Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder) : A Most Unusual Undertaking

Rivine

Supernova
Alright, so here are the rules and such for our little adventure!

First, please do read this over, as I think it's a very good guide. (thanks to Mystictiger for finding it)

Character Creation
I ask that you use a character sheet that is fillable from a site like Myth-Weavers or a PDF. I'm really not that picky about it. However, there are some ground rules for characters.
  • All characters will be level 1.
  • Stats will be generated by rolling 4d6, dropping the lowest die, rolling 7 times in total, dropping the lowest score.
  • All characters will start with maximum hit points at level 1. All subsequent hit die shall be rolled.
  • Everyone will have 150 gp to start with, baring bonuses due feats and the like.
  • We will be using the background skills rules for this campaign.
  • For classes lets keep things to the core, base and hybrid classes found here, and antipaladin.
  • I would like to keep alternative class features to ones that are not from third party publishers, for simplicity sake.
  • Every character will have at least one drawback (up to 3) and at least three traits (up to 5 if you take all 3 drawbacks).
  • Exotic Weapon Proficiency is now a Trait rather than a feat, one that can be gained multiple times during play if a character is trained.
  • Each person will get a regional feat depending on where their character is from. Contact me to get the list of regional feats (which is limited) that is appropriate for the region your character hails from.

Other RP Rules, Themes & Details
  • The purpose of this role-play is to explore the interactions of a diverse adventuring band that will have differing backgrounds and moralities.
  • When it comes to morality I am not going to restrict people from what they want to create as a character. But do keep in mind that the group as well as NPCs might react rather negatively to certain actions, such as wanton killing of innocents and similar actions.
  • There will not be any alignment restrictions for characters. However your character's actions will have consequences, so keep this in mind.
  • I do not want to see PvP fighting occurring at any point. I would rather have the characters work out their differences in other ways so that they might accomplish their mutual goals.
  • As far as sex is concerned, I don't want this RP to be all about smut. I will have specific times at which sexual content is acceptable, such as when the group is camped or at an inn. When it is acceptable to RP sexual content I will post a notification in the RP itself, likely at the beginning of one of my own posts.
  • Also, all sexual encounters must have consent from the character's player.
  • Any sexual encounters will be entirely free form. That means that there will not be rolls associated with sex.
  • Dialogue and character interactions within the party are also going to be much more free form. On occasion I will ask for rolls, but not often.
  • As you might surmise from the above two points, I do not want the RP to get bogged down by an excessive amount of rolling.

Concerning the theme of the RP, I'm wanting to stick to something a bit more classical D&D. The group will be encountering a challenge and will have to band together to overcome it. As far as motivations are concerned some might do it out of the goodness of their hearts, others for money, some because they have no alternative if they want to survive. I want to have differences in the group, as those also create a strength.

When it comes to the plot right now I am not going to reveal what the overall plot arc will be. I kind of want to see what direction all of you go on your own with some direction and prompting from me. Really there are a few different ways I can see the plot going, but I do not want to shoehorn you all into a story line that might not be one you all enjoy. Having said all of that I have chosen a starting point for the RP. All of you will be beginning in the small village of Sourbar. Please don't go reading into the details overly much, as I'll be customizing the village a bit to my own tastes. But considering the different areas that everyone's characters will be from, I think that will be a good starting point for us. As for the year, our RP will be taking place in 1372 DR.​

Back
Top Bottom