The Prison Colony

Khatia

Planetoid
Hello all! So I'm here with a new idea I've been playing around with, and I figured I'd toss it up here and see if anyone was interested. If this does catch your eye, please feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss more on how to get this going! I won't waste too much time here, so let's get straight to the idea.

My f-list

Space. The final frontier. For millennia humanity looked up at the sky and dreamed of flying off into the great unknown. Now, that dream is a reality. The discovery of the fusion engine came the genesis of space travel. Humanity spread across the solar system, colonizing the furthest reaches of our stellar home. With advancements of terraforming technology Mars and Venus became earthlike paradises. The Moon orbiting the Earth became a nexus of agriculture as it was given an atmosphere. craters became farmland and small towns and outposts cropped up across the surface of the small globe. For the first few years it seemed like things were going well. Unfortunately it didn't last.

The small size of the moon meant that it was far too expensive to keep it's atmosphere at the proper levels to support large scale agricultural operations and when the costs began to outweigh the profits the project was eventually abandoned. For decades the Moon sat abandoned and empty, the little atmosphere left just barely enough to keep the existing life alive, leaving the air breathable but without enough carbon dioxide to support large scale farming. With little else to use the Moon for it was left to slowly return to a desolate ball of rock and ice. At least until it was decided it might have a use after all.

With the giant boom of expansion came a rise in crime. With prisons everywhere overcrowded and no sign that it might change it was decided that rather than leaving the Moon to rot it would become the largest prison colony in the history of mankind. A life sentence means a one way trip into an ocean of violence and anarchy. A few groups however have established small towns and fortresses, bringing some small semblance of order from the chaos. Most of these settlements are run by power hungry madmen, but they're still considered safer than going it alone out in the wastelands.

My character is a journalist who went after the wrong corrupt politician. Rather than let her ruin his reputation and destroy his career he decided it would be best to get rid of her. So, she was framed for a crime she didn't commit and just like that she's dumped on the prison world with almost no ceremony whatsoever.She happens to wind up grabbed by a group from one of the settlements and dragged back to their home. Your character, the leader of this establishment, meets her when she's brought in and offers her a choice. Either she can stay here where it's safe, or be thrown back out with the wolves. Of course nothing comes free. If she decides she wants to stay, it'll cost her. The offer is simple. In exchange for protection, she would take care of his more...primal needs.

So that's a basic overview. A little longer than I meant it to be but, well, I like a good backstory. If this happens to catch your eye please just shoot me a PM and we can get to talking more about the specifics! Hope to hear from you soon!

Back
Top Bottom