Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Baybreeze {Everyday Thoughts}

RE: The Bay Bungalow {Everyday Thoughts}

She sells sea shells, souls, and scented candles.
Step into her boutique to find mystery books, bones, and brass handles.
You’ll find her glasses upon her nose reading as she rests.
She already knows your name, the first as well as the last.
She watches and waits until one asks:
“Don’t I know you?”
...perhaps from your past.

Her worn velvet chair sitting like that of a throne.
Gazing upon her fortress as one might wonder,
Into the maze of shelves you’ll find magazines, Minotaurs, and moonstone.
The wooden floorboards make familiar creaks from years of stilettos, sneakers, and striking thunder.

The vaulted ceilings are dizzying to gaze upon.
Paper stars hang upon the rafters as well as personal adds, poison, and a kings loyal pawn.

Simply a story that’s been stuck in my head for the past day. Trying to also catch up on my replies so I needed to get this out of the way first before I began that task.

~~~

She had had a long week, her day to day had demanded so much of her time and energy that she was looking forward to simply going to the new exhibit at the museum this weekend... but it hadn’t gone as she had hoped...

Saturday night she got home, the heavy wooden door swinging closed behind her, it had been such a draining night. She tended at a wedding, the happy bride hand picking the dress she had to wear for the night, a tea length tight dress, collar to her neck and intricate lace design. The silk lining making it feel like but still... she immediately began to unzip the dress starting at the back of her neck and going as far as she could before she needed help. Her ankle boots making a pleasant noise across the hard wood floors.

She expected him to greet her, beer in hand, one for her and a half empty one for himself. But nothing of the sort. Only slightly disappointed she searched, discarding her purse, fresh with tips, upon the kitchen counter and grabbed a beer for herself. The fresh pop echoing before she brought it to her parched red lips and took a long draw.

Her boots came off next, the worn black leather still perfectly formal for any occasion. Leaving her in mix matched socks. Undoing her hair that had been pinned up all night, her light curls falling over her shoulders. She gratefully ran her hands over her scalp before lifting herself off the kitchen counter and headed to where she thought the mysterious owner of the house resided.

She couldn’t help but lean against the doorframe as she entered and simply look at him, his brow furrowed, annoyed with his work, simply doing it for he had to. Only one empty beer sitting beside his laptop. Good thing she had thought ahead.

He didn’t even notice her, the classical music just loud enough her mask her entering.

His blue eyes looked up at her and she couldn’t help but smile as she set a chilled bottle down before him and sat upon the edge of the table next to his precious laptop. Her dress sliding up her calves to her knees, ankles crossing, and the high collar wider from her unzipping. Blonde hair in wild waves even as she tucked them behind her ear and took a long drink.

“How was your night?” He asked, taking the bottle gratefully, leaning back in his chair and looking at her, his free hand going to gently touch her sore calve. His features that of fondness and relief she assumed seeing as she distracted him from his work for now.

“Fine. The guests made complete fools of themselves and I, your lovely bar wench am completely to blame.” She answered, a small smile on her lips as she looked down at his laptop, “I could ask you the same thing...” he knew what she meant, she thought he would be done with work by now, done and she might have him all to herself... but she was disappointed.

She heard his sigh... it was never a good thing, sighing, it meant he didn’t want to say what he knew he had to.

“Something came up, I wont be able to go to the museum tomorrow.”

“You promised...” she said her jaw clenching and a look of disappointment crossing her features before she covered it up by taking a long drink.

“I’m-“

Before he could say anything more she stood, “Its alright.” It wasn’t. She headed out the room and zipped back up her dress, grabbing a pair of black stilettos, slipping them on just in time for him to hear them go out the front door.

She hated promises being broken. But she knew she shouldn’t be mad at him, there was nothing he could do. She reminded her self of that even as she called the Uber to pick her up and set in the destination. It wasn’t her favorite bar, that would have been too loud, too many drunk college age students making her feel out of place and ill dressed. So she picked his, knowing he would call the establishment and check to see if she was there before finding her if he oh so chose to do so and win back her affection. If he could.

A woman’s scorn after all...

Even though she didn’t look out of place she would always know she was. The dimly lit bar full but not packed. So she chose a seat on the corner, facing away from the door. Her hair given a honey look by the candles placed periodically about.

“Sapphire and tonic,” she gave a soft smile to the attentive bartender, “please.”

It was all very... nice. Nice looking people, well perhaps not their faces but the clothing, the attitudes, the upholstery upon the chairs, the way the staff opened bottles of wine ever so correctly, the faint pop of a cork unrecognizable in the mumble of chatter and banter.

Sliding her plastic over for him to hold onto. The heavy highball glass was placed upon a cream monogrammed napkin, the heavy base of the glass making a soft thud. Clinking of ice, light green lime spraying against her hand as she squeezed it in and brought it to her red stained lips.

It was always refreshing, tonic and the herbal gin. Something to sip upon. Give her a different taste to linger upon her tongue every time she drank.

While she drank she doodled, small pictures upon the monogrammed napkin. A mountain with a small lake in the foreground, a deer, its antlers elegant. A woman’s profile across the bar, her face that of a mid thirties woman, but she simply drew her as she desired, no wrinkles or slicked back bun. Instead she was a wild haired woman with no care in the world drinking what? Her extra day martini, how one could drink such a thing she might never know.

Time seemed to pass fast, as few came up to her, asking her what she was drinking. Business men, all having had just enough to keep them in the sweet spot of drunk but not too drunk to keep serving them, a bartenders best friend. She simply smiled and gave them excuse after excuse, mostly ignoring them if they did not go away after a couple inquiries. The bartender usually coming over to save her, like mentioning their oh so loving wives back at home who were most likely up to their own sins of the night.

Another gin and tonic gone and she had been here for an hour or so. Simply, being.

Before a hand rested upon the small of her back and a figure slid into the seat next to her, he was in a gray button down, and slacks. Simple but nice, shirt unbuttoned at the top slightly less formal than she usually saw him as.

“I see you started without me.” His soft, deep, words were close to her ear and her whole body responded.

If she could have forgiven him then and there she might have but her stubbornness refused, “Looks like you’ll have to catch up.” She said crossing her legs as she turned towards him, a brow arched and tight smile on her lips.

He gave a soft chuckle as he waved over the barkeep, “Scotch, neat.” His gaze returned to her. She knew he wouldn’t be out if it weren’t for her so it was a step into the right direction. But he still had a ways to go.

She refused to look at him as he watched her body language. She simply looked down at her drink or up at the wall of liquors. But all the while she felt his eyes upon her and it made her body feel restless.

They simply sat together, knowing no words really needed to be exchanged, just simply letting each other’s presence make itself known to one another.

The wall she had built seemed to be made from ice as it began to melt. She was never one to stay mad long. So, she stood. Letting her empty class stay in her place.

“Come.” She took his hand, “Dance with me.” She knew he wasn’t one to dance. And no one else was dancing in front of the live jazz band as they played soft blues, plaid in their black attire.

“I-“

“Dance with me.” She said again and his hand took hers and he let her lead him to the small open area before giving a small twirl, making herself dizzy but he caught her hand and brought her against his chest. The steady man holding her tightly as she found her footing again. A small giggle on her lips, hands resting on his chest. He was smiling at her now, both had had such a long day. But the simple act of a laugh seemed to be enough to lighten each other’s features and make the bar seem empty.

Here is one thing thing I’ve found I hate in life:
being yelled at.
The words always cut through me like a knife.

It doesn’t matter the person.
A lover, a friend or an angry customer.
But it always seems to make my dementor worsen.

Hands get shakey and eyes get wide.
I want to defend myself but then again I just want to hide.

Now let me say this,
For everyone’s sake,
Don’t tip me over the edge for you’re sure to fall into the abyss.

A woman who doesn’t care about her job or who you are.
For you’ll wish you never walked into her bakery.
But it hasn’t happened... so far.

~~~

I’m not having a good day what so ever. That’s not even a good poem. It has no real rhythm, it just rhymes. Here’s to getting it out of my head and hopefully it gets better.

Happy Halloween
Have fun but keep your hands clean
You never know when the cops will come knocking on your door
Looking for the killer of the body that washed up on your shore

Welcome to November
Be a good little church member
For you’ll never know why they string up a sinner
Only that they were just beginners

Show me some secret avenues
where I can kiss you and you can wrap your arms around my waist,
back me up into a doorway and have me trapped in your arms

Make me feel breathless as the wind whistles by
and force pleasure from my body just from your look, your taste,
open the door and catch me as I fall.

Feel my laugh in your core echoing upon the old brick walls
watch as my smile slips all the way to my toes with sleek seduction
and pool upon the floor in forgotten fabric.

Look upon as my confidence wobbles and crashes
as you stalk your prey with deadly precision
catching my hands in a vice and pinning them to the wall

May the Gods strike me down,
thinking the way I do,
For I dare to wear the crown.

May the seas boil in my wake,
Feeling the way I do,
For I make the earth quake.

May the

~~~

Unfinished

Also something I wrote while drinking one night...
~~~

If you decide to test the waters you better know how to swim
Because you’ll find the superficial tidal pools that can be seen to everyone
The beaches and upon the sands, full of seashells, whitened and bored into by the sun, dead coral taken home for souvenirs
The stranded fish and crab struggling for survival in the shallow pools

But as the tide comes in
The fish are released back into their home away from the onlookers who gawk and poke with their cruel words and unknowingly hurtful tones
But the brave can still find these fish, these treasures, healthy and free.
Vibrant colors flaring and bubbles floating to the surface with laughter and heart felt words.
The luck of some to see these vivid waters... so few can see

I will shed the skin of my enemies

The scars and tribulations that they inflict upon me

I will tear their marks from my form and show them

For I am not the one to be condemned

Back
Top Bottom