Kakegurui - Gambling Maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Am_Nobody

Supernova
Kakegurui is a manga with an anime adaptation (Now available on Netflix for those interested) about a school where social status is determined purely by gambling. Win, and you have social status, popularity and authority. Lose, and you're just a nameless face in the crowd. Lose enough to end up in debt, and you become a Housepet: the entire student body will treat you like filth and no one will care in the slightest what happens to you. End up deep enough in debt, and the Student Council will literally sell your life to the highest bidder.

This system is disrupted by the introduction of a new student, a compulsive, mad gambler with brilliant skill but absolutely no hesitation in accepting the riskiest, craziest, and most dangerous gambles. For her money and power are immaterial, victory and defeat merely the conclusion to the true ecstasy she finds in the Gamble. Piece by piece she begins to challenge everyone of true power and wealth, and with every victory or defeat the stakes only grow higher.

As a lover of games and the like, this is an interest call to anyone who wold be interested in a game with this sort of scenario or similar. While I would love to be the player in a GM-style game, I'm interested enough that I'd be happy to run this game for someone else's Gambler. It could also be a joint storyteller type of thing, with the two of us building a character and jointly creating the world/opponents around us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom