Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Tabletop players: Fantasy Grounds

Do you know of Fantasy Grounds?

• Total voters
Yo there everybody! Recently I have been very much looking into getting things for D&D, learning to play and what not. I have a good number of books on PDF file. (Most being 5e and the 3.5e handbook.) Though admittedly im a more 'hands on learner' with someone who knows the fuck there doing.

While looking around the D&D homesite mostly to do a store locator to see if there was a shop that was doing it remotely within reasonable driving range. I came across a supported program and site for not just D&D that I thought a number of people may find interesting or may or may not know about already!

It's called Fantasy ground you can get a sub for it for like I think like 3-4$ a month for basic and like 8 for the ultimate. Which in the short run aint too bad.

The program costs 40$ on steam for the standard and ultimate is like 100$? Like for what it is, yeah it's not like overly cheep but from what I have read it is gotten pretty good reception. I have been considering getting it myself and curious to see if anyone here might already know of it, own it or what not to give a bit of imput.

Fantasy Grounds for the steam link.

I have to plug Tabletop Simulator, (mostly because if I go a day without advertising it I might melt), which can be used to play D&D among other things. It's $20 and I have gotten way more than $20 dollars worth of entertainment out of it.

Things I have personally played on TTS:
Eldritch Horror
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
Snake Oil
Cards Against Humanity
Epic Spell Wars
Magic the Gathering

If $20 is too steep for you, it should go on sale next month for $10.

Fantasy Grounds is the bomb for DnD. Especially if someone owns the ultimate package... then it's free for everyone yo connect to. Also, they now have deals on packages that have full modules in them.

On a side note... if anyone's looking for another player. I'm down! :)

I love fantasy grounds compared to roll20. As a DM it easier to run the games. And so I've found the players to be of a better quality than on roll20. Less flakes, more people who are time with less drama. But that might be because as a player and a DM, I game with those who own ultimate.

I recently picked it up, Steam had it for sale. I'm still getting use to it. I got the basic edition.

I play on Roll20 and found it more user-friendly than FG. There were certainly some elements that I thought were cool, but the application itself was a nightmare to navigate.
While Roll20 is by no means perfect, you can use some API scripts to make your life a whole lot easier.

As for other tools I'd recommend -- D&D Beyond (digital rules and sheets), Pinterest (art and maps), Dungeon Painter Studio (on Steam for creating custom maps), Inkarnate (maps), Azgaar (world maps), Token Stamp (fast .png token maker), Kobold Fight Club (encounter builder) and this quick reference guide here... (y)

Back
Top Bottom