Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drabbles

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
Pick a sentence and write a paragraph with your favorite couple using that sentence. For extra fun you can assign a sentence to the next writer!

“Come over here and make me.”
“Have you lost your damn mind!?”
“Please, don’t leave.”
“Do you…well…I mean…I could give you a massage?”
“Wait a minute. Are you jealous?”
“Is there a reason you’re naked in my bed?”
“I almost lost you.”
“Wanna bet?”
“Don’t you ever do that again!”
“Teach me how to play?”
“Don’t you dare throw that snowba-, goddammit!”
“I think we need to talk.”
“Kiss me.”
“Hey, I’m with you, okay? Always.”
“So, I found this waterfall…”
“It could be worse.”
“Looks like we’ll be trapped for a while…”
“This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you’ve ever had. Of course I’m in.”
“The paint’s supposed to go where?”
“You need to wake up because I can’t do this without you.”
“We’re in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?”
“I’ve seen the way you look at me when you think I don’t notice.”
“Just once.”
“You’re the only one I trust to do this.”
“I can’t believe you talked me into this.”
“I got you a present.”
“I’m pregnant.”
“Marry me?”
“I thought you were dead.”
“It’s not what it looks like…”
“You lied to me.”
“I think I’m in love with you and I’m terrified.”
“Please don’t do this.”
“If you keep looking at me like that we won’t make it to a bed.”
“You heard me. Take. It. Off.”
“I wish I could hate you.”
“Wanna dance?”
“You fainted…straight into my arms. You know, if you wanted my attention you didn’t have to go to such extremes.”
“Hey! I was gonna eat that!”
“Have I entered an alternate universe or did you really just crack a smile for me?”
“You did all of this for me?”
“I swear it was an accident.”
“YOU DID WHAT?!”
“If you die, I’m gonna kill you.”
“Tell me a secret.”
“Hey, have you seen the..? Oh.”
“No one needs to know.”
“Boo.”
“Well this is awkward…”

Don't like dialogue? Have a kiss instead!
♥ being unable to open their eyes for a few moments afterward
♥ one small kiss, pulling away for an instant, then devouring each other
♥ pressing their foreheads together while kissing
♥ speaking normally, then after the kiss their voice is hoarse
♥ guys furrowing their brow when kissing passionately
♥ staring at the other’s lips, trying not to kiss them, before giving in
♥ running their thumb over the other’s lips
♥ when they lean forward a fraction as if to kiss the other person, then realize they shouldn’t and pull back to stop themselves
♥ ripping the other away - “no we shouldn’t” - but when they kiss them again they moan and hold them close
♥ one sliding their hand into the other’s hair slowly
♥ their entire body freezing for a second when their love kisses them
♥ accidentally being forced inches apart from each other, staring at each other’s lips, and just before they kiss someone pulls them back apart
♥ when one stops the kiss to whisper “I’m sorry, are you sure you-” and they answer by kissing them more
a hoarse whisper “kiss me”
♥ then licks their lips and says “please”

(since it was my idea, I'll go first.)

“I’m pregnant.”

Matthias’ eyes went wide at the statement, hardly able to focus on the wriggly toddler climbing up his arm. “Again?”

Aurianna let out an amused laugh and caressed her husband’s shoulder, “Yes dear. Again.” Coming closer to collect Mykel, she placed a light kiss on his lips, “This can’t be that big a surprise. We talked about this.”

“Yeah, hypothetically,” Matthias argued, pulling out the chair for Mykel and serving the boy his plate, “What if we had another child? What would we name them? Where would we put them? When would we sleep?”

“Well, I suppose we will get to answer all those questioned, won’t we?” Ari teased, cutting up Mykel’s food for him. “I thought you’d be happy.”

Matthias studied his wife’s face for a moment, before letting out a small laugh, “Oh, I am. Just scared too.”

“Oh, what’s there to be scared of now?” Ari snickered, “We have Mykel, so we know what to expect.”

“Exactly. I know what to expect. You want to put me in charge of another tiny helpless life that I am going to love more than I can say.” Matthias defended. Ari pouted at him and he just laughed again, nerves fading away to giddiness. “And I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

I don't know that this is my favorite couple (I have so many...), but I just got inspired.

Steeling himself, the knight raised his visor. "Come forth, monster!" he shouted. "Come forth, and face me! Come firth, and meet your doom!"

In truth, he was far more terrified than he let himself sound. The Dragon of Fearfire was a force of nature, a calamity given flesh that had terrorized the kingdom of Saelle since time out of mind. Only a fool would challenge the besast. But then, the burden if the Tribute had fallen upon his love, and he had found that he was a fool after all.

"Tristam, no!" Cassiopa cried. The chains that bound her to the Tribute Stone clattered. "My love, fly! Live your life!"

"Without you?" he responded. "Never!"

A great shadow flickered above him, and he lowered his visor. "Today, beast," he vowed, " you shall die!"

Rushing winds blasted across him, buffeting him. His horse, a war-trained gelding that had never shrunk from combat, screamed and reared. Then, before he could act, a great talon of white gold wrapped around him and carried him aloft. Arms pinned, he struggled in vain against the implacable grip.

"Relax," a thunderous feminine voice said, as a great golden head peered at him. "We're just going to talk..."

Later...

Verrier swooped over the plain, crimson eyes narrowed to slits as he surveyed the Tribute. Everything seemed in order, except for one galling absence. "A youth," he snarled, caustic saliva dripping from his fangs to spatter along the ground in licks of flame. "A youth of the kingdom, along with a tenth part of the increase since the last offering. What game does Saelke believe it plays?"

In the distance he saw Clara, burning gold in the noonday sun as she approached. He caught a thermal, rising in lazy widening spirals. "Come," he told her as he banked towards the west. "Saelle requires discipline."

"Oh?" Clara's voice was full of studied innocence. "Why?"

"They have neglected their obligations," he snarled. "They have withheld the requisite life from..."

"Oh, that," she interruoted, drawing alongside him. "No, they didn't. I just let her go."

"YOU DID WHAT?" He spread his wings, catching the air to hover in place and appear even larger. "HOW DARE…"

Unimpressed, Clara let her shape collapse into the human one she'd wirn from her birth as she dropped lightly onto his snout. "All the shouting didn't impress me when I was 16, and it doesn't impress me niw," she laughed, staring right into one of his eyes. "And this is a goid time to discuss this Tribute you demand..."

(i personally have 5-10 favorite couples at any given time.)

"We just slipped through the demon's fingers, and your idea to head back there and try and pick off the merchant ships?"Aurelia asked, laughed incredulously. “This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you’ve ever had. Of course I’m in.”

Because this one has a picture to go along with it.

"Marry me."

Utena damn near spit out her tea as the words slipped from Anthy's mouth, half sure she had misheard them. Half hoping she had misheard them. Weren't they making progress? "Anthy...you aren't that person anymore. You aren't the Rose Bride, and you don't have to be engaged to the victor of the duels. I love you because of who you are."

Anthy smirked over her cup, a smirk that lit up her eyes in that mischievous way. "I know I am not the rose bride anymore. I not asking to be engaged to you, I am asking to marry you."

"I...I don't," Utena started, cocking her head to the side, "I don't understand."

"You're right, Utena. I am not the Rose Bride. You are not the prince. We have moved beyond that, beyond all of it. I want to be your wife. I want you to be my wife. No more games or tricks or lies. I want a partnership, with you." This time Anthy reached for her hand, and it occured to Utena that they had drank tea like this, ten years ago.

"I would like that."

Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, knelt on the floor of the meditation chamber. It was still and quiet, that room, undisturbed by light our sound or any external stimulus. The perfect way to concentrate. To prepare for the task ahead. Or, at least, it had been. But now the darkness was haunted, literally, by the past. By a shimmering figure of a man with sandy brown hair and grey eyes, dressed in black and watching as the Sith Lord focused and tried to shut him out.

"You don't have to continue down this path."

The armored figure ignored the words, concentrating on breathing. Slow, rasping sounds filled the air. Undaunted, the dead Jedi pressed on. "Even now, it isn't too late. You can turn back."

"I cannot," Darth Vader replied, his deep voice echoing around the empty chamber. "This is a path I must continue to walk."

"The darkness doesn't have to dominate your destiny, no matter what lies Darth Sidious has told you," Quentin Hall persisted, walking the circuit of the chamber. Crouching, he peered into - past - the reflective lenses of the ebon helmet. "You can walk away."

Darth Vader stared back without flinching. "No. I cannot."

"You can," Quentin insisted, holding out a hand. "This thing you've constructed... Darth Vader is a lie. Nothing more than a suit of armor." There was anguish in his eyes. "Take it off. Walk away. Come back into the light."

The Sith Lord rose, staring down at the crouching ghost. "You do not understand. I cannot."

"You can!" Quentin rose, his eyes still locked on the helmet lenses and the eyes behind them. "This isn't you! It's a costume! And you can take it off!"

"No," Vader repeated, turning on a booted heel and striding away. "There is too much at stake, Quentin. I cannot stop, not now."

"You can!" Quentin shouted at the departing figure. "Don't walk away!" Vader ignored him, and he jogged in the Sith Lord's wake. "You heard me. Take. It. Off!”

(I got a Tumblr prompt for Clara and Willam and "wed me" so I thought I'd post it here too. I think it turned out cute~!)

“You love all of them?” Willam asked looking out over the demonlands –well, former demonlands now. The view from the top of the Seraphim Wall was too wide to pick out any fine details, but life thrived again, rejecting the taint of hell.

“Yes, I do,” Clara admitted, leg pulled up against her chest and head resting on her knee. Ruby light from the setting sun cast his umber features golden. A reflection of the Goddess’ grace.

“And you love me?” he asked, the question small against his large frame. He still wasn’t looking at her.

“I do. I’ve loved you for a lot longer than I’ve been able to say it.” She reached for his hand then, squeezing it and tracing invisible lines in his calloused palms.

“I...” he started once, before sighing and shaking his head. Brown eyes glistening with dying sunlight met her gaze, and he started again. “I once thought I wanted you all to myself. I thought loving you would bind you to me. That being in love made you mine.”

Clara was quiet for awhile, afraid of what he might say if prompted. Afraid of where this conversation was heading, and afraid that something was going to change between them. Once the tension of fear and uncertainly peaked, she found her voice, “And now?”

“I love you, Clara. And because I love you, I won’t ask you to chose between me and them. I can’t bear the thought of hurting you like that. So, if you don’t mind another spouse, I’d be honored if you’d marry me.”

Relief and joy filled Clara until it escaped in her giddy laughter. Her answer was a kiss, quick and moist and ending with noses nuzzled together. “I suppose I can handle one more.”

Got a tumblr prompt for "Can I trust you" between Aurelia and Yusef.

“Can I trust you?”

The question pulled Yusef away from the door, dark eyes narrow as he processed it, “Why?”

“I need to take this job with Rudain. We need the money, if we are going to place the orphans in apprenticeships.” Aurelia didn’t look up from the glass of wine she poured, just drank it down.

Yusef grabbed her arm before she could pour herself another glass. “Aurelia, you can’t be serious! They are a demon prince, the ones that have twisted the land and enslaved the populace. Ten thousand isn’t enough, not for your dignity!”

She tore her arm from his steel grip. “And will my dignity feed them? Put a roof over their heads? Will my dignity protect them from being thrown into the mines or forced into brothels?” For three heartbeats, she held his gaze, neither backing down. Finally, with a deep breath, she shook her head, and asked again, “Can I trust you?”

Jaw tightened and eyes closed, Yusef nodded. “Yeah, you can trust me. I won’t let Rudain go too far, regardless of what they're paying you. But I won’t intervene unless you need it.”

“Thank you.”

Back
Top Bottom