Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mirror with a Past (Toxic & Fiye)

ToxicWildFire

Super-Earth
Calista had a long day at college and was looking forward to her final class Ancient Studies being over so she could go home and relax. She sat down straightening out her long curly auburn hair and winked her emerald green eyes at Tony who was staring at her as usual. Today she dressed in a suede color skirt that flowed just at her knees, a white . It was friday and she had a weekend of homework and if she had time she might call Andrea for a night out on the town. Relieved to hear the bell at the end of class she wrote down the homework then she grabbed her books and was shoving them in her messanger bag when Mr. Clogentien called out to her, "Calista McKlein, could you please see me for a moment before you rush out the doors?"

She looked up at him packing his own own bag and cursed under her breath, that was never good. "Yes Sir." She grabbed her cell and shoved it in the side pocket before making her way down the elevated walk way. Once down by his desk she cleared her throat to get his attention and he looked up at her and smiled. "I have a very special shipment coming in tonight and feel your the only one I could trust to accept my shipment. Can I count on you?"
Calista didn't turn him down often because of the potential of becoming his assistant after this course so she nodded, "Yeah, I can do that for you. I will go grab something to eat from the cafeteria then head over. Still need some of the items cataloged?" Mr. Clogentien smiled from ear to ear just about. "That would be great and help pass time. Just bring me the paperwork tomorrow okay."

She started to leave when she heard him mumbling something then called to her, "Wait!" she turned trying not to roll her eyes when he strolled up to her and held out a beautiful box. "This came before the shipment and I don't think it goes with it though they are so as a thank you......" She opened the box and stared down at the beautiful amulet, gold with a ruby in the center. The gold around it had heiroglyphs that she would love to read into later. As she put it on she smiled, "You know how much i like this old jewelry. Thank you." With that she headed out to the cafeteria and had a small meal. Paying for a water on the way out she headed to the basement of the college.

Calista was almost finished two thirds of the cataloging when she heard the truck backing up to the bay door. She yawned and put the pen down and went and opened it. She double checked to make sure she had the right paperwork and when she realized the item was a fragile ancient mirror. Her eyes widened, "Ok. Carefully bring it over here. Don't drop it or else." She told them in a slightly panicked voice. Why did the professor let this incompentent crew handle such a delicate antique. Once the stressful move was over she signed the paper, closed the bay door and walked over gently taking the thick sheet off the mirror. She whistled in admiration and went to the desk a few feet, leaned over and began to log it into Mr. Clogentien's system.

Back
Top Bottom