Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Waiting on A Reply

CatScrezatio

Supernova
This is a bit of a kind-of, sort-of rant and a little bit of a discussion.

A little backstory to switch the mood.

So I had an idea for a roleplay that I really loved. I loved it so so much, but nobody found it interesting. That was until one day. I met a girl who was keen to try out the idea I was so proud of and so eager to play. We formulated characters and a basic story and set right to it. The Moment I got her first post back, I knew it was goinf to be something special.

We meshed wonderfully well together. We were always able to come up with new ideas to excited the other, always got along very well in OOC chatter. Everything was smooth.

Then because of school/life obligations, she has to leave for a little while. She would drop me a reply every once in awhile, but mostly stayed off the line. But despite that, I made it very clesr that any time she came back, I would be happy and eager to pick up with her, right where we left off.

The last time she was on the site was two months ago...

I've left the advertisement for that roleplay open on my request thread in the hopes it might entice a new partner, but I'm not sure if I want anyone else, and if I do, that anyone else will eant to play with me. That idea sadly never gainrd much traction.

Anyway, thanks for reading this. I appreciate it.

Honestly, I feel you so much on this. I still that that "one that got away" rp. He took an idea I already loved, turned it up to 11 and added a surprising element that made the idea even more enticing. We had amazing chemistry and in a short time (two months) had something amazing. He disappeared one day, and I am still bummed out about it. I've tried the rp with others, but no one else has managed to capture magic he brought to it.

Yup, Im reading through an old RP of mine right now, remembering how good it was, wishing it wasnt cut off abruptly and wishing I could recapture it again.

I suspect my partner will return. Likely once the school year is over, during summer break since she was in college.

I really do wish I couod meet another person I connected with so well. Maybe not for that specific roleplay, but another.

I relate heavily to this on a massive level. i have 2 PM's I sent close to three years ago that have been waiting to be opened, alas, I've about given up hope on it.

Another partner of mine disappeared right after we had started a role-play as well.

It's unfortunately how things sometimes work around here.

I hope your partner returns when you think they will. :heart:

I used to get super excited about role-play replies but I think over the years I just kind of quit getting excited.

I still enjoy role-play, but not anywhere as much as I used to.

MessedupRp said:
This is a bit of a kind-of, sort-of rant and a little bit of a discussion.

A little backstory to switch the mood.

So I had an idea for a roleplay that I really loved. I loved it so so much, but nobody found it interesting. That was until one day. I met a girl who was keen to try out the idea I was so proud of and so eager to play. We formulated characters and a basic story and set right to it. The Moment I got her first post back, I knew it was goinf to be something special.

We meshed wonderfully well together. We were always able to come up with new ideas to excited the other, always got along very well in OOC chatter. Everything was smooth.

Then because of school/life obligations, she has to leave for a little while. She would drop me a reply every once in awhile, but mostly stayed off the line. But despite that, I made it very clesr that any time she came back, I would be happy and eager to pick up with her, right where we left off.

The last time she was on the site was two months ago...

I've left the advertisement for that roleplay open on my request thread in the hopes it might entice a new partner, but I'm not sure if I want anyone else, and if I do, that anyone else will eant to play with me. That idea sadly never gainrd much traction.

Anyway, thanks for reading this. I appreciate it.
Totally get this. I had been looking for a RP partner for some time to develop a particular idea. One day she just materialised and, bang, it took off.
We were really firing on all cylinders. Then, suddenly, she stopped. So I went to post a PM out of the RP and discovered her profile had disappeared completely. Wow, thats never happened to me before. Weird, I know, but I feel a real loss.

Definitely know the feeling.

I have three roleplays that I would start up again hands-down no contest at all if their writers popped back up. I have no expectation for that to happen, the most recent of them ended two years ago, but they're ones that stuck with me and I remember with quite an intense fondness. I would kill to be able to try them again, but I know that even if I could find someone to write with me it just wouldn't have the same magic and I'd be walking in with a lot of expectations that are not fair to put on someone.

I've definitely had experiences like this. Honestly, it's why I left the site for a good long while and why I still haven't posted an interest check since coming back. The things I like are really niche and kind of extreme: not like blood and guts or anything like that, but extremes of humiliation and degradation. This makes it hard to find people who want to RP with me, and when the do I always feel so elated because I've found the rare person who is the submissive yin to my dominant yang. I've bumped into maybe two or three people I've really clicked with on this site, and each time they just wind up vanishing. One of them was particularly bad because they actually came back a couple of times, hung around for a little while, then went dark again. I totally get the frustration you feel.

Back
Top Bottom