Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BBC code to resize images?

Deante

Star
When posting an image, is there an way to adjust its size? On another forum that code is [ img width = size number ] link [ / img]

I also tried [ img = size] link [ / img]

RE: Adjusting image size?

We currently use (though not for long) MyBB coding, so they're generally interchangeable. If you are having issues with it, then save it onto your computer, if not already, and then upload it to IMGUR.com or something similar as a smaller or larger size. If you're using Photoshop to resize, be sure to enable the BiCubic for enlargement or reduction before resizing to help maintain the clarity. You can also force it to 300 resolution, then resize the image to your preferred pixel count.

Argh. I'm doing like a lot of images (specifically faceclaims and inspirations) so that is.. a lot of work. :p

Thanks for the answer tho.

I would just link the face claims then as I believe there is a cap on the number of actual photos you can place in a post.

[ img=WxH]link here[/img] (no space obviously.) But, as I understand it, this will be changed when we move over to Xenforo.

In addition to this... I might be a bit spoiled by a certain hosting place... I'd like to add my voice not just for an ont-the-fly-resizing (which should then be able to enlarge the picture properly upon clicking on it) but also the ability to "float" stuff to the left or right. That way you could add your face/bodyclaim to the start of the post, especially maybe a long intro, and the text flows around it dynamically. I see tables added to the editor, so there is a workaround for the float-stuff but... it looks odd and stiff in a bad way when the text is to long and/or the picture to large.

As an example:
I like to use, if possible, full poses for NPC's or a set of clothes worn by someone to showcase the clothing. Of course, I do not want to make it huge just for the details but give a rough idea so someone can look at it even on a smaller screen or where they have to enlarge the page (my Notebook is a sore example of me enlarging almost all pages by 20-60% and let's not speak about people using smaaaaaaall fontsizes). Now I want to have a look at the details... I have the rough picture constantly on screen while reading anyway, without switching to other pages, having to follow a link, and the whole text makes space, still flowing around it... it looks professional... it is a joy to read and look considering this is a text-place which looks somewhat different for everyone.
The other, right now available solution, would likely take up a huge chunk of the screen just for the picture... the text pressed to the halve of it at best if you have only a small device to display it... maybe you even look at it on a smartphone while the text, once the picture has ended, drags on and on as it has only that limited space within the cell of the table. So you keep scrolling instead of resizing the image (since it is not possible) which would allow the text more width to use. And once you are done with the paragraph... the next text, not part of the above table, suddenly jumps to the whole width. The other 2 options would be to link the picture(s) and you have to navigate back and forth... or just not use a table. In that case, you have a huge picture above or below or somewhere in between, breaking up the whole text.

Yes, I know... this should not become that other forum to keep them distinct... but formatting-options to make a place/post look better. I can see different software at use, but I think it would be a way to improve this place since, to be honest, not having float and resizing available takes a lot of fun out of posting for me ^^;

Back
Top Bottom