Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Destiny 2

Nekrosilisk88

Wolf in the Shadows
Supporter
Fucking Cayde-6...

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/t8bsK0GQp7M[/video]
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/ZJLAJVmggt0[/video]

I'm sold.
Anyone else jumping on for this ride as well?

I'm gonna wait and see what the game's like a month or so after release.

Vanilla Destiny was barebones and you had to pay out the ass to get the full experience, and I'm not falling into that trap.

Agreed; though admittedly some of the DLC did quite well in filling the massive gaps in the vanilla game's 'story' (and I use that term VERY loosely).

But yeah...Definitely going to wait a while before I get it.

Vanilla destiny was pretty barebones and awful. By the time Taken King came out, it became a fairly quality game I feel but that was a year and 3 expansions after release.

Now, I don't think it will take that long for 2 to become a good game, but I am going in with wariness and will be waiting to hear reviews and especially word of mouth. but if it's good, i'll be picking it up for PC gladly.

I've gotta wait and see. A lot of the people that made Destiny 1 are gone, and if they don't absolutely nail that Halo gunplay feel (Something that Destiny did while Halo 5 did not, aheh), then I've got no reason to buy.

I'm also leery of how it's gonna do on PC, since that's the only platform I have now.

They did for what it's worth, delay D2 for a year to work on it more. Hence why we have rise of iron and the current year of triumph going on. I don't think they want another destiny 1 on launch date. No dev company wants to release a shit game I feel, so I believe or at least hope they are working hard to nail a good PC port (They didn't port Destiny 1 due to contract obligations on having to make ps3/360 versions of destiny), but with that obligation out of the way, I see no reason why the port shouldn't work well.

But I am annoyed by the ongoing PS4/sony exclusivity of stuff. I'll certainly miss not being able to get a Jade Rabbit on the PC if it's in 2.

The overall quality/content of D2 at launch is likely entirely dependent on Activision.

From my understanding a lot of the issues with vanilla Destiny (The choppy Grimoire mechanic, breathtaking lack of story, etc) stemmed entirely from Activision meddling, an that a chunk of Bungie staff even left/were fired outright as a result.

But you know... they probably should have expected that if they were going to Activision of all companies. EA's angry, biting little brother.

Trygon said:
I've gotta wait and see. A lot of the people that made Destiny 1 are gone, and if they don't absolutely nail that Halo gunplay feel (Something that Destiny did while Halo 5 did not, aheh), then I've got no reason to buy.

I'm also leery of how it's gonna do on PC, since that's the only platform I have now.

Preorder will net you access to the beta for minimal commitment.

MellowYellow said:
The overall quality/content of D2 at launch is likely entirely dependent on Activision.

From my understanding a lot of the issues with vanilla Destiny (The choppy Grimoire mechanic, breathtaking lack of story, etc) stemmed entirely from Activision meddling, an that a chunk of Bungie staff even left/were fired outright as a result.

But you know... they probably should have expected that if they were going to Activision of all companies. EA's angry, biting little brother.

Yeah. The thing is, I think Destiny actually has a really neat setting. The hive, sword logic, The Cabal, etc - it has a dozen cool little things that work together into a very neat story... But 90% of that story and backgrounds aren't in the game. They're in Grimoires, which are only available on the net. You can't read them in game. Which is fucking dumb as balls.

And the original story of destiny was hacked apart and completely changed a year or so before release, which is why we have such stupid shit as 'No time to explain why I have no time to explain'. It was a sloppy chop shop job, and hopefully they learned from their mistakes.

Nekrosilisk88 said:
Trygon said:

Preorder will net you access to the beta for minimal commitment.

'minimal commitment' being a small fee or dueling with customer service down the line, for the privilege of playing a tiny slice of content that may well represent the lion's share of the game's content or virtually none, with no reliable indicators as to which it is.

I was a beta player for 1. Lesson learned.

Gonna pre-order Destiny 2 after the Gameplay Reveal Stream on May 18th. That's going to be the major deciding factor. I'm too invested in Destiny at this point to really call it quits anyways. I've made quite a few friends on this game.

A difficult endeavor deciding to put more money into Destiny after the disappointment at launch. I will be watching the gameplay when they show any and probably try out the beta. Based on what been seen thus far...curious what will occur. The Cabal barely got focused.

Back
Top Bottom