Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Out of curiosity

ImaginationGoneWild

Loremaster Extraordinaire!
Why is the 'Open' roleplay section treated like it's a 'Group' roleplay section? >.>
It requires the same things (making an interest check and needing at least 3 players, etc...)

Why not merge the two? Because on all other websites 'open' roleplays are just for casual stuff that requires -no- planning. You just post a starter and wait for people to jump in and just go with the flow.

The difference between the two is the open rp does not require invitation and/or approval of the rp creator, while group does. A group rp can have a limited amount of slots and the creator may in fact tell a person ‘no’. In open, anyone may join at any point.

Then why does there need to be an interest check before you're allowed to start an open thread? >.> And why does it have to be with at least more than 2 people?

Only the member creating the open RP needs to create the Interest check because otherwise they could start a group that no one joins or only one person joins in which case its a solo story or a 1x1 RP and not a group at all. To add; groups aren't all that popular and don't get too much traffic so it is necessary to be sure before starting.

But what I don't get is that "open" roleplay doesn't typically -have- yo be a group. it's a casual roleplay where people can come and go as they please. So at times it's a 1x1 which can eventually lead to a group and then back to 1x1. That's the point of "open" rp, it's free to turn into whatever, basically.

So far the Open roleplays here are treated like a group rp. Meaning there has to be a mandatory amount of people involved. AND you need an interest check which means at least semi-organization, instead of just writing out a starter and wait and see who will jump in >.>

I find it silly to create an interest check to say: hey, I need people for this starter.... When I can do that by just typing out the starter already and wait to see who jumps in. Hence the casualness of it.

I just find it...odd and I dunno, redundant maybe?

That might be from your other experiences on other sites, I can't really say since I don't know how many other RPings sites you've been on if any others but Open is treated like a group because it is meant to be, we already have several sections meant for 1x1s.

On BMR Open only means a group that you don't need to be accepted to join and has no limits on how many can join. Group RP's generally only have 2-5 maybe 6 available spots and thats iffy [I'm saying 2 because the thread creator counts as one of the 3 necessary to start the RP.] . That is the only difference between Groups and Open on this site. Sites will have their own varying interpretations of what constitutes a group vs an open RP, as such the best thing to do it accept that, thats how that site operates, like they say "When in rome, do as the romans do". I don't personally see it as redundant and neither do most other members, if thats how you see it, then thats your opinion of things and I can't change that.

But thats why open needs to have a minimum of 3 people an interest thread and character profiles thread.

Back
Top Bottom