Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deeper into the Labyrinth

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonewar

Supernova
Jareth spent years watching Sarah grow up, as the goblin king was a lonely man. So he had spent his time poorly and reached out to her in anyway that he could. His countless minions had time and again entered the mortal world they had taken little things at first. Taking back to him nothing more then a brush, a mirror or a pair of panties. But a limited in intelligence as they were they took it from the wrong girl, not from Sarah but her daughter. "you fools what world I do with a kitten" Jareth asked holding the mewing thing by the scruff of the neck. It licked him its sand paper tongue up and down his nose as he held the thing close to his face, if he could not reach the mother.

"Bring me the daughter, that is if you can manage even that small feat" Jareth dismissed the minions holding nothing now but an image of young Sarah captured in one of his magical orbs. How much he longed to seek out and contact her, maybe she would come to him. Perhaps the dreams they shared would be enough, enough to bring her to him. Jareth sat on his thrown it was so hard to send things between worlds that few even tried. He watched the cat play with the long ends of his robe batting with its small paws as the soft fabric. "Tell me kitten what is she like, what is Sarah‘s daughter like" He asked the small kitten who could only cock his head and look up at him.

At the same moment in the mortal world there must now be taking place a storm. He could picture it now the old flat in the city made of fire red brick with white window panes. In time Sarah had grown up and forgotten about him, her brother had moved far away. How brave the small boy had been then when as a child he had taken him how beatiful Sarah had been. "Time may not touch me but my heart has grown still colder" He moved slowly turning away from the mental image. The cat was gone, lost down one of the many holes of his castle.

The rain was pouring outside, and against the roof it made a harsh noise. Allie sat on her bed, holding her knees to her chest. Tears had been running down her face all day. "I don't know where she is." The brunette mumbled. At the age of fifteen, she was socially still rather awkward. Her mother had raised her with fairytale books and stories of imaginary lands. Of course, most children got this treatment, but most of their parents didn't truly believe in these places. Sarah had convinced her daughter that The Underground existed, and therefore, most of the other kids her age thought she was crazy, or at least still a child.

Wiping a few tears with her arm, she looked around the room. "Lily?" She asked, as if her kitten would suddenly appear. But there were no meows in return. She had searched all day for her cat, and now, she was terrified. The storm outside would kill her. Distressed as could be, she jumped off her bed, and began to research through the closet and boxes in her room. "Allie!" A voice called. It was her father. "Tomorrow we will look outside for the cat." The masculine voice of her father made her hopes drop even farther. That meant he was tired of hearing her whine about the kitten, and if she continued, there would be yelling.

"Just try and get some rest." Her mother added. Sighing, Allie moved to her dresser, and changed into a pair of pajama bottoms and a tank top. "Perhaps she will appear tomorrow." She mumbled quietly. Pulling her curls to one side of her neck, the blue eyed beauty pulled back her covers and crawled into bed. It wasn't even nine o' clock, but the toxicity of the situation made her exhausted. "Goodnight Lily." She whispered into the empty room.

Hoggle was rooting around the closet which connected to the underground as all closets in the mortal, or overworld did. He could hear the child and her father, Overworlders were so prone to emotional scenes. Tugging at a box he felt the ugly cloths topple onto him it was hard to dig out of the smelly things. The round white balls were awful tasting. "what is an Alli and how am i supposed to wrap it". Hoggle could hear that the girl was no longer crying he stood still covered by old cloths. The door to the closet began to open damn girl must have heard him searching, maybe she thought he was a rat. "damn him maybe he will take another pair of panties" the things had no use but to be smelled and fondled.

Hoggle looked up at the girl jumping he ran past her leaping onto the bed and crawling under the covers. "Do you know where and Alli was, i found a white fur ball but now he wants an Alli" Hoggle looked back at the girl her face was all red and her cloths were stained with water slowly he removed a handkerchief. The only human was Lareth sort of calling Jareth a human was like calling a tiger a cat. "whats wrong human child" he asked handing her the frilly handkerchief it was not his. Hoggle was one of the few brave enough to enter the overworld most hated it fearing the light. Only Hoggle knew enough to sneak around and not get caught but now he had been discovered.

Allie had been asleep for only a few minutes when she heard something scratching around in her closet. For a moment she hoped it was Lily, but then remembered she had completely searched through the closet. Closing her eyes once more, she tried to block out the sound, pretending that whatever she heard was just a figment of her imagination. But within moments the door opened, and she saw a black figure walking out of the small room. A scream almost escaped her, but no sound would come out of her mouth. Terrified, she sat up on the bed.

Just then, something got under her covers, beside her on the mattress. Jumping up, she left the warmth of her covers, and was standing in the middle of her room, staring at the creature. "My name is Allie." She whispered quietly. For some reason, she wasn't so frightened anymore. White fur ball... That was Lily! "Where is the cat? Thats my cat! I want her back!" The girl pleaded. She had hardly heard the last part of his sentence. He wanted an Allie. Who was this 'he'? And what did he want with her?

He pulled out the scroll looking her up and down before grabbing her foot this was an Alli "you are an Alli if you don't come with me Jareth will be cross. Jareth was not the only one that missed Sarah. He tried to pull her to the closet but he was too small and she was to big to be dragged by little only him. "come on please come with me or Jareth will do bad things to me" He looked back then to the girl why did he want her.

Looking at her it was easy to see that she had come from his Sarah the person who had finally discovered how brave he could be. "you mean that white thing, it was such a pain it would not eat anything i gave it" The creature had cut him up all bad when he had tried to take him the first time. The second time he had come back with a sack that had shown the monster who could not get through. "now will you come with me or the goblin king will send all his knights and they wont take know for an answer" he warned her.

Allie looked very confused at the small man. For some reason though, the name Jareth stuck in her head. Where had she heard it before...? Ah yes, those fairytales her mother had told her as a child. She had become so attached to those stories that she did think they were real. Well, she might as well see if they were! Besides, a little adventure never hurt anybody. So pushing aside her common sense, Allie nodded. "I'll go with you." She stated, sounding very brave for a moment. "But I want to be able and see my kitten too."

Grabbing a soft zip-up jacket, she covered her upper half, and moved towards the closet where he had come in. "Ugh. I had just cleaned this!" She complained. Still, she stepped through, and looked back at the short man. "Well, come on then!"

Hoggle looked at the young woman then jumped past her into the closet that seemed to go on for miles and miles. Trees grew through solid rock with branches slicing through the ceiling supporting massive boulders. "You should stay close to me" he warned lighting a candle in his hat the wind could be heard blowing through the underworld. The roof was a good 50 feet over his head lit by lights that looked like fireflies only they were not they were crystals filled with luminescent moss.

"Jareth will be so happy" Only since Sarah left things had taken a turned the king no longer ruled all in his kingdom. The hobgoblins the nastiest of the goblins were in open rebellion and ate anything they could catch. Hoggle looked around taking out a small orb that Jareth had given him a smile formed over his lips. Goblins were not good people even the best of them if only he could find out why he wanted the girl. "Why does Jareth want you" he asked hoping she woudl have the answer.

Allie walked through her closet, staying close to he strange creature. He might have seemed strange, but he was going to take her to her kitten, and possibly show her the fairytale land she had always dreamed of as a child. Still, it was odd to hear that someone wanted to see her. A goblin king was asking her. If she hadn't been so convinced this was in fact a dream, she would of been her frightened.

"I... I don't know." The brunette answered. Moving her way through the branches, she pushed aside the sticks and twigs that didn't affect he small Hoggle, but were getting stuck in he hair. "Who is his Jareth anyway?" Allie asked, stepping over a large rock. "I mean my mother used to tell stories about some Labyrinth with a king named Jareth, but those were fairytales."

He turned around slowly the light of the candle bathed both of them in light he smiled holding it down to an exposed hand. "He thought it was all made up" the bleached bones looked to be recent but were centuries old. Back to a time when the underworld and overworld were once one kingdom. A place called, well the name was lost but Jareth had once been a human king of human lands. Only the dark things now lived there what a shame he was such a kind man a good man.

"Jareth is, was the king of all goblins, i am told by humans he is very handsome and ageless" he smiled looking at the girl the piercing scream of great birds could be heard above as they circled looking for prey. she may not like the trees but she would hate the fearbringes, what he called the great scavenging birds. "I would cut you're hair but Jareth had told me to let no harm come to you" he smiled tearing the branches down to from a path through the forest to a clearing and hooked cliff.

Allie listened to the creature, but his words confused her greatly. Kingdoms, overworld, underworld, goblin kings? This had to be a dream. It was far too outrageous - far too much like a bedtime story turned horror movie. Sighing, the girl moved on, trying to push Hoggle to go faster. She wanted to be out of this land as fast as possible, to see her kitten. The bones were an odd sight, but she scoffed at them. Probably some fake Halloween decoration.

She ignored the birds as best she could as they moved past a cliff. "Are you sure this is the fastest way there?" Allie complained. She was in her night clothes, and it was rather annoying to walk so far in the thin clothing. "Aren't all the creatures here supposed to be magical? Can't you just poof us to the king so I can get my cat and be on my way?"

He blinked she was already acting like a spoiled princess and she had not even been in the underworld a full day. "Can you run a hundred miles an hour or jump a tree" He continued to walk behind her soon they came to a long bridge. The castle was on the other side and two Goblins stood guard at either end. He had a bad feeling about this the goblins were none he recognized and he knew almost all of the castle guard. He grabbed the girls arm "I have a bad feeling about this".

The guards crossed the axes stopping the pair from crossing the bridge the goblin on the right pushed him back when he tried to move. "Move in the name of Jareth king of the goblins" demanded the small creature. The men laughed holding out a picture of himself with words the girl would not understand underneath. "Youm in big trouble much grog i buy when i turn you in to the goblin go" spoke the goblin slowly he was not that bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom