Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Scion: Enuma Elish) Ch. 1 Chance and Other Gestures of the Hand of Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenshi

Supernova
Though it was barely autumn, the breeze was especially chill off of the lake this night. Leaving the gymn, Bill Ames could feel a strange prickle in the air. The night was heavy with expectation, as if Fate itself lay a heavy hand upon the world...

Or maybe there was just a high concentration of Murphy-on particles on this street.

In the light of full moon and street lamp, the full diversity of humanity flowed like a babbling brook up and down the streets. Somehow, the sound of one partiuclary set of footsteps caught his attention clicking hard on the sidewalk...

A few steps to his right, a woman passed him. He saw a knee length skirt and a lovely pair of legs, running shoes, and a closed jacket with the hood up. She was moving fast, and afraid, and...

The crowd parted behind her as a clump of people in biker gear gave chase!

Ever since he'd woken up in the morning Bill'd had a feeling that something was going to happen that day. It wasn't anything tangible, or even one of the visions of the future that he got sometimes, just an itch at the back of his skull that wouldn't go away no matter what he did. So instead of doing nothing and waiting for whatever it was to catch him by surprise he went to the gym so he could prepare himself physically.

When he left that night he still had the feeling, but was willing to ignore it when he saw a woman run past, clearly running from something more than to a place. Looking behind her he saw a few people in biker gear chasing after her!

Thinking quickly, Bill started jogging to catch up to the woman, his feet pounding on the pavement as he ran. Once he was close enough that he figured she could hear him the son of Marduk called out to her. "Hey, need a hand?"

3dc32e60f39d844022c11d5f924346fd.jpg

Catching up with her, he caught a glimpse of a fair pointed chin, freckled cheeks, and coppery bangs. She was clutching something in the pocket of her hoody.

The redhead gave a yelp when the powerfully built man came up alongside her, but she whimpered and gasped, “Please help! Those men, my office, kicked down the door...”

She was panting hard, a bead of sweat pouring down her chin, but must be in good shape. If nothing else, she was speaking coherently at close to a sprint!

Bill was a lot of things, but he had never been accused of backing down from a potential fight, or going to the mat to protect someone who needed it. "Leave them to me," he said, turning to face the group of biker-looking men.

Once they came closer the demigod spoke up, addressing them. "I'm going to give you all one chance to turn around and walk away. If you don't then you're not going to like what will happen next." He punctuated his sentence by cracking his knuckles, the sound echoing across the area.

The crowd began to pull away when Bill spoke, and at the cracking of his knuckles they scattered—even drunken club hoppers realizing they'd rather be somewhere else—or at least watching from a safe distance!

The girl skittered to a halt at a little distance, eyes winded. Her lower lip suddenly began to tremble whens he realized what sort of danger this man was putting himself into for her.

The four bikers in their leathers slowed and spread out, but did not yet come closer than 5 paces. A little person stepped in front of them—an extremely burly man barely four feet tall wearing a black suit with golden buttons and pins. Despite having to run to keep up with men who's legs were nearly twice as long as his, he wasn't breathing heavily. He rested a three foot tall cane on the sidewalk in front of him—solid oak gilded with gold—and settled both hands on hope diamond sized crystal on the head. “There's no need for violence,” the dwarf said. If Bill new anything of Norse legends, the man's broad shoulders, red beard, and Swedish accent would make it abundantly clear that—if one called this man a dwarf—they would not be referring to a particularly small human. “My name is Elias Nilson. We don't want to hurt the girl. She's stolen something from my employer. Bring us what she's got in the pocket of that hoodie and we'll be on our way.”

One of the biker's grinned and a heavy chain hard. Another hefted a crowbar.

Bill cocked his head to the side, his eyes locked on those of the lead dwarf. Admittedly he wasn't always the best judge of people, but he was pretty sure that Elias was lying. If nothing else, he was sure that whatever item the girl might have it didn't belong to Elias or his employer. "I think you're lying," he commented casually, "So if you don't mind I'm going to have to ask you to get lost." A wide smile appeared on his face, tinged with just a hint of bloodlust. "But if you're that eager to be on the losing end of a beating then by all means, try and get past me!"

Seeing the group of men starting to bring their weapons up into a ready position, Bill immediately rushed forward, his years of boxing training having prepared him for the need to move forward quickly. Although he wasn't used to fighting people so much shorter than him he was able to adjust, one of his arms shooting out into a vicious straight aimed right at Elias' smug face.

4 successes on a Dex + Brawl roll for my attack

The drawf gave a startled grunt when the Bill proved to be fast enough to get to him before his hoodlums could get involved. He stepped out to the left and dropped down to one knee so the fist could pass beyond his cheek.

The dwarf then surged back up to his feet and swung up at Bill's midsection with the heavy black diamond on the head of his cane!

2 successes to hit vs. your DV -1.

3 Crowbar
4 Chain, Knuckles
5 Switchblade
6 Bill, Elias

Years of boxing training had taught Bill the best ways to take a hit to his torso. Admittedly a cane was different from a fist, but the principle was the same. So he moved with the blow, preventing it from doing any real harm to his body before looking back at the other thugs, a bored expression on his face.

The thugs didn't pull punches. A crowbar flew at the back of Bill's head. The chain swing over the dwarf's head at Bill's throat. The other two pulled hands out of their pockets, one revealing brass knuckles. He stepped up to Bill and launched a roundhouse at his chin. The fourth, snicked a switchblade and tried to get behind Bill to stab him in the back.

Crowbar:
--5 Sucesses to hit. (Base Damage 7B)
Chain:
--3 Sucesses to hit (Base Damage 6)
Knuckles:
--Tripple Botch. ^_^;;
Switchblade
--2 Sucesses to hit. (Base Damage: 6 Lethal)

Despite their superior numbers Bill was able to easily dodge around most of the group's attacks, idly dodging them with only one exception; the guy with the crowbar managed to strike him on the back of his skull while he was focusing on the knife in another's hand, though it barely even made him wince. Perhaps a bruise might form in a few hours, but that would be it.

The brass knuckle wielding one on the other hand was so easy to see coming that it almost made him feel bad. He easily ducked around the roundhouse, letting the man go past him before focusing his attention on 'Switchblade'. Stepping forward he delivered a powerful punch towards his body.

Bill's soak prevents any damage from Crowbar's attack

2 successes to hit, 8B damage if that hits

The man with the switchblade grunnted as the man wtih brass knuckles slammed rihgt into his midsection!

Then he staggered back, running to keep his feet beneath him, then tripping on the trunk of a parked car and grunting as his heat hit the back of it.

"Ouch!" the guy grunted, adjusting his grip on the switchblade he'd almost dropped, and trying to sit up on the hood...

It was hard to say what was more impressive, that not only was he concious, he hadn't dropped his knife!

6 Bill, Elias
8 Crowbar, Switchblade
9 Chain, Knuckles

Damage:
Elias
Chain:
Crowbar:
Knuckles:
Switchblade: -0, -1, -1, -2

"Hmph, still standing are you?" Bill asked, begrudging respect in his voice. "It's rare for me to find anyone who can stand up after taking one of my punches. But I wonder...Can you handle another?" He stepped forward, bringing his arm up into an uppercut aimed beneath Switchblade's jaw.

3 successes to hit, and 8B damage again

The uncommonly tough thug had barely gotten to his feet when Bill's uppercut hurled him across the parked car into the street, where he lay in a limp heap.

The dwarf's stumpy legs pumped fast up after Bill, and with a startling leap, he brought his cane down at the back of the prize fighter's head.

Attack:
1 Willpower
1 Legend for a reroll.
7 Sucesses.
Damage:
1 legend for a reroll.
7 Bashing.

8 Crowbar, Switchblade
9 Chain, Knuckles
10 Bill, Elias

Damage:
Elias
Chain:
Crowbar:
Knuckles:
Switchblade: -0, -1, -1, -2 -2, -4, I

Feeling something impacting on his head, Bill turned to see Elias holding his cane as though it was a weapon. "...Call that a hit?" he asked, turning to face the rest of the gang now that Switchblade was down for the count. "I've met toddlers who've put more force into their blows than that!" The son of Marduk prepared for what the rest of Elias' thugs might throw at him.

0:
-0: [] [] [] []
-2: []
I: []

The dwarf staggered back for a few moment,s then yelled, "Beat him down!"

The man with the crowbar scowled and swung hard, taking Bill on the side of the knee!

[spoiuler]7 to hit. (7-4=+3 damage.)
8 -6 = 2 bashing damage? [/spoiler]

The man with the chain circled bill, spinning his chain, using it's reach to keep the big man at bay, before swinging at the side of his head!

2 to hit.

The last man—wtih the steel knuckles—maneuvered away from and around Bill. The son of Marduke could see he was trying to slip up behind the girl while the redhead's eyes were still on his fight... Worse, the dwarf was moving between them.

10 Bill, Elias
12 Knuckles
13 Crowbar,
14 Chain

"Oh no you don't!" Bill shouted once he saw where, or who, Knuckles was moving towards. He would have moved to intercept him but unfortunately Elias moved between them. Thinking quickly, he stepped around the dwarf and made to attack the other man, "Hey you," he called, bringing his fist up to strike at his back, "Your fight...is with me!" He drove his fist towards the small of the other man's back.

Raging Bull activates, giving Bill +1 on all actions, DVs, and movement speed until that health box is healed.

7 successes(!) on Bill's to hit roll, 6B damage on hit

0:
-0: [] []

The brass knuckle brawler gave a grunt as he took the blow on her bike gear. Though not truly hurt, he was staggering...

The dwarf reached into one pocket and thoughtfully pulled out a billiard ball. "Nine ball, corner pocket," he chuckled, tossing the ball into the air, snagging it, and sending it at Bill like a fast ball pitch!

The ball missed and blasted a hole in a brick wall, makign the little redhead jump with a startled cry.

Attack Roll 2 Sucesses.
Reroll 3 Sucesses.
Legend Spent: 2

The thug with the brass knuckles grunted and spun full circle, trying to backhand Bill with a powerful blow!

Mighty Blow!
4 Sucesses to hit.
DV 1

"Don't feel much pain, do you pretty boy!" the man with the crowbar hissed, following after Bill. "I'll show you how!" He flipped out the crowbar and triked to smack Bill in the jaw with the crook.

1 Willpower, Mighty Blow!
2 Sucesses to hit.
DV 1

14 Bill, Chain, Elias
17 Knuckles
18 Crowbar

Bill ducked and weaved around all the attacks, though his eyes widened at how the billiard ball impacted on a wall. "Alright, looks like I might need to bring this up a notch!" He lifted his arm and started to hit himself in the chest, filling the air with the sound of flesh hitting flesh. Then an impact made a 'clang' noise, as though he was hitting metal. Slowly a silvery substance flowed over his skin, forming a metallic armor that, to those with the knowledge, resembled a Mesopotamian style.

Behind his new helm Bill grinned widely, "Alright, let's see you get through this!"

spending 1 l.p to activate Body Armor, giving Bill 3 more bashing and lethal soak
0:

The dwarf blinked, then growled. He snapped at his men, "Bring the car!"

Then he circled bill, rolling his crystal capped cane. Getting closer, the dwarf began a series of jabs and swipes, waiting for the perfect moment too give the mightiest backhand he could!

4 successes?

"What..." the redhead gasped, leaning forewards to watch in shock as her rescuer seemed too... Pound armor out of himself? "How do you do that?"

The three humans gasped in relief when Elias freed them from the fight--except for the man with the crowbar who gave a frustrated snarl even as he spun to obey. "Next time, asshole!"

18 Elias
19 Bill

The dwarf scowled as his diamond cane rattled in his hand, but he didn't slow. The short suit spun clear around and made wide sweet at the scion's calves, trying to knock his feet out from under him.

Take Down.
Bill gets +1 DV, and on a hit his back hits the ground.
5 sucesses.
Curent Dodge DV 3

19 Bill
22 Elias

"Just a trick I picked up a while back," he said to the woman, turning back to Elias just in time to duck out of the way of the dwarf's cane. He took a moment to properly gauge the distance between them, taking aim as he slowly approached. Once he felt that he was ready he stepped forward, just like he had in countless fights over the years. He threw a jab at Elias, grinning as he struck the much smaller man's face.

Spending two ticks aiming to get an extra two dice on Bill's next attack.

To hit roll: 7 successes
Damage roll: 8 bashing damage

Actions took a total of 6 ticks
0:

Current Dodge DV: 3
Current Parry DV: 2

Elias gave a grunt of pain as his they both heard his nose crack! The blow was so strong the dwarf slammed into a parked car and cracks spiderwebbed the windshield.

An expensive car shrieked to a halt beside the dwarf, and he tumbled off the hood of the cart, then leaped into the door. The motor reved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom