Dark, Brutal, Game of Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letexta

Super-Earth

POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW

As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, season 7 of Game of Thrones is currently airing. This has massively rekindled my interest in a setting that's been sitting around at the back of my mind for a while now. It's gritty, often brutal, but also realistic and intriguing. The perfect combo.

I'll be honest, I've never been motivated to read all the books, but every episode of the show is under my belt, so I'm definitely knowledgeable enough about the setting. I don't often play cannon characters, but for the right story, and the right character, I could be convinced.

I feel like it would be a waste to explore such a gritty setting without getting in to the really dark aspects of the setting. Being chained in a dungeon as you're forced to watch your daughter die and rot. Whipped through the streets naked. Tortured until your mind is broken. Sold as a slave. There are all sorts of wonderfully dark aspects to the show. I don't necessarily want to play out those exact scenarios, but it should give you an idea of the kind of direction I want to take things in.

I'll list some very brief, semi formed ideas or inspirational tidbits here.

• Sandsnake-esque tough Dornish girls.
  • Scrawny northern Farm girl.
  • Servant in the court of one of the many noble families
  • Slave, bought and sold outside of Westeros.
  • Girl turning to the whore houses, desperate for money.
  • Someone more involved in the political intrigue of the world.
  • Thief, working in city nights. Or even an assassin.

These are just brief ramblings off the top of my head. Basically, come to me if you want something dark and gritty with the world of Game of Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom