Netflix's STRANGER THINGS + Marvel/Fox's LOGAN (2017 film)

typo-gotika.demo-bold.png

stranger-things-season-2-trailer
-
showimage-4064159-5abdfde343052eccdd359c70decfcc18_b0d63aa485d971da4231bc91f6d8f811-thumb.jpg

INTRO:

I'm looking for roleplays pertaining to STRANGER THINGS (1+2) as well as the 2017 Marvel/Fox film LOGAN. See Post #2 for Stranger Things and Post #3 for Logan! :)

ABOUT ME:

1) I roleplay in FIRST person, not in third. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU MUST ALSO ROLEPLAY IN FIRST PERSON. Third person role players are more than welcome! It doesn't bother me!
2) I'm a very busy person. I go to school and work full-time. I will not be able to guarantee a post every day. In fact, it may be 2-7 days between posts, depending on my schedule. Patience is a must.
3) I do not roleplay over IM (Instant Messengers). ONLY on BlueMoon PM (Private Message) and/or BlueMoon threads.
4) I'm looking specifically for mixed plot and smut based romantic roleplays containing a female x male heterosexual character pairing. Please note, I will be playing the female character, therefore I am looking for male players/characters.

HERE IS MY F-LIST: https://www.f-list.net/c/temptationist/

Things I look for my in my partners:

1) First OR Third-person roleplaying perspective.
2) Patience (as I cannot reply daily)
3) Literacy: Good spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. Must be capable of producing multi-paragraph replies as I normally write (3+ paragraphs).
4) Creativity: Must be capable of moving the plot forward so that the story doesn't stagger or fizzle. I like partners who are always moving towards plot twists, depth, and character development.

Table of Contents:

Post #1:
Introduction
Post #2: Stranger Things (1+2)
Post #3: LOGAN (film)

RE: Netflix's STRANGER THINGS (minimal spoilers for Season 2)

Stranger_Things_logo.png

Introduction:

I absolutely adore the Netflix Original STRANGER THINGS and have watched both Season 1 and 2 (as well as all of the "Beyond Stranger Things" after show). I will keep SPOILERS for season 2 at an absolute MINIMUM but cannot guarantee full safety as there are basic details that I have to mention in order to flesh out ideas and pairings.

YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE SEEN AT LEAST SEASON 1 - however Season 2 is not necessary to be viewed, but is ideal.

From the show, I am looking to primarily play two specific characters:

1) ELEVEN "ELLE" (JANE):
Based on SEASON 1
I'm looking to play an OLDER version of Eleven/Elle/Jane. She would be anywhere from 16-19 years old. For details on how that would be possible, please see my story idea below!

2) An ORIGINAL CHARACTER:
Based on SEASON 2
An OC who is also one of the human experiments from Hawkins Lab. She will be experiment 003, and significantly older than Elle is in the show. I'm looking to place her character between 22-26 years old, however she may appear much younger in age (late teens). For more information on her, see below!

The Nitty-Gritty:

"Upside Down"
02_Stranger-Things.gif

Main Idea:
In the series, Eleven (nick-named Elle) is just 12 years old when she escapes from Hawkins National Laboratory of Energy in 1983. She was born and raised in the lab, knowing little to nothing of the outside world. Used as a science experiment and weapon by the State Government, Elle possesses powers of telekinesis as well as holding a profound connection to an alternate dimension known as "Upside Down". In this alternate dimension, the world as we know is identical, but in complete ruins. The world is like our own, but the opposite, shadowed in darkness and filled with gloom and despair. This alternate dimension is mostly deserted, except for the fact that it is inhabitted by carnivorous humanoid alien-like species. It is completely inaccessible to humans, though, while in a mind-experiment with subject Eleven (my character), a gate to Upside Down was accidentally opened when Elle made contact with the creature in her mind. The creature, unleashed within both dimensions, terrorizes the city, collecting bodies (which seemingly vanish without a trace) that it brings with it to the alternate universe.

1) OLDER ELEVEN:

CONCEPT:
In the final chapters of Stranger Things, the creature is lured out by towns people, and Elle becomes the only person capable of defeating it. She sacrifices her life to save the lives of her friends (Mike, Lucas, Dustin and sort of Will). At the end of the series, she is presumed dead after telekinetically battling the beast head on, and subsequent disappearing into a cloud of ashes with the creature. For this roleplay, I'd like to play on the hopes many fans have that Elle is not dead, but in fact alive living in the Upside Down alternate realm. My idea is that she returns to our real-life dimension some time later (months, a year, or years later). However, when she returns, she will be much OLDER, as time in Upside Down functions much differently (and ultimately faster) than in the real-world. I'm thinking of making Elle anywhere from 16 to 19 years old in appearance.

Because I'm AGING Elle, I decided to use singer-songwriter Hasley as my model for what I envision Eleven would look like as a teenager. The internet world has already preached the similarities between Hasley and actress Millie Bobby Brown:

HPRMJXV.png

(Left: Hasley - Right: Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven "Elle")​

HOWEVER...
I will offer several different options for what Eleven "Elle" will look like upon her return (see below).

Option ONE:
Same buzzed hair style as when she was 12 years old - her hair would not have grown in the Upside Down dimension.

Option TWO:
Very long brown hair - her hair grew exponentially in the Upside Down dimension (hair would be down to her ass).

Option THREE:
Bright blue hair, a mutation caused by being in the Upside Down dimension for so long.

If you didn't like any of these options, I will also offer an alternative to Hasley. If you don't fancy Hasley as the model, then there is also actress Brianna Hilderbrand (Deadpool) that I see some similarities, as well as actress Monica Barbaro (unREAL).

THE PAIRINGS:

I'm looking for a partner who is willing to play one of three CANON characters from Stranger Things.

A) Eleven "Elle" x Chief Jim Hopper

Jim Hopper is a dead-beat, borderline alcoholic cop (Chief) of small-town Hawkins Police Department (HDP). He turned to the bottle after his only daughter (little girl named Sarah) died from cancer and his marriage subsequently fell apart. His ex-wife remarried and had another child, while he moved out of the city to small-town Hawkins and became Chief there. In the series, he is one of the biggest heroes. He not only uncovers the truth, but becomes determined to save Will. He even performs life-saving CPR on him in the Upside Down dimension and ultimately saves his life (in many ways). He has brief contact with Eleven near the end of the series, though not much.

However, when she returns, perhaps Eleven attributes Will's life and the success of the mission, and turns to Jim for shelter, food, and comfort while she figures out how to re-integrate back into society. Despite their drastic age difference, comfort turns to intimate companionship, as Eleven becomes an compassionate individual who fills a gaping void in Jim's life.

I'm thinking Jim cleans up his act a little, and when Elle returns, looks a bit more put together such as this. MORE TO DISCUSS!

B) Eleven "Elle" x Jonathan Byers

There are a few different ways we can explore this relationship. Jonathan is very close to the crisis in Stranger Things, since it's his little brother Will who initially goes missing. Although his contact with Eleven is extremely limited in the series, Elle is a big reason why Will was able to be retrieved ALIVE from Upside Down.

In the series finale (Chapter 8), the show ends on a cliffhanger. Will is shown puking out a slimy, moving and crawling piece of a creature from the Upside Down dimension. The final scene also shows Will *seeing* his bathroom in the view of the alternate dimension. This means he still bears a connected to the alternate dimension. One of the ideas I had was that in this roleplay, perhaps Elle is able to return to the real-time universe by channeling Will, making contact with him in her mind, and thus opening a gate again to the real world. A much older-looking Elle returns to the real world in Will Byers house, where Jonathan Byers finds her in fetal position, unconscious, buck naked and covered in slime in his bathtub.

I'd like for Jonathan to have matured in his style as after heading out to college, and envision him looking like this. As for the plot, I'm open to other ideas/ options as well!

C) Eleven "Elle" x Benny

This is sort of a bonus pairing which is not only a bit of a stretch, but also nonsensical. I thought I'd throw it out there anyways. My final pairing is with Benny, who actually ends up being shot dead by the CIA while they attempted to retrieve Eleven after her escape. He is dead within the first couple of episodes, but he is the very first person to make contact with Elle in the outside world. He is absolutely the sweetest guy in the whole series, being very careful and very kind to Elle (feeding her, offering her clothes and trust). I adored his big, buff and beardy manly-man character who was Mr. Tough Guy on the outside, but the most compassionate man on the inside.

For the sake of roleplay, I'm thinking he survives the shot to the head, but when he awakes from his coma, it is weeks after all the "Strange Things" in Hawkins happen. He awakes in a government-run hospital, where he is brainwashed in his rehabilitation into believing that "the little girl with the shaved head" was just a figment of his imagination, an illusion his brain created after severe brain trauma. The government doctors convince Benny that because he was shot in the head (attempted assassination), that it was too dangerous to return to Hawkins, and that the government would enroll him in the Witness Protection program, give him a new name and identity, and relocate him to another state far away. After some reluctance, he agrees.

However, when Elle attempts to break free of the Upside Down realm, she manages to muster all of her energy to create a gate/portal to the real-world. Though, when she returns, she returns in the house of Benny, as he was the first person to care for her after she escaped. Despite being relocated, her mind still made a connection to Benny and found with. This is a random idea, however, and I'm open to others.

________________________________________________________________________________​

BONUS: MARVEL (Comics) CROSS-OVER

Loved Elle's character and would like to introduce her into the Marvel/ superhero universe? SAY NO MORE.

Roleplay in the 1980s: Since Elle has tremendous telekinetic powers, I can easily have her as one of the few opened "enhanced" / mutants of that time (80s).

Roleplay in modern time: Same as above, Elle would be an "enhanced"/mutant. She would emerge from the Upside Down portal in the MODERN WORLD rather than in the 1980s, where she came from. We can also incorporate the concept of dimensions through the Tesseract, too. In this scenario, Elle would be very much clueless of how the world works. She already had so little information about it as a child (living in a laboratory her whole time), so imagine now emerging in a technologically-advanced shit-show that is 2016 (albeit a futuristic version of 2016 since it is Marvel). As she is already a strange character, she would be even more weird in terms of behaviour and customs now that she is in the modern world.

Stranger-Things-2.gif

2) ORIGINAL CHARACTER - EXPERIMENT 003:

* SPOILER ALERT *
This character idea is based on STRANGER THINGS 2 (second season) and contains SPOILERS.
Although I will try to keep spoilers to a minimum, I cannot guarantee safety from this point on.
I will try to keep spoilers limited to only what the TRAILER has revealed.

CONCEPT:
We know from Season 1 of Stranger Things that Elle is EXPERIMENT 011 and that her real name is Jane. But what happened to all the children experimented before her? Experiment 001-010? Although not much is known about the extent of Hawkins Lab and its experiments, it is assumed that Eleven (Elle/Jane) is not the only one.

For this RP, I will be playing a human experiment known tattooed "003" by more commonly known within the lab as "PYRO" for her telekinetic abilities and particular affinity to heat and fire.
For her character, she will have two faceclaim options:

Option ONE:
Dark haired, blue-eyed female appearing between the ages of 16-26 years old.

Option TWO:
Redheaded female with blue eyes appearing between the ages of 16-26 years old.

Storyline:
We know from Season 1 that Elle opened up the "gate" to the Upside Down by making first contact with the other dimension in one of the experiments Dr. Brenner ("Papa") subjected her to. We also know that despite referring to Brenner as "Papa", it is unclear whether or not he is her biological father. I'm thinking for this roleplay, whether or not he is truly her biological father is irrelevant. However, he WILL be the biological father of Pyro, experiment 003. Unlike Eleven, Pyro was NOT born at the Hawkins Lab. She was born in Soviet Russia, to a Russian mother and American father (Dr. Martin Brenner). Initially, Pyro's mother acted on behalf of the Soviets as a spy, soon meeting Dr. Brenner and his scientific work. Shortly after she becomes pregnant with his child, she is discovered as a spy and imprisoned in Hawkins. Pyro's mother, who's real name is Yelena, is used as a guinea pig for experiments and tortured, though to the lab's surprise, she does not miscarry. Instead, the baby grew stronger, soon developing powers before Pyro was even born. Despite attempts to get her mother to confess, Yelena managed to escape back to Russia before Pyro was born. However, the experiments left Yelena's pregnancy in a vulnerable state, soon launching her into premature labor. Pyro survived birth, but her mother died as a result of complications.

Orphaned at the hospital with no identification for her mother, the baby is taken and adopted by one of the local nurses. She is named Zarya, meaning "morning star" and "sunrise", and raised in a small Russian town. Despite trying to give Zarya a normal life, her adoptive mother soon realized the nature of her powers, and their dangers. Although she tried to protect her, she eventually fell victim to American spies, who kidnapped Zarya when she was just 5 years old and returned her to Dr. Brenner's infamous laboratory. Although Dr. Brenner also subjected his daughter to experiments, he bonded to the child (his biological daughter) and did claim to love her as his own kin. He sought to heightened, improve, and strengthen her abilities by pushing the boundaries of his experiments and her powers. Eventually, though, limits were crossed, and Pyro found herself in another dimension - what would later become known as the Upside Down. After several incidents of contact with this mystery realm, Pyro became trapped. At just 10 years old, she disappears... forever.

In an effort to retrieve his daughter from this untouchable dimension, Dr. Martin Brenner begins a mad hunt for children with telekinetic abilities in hopes of one day opening the portal to the Upside Down dimension once again. In those efforts, Dr. Brenner creates experiment 011, also known as Eleven, and pushes her to the same limits as his own daughter Pyro in order to unlock this realm. Although successful in opening up a physical "gate" to the Upside Down, Dr. Brenner does not find his daughter - concluding that she is most likely deceased from having spent 12 years trapped in the decimated realm.

Pyro's Powers:
Pyro has telekinetic abilities that are similar to Eleven, however different. She is capable of creating telekinetic energy like Eleven, however her powers are not strengthened by anger, they are strengthened by HEAT. The hotter an object, the more control she has over it, making her particularly talented with fire, explosions, and gunfire. She is able to stop a bullet dead in its tracks with her mind, even going so far as to turn the bullet back on its firer. Due to this affinity with heat, one of her primary weaknesses is COLD temperatures. When placed in a cold environment, Pyro's abilities are incredible diminished and suppressed. Although Eleven is a talented locator and telekinetic communicator, Pyro does not possess that same ability. Instead, she possesses the power of manipulation - capable of influencing people's thoughts and actions with her mind. Additionally, Pyro is resistant (nearly immune) to disease, infection, and poisons.

A) "Pyro" x Chief Jim Hopper

Jim Hopper is a dead-beat, borderline alcoholic cop (Chief) of small-town Hawkins Police Department (HDP). He turned to the bottle after his only daughter (little girl named Sarah) died from cancer and his marriage subsequently fell apart. His ex-wife remarried and had another child, while he moved out of the city to small-town Hawkins and became Chief there. In the series, he is one of the biggest heroes. He not only uncovers the truth, but becomes determined to save Will. He even performs life-saving CPR on him in the Upside Down dimension and ultimately saves his life (in many ways). He has brief contact with Eleven near the end of the series, though not much.

However, when she returns, perhaps Eleven attributes Will's life and the success of the mission, and turns to Jim for shelter, food, and comfort while she figures out how to re-integrate back into society. She tells Jim of her experiences within the Upside Down during her disappearance, and how she survived with the help of a mysterious woman, experiment 003. Although Elle was able to cross back over, Pyro was unable to. In an effort to free her from the Upside Down, Elle works with Jim to try as bring Pyro back to Hawkins.

This can be done in a number of ways. Either Elle trains every day with sensory deprivation to try and unlock a portal within Jim's home (so that Pyro can cross there) or perhaps Jim physically travels deep within the Upside Down (through the help of Hawkins Lab and their big "gate" in order to retrieve her.

I'm thinking Jim cleans up his act a little, and when Pyro returns, looks a bit more put together such as this. MORE TO DISCUSS!

B) "Pyro" x Jonathan Byers

There are a few different ways we can explore this relationship. Jonathan is very close to the crisis in Stranger Things, since it's his little brother Will who initially goes missing. Although his contact with Eleven is extremely limited in the series, Elle is a big reason why Will was able to be retrieved ALIVE from Upside Down.

In the series finale (Chapter 8), the show ends on a cliffhanger. Will is shown puking out a slimy, moving and crawling piece of a creature from the Upside Down dimension. The final scene also shows Will *seeing* his bathroom in the view of the alternate dimension. This means he still bears a connected to the alternate dimension. One of the ideas I had was that in this roleplay, perhaps Pyro (who is trapped in the Upside Down) is able to return to the real-time universe by channeling Will, making contact with him through his connection to the dimension, and thus opening a gate again to the real world. A much older-looking Pyro returns to the real world in Will Byers house, where Jonathan Byers finds her in fetal position, unconscious, buck naked and covered in slime in his bathtub.

I'd like for Jonathan to have matured in his style as after heading out to college, and envision him looking like this. As for the plot, I'm open to other ideas/ options as well!

C) "Pyro" x Billy Hargrove

Season 2 introduces a new character - Billy Hargrove - who bears striking similarities in character, style, and behavior to Ace (Kiefer Sutherland) from Stand By Me. In the show, Billy is the new rebel in town, having moved from California. She is a "bad boy" in the series, and is actually quite cruel, narcissistic, and rather sociopathic.

I don't have storyline for how these two would cross paths, so we would have to creatively brain storm those ideas!

D) There are many other ways we can introduce Pyro to Hawkins. I'm equally open to OTHER IDEAS you may have. Send them my way!

RE: Netflix's STRANGER THINGS (minimal spoilers for Season 2)

LOGANPOSTER.jpg

I just watched LOGAN again (newly released on Netflix) and it blew my freaking mind as it did when I first saw it in theatres.
It's now my all-time favorite Wolverine/X-Men film. It's also the most realistic representation of what a world with mutant evolution would look like if it existed in modern times.

( *** MASSIVE SPOILERS, TURN BACK NOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE EXPOSED *** )​

The premise, plot, and detailed summary of the film:
(Not necessary to read)

The film is set in a mild dystopian near-future, in year 2029. The film depicts the world was relatively the same, with the exception of some small technological features and medical advances in genetics and biology. Advances include cybernetics, cloning, and genetic modification (including "test-tube" babies). Mutants have dwindled dramatically in numbers, with an evolutionary halt stemming from a complete lack of mutant birth in over 25 years.

Of the famous and primary X-Men, only Logan (Wolverine) and Charles Xavier (Professor X) remain alive. However, both mutants have grown old and sick, with Professor X suffering from a degenerate brain disease causing lethal telekinetic seizures. Charles is deemed by the government a "Weapon of Mass Destruction" after a terrible seizure caused Charles to emit a deadly wave of agonizing telekinetic attacks that lead to the death of several X-Men, and caused over 600 injuries. Although the incident happened over a year ago, Logan does not wish to see Charles suffer from the guilt of his seizure. He opts to sedate Charles using a cocktail of medication in order to suppress his memory of the events. Additionally, he keeps Charles locked in a water tank in order to shield him from the world.

Similarly, Logan is dying, as the adamantium covering his entire skeletal system is slowly poisoning him. The toxicity of the chemicals has lead to a compromised immune system and in his regenerative ability. This has left him aged, weak, and hopeless. Despite his ailments, Logan doesn't seek treatment, as he no longer has the will or desire to live and contemplates taking his own life by shooting himself in the head with an adamantium bullet. Despite depression, a drinking problem, and a weakening physical state, Logan scrapes together a living by driving a Cadillac limousine in the city.

One rainy day while on the job, a Spanish-speaking Mexican woman approaches him begging for his help as the Wolverine. He dismisses the woman, telling her to leave him alone. As he returns to Charles, his best friend began to babble about a new mutant. Logan brushes off his babbles as sedated jibberish, and continues working as a driver. He receives a call for his service and drives to a motel where he is encountered by the Mexican woman and a young girl, yet again. The woman bribes Logan to driving her and her "daughter" to North Dakota. Logan is hesitant, but agrees. He returns to the motel the next day to find the woman murdered, and the girl missing.

Driving back to the border where he is keeping Charles, the two of them find the girl on the property (having snuck into his limo).Charles is overjoyed, stating to Logan that this child is a mutant. Still dismissive, it isn't until a slew of men in black militarized vehicles follow them back does Logan become exposed to the gravity of the situation. As the men begin to attack, the little girl, named Laura, unleashes the beast without, emerging from a state of silence to bear adamantium claws bearing striking similarity to Wolverine. Lauren goes crazy on the men, nearly wiping all of them out.

Logan escapes the property with Charles and Laura, though the men are not far behind. Soon an explosive chase across the South ensues, with Logan and Charles discovering through a video left by Laura's "mother" (actually a nurse who cared for Laura, not her mother) that Laura is a child of a laboratory program designed to breed mutant soldiers, and most importantly, that she is Logan's biological daughter. With his genetics used to create her, Laura is born named X-23 (subject number) with claws on her hands and even feet, as well as the same regenerative ability as Logan.

The three embark on a roadtrip, where many tragedies occur, including the murder of an innocent black family as well as the death of Charles Xavier (who is murdered by a CLONE of Logan). Logan eventually agrees to finally take Laura to North Dakota, where she claims there is a safe-haven called Eden for mutant children. Despite believing the place is fictional - just a figment of the X-Men comics - he begins the drive to the location, but falls very ill. He awakes several times from unconsciousness, once in a walk-in clinic and another time at the safe-haven in North Dakota. Both incidents he is taken care of by Laura, with the help of others. The mutant children of Eden explain to Logan that they are hiking to the border of Canada, where they will seek asylum in order to escape the American government. When Logan awakes the next morning, the children, including Laura, have all departed for the border.

In the climax of the film, Logan sees government trucks driving up the hill, and senses that the children are in danger. Rather than walking away, he grabs a green serum vial, made to enhance his strength, and takes off for the mountains. There the children are being captured by soldiers, unable to fend for themselves. Logan injects the entirety of the serum into his neck, the liquid giving him the stamina to turn into a killing machine. He, Laura, and the other mutants take down the attacking crew, though the incidents leaves Logan impaled by a tree branch. The serum wears out, the chemicals from the adamantium in his system finally poisoning him enough to stop his regeneration. He dies with his daughter Laura by his side, and the film ends.

Additional details:
Mutant children has not been born in 25 years (aside from the lab) because the government had been injecting a X-Gene suppressant into the produce throughout the United States. This left virtually all of its population incapable of passing down the X-Gene.

Your Character:

James "Logan" Howlett

IMG_6495.jpg

First and foremost, I'm looking for someone who is willing to play Old Man Logan. The details on his age and illness can be discussed!

I'd like for Logan to be hardened, hopeless, and bitter of life like in the film. In the movie, he has lost hope for not only humanity, but himself, and lacks a sense of meaning in the world. He does not find he has purpose, and as a result, has developed a drinking problem and depression. However, as Laura comes along and he discovers she is his biological daughter, he soon begins to care for her and ultimately gives his life to save her.

Despite Logan dying at the end of the film, I'd like for him to be resurrected from his grave. How, you ask? Through my character, of course!

My Character:

Marianela Sancha Sarita Castilla

IMG_6496.jpg

Marianela is a mutant who also possesses a regenerative ability that allows for accelerated healing. Additionally, she is one of the few gifted individuals to be classified as a "Complex Mutant" (or Comp for short). Complex Mutant is a term used by the American government to identify mutants who have a wide variety of mutations, including varied abilities. A Comp will possess a multitude of defined powers, beyond the normal spectrum of capability, as a result of several mutations in their X-Gene, as opposed to the usual single mutation.

A list of her abilities include:
- Psychometry (the ability to read memories from objects - this makes her an exceptional tracker)
- Telepathy (to a varying degree - her ability includes reading people's memories and emotions)
- Mental and Emotional Projection (similar to her telepathic abilities, this power allows her to project emotions, memories and even hallucinations and nightmares of individuals)
- Touch Connection (he ability to influence people all done primarily through touch and emotional connection).
- Telekinesis (the ability to move objects with your mind)
- Immunity to almost all diseases and poisons
- Extraordinary Healing (the ability to heal others through touch - this power can also be used on the recently deceased to bring them back to life)
- Regenerative healing (the ability to heal oneself at an accelerated rate)

Bio for Marianela:
I'd like for Marianela to be Laura's (X-23) biological MOTHER. Although her file states that her mother is just a random, Mexican woman (a nobody), I'd like for that to be a front/lie. In fact, Laura's mother is not Mexican, but of Spanish descended royalty from the Catalonia region of Spain. She is known infamously as "Dama de la Muerte" in Spanish, or in English as "Lady Death" for her destructive, seductive, and often deadly abilities. Although we can discuss the details, essentially Marianela is captured by the U.S. government and is experimented on against her will. She is implanted with a test-tube fetus that has been injected with Logan's genetic makeup. She is the only woman to have Logan's laboratory fetus survive the pregnancy (all other hosts failed to carry the child to full-term). However, once Marianela gives birth, the child is ripped from her arms - leaving her in complete agony. The event left the facility in absolute shambles, as Marianela lost control of her powers as her baby was being confiscated. Many people died as a result of her meltdown, almost causing the entire operation to go under.

Details behind, Marianela leaves the facility with the help of the nurse (the one who took Laura to Logan). With the operation in chaos, the three of them (including the other mutant children) were able to escape. With the government on their heels, Marianela is shot dead in front of Laura and the nurse. The nurse continues in her efforts to protect Laura, ultimately bringing her to Logan before she, too, is shot dead. However, Marianela survives the bullet to the head after some time in recovery, despite looking dead and bleeding out. She attempts to find her daughter through using her abilities, though years of torture at the hands of the facility coupled with a recent bullet to the head has left her unable to perform at her highest level. Instead, she finds herself constantly one step behind, ultimately leading her to Logan's recent grave (rocks and a cross made of tree branches by the kids).

The story would begin here. Marianela would revive Logan and he would, quite literally, resurrect from death. The two of them would/could work together to get the children over the border into Canada to seek asylum, all the while trying to regain a sense of purpose, reality, and human connection (with the help of one another). The details of their relationship and its nature can be discussed! :)

Other Options:

I will also consider a pairing with Caliban x Marianela OR Caliban x An older X-23 (see below).

Caliban​

caliban2.jpg

LOGAN Adaptation:
In the film, Caliban is quite a different mutant than previous adaptions, such as Caliban from Age of Apocalypse, as well as the many takes on his character through Marvel comic history. In the film, Caliban is portrayed as a highly intelligent, humble, witty character with an exceptional ability to track mutants (from great distances, too). However, in the comics, several versions of his character limit his tracking to a 25 mile radius or less. HOWEVER, the comics also portray Caliban has having many other abilities, too. Such as:

Caliban is able to psionically sense the presence of other mutants within a 25 mile radius of himself. Originally, Caliban was able to increase his strength to superhuman levels and absorb fear-generated psionic energy from fear radiated by others, turning it against them when his adrenaline levels rose. Apocalypse’s genetic manipulation enhanced his strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes to superhuman levels, and allowed him to use his fear-casting powers at any time. Apocalypse subsequently altered Caliban’s powers to allow him to generate a psychoactive virus that attacks from within on the highest planes of the psyche. Having lived for many years underground, Caliban’s eyes were sensitive to even the smallest amount of light, but recently that seems to no longer be the case. (Marvel.com)

Physical differences:
In the film, Caliban appears tall, but rather frail. Moving much like he described as "Nosferatu". He is also vamipiric-like in the sense that he is allergic to sunlight. However, the comics portray him as far more physically superior. Caliban is supposed to be 6 foot 8 (the actor who plays him in LOGAN is also 6 foot 7), and extremely muscular. If this is a version you'd like to play, I am more than willing to do so. Additionally, many fans argue that actor Joseph Gatt would qualify closely to what the comics have described Caliban to look like.

Roleplay Adaptation:
In the film, Caliban dies of suicide (in order to save his friends, Logan and X-23). He dies as a result of a self-inflicted detonation, where his body is depicted as deceased. However, the comics have portrayed him as ressurected (with new skill sets) on more than one occasion, making Caliban a highly malleable and adaptable mutant character. We can have him resurrect OR if we pair him with Marianela, she can resurrect him using her own mutant abilities.

Older X-23:

Laura (Howlett)

lauraresize1.jpg

If you prefer a darker-featured X-23, there is also this option.

I am also willing to explore a timeline several years after the film LOGAN. The roleplay will take place 5-10 years later, making Laura between the ages of 17-23 years old. In the adaptation, Laura would have successfully crossed the border into Canadian territory, where her and the other mutant experiments seek refuge. They are granted Canadian citizenship, and begin an orphanage and academy of mutants on their own with the help of other Canadian mutants (this can be left ambiguous or we can discuss which adult mutants take care of them). At this academy, X-23 continues to train and strengthen her abilities, as well as rehabilitate and reintegrate back into normal society post-Transigen life.

How she ends up crossing paths with your character can be discussed.

I will also consider a pairing between Caliban and Older X-23 as well as Donald Pierce and Older X-23.

ORIGINAL + OTHER CANON CHARACTERS:

Have an original character (OR another CANON superhero) you'd like to pair against either Marianela or Older X-23? HIT ME UP. I am open to discussing alternative pairings and options. Send me your character and ideas, and we'll take it from there.

ADDITIONALLY:
You may also check out my OTHER Request Thread that has a COMPLETE list of superheros/heroines within the Marvel & DC universe that I am willing to portray, as well (see Post #6-8).

Back
Top Bottom