.

"My name is Star Butterfly" She said. "I'm.....and I am acting Queen of Butterfly kingdom." She said with a sigh and folded her arms behind her back and rocked on her heels. Star looked over Ford and noticed a few things. He did look beat up and injured. If going through one portal did just that to him sending him back through one injured could just make it worse. She didn't really understand it, and looked over to Marco. All the people from Earth she knew could easily pass through portals, from her world to earth and even to other dimensions with no harm at all, so why why this man in such rough shape.

"Right well...no point in standing around here. Let's get you back to the castle and your injuries tended to." She said with a nod making two clouds appear this time. She and Marco hopped on to one and the second was for Ford. "Uhh try not to think to hard about it and just hop on." She said with a nod.

So he was in the presence of royalty fascinating. She was a touch young to be a queen however, he would have bought princess much more easily. Which probably meant something tragic had happened. He didn't pry he was a guest in this place, and didn't know the first part of what was actually going on, so he tried his best not too make any judgmental statements. When she made the cloud he blinked for a moment touching it and finding it solid, yet fluffy, like the kind of thing a child would think a cloud would be made of. "Please pardon my disheveled appearance your majesty, I came here under... troubled circumstances."

"Amazing a completely solid, Cumulus cloud. He dipped down for a moment to look under it. "Formed with zero percent condensation, warm to the touch, It's solid state must be the work of a frictional field of force, or some kind of force field if you would. I need to record this." He reached for a pocket in his jacket which would have fit his journal only to find it wasn't there, and in the moment he was struck with the last few minutes before he had been pushed through the portal. He sighed remembering that his journal was gone, and that he would at least need to figure out how to get a new one. His shoulders slumped and he sat down on the cloud, soft and fluffy to the touch a truly amazing experience yet without his journal he felt more like grumbling than excited.

Still he watched the world with some curiosity, but was also excessively tired. The dimensional portal had been meant to open a hole to another world, but when Fiddleford had gone through it had been a realm of nightmares and madness, this seemed more fantastical, and vastly more pleasant. The only thing he could come up with was in the fight something had been turned on differently dialing into another universes frequency. "You said you were the queen, could you tell me more about your world?"

"No. No no no. ACTING Queen." Star said adamantly and sighed looking back at him. She turned around so that her back was to Marco and she was facing Ford. She took a breath in closed her eyes and nodded releasing her breath.
"Alright. Your in land called Mewni, as I mentioned I am ACTING Queen of Butterfly castle and, unfortunately you came at a really really bad time. But that's not important. What is important is that we get you feeling better and get you home when you are. A little more to know. Magic is real, monsters exist here, strange things are normal, and corn is our most important crop." She said with a smile. "So can you tell me about you? Maybe how you opened a portal with out dimensional scissors." She said tilting her head to the side a bit.

Ford wished he had his journal on him. He was really talking to a trans-dimensional creature. She looked pretty much the same as a human, but he did notice the slight differences. The wings on her back, were well hidden by her hair, but not so much that he couldn't see them when she had her back turned to him. He was curious why this was a bad time, but she seemed stressed out already, and he didn't want to pry into the problems of an entire other world that he could be having first contact with.

Than she said she could send him home, and immediately he was curious exactly how that worked. As for strange being the normal, he chuckled. "Whatever your world throws at me I can handle. I've been researching monsters and anomalies for the past ten years. I'm a scientist." He said with a shrug choosing to ignore her comment about magic, such superstitious hocus pocus wasn't the focus of the conversation, and when she said dimensional scissors he was curious, but chose not to comment on how crazy that idea sounded.

"On my world I built a trans dimensional gateway, a hole punched through a weak point in reality that i found under my cabin. I built it with the help of a creature that... had alternate motives for earth. But as I was hiding my research I got into a fight with my twin brother, and as we fought we ended up randomly sequencing the gateway. I thought it was just a one way link between two worlds, but it seems by trans-dimensional we actually managed to get it tuned to any universe. It's a fascinating concept, but now I don't know exactly how i'd get back."

Star raised a brow "Rriiiigght. Scientist or not, I doubt you'll be able to fully grasp everything here." She said and let out a slow breath.
“So you built a machine that was supposed to bring you to one world, but instead it brought you here because you and your brother were fighting.” She said with a solemn nod. “I could be wrong but I think you’ve also traveled through time. That could explain why you seem...so...scientific?” She said with a shrug. “I don’t know we’ll get it figured out.”

Marco tapped Star on the shoulder “Oh we’re here. Welcome to my home Ford. This is Butterfly castle” She said with a smile as the clouds slowly floated to a balcony that lead into Star’s room. Marco helped Star down and the cloud Ford was riding moved closer to the floor before vanishing.

“Marco could you give me some time with Ford, and keep the council at bay?” She asked him, and saw the hesitation on his face but nodded and left the room leaving the two alone.
“Ford, you can sit on the bed and I’ll go get some things to treat your wounds.”

"Perhaps, though I imagine your calander and mine doesn't naturally sink up, your planet." He looks up to see the odd skyline of Mewny and just shook his head. "I have no idea how your days and nights work here or how you track years."

"Oh that's easy, you're from earth it's 2018." Marco chimed in, before going off to distract the counsel as Star's squire. Leaving Ford to chew over some rather unpleasant revelations. He blinked for a moment. As he did as he was told to sit down on the bed. He found it very comfortable the thought of sleeping it off in such a place would actually help a lot.

"If what that man just said, than that means I have traveled. 36 years into the future." Time and space were of course related, he knew that much, but he had never thought of his portal as having any ability other than dimensional travel. Taking off his coat he rubbed his head for a moment trying his best to not think about it. Trying to turn off his brain and just accept treatment for his wounds.

He took off his jacket. "Thank you Star, this has been a rather unpleasant turn of events." He mulled over how everything had gone so wrong with Stanley. "Could I borrow a book, and something to write with? Writting down everything in my journal's used to be the way I unwound and collected my thoughts. Since I'm in a strange world, I may as well take a chance to learn all I can about you and your world."

"But... before I get too comfortable." He took out his flashlight. "Do you mind if I look into your eyes with this? the shapeshifting monster that has been hunting me for the last few months loves his mind games, and I don't put anything past him anymore." He quickly checked too see her eyes, when they reacted to light in the same way a human's would he seemed content. "There is a multi dimensional creature, that can posses others, if ever you see someone who has slits and yellow eyes, don't trust a thing they say."

Star returned with the first aid kit and some alcohol and peroxide. She set the items on to the bed and dragged over a chair so that she was sitting in front of Ford. She opened the kit removing gauze, scissors, and tape.

“Uh journal and pen.” She said with a nod and looked around then paused. She waved her wand and produced what he wanted. It fell on the opposite side of him. She set the wand down and then looked at his flashlight and nodded at his explanation. “Very well then.” She said and leaned forward so he could examine her eyes.

the comforting feel of paper helped to calm ford, as he picked up the new journal. He would figgure out how her wand was able to do whatever it was it did at a later time, he was too tired to think up ways that the wand seemed to create from nothing in sheer defiance of any natural law. He took off his shirt revealing a rather strong upper body which was currently marked by bruises and a few burns. All from the fight with his brother, and his travel through an unstable portal.

Looking into Star's ice blue eyes he could relax, her pupils were much larger darker orbs, and her ice blue eyes were sparkling, that along with the cute face marked hearts, and he felt a touch odd, she could have been his daughter in some way. He patted Star on the head, as he nodded. "Your good." He said leaning back into the bed so that Star could start working on him. "Just... you shouldn't trust anyone."

Star smiled gently and wrapped one of his wounds after cleaning it. "Well I'm acting Queen, and I'm supposed to be able to trust my council, but they've been lying to my family for 4 generations." She said focusing on the task in front of her. Star found it a bit easier to navigate what was now her life if she only did one thing at a time, just one. If she tried to do too many things at once her brain would start melt and the pressure would get to her.

"So this monster. Why is it chasing you? Did you make it mad or take something from it? Monsters really don't like when you take their belongings." She said with a soft giggle.

"His name is Bill Cipher." Ford hissed slightly as she helped to clean his wounds. He looked up at the ceiling for now he was safe, in a dimension he hoped that Bill or any of of his other friends couldn't find him, in the company of royalty, it was a lot easier to process than he would have thought though he was still delirious from lack of sleep.

"When we met, he called himself a muse, and he became my friend. Together we worked to design and build a portal between worlds, a gateway through which all the information in the universe could flow through, but he betrayed me. A friend of mine got a glimps of his realm, and his true plans. If he should get out of his dimension, it would mean ruin for earth, or perhaps any world that he comes across. In truth I don't think it matters to him which one he destroys so long as it's new."

"Monster is a bad word for him, in truth he's more like an insane maniac hellbent on power and destruction for no other means than his own sick amusement. Monster is too good a word for a creature like that."

Star looked at Ford and could hear the fear and anxiety his words were soaked in. It sent a chill down her spine. With all she had to deal with an interdimensional terror was not on the list of things she wanted to have to worry about. "Well then." She said standing up and gathered the first aid supplies. "I have to deal with the council. I've been dodging them all day and I'm sure they're fed up with Marco." She sighed setting the things in the bathroom and then went to the main dooor of the bedroom. She pasued at the door her hand resting on the knob.
"I'll be back soon enough, and I'll bring you something to eat. Until then please stay here and rest." She said and opened the door stepping out and closing it behind her. Just as the door was nearly shut Star pushed it back open. "Oh and if you see a little blue creature running about just ignore him." She said with a frazzled smile and then left.

Ford for his part was too tired to think or concern himself with little blue men, he was ready to sleep, for what felt like an eternity. He laid back on the bed, and slowly drifted off. For the first time while he slept it would be a dreamless one, not an easy one, his body and mind were still trying to outpace and deal with all that they had gone through, but for the first time in a long time he didn't enter the dream realm, and so was invisible to his old friend.

~~~

Marco was doing his best but honestly the juggling act was getting old, and Hekapoo was getting rather impatient and Rhombulus was about ready to imprison the squire in crystal.

"Enough of this bring us Star this instant or we will be forced to take measures to procure her." When she finally arrived frazzled as she was the council looked at Star. Hekapoo was the one who spoke.

"Right now that the acting queen is here, we can actually get to business. We are gonna make this curt because we were supposed to have this meeting an hour ago." Her flame was agitated almost boiling the air if it were possible. "Star Butterfly, we are currently at a disadvantage. With Moon missing the magical high commission has effectively lost three of it's members. It's time for you to step up, get married, and well... be a queen. We could have broke the news easier had you been here on time."

Star took her seat and her eyes connected with Hekapoo. She didn’t speak until Hekapoo was done speaking. Her eyes went wide as dinner plates at those words. In order for Star to be Queen one of a few things had to happen. Her mother willingly stepped down because she was unable to complete her duties, her mother died, or Star was married off to another kingdom.

The last wasn’t possible as that would only ever happen if the previous queen had many children, and Star was an only child. The first wasn’t possible either as Moon was still missing which only left the second.

Star jumped up and slammed her hands on the table. “NO! She’s still ALIVE. My mother is going to come back and when she does the throne will be waiting for her.” She was starting to shake at the thought of having to come to terms with the all to real possibility that Moon was never coming back, even if they did find her.
“No I won’t accept that and besides” she folded her arms “I’m doing a great job as acting queen” she nodded firmly and looked about the room. “Aren’t I?”

Hekapoo sighed and rested her face on her hand, more bored by the look of her than annoyed by the protest honestly this is what the commission had come to expect from Star. Rhombulus burst out though with his answer. "Fact is we can't find your mother and have no idea where she is."

Omnitraxus nodded in his globe. "Alive or dead, she simply can not be found, we have no choice to move forward, and you are doing well as acting queen, which is why we want you to take the job perminantly. Mewnie needs a queen to stay in power, and Moon's actions have lead to an unofficial abjucation of the throne."

Hekapoo shrugged. "And with you as her only child you're now the queen, which means you need to hurry up, get married, make a baby, and you know keep the whole bloodline thing going. You're dating that demon right? Why not just get to the next level with him, honestly doesn't bother me much." Hekapoo's eyes were oddly focused on Marco as she spoke about marrying star off to Tom.

Star promptly fell into her seat. She didn't seat no, she fell. Whether it was from shock of their words or defeat no one could really tell or if was just Star being her childish self. So no one really said to much of anything about her body language.
"Now your concerned about the bloodline? You didn't seem to concerned when Eclipsa's baby was replaced." Star spit out as she sat up in her chair. Star cleared her throat and leaned forward turning her head towards Hekapoo "And why don't you just do Marco?" She asked with a raised brow and eye roll.

"Look I get that you are all SUPER concerned about the kingdom, and my love life, and my sex life, apparently, but I know my Mom is still out there. She's alive and I am going to find her." She said looking across the room to the family portrait that hung on the wall.

Last edited:
The council gasped as Star brought up the old wound of replacing Eclipsa's half monster child. "That was the kings choice not ours. And we made sure that Festivia married one of Eclipsa's close cousins. We kept the Butterfly family as close as possible."

At the comment about hekapoo and Marko fucking the two went a little red, Marko adding "Don't I get a say in that?"

The council sigh3d exasperated and tired with Star. "You think you can find Moon than you go and do it! You have 3 months produce Queen Moon or get married upon your return. Mewni will go to King Butterfly in your sted and Marco will be in charge of King Butterfly. Good luck we have a wedding to plan when you fail."

The council opened a portal and returned to wherever they had come from.

"Star are you sure about this? I mean if they can't find your mom, and going off all alone. I mean it's a lot."

Star watched in silence as the council left through their portal leaving behind the two to stew in the words that were said and the time limit given to Star.
"Am I sure?" She scoffed standing from the chair and sucked her breath in through her teeth. Star began to walk across the room her destination the large family portrait. "The council doesn't want to find my Mom, I don't even believe they really tried to find her and now that she's been gone so long all they want is to fix things. They just want everything to go back to how it was before Eclipsa was released. To them that means naming me Queen and declaring my Mother dead and marrying me off to to Tom of all people!" She yelled turning to Marco giving him a look he had never seen directed at him before. There was pain mixed with betrayal and hatred even. She only shook her head at him. "I will find my Mom. With or without your support." She said and went to the door opening. "And clearly I don't have it." Star sighed slamming the door behind her when she left the room. She rested her back gainst the door for a few moments then quickly got on her feet and began moving.

The clock had started and now it was up to her to beat it. "How am I going to find you Mom?" She siflt asked herself and began heading to the kitchen. She remembered Ford and thought he might be hungry and Star thought best when she was snacking. She didn't spend much time in the kitchen fixing herself a peanutbutter banana honey sandwich and Ford a simple PB & J. She then returned to her room and closed the door behind her softly.
"Hey. Are you awake?" She asked softly and placed his sandwich on the bedside table.

Ford had slept longer and more peacefully than he had in months. But his rest had been interrupted when something blue scampered around the room. Waking up he had chased it rather quickly, and by the time Star opened the door the creature was sitting calmly on her dresser, and Ford was quickly sketching the creature, taking quick notes and measurements about it. He turned to see Star when she was awake she seemed troubled, more so than when she had left earlier and while he wasn't at all good with people she had been a kind host, it felt right to talk to her.

"I am." He said patting the side of the bed. "Come sit down, I'm just finishing up my observations on this." He said pointing to Glossoric who replied with 'Globgore!'

"I wonder what that means." He shrugged for a moment as he looked to Star, a touch too intimidated to actually touch her, but at the same time wanting to help her. He took the sandwich she offered. "I take it your meeting went poorly?"

Ford smiled towards her, trying to help her as he ate.

Star nodded taking a seat next to him. Her own plate she sat on her lap and she glanced down into the journal and then up to Glossoric. She was impressed at how well his drawing matched Glossoric. She nodded "That's...one word for it." She said inhaling deeply and took a big bite of her sandwich and chewed slowly.

"My Mom went missing while trying to do the right thing, and I've been trying to find her." She said watching Glossoric before she continued to explain the mess of a situation she found herself in. She told him how all she wanted was to find her mother and did her best to be the Queen her people needed but everyone knew Star wasn't ready and the council's push for marriage was an idea of forcing her to grow up and accept responsibility for a mess that was now her's to clean up. By the time Star was finished completely explaining everything she was down to the last bite of her sandwich.

"I've looked all over the kingdoms, and I think I'll have to start looking elsewhere but theres an infinite number of dimensions." She swallowed the bite and turned to look at Ford.

Stanford for his part listened. He didn't exactly understand every part, he was still getting over the fact that he was currently talking to a magical princess from another dimension. It was a bit mind boggling, what's more the idea that she would have to search all over the multiverse for her mother, when he could easily go back to earth he looked to the journal he was keeping then to Star.

"I'll go with you." He understood the look of doubt in her eyes, and he nodded giving her a reassuring smile and a pat on the back. "It sounds like the adventure of a life time. We will travel the multiverse together." It almost made him feel young again, a bit like the comics he had grown up reading in the back of astonishing tales or the like of them. Fantasy with a touch of science fiction, going off to explore the oddities of the universe it was actually a dream he had once had, and sitting next to Star he felt rather young at spirit.

"We leave when your ready, I have... everything I have." Ford looked over himself. "If you have a time limit than there really isn't a moment to loose."

Star was unsure of his offer. After all he had just gotten their and she couldn’t ask someone to help her in her quest could she, but when he assured his offer was genuine his smile became infectious and she too began to smile. She wrapped her arms around him in a hug and she fought back her tears. “Oh thank you Ford!” She let go of him and stood up.
“Alright then. I’ll pack my things and then we can head out.” Star headed into her closet and packed all the things she could think of that she might need.

When she finished she went back out into her bedroom and opened a drawer in the bedside table and pulled out two pairs of scissors. She walked over to Ford and held out the more simply designed one. “Here. You’ll need to keep these on you at all times. They’re dimensional scissors.” She said and was about to show Ford how they worked when she heard a loud knock on the door followed by Hekapoo, Marco, and her Dad entering her bedroom. Star observed everyone but choose to only acknowledge her father’s presence.

Ford held the dimensional scissors watching as Star demonstraited how they were used. He looked at them and felt awkward. He had spent several years of his life developing his portal to another world, and now he was just being handed an item that not only did that but also fit in the palm of his hand. Of all the things he expected to find on the other side of his portal magic and a multi dimensional adventure was not among them.

When the door opened and her father and the other two came in, He watched them with Star. Hekapoo on the other hand seemed furious and approached him. "Wait a second I know him! You're the one who ripped that hole in the multiverse a few hours ago, do you know how many me's i had to send to clean up that mess? uhg this is just like you Star all of your friends are the worst!"

Ford didn't really understand the accusation, but understood that it would be a good time to go. River on the other hand walked up to his daughter, he pulled Star into a firm hug. "I understand, you don't have to say anything, bring back your mother, and be safe. I'll do my best to keep Mewnie in one piece while you're gone."

Marco on the other hand didn't say anything he just kind of looked at Star, and then looked at the ground. He had already made up his mind, he wouldn't be going with her for this one.

Ford cut open a portal. "Shall we?"

Back
Top Bottom