Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Private Threads

Is there any way you could implement a private threads forum? Something with an unlisted URL that can only be accessed with direct link? PM's are not an ideal format for roleplay, but some people are self-conscious about their writing and would rather keep it private.

It would be awesome to have something similar to the Semiprivate threads, but have it be completely private, visible only to mods and the roleplayers directly involved. I'm sure it could be implemented somewhat easily. Hoping y'all will consider it!

If this somehow is possible, I like the idea.

I find roleplaying through PMs on here quite difficult to keep up with due to memory issues/having a hard time keeping on top of those messages, so I stick with threads because of the subscription system. Implementing a private forum like this would allow me and others to open ourselves up to writing with people who otherwise would have been passed off simply because they don't want to have their writing public.

Honestly, agreed. I dunno if this could be implemented but i like it.

BMR is slated to move to a different software platform (Xenforo) in the coming months and this should be an option then.

I'd honestly just recommend Discord. You can set up a private server, restricted to few or even one person very easily. And have different channels for each story. Much easier to read than threads and PMs and you can easily edit if need be as well.

Some people (myself as one of them) aren't comfortable giving outside contact information to people; I really agree that private threads would be a happy medium between the people who like the easy to follow/track format of threads and those who like the privacy that PMs give.

If this kind of thing is incorporated (after the move I would assume?) I would happily make use of it :)

Back
Top Bottom