Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It’s mostly me complaining about musicals in here. And like, one role play request post.

An Introduction
I've decided to take a new approach to my request thread as of the recent changes. But first, I will subject you to learning about me. Naturally, this is optional. You can skip this area and go on your way. But if curiosity compels you then please, continue. I personally just enjoy talking about myself. For anyone who cares, I am NB with she/they pronouns and will happily respond to she/her/they/hey/you stop stealing my food. I do present femme and I also didn't want to make a new request page. I am an age that I sometimes remember. Most of the time I find I am tired and that is my life.

There is something I feel people are mistaken about. I don't come on here for a turn on. I enjoy mature themes and adult writing. If you ask me about the kinks I will do, it really has nothing to do with what turns me on. I play to my character, the things they like are not necessarily thing I enjoy. It's not about that. There are many talented people here, everyone here is an adult(I hope), and I have a lot of fun experimenting with characters and ideas.

I could probably give you a range of experience, but at this point I can no longer remember. I've simply been roleplaying and writing for quite a few years. In fact, I have an English degree and focused on creative writing and I am well aware that I am probably screwed in the job market. So that's fun. But I write because I love it. Characters, story, drama, adventure, magic. I love it all.

Availability
Generally speaking, I like to be available to reply at least once a week. I will try to let you know if something is coming up, but if I just up and vanish, chances are I will return and explain. I lead a hectic life these days and somehow working from home I have less time. Honestly, feel free to nudge me if I have seemed to completely vanish, most likely I didn't realize I was gone that long. I am also not always capable of replying if I AM online. I actually check Bluemoon on my phone but I prefer to make replies when I have a computer available. So don't be offended if my profile says I'm online and I haven't said anything to you.

Roleplay Mediums
PMs. I may consider e-mail, but primarily I will roleplay through PMs. I've tried threads, I don't enjoy them and it has never gone well for me. Please don't try to convince me otherwise, I assure you it will not work.

Contacting me
I hope I don't have to ask given the rules. Please don't post here. Just message me. This is here as just a reminder, I want to make sure it's there. Also, I know this is a long looming thread, but I honestly really don't mind talking to people. In fact, I really like it when my partners like to talk outside of the rp. Sharing ideas, music, etc. So don't be afraid to just talk to me.

On a side note, if you find zero interest in roleplaying with me but are someone who wishes to have long conversations about musicals, feel free to message me.

About You
So, personally I don't really care who you are on the other side. Male, female, a bear who learned to type, what have you. You don't have to tell me except if you're a bear because I have questions. The only thing I ask is that you not be a jerk.

Definitely not happening
My F-list is below, but there are some definite buzz kills here that I will go over.

Same sex main character love interests as the only pairing: This is just something I haven't dabbled in enough and I am a little nervous writing. I am absolutely willing to have a pairing of the same sex I would just like some comfort zone buffers is all.

All sex no plot: This is the most boring thing in the world to me. I'm not the person for this. In fact I'll state it here, spicy scenes are bottom priority for me.

Modern day without supernatural/fantasy elements: I live in today, why do I want to roleplay it, too?

Avoiding conflict/drama: I don't know if you've ever enjoyed a story, but in most cases conflict is needed. Avoiding it is just terrible. When something is thrown at a character and they just go 'oh hey, it's fine, no big deal!' then why the hell am I here? It all just falls flat and there is really nothing to continue on with.

Romance only roleplays: I love romance in a story, I do. But if that's all, it gets stale fast.

First person perspective: This is something that I cannot seem to stand in roleplays. It is unappealing to me and a little disorienting when I write in third person perspective only to get something in a different POV.

One Liners/tiny posts: Nothing kills me more than me putting so much effort into a post and receiving one to two lines in response. I just can't do it. I feel like we should both be working to move the story along in scenes and just saying 'yeah, and then they did that.' and ending it there is truly disheartening. I understand not every post needs to contain many paragraphs, sometimes certain short posts move the story along no big deal. But when it is only a couple of sentences that does not move anything along and this becomes the trend of responses, I will very quickly lose interest.

The good stuff
Now down to the reason you're here. My interests and ideas. I know it's listed above, here is my F-list. Most of my maybes are negotiable as I do play to my character so my own likes and dislikes are generally irrelevant. So, onto things I DO enjoy.

Third Person Perspective: This is the POV I write in, and this is the POV I hope that all my partners respond. I know that sounds harsh, but it has happened to me too often after stating I will not do stories in other perspectives.

Already established relationships: I like to be able to jump into something and not have to have a whole introduction and how they met, etc. In romantic relationships it is interesting to strain them and see how much they can take or if they'll survive. And even break up, romantic love is never perfect and these bumps in the road pave the way for interesting character growth.

Revolution/Rebellion/Uprisings: It's one thing to fight each other, it's another to deal with the relationships of people who are in constant danger in fighting their rulers. And beyond that, how they interact with people on the other side.

Secret Relationships: I love the tension of needing to sneak around because it could result in death or ruin a reputation. There are interesting hoops to hop through and it's always a lot of fun.

Cruel guys with sweet girlfriends: There's something adorable about a guy who is willing to cut off the fingers of one person with a sweet lady he spoils. These probably work best with side characters, but still a concept I enjoy.

Jekyll and Hyde types: There's something interesting about seeing the worst side of a person completely manifested into one and then switching back to someone kind and reasonable.

Drama/Conflict/Tension: A story is nothing without it. Well, it's not enjoyable to me without it. If there is nothing in the way and it is all a smooth journey, then why do it? Everything has a consequences. Embrace it and the story will be better for it.

Fantasy: If I haven't said it enough, it is my primary go to. Unless we're going medieval/Victorian/past nonsense, I am unlikely to do anything that does not have fantasy or supernatural elements. It doesn't need to be heavy or normalized in the setting, I'll work with varying degrees.

Flawed Characters: I feel like I shouldn't need to put this here, but here it is! No one is perfect. In fact, perfect characters are really just flat and uninteresting. I don't care if your character is a loving Adonis. Who cares? I'm more interested in the mistakes to come and the scars that will be gained.

Dying Healers: I love magic having a cost and with that comes my love of playing dying healers. That the cost of being able to save lives is to slowly lose their own.

Adventure: Going from place to place discovering new things and new dangers. It's one of my favorite things.

Revenge: Being consumed by revenge can lead to different paths. In some cases acceptance. In others, destruction of oneself. Insanity. And so on. It's all rather interesting and I find it fun.

Convoluted Stories: Hell, if we're making it, why not make it as complicated and dumb as we want. Obviously there are some limits to that, but I don't mind having a billion hills and valleys.

Love triangle/squares/shapes: There's a lot of fun in messy relationship situations. This person loves this person, but they're into someone else and so forth. I thrive on conflict.

I will destroy anyone who has harmed a hair on your head: No notes. Just a thing I like.

New Ideas: Honestly, don't be afraid to bring up new ideas. I'm actually craving it. The worst I can say is no. Even if it's not my speed, maybe we can formulate something completely new.

My Ideas
I'm not going to put up everything about a story here because then you will know just how insane I am. So, instead, I will give a brief description and pairing ideas. I'll give the rest in a PM. If pairings are listed, the bold one is the role I plan to take.

Particular cravings:

The Coldfire trilogy. Nothing specifically from there, more taking some elements going on from it. If you're read this trilogy, go ahead and just message me because I have some thoughts and I need someone to talk to about those.

Vampires. I'm viewing a lot of media based on vampires and I'd like to explore some ideas of them. Whether it be taking a gothic approach of the monsters that represent our fears and desires or exploring the more urban fantasy struggles of them. Either way, I'd like to check it out. Heck, I might even be interested in toying with some Vampire the Masquerade classifications. I'm no expert but it'd be fun to try out. My biggest interest is exploring someone like Lucy who I believe to be the biggest threat in Dracula, someone who acts as prey to lure in her meal rather than go hunting like the other vampires. Also Astarion happened, so there's that.

Demon apocalypse human rebellion. Got some complex ideas, I just wanna do it.

Bored Tryant. I got through some inspirational stuff in Final Fantasy 14, and I liked Zenos. So I would like to toy with an utterly twisted relationship.

Forever
Vampire/Immortal

He knew loving a mortal could only ever lead to pain. So why? Why was he so foolish to fall for her? 'Till death do us part' was a vow he knew he would have to face if she did not take his eternal curse. It came swift, it took her too young. But when she woke again, she was a new person.

Cursed
Demon trapped in a warrior's body/Runaway

When you hear true love in a fairy tale, it is always the young hero who wins the maiden. The brave and handsome warrior. Not the monster he is meant to kill. So why is it, then, that the damsel in distress they found prefers the monster? What secrets does she hide?

Breath of Life
Reckless warrior/Healer

Life was complicated from the moment she was 'blessed' with the ability to save lives. The only cost was her own. Losing herself a little each time she used her gift. Yet still, she chose to follow a man who went without care, losing his life as if it was something easy to dispose of. In a world so dangerous, why did she choose him?

Obsession
Love triangle!

She was young and easily pawned off to a rich man who would stop at nothing to have her. Forgo a dowry, give the family a comfortable sum of money. Keep her in his home even before a wedding had taken place. He had to have her. Yet he scared her in every way possible. How foolish of her to think she would be able to enter a marriage for love. Perhaps that was what made her vulnerable to an affair. Yet what safety can their been under the roof of a jealous man?

River of Styx
Hades/Persephone

I would just very much like to do anything with these two. Whether we go with the classic myth or decide to do a modern twist on it all. I'd be happy to hear new ideas or share some of my own.

Fandoms
This will be a short list. I almost exclusively do canon/canon ideas, though. Not all of these have to be done in the original settings.

The Adventures of Duan Surk
Agnis/Duan

Final Fantasy VI
Terra/Locke
Daryl/Setzer

Final Fantasy XIV
Au Ra/Hyur
I more want to work in the setting rather than anything canon.

Mixed Final Fantasy
Locke/Terra/Cloud

Legend of Mana
Heroine/Elazul

Valkyrie Profile
Lenneth/Arngrim

Dragon Quest V
Bianca/Hero

Experimentation
As of late, there are some things here and there I would actually just like to try or incorporate into a roleplay. They're really closer to prompts.

The Gothic: Crumbling/decaying homes and lifestyles. The sense of horror and dread at what is happening. Insanity, fear, or debauchery that looms over and plans to destroy their lives.

Something inspired by Drakengard: This one is weird as I have never played any of them. However, I am interested in trying something inspired by 1 or 3. The price of pacts and the like. The unhappy or bittersweet endings. Or things that are just outright strange.

Concubine out for blood: I don't have a complete idea for this, but it's something I would like to test out. A faraway princess captured and forced to be the usurper's concubine. Only for her to be plotting to kill him and take her birthright back. Perhaps have an affair with her former betrothed and plot together how they will take the kingdom back.
As they danced together she says "You know I belong to someone."
He says "I know." With a grin and dips her, "you belong to me."

Mystic Messenger Inspired: I found myself back in this game. I wouldn't know how, but I certainly wouldn't knock anything inspired by it. Even bad endings. Especially bad endings. Unless it's Zen or Yoosung. I just...no. 707 is always my favorite. And Unknown.

Star-Crossed: I would just like to try something that will always end in failure. If it is repeated or if no matter what they do it simply cannot be. An element of futility is sort of interesting. Knowing that no matter what is done the result will be the same because the stars are so angered you must be punished.

A list of things I've read, don't want to roleplay but include ideas I like: The Remarried Empress, Under the Oak Tree, When Fate Finds Us, The Last Straw, I've Become a True Villainess, Like Wind on a Dry Branch, Karina's Last Days, My Happy Marriage, etc.

Last edited:
So I've probably complained about this before but I'm gonna do it again. Life After Life is such a dramatic song in Dracula the musical and the visual is just them standing there.....on a bare stage. I've watched a couple of different overseas performances(the Korean one being my favorite) where it's Lucy on her first feeding on humans. Like it's the most obvious thing to do! I just feel like when they wrote it they just didn't think about any of the fun parts of having vampires in a show and were like "What have we got? Vampires? Uuuuuuh and what else....that's.....sexy I guess?" Like you can use VERY simple visuals and it gets the point across and they chose....stand there and cross your hands over your chest and then uncross them and glide of stage.

Also they gave Dracula a love ballad when his first song has like electric guitar and establishes his let’s say eating habits. So it’s kind of this show of his uncaring nature to humans and then it’s just “here’s this super basic love ballad.” I also just don’t like it when they make him sincerely in love with Mina and she just…..is also in love with him don’t worry about it. Mina is the Velma of the Scooby Gang, he targeted her because she was figuring him out so I feel like this really undercuts her intelligence and contributions to the story.

Also I hate the Dracula loves Mina storylines. Mostly because they’re usually “because Mina is his dead wife” or something. So he doesn’t even really fall for Mina because of who she is, it’s because he’s instantly attracted to her due to a past life she isn’t anymore and can’t remember. But then never mind she does and she loves him too even though he killed her best friend. The Francis Ford Coppola one even has the “you killed Lucy….but even so I CAN’T hate you!!!” Like….yes you can. He killed your best friend.

Anyway it would be nice to see an adaptation where Mina and Jonathan are a power couple and the Scooby gang is a little bit more significant as a cast.

Anyway, back to Dracula. Where I will bring up that Vlad the Impaler was never Dracula.

There is no proof Bram Stoker actually knew who Vlad was. We know he was studying Wallachian history and saw the title Dracula but not who had the title and that he jotted it down and wrote “Dracula means DEVIL.” And kinda? It means “Son of the Dragon” which has also been translated as devil or demon as well. But it comes from the title Dracul which is dragon/demon/devil and a Dracula is a son of someone who had the title of Dracul, Vlad the Impaler just happened to have the title of Dracula. He was one of many who had the title.

The idea that Dracula was based on Vlad the Impaler was kind of a fan theory by scholars BEFORE they ever had Bram Stoker’s notes. I do think the people who posed this theory did retract once we had more solid evidence of his thought process. Dracula was already being written by the time Stoker found someone with that title and was clearly like “that’s a real cool name!” There is also some evidence in the book itself that points to Dracula not having any relation to Vlad.

The real funny thing is that it’s actually Francis Ford Coppola’s fault that this is the accepted canon because of his movie. The funny thing is the script was actually really old and they were like “this is the first time the REAL Dracula, Vlad the Impaler has been incorporated on screen!” It wasn’t. There was a British version that did incorporate that down to the dead wife thing. It’s possible the person who wrote the original script brought to Coppola had seen that version because the script itself was actually pretty old when Coppola got it. Anyway fan theory became inaccurately canonized by the public because of a movie.

It’s probably a good thing that Stoker saw Dracula and went “that’s a cool name!” Because he was working with Count Wampyr which is in the same school of thought of Dr. Acula. So I just feel like it’s an overall good choice.

Also Nosferatu in theory should be completely lost media. Not for the obvious problematic elements, which is a whole other can of worms that do make me think it shouldn’t actually be remade if you don’t fully understand the uuuuuh….let’s say issues

Anyway, film didn’t come out too far away from Dracula being published. So Bram Stoker made a lot of bad deals which meant with the adaptations that happened, his estate didn’t actually receive much money. Nosferatu is just Dracula with some minor changes. While it is it’s own story, they definitely knew what they were doing and kind of hoped to get the movie out without much notice, but Stoker’s widow DID notice and she took them to court(rightfully so she also got the short end of the stick here) and while she couldn’t really get much money from them she did demand all copies be destroyed. And most were. The reason we have it is a few damaged copies existed and they managed to take those and archive the film.

Also a lot of film has been lost cuz film reels are just REALLY flammable.

So reading the Remarried Empress has been an entirely enjoyable ride for me, the first season like did stress me out in oddly a good way because it’s the comeuppance of everyone who was being shitty to the main character is much sweeter that way. The weird one is when Rashta has defenders because they’re missing the best part about her, she’s an abused character turned abuser. She has a pension for cruelty because she is on the end of “well it’s someone else’s turn to hurt” when most people view abuse as mankind someone more meek. She is a victim AND perpetrator. She just feels she deserves to treat people like that because she was treated poorly and her reactions are disproportional to the actions taken against her. But she feels entitled to them. The reason why this is interesting is watching how her relationship with the Emperor changed the moment he stops enacting cruelty for her.

Also BOY does the Emperor suck. He genuinely thinks he could’ve had Navier back and it would all be fine but the reason their relationship fell apart wasn’t JUST because he had a mistress. It was that they had a relationship of mutual respect and then he just kept on demanding more out of Navier and crossing her boundaries. He kept making accusations of her and as she wasn’t one to lie to him would always jump to saying she was doing things out of malice when she told him outright she had nothing to do with whatever it was he was accusing her of.

Back
Top Bottom