Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

So about that promotion... (NightStalker73au and I)

Fancy_Brat

Pulsar
The sound of the engine died down and Melanie stepped out of the car, taking a good look at the building. She had managed to get a new job at this big company and still couldn't believe she had been accepted. She must really done a good job with those questions they asked. At the time, she was wearing a black shirt with a white button-up over it, along with a black skirt. She had long brown hair reaching to her waist, and she had beautiful emerald green eyes. She had a very nice figure, very curvy with perky C-cup breasts. she then went up into the building, her heart pounding a bit in her chest as she stepped inside. Already she was surrounded with other people working, quickly moving past her to get their jobs done. She slowly moved up to the front desk.

"Hello. I just got accepted here. I'm supposed to figure out where I'll be working and everything." she said, smiling brightly at the woman behind the desk. After a little explanation, she was then told that she was actually supposed to be going to the boss's room. She was quite surprised to hear that. She'd be speaking with the boss of this massive company! She made sure to follow her directions, going up the the highest floor. There was plenty of security standing watch as she walked by, hoping they wouldn't stop her. "Um...I'm supposed to be meeting with the boss." she said. She had never met him, or heard anything about him really during the interview. this would be the time to do so. She slowly pressed through the door, peering in a bit.

Henry sat behind the massive oak desk, two long narrow drawers set into each side of it along with a smaller one right in the middle. The rest of his expansive office was decorated with a few landscape paintings, a large black leather couch and several smaller ones. Two chairs sat off to one side of the room right next to a small water dispenser, his blue eyes glanced across at it as the water gurgled in the machine. His short black hair set off his face which sat upon very broad shoulders from college rugby. Dressed in his usual pin stripe suit, the top button of his white shirt was undone revealing a few tiny wisps of chest hair.

Hearing the softest of footsteps outside his office, his eyes watched the door open slightly and look into the face of a young woman. Not recognising her at all he moved back in his chair a little and spoke.

"Please state your reason for entering"

Her eyes first moved to look around the room, admiring how big the space was and how it was decorated. She took a few steps inside, and since the room was so quiet, it was pretty loud. She nearly jumped as she heard the voice, turning to see the man at his desk. He seemed like a typical boss to her. He seemed nice enough, though she couldn't help but think he looked a little strange just sitting there. "Pardon me for entering like this. I was told at the front desk that I was supposed to come up to see you. My name is Melanie. I was just given a job here." she said, giving him a little smile. hopefully he would find her promising.

Henry watched her enter the room further, waiting patiently he listened intently to her words opening the right hand side top drawer of his desk. Taking out the yellow folder he glanced through it taking mental notes of what had been written then almost slapped himself for not remembering her. The standout in the interview process, great qualifications and now to top it all off a gorgeous smile. His eyes moved back to meet hers, motioning for her to take a seat.

"Yes Melanie, you were given a job on this floor two office doors down. For now we can chat about what you hope to achieve here"

Melanie smiled as she went to take her seat in front of his desk. "Thank you sir." she said, sitting down in front of him. She herself didn't know exactly how she fared against all those other applicants, but it didn't matter now since she had the job. She could only hope she could be of any help to them. "Well, I know this company is really busy. I'm just looking to be able to keep up with the pace. I'm willing to go all out for this company's success." she said.

Henry watched as she moved across to sit down in front of him, his eyes moving across to the water container briefly before pressing his intercom. Speaking into it for several seconds he smiled across his desk into her eyes. His own eyes sparkling as he spoke.

"That is an awesome attitude to have and one that will propel you high in this company"

"Ha, well I certainly hope so! I'm still in a bit of shock that I got this job, but now I'm going to make the most of it." She paused as he started to speak in the intercom. while she knew she shouldn't, she couldn't help but want to eavesdrop a bit on the conversation for fun. She didn't hear anything anyway.

Henry listened to her words as he moved back slightly in his chair and stood up. Walking casually around the desk and across to the door he peeked out, taking the coffee's and returning to his desk. Placing one down in front of her he took a few sips of his own and spoke.

"I do feel this partnership, even though it is just beginning will be a good one."

She watched as he now stood up, moving to the back of the room towards the door. Was he leaving? She hoped she hadn't said anything wrong. However, he was only getting coffee, sitting down and giving her one. She smiled as she reached out to take one, bowing slightly to him. "Oh, I certainly hope so. I'll do anything I can to help out. Even all the little things."

Henry's eyes sparkled and gleamed with each of her words, her eagerness would have had some other bosses exploiting it fully but her position had already been set down. Taking a few more sips of his coffee, eyes staying locked with hers he spoke in a soft tone.

"Do you have any questions at all?"

Melanie took the coffee to her lips, sipping softly on it. She never really had coffee, so she wasn't expecting it to be so bitter. She took a few more sips and set it down, looking back at him. she really wasn't sure if she had any questions for him.

"Eh...well, when do I start?" she asked.

Henry watched her sip delicately at the coffee, his own going his throat slowly quenching his thirst slightly. Hearing her words he smiled wider and stood up putting his cup back down on his desk. Striding across to the door he opened it and spoke.

"Follow me then , i will show you where all the main necessities for your job are"

Melanie felt a little odd just sipping at her coffee in front of him. she continued to drink it, looking to finish it so she wouldn't hold him up any longer. He finished it up, feeling it burn at her tongue a bit, but it really wouldn't be bothering her. "Oh, okay." she said, getting up from her seat and following him. She wanted to see just where she would be working, as well as who would be around her.

Henry strode casually down the long narrow carpeted hallway, opening the door to her office and stepping inside. His eyes meeting hers as he spoke.

"Melanie this is your office, if you press the number 2 it will give direct line to me. Across the hallway is the small cafeteria for this floor. There are two more offices holding filing cabinets and other assorted office equipment."

Melanie followed closely behind him, noticing some of her co-workers watching the two move down the halls. They didn't look very long, so they probably knew that she was a new person here. She stepped into her new office, looking around excitedly. It was even better than she could have hoped: quite roomy. She turned to see where the cafeteria was, as well as the other offices. "Ah...then I might be heading there for some things then. Is there anything else in particular I should be working on then?"

Henry listened to the excitement in her voice, his eyes glancing across towards her desk briefly before settling on a spot just above her right shoulder. Feet moved only slightly as he spoke. "The paperwork to take care of is already on your desk. That should keep you busy until mid - morning or so."

Melanie turned to look back into her office, noticing the little stack of papers. she was hoping that the process wouldn't be as long as he said. she wasn't sure if she would stay awake. "Oh, all right. I'll make sure to look through it all. Hopefully I can get it to you earlier though."

Henry smiled at her words, his fingertips lightly touching one of her arms as he moved from her office returning down the corridor to his own office. Entering it he took a few breaths that had been held in, strode across to the water container decanting some into one of the paper cups. Sipping it he moved across to look out his large window to the side street below, hustle and bustle of cars and pedestrians as they moved between different parts of the city took place.

Melanie could feel his finger brushing up against her arm, but she really didn't think anything of it. Instead, she started heading to the supply office, going back and forth from the there to her office, getting all the supplies she needed. She then decided she'd have to finish up all this paperwork. she sat down at her desk, already feeling a little bit powerful. She started to flip through the pages, signing where she needed to and just following all that it told her to.

Henry smiled as he turned from the window, returning to sit behind his large wooden desk he set about his own duties. Several long phone calls, including a conference call with two other bosses from another region he took a few short breaths. Sipping the rest of his water he glanced through a few of his emails.

Every now and then, her head would lower and her eyes would flutter. Just sitting there staring at papers was bound to make anyone sleepy. She just hoped that nobody walked by to see her like that. she took a little break to get some of the coffee they had to offer. Maybe it would help her stay awake a bit longer.

Henry glanced at his watch soon after he had scanned through the last email to have arrived last night, standing up and stretching he took his cup with him as he left his office. Down to the small cafeteria room his feet guided his body, entering he saw her there and watched for a few seconds before speaking. "How you finding that work and atmosphere here."

Back
Top Bottom