Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bio-Ware

Leon

π•Ώπ–π–Š 𝖒𝖆𝖓 𝖔𝖋 π–’π–ž π–”π–œπ–“ π•―π–—π–Šπ–†π–’π–˜
Mass Effect. Dragon Age. Neverwinter Nights. Baldur's Gate.
Do you think that these games can/have weathered the worst of times and are still considered great games or do you think with the coming of the new age, they failures cause the title of Bioware to plummet?
I personally still play and love the Mass Effect games, I own all the books. I am not the largest fan of Andromeda but I still play it and it hasn't tainted the series as much as people tend to make it out to be.
Dragon Age is still great and made it past some rocky hills.
Neverwinter Nights is a classic along with Baldur's Gate which I still remember somehow getting my hands on them when I was younger and they are fond memory's.
Does anyone else think that Bioware has the ability to come back and kick out another game that wouldn't be shot down by the public due to the bad taste Andromeda left?

I think Andromeda was a definite bad moment, but I don't think they're anywhere close to being a developer with a ruined image. If anything, I think they're more at risk of being perceived as a bit formulaic. Their Dragon Age and Mass Effect approach has started blending into a type of game you can definitely describe as a 'Bioware' game, which could be seen as a bit of a stagnation.

I'll admit to being mildly curious about Anthem. Provided it doesn't turn into a clone of Destiny.

That said I have plenty of fond memories of Mass Effect 2 and Jade Empire.

I still have fond memories of Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic, and Neverwinter Nights--especially all the hours I put into the Aurora Toolset and co-opping NWN with a friend of mine (which I can't wait to do again, with a new friend, once we both get to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition). I feel like these, along with Mass Effect, Dragon Age Origins, at least, are still as enjoyable now for me, as they were when they came out--still great games.

Still, I am part of the camp that feels like they've gone downhill. Don't get excited for new Bioware titles anymore. I haven't played DA: Inquisition out of lack of motivation with the sour taste DA2 left, and, well, haven't had the opportunity for Andromeda. Part of that, I wager, is not being able to keep up with current generation gaming, but... yeah. I don't count them out though, I plan on trying both games eventually, even Anthem, cause I've had it happen more than once where someone went downhill then came back with something that surprised me and I really enjoyed (or found that, in hindsight, their game was a much better game than my initial impressions gave... had that happen for Mass Effect 3, even, but the largest culprit of that is Obsidian Entertainment.)

I still load up Baldur's Gate from time to time! Omg classic! Never really got into Neverwinter Nights though.

As for their more recent work, I'm really only familiar with SWTOR, which I still play occasionally.

I would love to see them back but I am very cautious about their next titles. I guess it is a different company now.

Back
Top Bottom