Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Setup] The Autumnvale Brothel

The Autumnvale Brothel
Setup -- Out of Character -- Profiles

It was nestled next to a forest whose leaves were almost always the colour of autumn, awash in oranges, reds, and yellows. The village of Autumnvale, an out of the way, backwater place that nobody in their right mind would ever think or desire to visit, at least until word started getting around. Gossip, and rumours of the spectacular brothel, a hidden gem, full of courtesans that were far and away leagues above anything one could find in the major cities, even amongst the more pricey establishments. Those that gave in and set it to investigate these claims... would find them entirely well-founded.

However, the town didn't grow. It was too far out, and too much out of most people's way to settle. That didn't stop some from going out of their way to visit it whenever possible, but it did leave the question on how long it could go on. Towns were made for lumber, of mines, for access to water, or farmland, could a town truly survive off of only having a notable brothel? Many suspected not, and it turned out they were correct, though not for the reason they would have thought.

It took years for word of the Autumnvale Brothel to spread, it only took a few weeks for word of its demise to reach just as far. The once-famed courtesans were almost gone, and the dwindling number threatened to close the establishment. If only most people knew the truth--there was actually something sinsister going on. The courtesans weren't leaving... they were going missing, and the town didn't have the resources to be able to find out what was going on. You are one of a small group who has heard the brothel's Matron plea for help, and have come to investigate... be it out of the goodness of your heart, greed, or desire for a soft bed, with a warm body next to you as reward.

Interest: Thread
System: Pathfinder
Type: Oneshot Adventure
Medium: Play-By-Post
Pace: Every other day, ideally.
Sheets: Online Profiler, please. Mythweavers, RPGCrossing, etc.

A Pathfinder Adventure for 2-4 people (NOT on a first-come, first-serve basis) who think this idea sounds interesting and would like to explore it. The adventure isn't going to be a dark and brooding one. There isn't grimdark stuff around every corner, I'll not be describing violence in gratuitous detail. It'll be somewhere in the middle, leaning lighter at times, and darker at times, at least that is my intent. See the interest thread linked above for a more in-depth explanation.

Level: 3rd [Fast XP]
Ability Scores: 20 Point Buy
Gold: 2000
HP: Maxed
Races: Any
Classes: Core, Base, Alternate, Hybird, Unchained, Prestige [No occult or 3rd party, sorry.]
Traits: One. Drawbacks allow two more.
Alignment: Any non-evil.
Optional Rules: N/A

As this is a oneshot, you may feel free to create factions, cities, regions, or even kingdoms when it comes to your character. I'll be leaving the area outside the scope of the game (Autumnvale, woods, and surroundings) relatively unmapped to allow for creative freedom. If in doubt, assume it is a location within Golarion (Pathfinder's default campaign setting). Likewise, the Pathfinder pantheon will be considered the default, but you're welcome to make up your own gods or goddesses.

Game Rules
  • Please follow the rules of this site, first and foremost.
  • IC drama is fine, OOC drama is not; please be courteous of fellow players.
  • IC in the IC thread, OOC in the OOC thread.
  • If in doubt, roll. Dice-based games in play-by-post are slow, don't wait for me to tell you to roll something, just go ahead and roll if you think you might need to. In combat, roll attack and damage, the back and forth of 'you hit, roll damage' and 'my damage is x,' and 'it is hurt and attacks you back' will bog things down immensely.
  • Likewise, I will likely tend toward my 'heroes act first' style of initiative (except in certain scenarios). You can reply in any order, and the actions in combat happen in that order, I've found this is the fastest way to handle combat play-by-post. I am open to suggestions if there is an issue with this.
  • No waiting games! If you're waiting on somoene, say you're waiting on them. I have had it where Player A is waiting on Player B, who is waiting on Player A. And nobody said they were waiting on someone else.

When I post, speech will be in bold, sounds or emphasis in italics, and languages either written out using a translator with the translation in spoiler buttons, or just done in a certain colour (it depends how I'm feeling, to be honest, one is more work than the other). I do not expect people to follow this themselves, post as you like,., long as it is consistent.

Back
Top Bottom