Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Digimon or Pokemon Open Roleplay Interest Check [Poll]

What Open Roleplay theme would you be most interested in?

• Any

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Digimon

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I'm not interested in Open Roleplays

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
Recently I've been interested in trying either a Pokemon or Digimon roleplay that could be either low/non smut and could even be a 'pokemon' or 'digimon' only roleplay where it would only include wild pokemon or an any average day in the digital world sort of vibe. I'm not entirely opposed to opening this concept up as my primary interest would be to introduce a more casual open roleplay to the site as I miss the Open Roleplay thread section and something to keep activity in this area would really make me happy. If you feel the same way, but this concept doesn't interest you as it is, then I invite you to private message me for other ideas and we could work together on something.

Overall, I think the Digimon concept(while being a less popular franchise than pokemon) has a better odds of working out without digidestined or tamers as Digimon already speak in the language we do and they already have their own world that the show fleshes out pretty well across different seasons. Though, it does seem to change bit by bit, we could really work out any sort of environment we'd like. I wouldn't be super excited to use established or canon characters and I'd like to add a stipulation to avoid such where possible, but if that's an unpopular idea I wouldn't mind negotiating around it.

I'm quite fond of the Toucanmon and the feel of the episode involving them early in the Tamers series. And if we borrow their fake resort concept and build on that, perhaps a family of Toucanmon actually thrive in a beach-y area and really built a Resort for traveling digimon or digimon looking for vacation spot. At first, our characters could meet up there. This would provide a superb staging spot for pretty much any sort of plot direction we'd want to go in while also leveling a reasonable start for new roleplayers looking to join the roleplay with their characters without worrying about messing with continuity or feeling out of place.

As it stands, I know this isn't super fleshed out. And I'd be willing to do a lot more work on it. One focus I'd like to work out early on between myself and anyone who wants to note interest or provide ideas to this thread would be: Does anyone wanna play the 'big bad' or anyone looking to play a 'chaotic/evil' sort of character who is willing to pick up the plot early? If no one else would find themselves drawn to write something like that, I'd be more than willing to make my character be the antagonist and drive the plot while everyone else tries to stop them as protagonists.

Feel free to note any ideas or opinions below, I'm all ears. Don't be afraid to be critical or to tell me that you think this won't be a successful endeavor, I'm tough enough to handle criticism.

If I could get everyone interested in a digimon roleplay to reply here again just to make sure you're still interested, as it has been a while, I'll make sure to start up the OOC/IC shortly after. Thank you!

I'm still in for a digimon rp. Would it be ok to make up our own digimon?

I'd be comfortable with this, If our own imagined digimon is too much of a common-place thing, and balance issues occur(Though I doubt that makes too much sense, lol) We can also talk about doing this just for Mega staged digimon. lol.

One or two more and I'll fly into putting up that OOC/Character thread and the IC shortly after.

As for my disappearance, this interest check went dead for a while, and then irl stuff happened that made me think I'd be leaving roleplaying behind. I was sorely mistaken. Abandoned, just like I had left this great hobby and valuable friends behind. I learned my mistake, and I'm picking BMR over random thots from now on. You can count on me now, I promise.

I am still interested. Would we be playing our own human characters Digimon or would it work better if we played each-other's characters.

I think preferably we'd play our own characters, and their partner digimon. While if someone wants to play just a human or just a digimon, that is fine too.

Now that'd be interesting. Feel free to do exactly that! The character thread will be up soon, I'd like to see as many unique directions to take our characters as will allows!

Guess I should have checked this before I made that thread yesterday. Still slots?
Oh yikes! I didn't mean to cause any conflict, FoF = / Sorry!!

It's an open roleplay, so there's always going to be availability. Lol. I'd very much like this roleplay to be as populated as possible as I enjoy that aspect of multiple writers. Probably.... ugh, moreso than others. Feel free to throw a character application in the character thread.

If reading my characters that already exist there leads you to think you won't like the direction of this open roleplay, I won't have any hard feelings if you decided to run a digimon rp in open roleplay of your own. Understandably, you were looking to run your own and neither of us are at fault for this mix up. lol.

No worries, no one's at fault here. What's our limit on starting digimon? and is this going to be more in the style of any particular one of the digimon series or games or just kind of open on that? I ask because they introduced different kinds of digievolution in the different ones that were unique to those series.

Back
Top Bottom