Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guilty Pleasures Roleplaying - Discussion

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
As some of you may know, I was hosting GPR for about five years before they decided to leave. I have no interest in feeding drama, but at this point complete silence feels like a disservice.

I gave them the database and files over a week ago. In multiple formats.

Worst comes to the worst, I still have these, so at least nothing is gone forever. Just not available until they figure it out or I am given the blessing to restore things so people can at least access their roleplays.

I am sorry that things are so confused right now. I won't engage in discussion that leads to drama, but I am willing to address more limited questions if people have them. Technicals and such.

As you may notice from the announcement, Blue Moon will also be moving to Xenforo in the coming weeks. So this place will become a bit more familiar looking to you all, at least.

For those not aware, feel free to join us on Discord.

So. Is that site officially down, or do you know if there are/were plans to get it up and running again? Both sites are great, and Ive been a member of both for a few years now. Sorry to hear about the drama. Had no idea anything was going on. Hope everything gets resolved in a civil manner. Even if that does result in GPR being perma-gone. Never good when bad blood is made to boil.

Damn, is there a site that Vekseid isn't hosting? Sad to hear about GPR, the number of sites is already so limited...

They claim to be trying, but the fact that a message isn't even out to everyone is a statement in its own right.

I didn't know there was drama associated with this. I'm not social with the admins, but the info that I found, with minimal effort, was that they were in the process of moving and flipped the switch on it early by mistake, and the site will be up in a few weeks. Not the end of the world for me; I'm active on a few forums, so it's more like a couple of my partners are on hiatus.

Pro rpers don't put their eggs all in one basket. I've been burned that way too many times, lol.

It's interesting to me that the first "drama" I've heard has been this, on BMR. I'm not saying there's deliberate shit-stirring happening, I'm just raising an eyebrow because, from the perspective of someone uninvolved in the drama, this doesn't look great. I hope it's just the lack of context.

I don't have all of the context myself. I've tried to be minimally involved, but there has been some confusion.

Mostly though, it's the timeframes involved. Did not expect things to be taking so long.

I could see that. I heard weeks from the start, so my assumption is that it will be back by June. If that doesn't happen, and there's no further communication, I won't be thrilled. But I won't complain either -- they never charged a subscription fee, so they owe me nothing.

My questions are a bit technical so please bare with me.

I have heard about a drama going on and some changes in GP.Didn't know that was something deep enough to get it to shut down.From what I have gathered 'their official email' that its moving somewhere and everything would be back up.There was a mention of Blue moon there so I came back here to see how things are going or if there is any hint of anything.

Now,

My questions are :

1- Are they shutting down permanently now?

2- since they said there are 'moving' does that mean they are going back up in the same site name? or under a different name ? or what?

Lastly, What is going to happen to our role-plays? gone? or since you said you have got some records and all does that mean we would have access to our rps ?

I'm getting more confused as I am typing my questions. Hehe.

It's troubling that this move is taking so long and that there has been such little communication. It's also disheartening considering how about the shut-down was, or at least I never saw an alert about it. I was in the middle of some good role plays and now I don't have access to them, and I didn't get to exchange contact information with any of my role play partners so that we could continue elsewhere. :(

I had heard that there was some troubles going on within Guilty Pleasures and that the drama was partly responsible for the creation of Black Dahlia, and while I have a couple friends who were an admin on GP I never bothered to ask them about what was going on regarding the drama, I never felt that it was any of my business.

But hopefully it'll be back up. Can never have too many naughty RP forums, right?

I always hate to hear a site is down, I know a lot of people (like myself) use roleplaying as an outlet for staving off depression. Regardless of any drama I wish them the best getting the site running again, although I do hope some for some new rps with people who sought refuge here. 8)

The only way I can think of right now for finding partners is to fill out the form they're posting on the discord and just hope that they join as well.

I received an email today from them saying that the site has now been officially moved but they left no link behind to their new website and any old links through googling them doesn't work. So i don't know if this is legit or not? Did anyone else receive an email from them? I'm guessing if they did they're sending it in mass to former members?

The sender signed it as 'Aizawa' ? Anyone know her/him?

I was so mad that it just suddenly came out of nowhere for me and I would like to ask Why but i know i wont get it but thats ok with me. I'm just glad im not the only one that was confused and upset about it. I really did like that place and im sad to see it go.

The site was fine yesterday, but now it seems like the owners have abandoned it... This makes me really sad... I think their Facebook is hacked as well...

I got the closest thing I could to an update for everyone. This was in the announcements section of GP's discord:
3a9455841bf4b1e38217e10d6774e2cc.png

On RoleplayGateway several of the admins have posted seeming to indicate that it was shut down permanently?

Apparently on the gp discord an admin has said its temporary. No one's entirely sure what's happening, just that some drama was involved.

I know what happened. I have screenshots. The facebook account for GP was hacked so she couldn't handle it and decided to pull this shit.

Yep. I don't have any hard facts as yet to what the hell happened. Likewise on the effort and work being cut off =(

My biggest beef with the whole thing was that it blindsided everyone. No warning whatsoever.

Apparently some admins are trying to get her to open it back up? So I guess everyone should check back every day or so to see if it:s fixed.

Can someone please send me an invite to the GP Discord server? I'm looking for my friend Zarke. My username is Tulpa.

Back
Top Bottom