Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Add Discord to Profile Page.

Le_Craig

Moon
Can we also get Discord names added to the profile page? There are sections for YIM and AIM but not Discord. YIM went to crap some time ago and AIM doesn't even exist anymore. AOL discontinued it last year. I haven't seen someone use ICQ in ages and I've never seen anyone use it here. MSN the same.

This would be a big time saver and prevent a lot of useless PMs as people can indicate in their profiles if they play by Discord.

I've got the template to replace AIM with Discord, but it is a matter of getting the UID to link properly. I'm working on it and will hopefully have something up soon.

A_thorny_prose said:
I've got the template to replace AIM with Discord, but it is a matter of getting the UID to link properly. I'm working on it and will hopefully have something up soon.

Thanks. That's great news! Really appreciate it and I'm sure others will, too!

EDIT: I see you edited my post, though!

I added the template and it didn't take. There is something missing that is preventing it from displaying. I think it is something on the MyBB backend that doesn't have Discord baked into the settings, but I'll keep working at it.

Yes, I edited out the snarky bit directed at one of my staff members. You got your point across and we're actively working on it, I assure you.

TL/DR: Won't work on this version. Wait a couple of months for the Xenforo update.

Alright, I've added the scripting for it and I did manage to get a blank field up, but it won't permit a title to specify that it is Discord and it won't link to it either. It turns out that the back end version we have doesn't enable the Discord linking (or Skype or Twitter) or customizing/adding generic fields due to how the defaults are baked in.

If we changed our version, we'd be able to get the webhook for Discord right onto the site with some tweaking, but that just isn't feasible at this time due to updating to Xenforo within the next couple of months. I did manage to remove the AIM field from being displayed, though the scripting is all still there due to it being baked in. Once we swap over to Xenforo, we should be able to update the contact section at will.

Until then, you're free to add your Discord contact info within your profile's bio.

Back
Top Bottom