Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Regarding Hurricane Irma

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
I hope this message finds everyone safe.

Of course, the US has been pummeled with disasters lately - I am currently in 'fire nation', myself. The Sun cast shadows here for the first time in over a week Saturday morning, and we can see the mountains again. Hopefully it continues clearing. Whatever you have faced or may be facing, you have friends here, and our thoughts are with you.

Hurricane Irma

Recently, Irma's path has shifted to Florida's west coast, and there is a significant chance that the eyewall will pass over Tampa, which is where our mailserver and remote backups are located. Proper data centers are the modern equivalent of fortresses in the physical sense, and the one housing our server in Tampa is no exception. Our host there is not making any promises, however, so I will be retrieving the most critical data - mostly configuration stuff - as a precaution.

The most likely scenario is that, if enough switches get knocked out, there may be periods where e-mail notifications do not get sent or even get lost.

In any case, there is a chance that e-mail notifications may get disrupted Sunday or Monday. Appropriate measures will be taken depending on the status of the server itself.

BMR's website is in Chicago and is in no danger from any hurricane.

Additionally, as I mentioned in the other announcement thread, I have restored PM searches where a sender is specified. A sender -must- be specified in order to search, however, in order to force an index.

Be safe, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom