Of Mermaids and Men

Autore

Planetoid
As the title implies I'm looking for someone who enjoys thread RP and craving a Mermaid/Merman theme.
I adore details and someone who can keep the creative juices flowing both sexually and literally. Here is the prospective start of a wet and wild adventure...

Beneath the waves that tease playfully over your toes and tries to pull you into their depths waits a world that some only dream about.
All the myths and the stories create fanciful creatures determined to lure the unsuspecting to their deaths.
Or on the flip side they are made out to be creatures of beauty and mystery hiding away from the rest of the world for their safety.
But which one is true? How can mankind determine the truth behind the stories?
The sound of a car honking jerked me back into reality. Outside the large window the crowded noisy streets of New York greet me. A dreary rain poured outside making me shiver despite the warm cup of joe in my hand. I took a swallow and winced at the bitterness. I normally didn't order it black, but I needed something to keep me awake.
Looking down at the piece of paper in front of me I reread the lines I had just wrote. I almost scratched it out, but so far this was the best I had written. Why out of all the research projects did I get stuck with: Mermaids or Sirens, the delusions of sailors or mythical creatures at the depths of the oceans.
Of all the most ridiculous papers to have to write for a senior paper. Why not one of the classics of literature. Not Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I had heard that Professor Conrad was a hard ass but I figured it was just from kids that didn't want to do the work. Boy was I wrong.
From day one it's like he had it out for me. I had a cold the first day of class and kept sneezing. I think he thought I was being a distraction or doing it on purpose.
Ever since then he always assigned me the hardest papers.
Too bad for him I aced every one of them.
After this paper he would be the next classes problem.
It didn't look like the rain was going to let up anytime soon. I hated being stuck in place like this because of the weather. It was quiet for a Friday night probably due to the rain. The people that were out on the streets were huddled under umbrellas or large rain jackets. They were like shadows with how they hurried in and out of view. The proverbial rats scurrying around to avoid drowning in the much of the New York City streets.
I shook my head and took another sip of my coffee. I had to stop getting so distracted. The sooner I finished this the better. Over my shoulder I felt several strands of my lengthy red hair swinging free. I should probably get it cut, but never seemed to have the time. I set my pencil down and tugged out my hair and holding back my long red curls. It took both my hands to gather it all up. Once the thick mess was retamed I was determined to get back to my paper.
Something flickered out of the corner of my eye. Outside on the streets a figure strolled up the sidewalk as if it was a bright clear day. Whoever it was didn't carry an umbrella. This city certainly had its share of weirdos. This wasn't far from the ordinary. What caught my eyes though was that he seemed to be looking directly at me. That wasn't possible though. I hadn't sat near a window this time…..

And from there we create our own spell binding story...what do you say want to join me?

(I will also say this..I'm a bit of a voyeur so that's why iove thread RP...I love being read and seen for everyone's enjoyment...)

Back
Top Bottom