Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(D&D 3.5 FR) Between Stars and Under Hills

Tenshi

Supernova
Between Stars and Under Hills: A Tale of Drakengard Keep

The_hobbit_thorin_by_trackhua-d5yk51b.jpg

“Harken to my words, my people.

“At the dawn of time, Dumathoin, Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain, hid many veins of priceless adamantine here, in the depths of the Dragonspine Mountains. My ancestor, Arandel Earthlight, was the first of our kind to find this treasure. He guided our ancestors here. He lead them in mining, forging, and in making just war to bring security to the land both above and below.

“They made him their king.

“Seven generations gone, the last of the adamantine was harvested. Our ancestors pondered, ‘Should we move on? Should we seek some other great treasure beneath other mountains?’

“These mountains are our home. We are a part of them in our blood and bones. They still yield iron, silver, and gems. Our cities fill three mountains from the highest peek down into the endless roots. The priests of old have blessed our forges. The heroes of old are remembered in the statues that celebrate them and the tools they have left behind. This is a good land, and it is our land.

“We stayed.

“This is our land. We have held it against orcs and giants, men and elves, ilithids and dragons. For many generations, our numbers dwindled. Three centuries ago, a mere few thousand of us remained in these hallowed halls.

“We shut our gates. We turned away those who came to study and trade.

“We made a mistake.

“55 years ago, Moradin placed the Thunder Blessing upon us. Within a generation, our population has tripled. The power of arcane magic was granted to us for the first time. We must embrace this future, my people. We must rejoin with the larger world, both with our distant kin and with goodly folk from beyond our lands.

“We must do this from a position of strength and prosperity. I wish the people beyond our halls to look to us once more as master artisans with whom to trade or study, as great warriors to treat with for alliance.

“Let us make this new beginning, my people, with the mineral that made us great in the beginning.

“It is time for adamantine to flow from our forges once more.”

--Roderick Eathlight, King of Drakengard Keep

Character Creation:
Ability Scores: 42 Point Buy
Alignment: Generally Heroic. You should also be a proven friend to King Roderick of Drakengaurd Keep.

Feats: Choose an appropriate region from Player’s Guide to Faerun. You gain a bonus regional feat--as well as the languages and equipment.
Level: 9 (36,000 GP).
Notes: Dwarves of Drakengard Keep have ‘mine site.’ They have 90’ dark vision, but are sensitive to bright light. They save at -2 against light effects, and are automatically dazzled in daylight. They may take the Daylight Adaptation feat to overcome this weakness without losing mine sight.
Furthermore, they gain Dwarven Weapon Familiarity. They are all proficient in Battle Axe and Warhammer. They treat exotic weapons with the ‘dwarven’ keyword as martial weapons.
Books in use: A. No third party. B. No path of war. C. Things apropraite to forgotten realms! D. Unearthed Arcana is mostly optional rules. The racial paragons are welcome, though. I may even give them very light bumps. If anything else seems questionable, give me an ask!
Region: Drakengard Keep
Automatic Languages: Common, Damaran, Dwarven
Bonus Languages: Chondathan, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon
Favored Deities: Dwarven Pantheon
Regional Feats: Ax Thrower, Bullheaded, Dauntless, Daylight Adaptation, Foe Hunter (Giant), Thunder Twin.
Bonus Gear: Battle Axe*, Dwarven Urgosh*, Dwarven Waraxe*, Mail Shirt*, or Warhammer*

Moonsea.JPG

Pathfinder Forgotten Realms: Between Stars and Under Hills
Book One: Go and Catch a Falling Star
Chapter One: The Star Smith
World of Aber-Toril
Continent of Faerun
A grassy meadout outsdie of New Phlan.
Fifth of Kythorn.

A big, tawny dog rested on a smooth, peaceful strip of beach against the Moonsea east of New Phlan. Selune was bright and clear in the dark. The stars twinkled, practically dancing in the sky. Not far away, a human girl's passionate cries rose up from beyond the treeline. As they grew in volume and pitch, they raced out over the water.

The big, tawny dog stretched, blue lightly softly arching over her. She glanced in the direction of her demihuman brother and his playmates. His roars now rolled out across the sea like peels of thunder.

The dog gave a wistful smile, then rested her muzzle in her paws. Far too long since she'd encountered a man or maid of her own kind—or even someone vaguely compatible. Maybe she should take a vacation and seek one out...

But what would the big lummox do without her?

PeterLe5.jpg

Close enough to the beach that he could hear the water rushing up onto the shore now that the hammering of his heart grew quieter, Amalric Giantborne cuddled a pair of elfkin sisters against his barrel chest. The young giant's arms were as big around as his two companions waists. They all rested on a blue silk blanket over a bear fur. Amalric rested his head on a cushion, and the girl's rested their heads on his chest. Big hands tangled in blue and raven black hair. Amethyst eyes gazed up into his from the brunette’s heart shaped face.

“You should come with me when I leave,” he whispered softly, voice passionate and eyes dreamy.

Two_elves_for_Amalric.jpg
The girl with the purple eyes giggled and ran her hand over his big chest. “and do what, Amalirc? Become the first in your harem?”

The blue haired girl giggled and slipped out of his arms, kissing down his body and taking his massiveness between her lips.

A soft groan later, Amalric grinned and replied, “Why not? You're bards. You should see the world, dance and play for more than just one city. Would I be such a hard master?”

The purple haired girl stretched up his chest and kissed him gently, “I love you Amalric, but that's not the life for me. Now...”

She kissed him again, hot little hand caressing his chiseled abs. “Lie back and enjoy...

The young giant groaned. His eyes fluttered shut as he savored the two girl's attentions. They were insatiable, like himself. He really wished he could find a way to persuade them...

Amarlic's mind went blank and he just savored the moment as seconds stretched into minutes...

With a sudden gasp, the young giant's eyes shot open! The purple haired girl was bobbing up and down on his manhood now while the blue haired kissed and licked up and down his shaft. Kari and Kristi Songspray always made him see stars, but the fiery comet ascribing a red streak across the heavens was something new!

Amalric's muscles clenched, his tanned skin burned, and his eyes widened as the burning meteor grew larger and closer...

As his member exploded down the two girls' eager throats, the meteor jerked and seemed to explode itself. Where there had been one trail of flame, now seven red hot meteor's streaked apart in a star burst pastern! For once, Amalric couldn't bring himself to roar in passion. The moment was too sublime and perfect. Later he'd wonder what it had been and where the stars had fallen, but in this moment it was only the natural world perfectly mirroring his hammering heart!

A star has fallen from the Tears of Selune. Warmen, the Star-Smith of Drakengard Keep, believes it to be composed of solid adamantine. King Roderick of Drakengard rules a nation with no adamantine ore--but extensive facilities for working it. His people, however, have been largely cut off from the surface world for two centuries, and are extremely sensitive to the sunlight.

They need guides. They need allies. They need investors.

They need friends.

Perhaps they need you?

Last edited:
I am thinking of an arcane wielder who isn't a great spellcaster, but kinda a hybrid mage/warrior. Someone dwarves could still respect enough. Maybe a fighter/warmage kinda thing? Obviously, with dwarves new to magic, having someone who can help them learn how to integrate spellcasting into battle would be appreciated.

Warmage is unimpressive, but makes up a lot for it (in my mind) with style. Thinking of diluting it further with 3 levels of human paragon, 4 of warmage, and 2 barbarian. I know I can't rage while casting, but the combo seems fun, and helps when getting out of the wave of opponents warmages attract. Plus, gotta be able to summon a little physical strength when earning the respect of dwarves.

What kinda bump were you considering for the paragon classes?

Planning on a caster with a focus on Summoning (Archivist or Conjurer). Very likely a Malconvoker

I’m making a dwarf barbarian (natural-born, whirling Frenzy) 1, fighter (thane, dragonscale husk) 9, unsure on feat choice so far, will edit post when I figure out my choices

Back
Top Bottom