Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any Recommendations?

Hey everyone, I'm not trying to be negative here, I really like BM. However, it seems like finding a partner has been becoming more and more difficult. Not sure if it's due to a downturn in active members or the pic below.

28hjs7s.jpg

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other roleplaying sites.

I'm not sure I quite follow, what is it you're trying to point out? The number of people browsing each section?

Different people are on at different times, people have different tastes, preferences and sexualities. As I've mentioned to other users in the past, sometimes there are natural droughts during certain times. I've noticed it my self, sometimes I can't find new writing partners, and other times I find myself swarmed. Sometimes switching up your tactics, or your RT could be enough to change your luck.

I have no suggestions for a different site, BMR is the best one I've known.

I'd recommended Elliquiy. The application process seems a bit off-putting initially but it's actually fairly painless, and quite fun, once you start.

It offers up a completely new pool of potential writing partners, and there's a few things I struggled to find on here over the time I've been a member that I managed to locate almost immediately when I first joined E.

From a year or so ago when I pretty much only wrote/wanted to write here, I'm now pretty evenly split between there and here, with most of stories on BMR with partners I've been writing with for years and it being much easier for me to find new ones on there with compatible preferences, so it's at least worth giving it a go. Having more options never hurts.

Haha yeah I remember seeing the application process a while ago. Not anything difficult, but definitely off-putting. Maybe I will give them a shot. Thanks for the tip.

I've definitely had the most success with BMR, but I have sensed a shift in the culture from when I initially signed up. It's probably just me being weird and picky, but I've had a harder time finding people who actually fit with the kind of games I'd be interested in running. I'm in no place to criticize people for what they're into, especially with my own proclivities, but it's always disheartening to read through request threads full of vanilla stuff like "I want someone to play my boyfriend and we go on dates and have great sex" to find just one person who might have even vaguely similar interests to me.

Back
Top Bottom