Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Survival of the Fittest

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaseKatty

Supernova
Strong, thats what her father said she was when she was born. He gave her the name Dhṛsus meaning Bold in their language. She grew better than his expectations, stronger, bolder. She learned enemy tribe languages and to hunt at a young age. By the age 18 she could kill a young mammoth with little struggle. She knew how to avoid getting rammed or trampled. Her father was around 56 when they went adult mammoth hunting and their hunting party was doing well. All master mamoth hunters no casualties. What they never expected was a Ghwerā shifted during the day. He quickly killed the party and her father was gravely injured. She managed to get away with her father not with out a slice across her stomach from his claws. She grew weak unable to carry her father and run he spoke their language "Leave me i wont live find Kómsqṛtos find the promise land. " Dhṛsus stayed strong kissing her fathers head before ending his suffering. She then ran as far as she could she made it to a cave and collapsed in it bleeding she was in alot of pain and weak but shed survive if she wasnt eaten by anything. She didnt take long to pass out from the pain.

Bears clashed in the distance while the man jumped over the fallen log to crouch behind it. Notching an arrow as he aimed for the buck that was trotting through the bushes away from the loud commotion. It was focused on getting out of there but before the man could release the arrow, he sensed something else. He watched as wolves followed the buck and he got out of there, trotting away as silently as he could before he came across the clearing he was calling home for the time. He tucked his bow over his shoulder and put his arrow back into the holster but once again when he lifted his head, he saw someone or something bleeding out in the cave. Karoah took out his club as he cautiously approached, ready in case if it was capable of harm or one of the enemy yet when he saw her face and the clothes she was wearing he would furrow his brows. She looked as if she was someone of importance and by the blood flowing freely from the wound in her stomach, he knew she wouldn't be capable of harm if he didn't do something so he began grabbing the medicines that he had and began preparing them.

Dhṛsus was out for a few hours. She woke to a man in front of her she quickly jumped up knocked him over and grabbed his knife. She point it at him. She groaned in pain but stood her ground. She wore a tattoo of the tribe along with a necklace made of shells an identification for her tribe. She say a bracelet on the man and relaxed sitting down slowly. She spoke their language "where am i?" She asked him.

As he was knocked over and his knife was grabbed from him, his hand flew to the club laying only a few feet from him and he held the club with an iron grip but when she relaxed he didn't, she had pointed a knife at him but he didn't blame her though and as she asked where she was he shook his head as he replied "I got lost a long time ago in here but I'm pretty sure we're in some part of the Promise Land that I was always told about though I'm unsure."

"Were in Kómsqṛtos?!" She jumped up cringing in pain but staying up. "I cant believe it exists father didnt die for nothing!" She looked excited and looked around "ummm wheres my spear?"

"I do not know and you need to lay down. Your wound is severe and it's most likely you'll bleed to death before anything..." He glanced at her when she asked for her weapon "I have taken your weapons for the moment, since when you woke up you would probably strike at me."

Dhṛsus sat down "do you have any green leaves? I could use some food too. " she sighed not liking feeling weak and defensless she wanted to recover faster. She watched him still not sure if she could trust him just yet.

He nodded his broad head as she asked for green leaves and he removed them from his bag before handing them to her "I can hunt deer or is there any preference you would like?"
He tilited his head, curious as to what she ate before and what more she would ask of him.

"I'll each any animal that meat is meat. " she said and made the leaves a paste "push this into my wound please. It'll help it heal faster.

He nodded, deer it was and possibly two if he could fast enough and he took the paste into his hands while he got into a crouching position and nodded his head as he turned his head "Wouldn't you like something to squeeze or bite so you can push through the pain of it or do you think you can hold through?"

He nodded his head before reaching forward and pressing the paste into the wound, making sure to get every piece and it took him a minute to do so till he pulled back and stood to his full height "I will be back."
He took his longbow off his back and went out into the field before disappearing into the trees where he eyed and searched for deer, also checking tracks too before one time when he lifted his head from fresh deer tracks did he see a bull. He stayed crouching as he notched an arrow, being as silent as he could as he pulled back the string, breathed in and let it loose slowly as he aimed and then let go at the end of his breathe. The arrow made a slight whistling sound as it flew through the air and the deer turned its head but was too late as the arrow pierced through its neck and made it fall. He hurried to it, pulling his extra knife before driving it into its heart to end its life but within moments he heard yipping and glanced around to find those pesky spotted dogs, Dholes. He grabbed his club and released an animalistic snarl sound.

Dhṛsus clenched her teeth it hurting alot. She nodded when he left.

The Dholes weak but persistent. They always were in groups of 2 or. 3 they were fearless scavengers. They quickly announced themselves and attacked the human they were attacking

Quickly he swung his club forward, knocking the first Dhole straight to the ground before hoisting the carcass up over his shoulder and prancing through the trees to get away from them yet he knew they would run after him.

Fearless they chased after him hungry enough to pursue him. Dhṛsus grabbed the knife next to her when she heard dholes get closer

As soon as he was to the clearing he put the carcass down and lit his club in flames and growled at the dholes, he didn't want to hurt the animals but he pointed his club forward. Before he had swung his club that way and this and had managed to hit another dhole which yelped at the blow to the shoulder. They were also getting low on numbers in this part.

The dholes didnt stop they attack even though he was easily fighting them they were hungry enough. One jumped up and sunk teeth into his arm

When he felt the teeth in his arm, he reached around with his other hand and stuck two fingers into the eyes before prying off the teeth and tossing it to the ground. Even though his arm was bleeding, he didn't seem to feel it as he swung his club, the flames passing into the fur of a dhole.

The Flames were going out but as he swung once more, he got the last dhole right in the head and it was the one that bit him too and as it fell to the ground dead he huffed and checked his wound. He would need to put some stuff in it so it didn't get infected but he went ahead and began skinning the dholes and once done that he grabbed the meat just in case before harvesting teeth since they could be useful on arrows before he picked up the deer again and finally stepped up the cave "Hey..."
He seemed a bit nervous about it but as he put the deer down, he had leaned down to begin skinning the animal.

Dhṛsus saw the wound and offered him the paste "i can treat it " she said moving over to him "can you teach me how youve survived alone ive never been alone."

Once she said that she could treat it he nodded and offered his arm but when she asked how he survived alone he seemed to pause and think "Its quite easy. So far my instinct has led me right and very few times it has turned me wrong. You need to know how to protect yourself, feed yourself, and know the tracks and creatures that live within the forest."

He ground his teeth as the paste was applied "I can show you the land. I've cleared the area around here of anything too dangerous like tigers and all those ones. That's as far as I can tell is lurking here at the moment..."

(The Shaman will be brought in the next day)

Dhṛsus covered the wounds. Shall we go now or rest? Either is fine im feeling well enough to explore now." Dhṛsus was not the type to sit still long especial not where she knew nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom