Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Typical Morning....

Saren Crimson

Planetoid

You know, going around the galaxy, you learn a few things. However, being in space while it does have its appeal, it does have its disadvantages. Mainly the feeling of being isolated and alone. Sure, I have my A.I. companion to talk to but I feel it's never on the same level as with other species, Astorian or otherwise. So, pondering this, I thought the best thing and safest thing to do was to invite Shiro and his family.

To those of you who don't know, they are the rules that made creation the way that it is now. Life, Death, Knowledge, Time, Light, Dark, and Chaos. Unlike how most others tend to think about other deities and believe me, there are some. They don't quite compare to these seven for bringing them into existence in the first place. They're not any recorded being as far as others could describe them as. I met them and I am not sure myself.

However, they only give the simple explaination that their spirits of power, absolute beings who made things what they are today. Each of them powerful, however, unlike most imperfect beings they don't use their powers for no reason. Their true purpose of keeping balance ensuring from when everything began to when it eventually ends, the cycle continues.

I can respect that. They don't flaunt their power around, use it for any other reason for what they were created to do. All seven of them. They had taken it upon themselves to live with the mortals they created, casting off their true souls and create a limited one to spend time with us. While they can't die, they are somewhat vulnerable but not in way that others would think.

And no, I won't tell you how that would be possible. But I'm not here to talk about that. I wanted to give you a typical month of when they stayed with me on my starship, Nexus. Being such godly beings, you'd expect to them to be regal. While a couple of them are, they certainly...at least personality wise are far from perfect or rather this is how they would want to act. Whether its to personally annoy me or they use the emotions best suited to their actual power. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Here I am, rambling on about things that's not interesting in the slightest. Really I needed an excuse to give me a break from the constant noise, here is a way I can do that. Think of it as...a sort of Logbook explaining my adventures and the antics of these seven.

Dreams are a great way of telling many different things. The beyond, maybe what happened in the past, or maybe its your subconscious telling you something important. These are all plausible, in my case however, it's completely different. Before I tell you that, let me tell you this.

About 20 years ago, my world...or universe, which ever you want to use. Was subject to a terrible corruption. This corruption began to tear down the barriers that kept worlds apart. Soon enough, time had stopped. These words began to merge with one another. A lot of races being displaced from their world, a lot of things being destroyed or being made new again. This chaos came swift. No one being was prepared for this. I wasn't prepared for this. This dark blackness swallowed me and my ship whole. Took me to a place I had never seen before when I came to.

First there was nothing, then there was everything. From in front of my ship were seven locks. One of them was opened, spewing out a fine mist of darkness from it. This blackness was swallowing everything. Then came the worlds themselves. All of them like larger than life barbles all floating aimlessly around this...what seemed like the end. After that were many different species of beings. Human, alien, even creatures of nightmares all floating in place as if they were asleep.

I didn't know how to react to what was happening or what to do. Arius had went offline to converse power to the ship's life support systems. Leaving me there, alone, silently panicking. Nothing around but a infinite blackness that stretched out for lightyears around. These worlds, these people, all sleeping soundly in a world that didn't have light or warmness. Actually there was nothing to 'feel' at all. There was nothing.

However, I was highly curious. My curious, scientific brain began to work again. I was left with just one question, how come I was the only one who wasn't affected while everything else was either asleep or unresponsive? I would soon have an answer when i was forced out of my ship into the black, heading fast straight for this opened lock.

My first response was to panic but even I knew it wouldn't do any good. Strangely enough, I could breathe but my body was subjected to speeds that would break a normal being in seconds. Me, however, wasn't affected by such speed of only due to my heritage. That wasn't all, either. Something had coiled itself around my body, I was too busy looking at this leaking lock to notice but it was protecting me from something, I didn't know what it was until I was close to it.

A soul made of seven different colors of light, large just like the locks themselves were standing there. In what seemed like meditation, except the one that was open. It seemed as if someone or something had broken this lock. I wasn't sure what the lock meant or any of it. It didn't feel as if it was something evil or wrong but rather, playful and random. I was somewhat skeptical at first but being right up against this giant lock which was way much more bigger than any of the universes floating around me.

Watching this lock up close, I saw someone. It was seemed like a little girl. Crouched in a fetal position with her eyes closed, when she breathed, the darkness blew out and spreaded. In one word, I could describe her, was perfect. Everything about her, something I couldn't describe justice. However the look on her face seemed troubling, as if she was struggling, she began to shiver and shake. She might have been nude but it wasn't cold because there was no temperature.

Then there was me, short dark blue hair which was almost black. In a exosuit that clung to my skin. It was white, made of exotic materials from my own world. Much of it was made from the rearranging of light particles to make a perfect design weaved with exotic metals, which was named Light for obvious reasons. The light in the suit resonated with the darkness this girl was giving out, pushing it out and away from me.

I looked at myself and saw a pair of arms around me but there was no discernable body for these arms. It was pushing me forward toward her. It made me wonder what I would do when I finally got in front of her. The whole time, racing thoughts in my mind began to become clear again. Not troubled like before like I was meant to do something. It was clear to me now.

I needed to help her and knew exactly how. However I didn't like it.

To help her, I wouldn't be me again. The purpose for my existence would change. I would be become the other her, she wasn't darkness. The whispers in the dark whispered a word, a name. Nemesis. However when I looked back at her. She was in my face with a huge curious look to her, her voice vibrated in this negative space. She floated around me, all fidgety and happy as if she never seen another lifeform before.

Strange, she was large now she's no larger than a regular small girl.

"I like you."

Her voice sweet and angelic, it was almost like honey.

"Me? Where are we? What did you do?"

She only giggles and continues to float around me in a very lazy fashion.

"I've been looking for a soul strong enough to endure my power. You can move through it unheeded. How very interesting. In short, I want you." she said in almost in a predatory tone.

I narrow my eyes and put up my guard. "I don't know what this is about but you better fix this now!" I move to hit her but I hit nothing but air.

"Silly. You can't hit what isn't tangible besides I need your help!" she says in an animated fashion.

"My help? To do what exactly?" I ask almost fearing the answer.

She floats up super close to my face with a big smile on her face before hugging me into her. How she grabbed me I haven't the slightest clue, it's like the rules change every second or something.

"I need you to receive me. Become my other half, become Chaos!" she spoke in a loud booming voice that could be heard from light years around it felt like. Her long silky white hair sprayed out on ends while her irises grown extra large with a color of pure white, all sparkling and pure.

It was then I woke up in a shout. I look around for a moment, touching my body to make sure nothing was out of place. However, I noticed a tattoo that wasn't there before on my arm. It was a word, written in Latin. I narrowed my eyes at it but I chose to ignore it and gotten out of bed.

When I did, I noticed a lump in my bed. I narrowed my eyes at it and clicked a button my wrist computer which turned to light and rearranged it into an arm cannon. Charging up energy in the barrel, I cautiously pulled the cover off the bed and there she was. Naked and sleeping without any problem. My first instinct was to shoot but I knew better, it wouldn't help and I might've destroyed my bed in the process.

"You once again sneak into my bed. Stop that. Your brothers and sisters might get the wrong idea...and for heaven sake, put on some clothes!!!" I say in a shout.

Her eyes flutter at my loud voice and she looked at me with a dazed expression. She didn't say anything but she crawled over the bed then grabbed my waist before sleeping against my thigh again which annoyed me more than her sneaking into my bed again.

"What did I just say?! Get out of my bed, you lazy spirit!" I say loudly again. Just then, another person decided to make themselves known in my room. Umbra, Darkness Incarnate.

"I come here for my sister and I find her clinging to you again. How strange...you aren't doing anything to my sister, are you?" she ask in an almost threatening tone but I don't pay it any mind.

"If you here threatening me, you have the time to pry this lazy spirit off of me! Seriously make her leave!" I say shouting at her but she just smirks and just fades away, as if she's satisfied at my torment or annoyance. My eye twitches but I try to push Nemesis off my leg with my free hand.

It doesn't work, she's way stronger than she looks. Holding onto my leg with an iron grip and it doesn't even faze her from sleep. I finally give up and just start walking, dragging the naked girl with me hoping one of her brothers will help me.

Throughout the ship, it's pretty quiet. Of course it would be flying through space bounds in light years. I get to the helm of the ship and Shiro's sitting there with a cup of tea watching the galaxies we pass by. When he noticed me, he smiles brightly. "I see your morning was wonderful. Nemesis snuck into your bed again. She seems to be clinging to you a lot even if you are her other half." he said taking a quiet sip.

"It is, and it's very annoying. Help me?" I mouthed quietly.

He nods and stands up from one of the chairs then walks over to her before tapping against her naked skin and clothes are instantly dressed on her. A flowing black dress with white trimmings, her hair is made up in cute curls and with a big red bow on the top of her head. A compliment to her pale skin. "Nemesis, if you don't wake up, I'll tell Alice that you wanted to spend time with her~" he said in with an almost sing song voice.

She jumps up immediately, fully awake and shook her head. "Don't do that! You know how she gets! I rather not get raped by her again!" she says angrily.

Shiro half smiles. "Raped? She's just showing just how much she loves you. She is the Mother of All Souls after all. She literally took care of us before we actually had a body." he factly states but Nemesis wasn't hearing any of it.

"No, Shiro. The moment you were born, we could take care of ourselves. You gave us the knowledge to function and wrote our purpose into existence. Did you have to make Alice so...perverted?" she asks accusingly.

Shiro put his hands up. "I had nothing to do with it. Ask your brother that question. I didn't make emotions I just wrote how they actually work in the Book of Beginning. Anyway, you're awake and now you're coming with me. Saren, we'll see you later." he said dragging Nemesis away by her collar. If she were a lesser being, she'd be choking.

"Wait? No! Let me stay here with Saren! Come on, I'll be a good girl!" she says with the loudest voice she could but Shiro knew she was lying and dragged her away.

I sigh before sitting in the captain's chair. "Finally some peace and quiet...Seriously that dream of what happened years ago is still here. I wonder when it'll go away...Restful sleep doesn't come easy anymore." I say to myself before laying upon my console and drifting to sleep again.

Someone out there told me once...

What you see now, this isn't all of it. There's a lot that even we don't know about, aren't supposed to know about. And it's mortals like us to seek it out. We, by nature, are curious creatures.

You know, thinking about it now, that person was absolutely right. The things I've seen, things I wasn't supposed to see, things that were at first too much for my mortal mind to comprehend, I now come to know them as normal and as what I thought was normal to be highly boring.

Well, after about a couple years ago, everyone had a taste of that. A Universal wide cataclysmic event that threatened to bring down everything we knew and destroy our preconceived notions about a world we thought would never change into something we thought could never happen...well, at least I didn't. I was, am, and will always be a man of science but there are things I saw that defied all explanation. Threatened to shatter my and everyone's soul into a million pieces but a miracle happened at the last second that stop that event.

I absorbed the entity known as Chaos and became her other half. Her power made everything fall into disarray, to the point it was almost irreversible for everything and everyone. The only trade off was that I could never be normal again. I became her and she became me, I was half of her soul and she was half of mine.

This was new to me. To think something like this would happen, to think that me out of all the people and beings of creation could merge with a being like that. I would call it impossible but I know better because of her that impossible is a word only mortals came up with. Anything's possible with her which makes her the most dangerous.

But here I am again, talking about things you don't want to hear. I tend to do that a lot. Well here, I'll tell you about all the displaced beings in my universe and beyond. The ones that didn't belong and ones I had been tasked to bring back to their original words.

The ones I find first were...difficult to reason with. A bounty hunter who was the same as me, minus the arms dealer part. Samus Aran, in my universe, everyone knows her name. She's quite famous. She and I had a history together, nothing like what you're thinking but working together, which most of the time happened by complete accident. A powerful combatant and a mind to rival my own. If we were brother and sister, we'd be twins.

The second one was a bit more...random. He comes from a world where people like him are common...well, somewhat. His name was Alucard, Son of Dracula. I ran scans on him which he let me to make sure he wasn't corrupted, and he's a powerful vampire and well almost on the verge of being godlike. Unlike his father, he told me, he always fought for the side of good, like his mother wanted for him.

The last one was more beast than man, he was a dragon, his name was Alduin, Destroyer of Worlds or The World Eater. Whichever one you prefer. The Black Dragon, The Bane of Kings as he called himself. Worshipped by the very people who put him down, I guess that's irony for you. After getting him to calm down, he told me he hailed from a world named Skyrim or rather that's what he ended up after being thrown forward in time from an artifact called an Elder Scroll.

And so these three who I found out in the empty space, the Void of the End. Samus' ship was there as well which I had brought into my ship. That had been a couple days ago since I slept for two full days which would amount to a couple of weeks in Earth's time. Had these three in my medical bay which came with a fully equipped recovery chamber which could even heal fatal wounds.

The three of them weren't hurt as far as I could see but their mental state was almost completely broken, except Alduin. I assume being thrown forward in time by something more powerful than you are would make you calm about a few things. However, he has partial amnesia. While he knows his name and his past, he doesn't really remember what was the purpose of what he was created for nor what he was going to do in Skyrim.

Not really a question not even I could answer for him since I never met something like him before. However, once everything is fixed, I'm sure his memory would come back to him.

I've taken them around almost all the parts of my ship. I had to shrink Alduin to a third of his original size just so he'd fit in my ship's hallways which were already big and spacious but not as big as his normal size. Regardless, I explain the situation to them as they didn't know where they were. After all, we were still floating in the void and there was nothing recognizable to anyone just yet. I gave them all rooms to sleep in as there was no day and night, only darkness.

As for me, I needed to find a world, any one would do, I needed to see how much the damage was done to it so I could gauge a guess as to how the others faired. While I know some would fair better than others, to the ones that didn't, there was a lot of work to be done, at least for me it would be. This was going to be long, tedious, and hair pulling but it had to be done. The fact I had to clean up after my other half's mess was already making me angry to no end but the fact I had to get help by those who belong to whatever world I needed to fix was almost the final straw as I don't socialize with others that I had no interest in and this was so I had no choice but to.

Almost wish I could sleep for years on end and the problem would eventually fix itself but I'm here now so starting with these three I'd have to find my and Samus' world, Alduin's world and Alucard's as well. Searching in this void even with my new abilities were going to be difficult as this place stretches on for infinity even though the worlds themselves aren't very far from the seven seals located in the middle. The darkness just made impossible for my sensors to detect anything and with ten people on board, I wouldn't have a moment's peace to search for them by Chaos' corruption alone.

Hm, I was going to need help with this. Someone who was already a lot better and already knew about jumping between worlds. Maybe I'll find them in this void or so I hoped.

Back
Top Bottom